George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
Video: Amal Alamuddin Arriving/Departing?? in NY with her mother - and was asked whether she thinks her wedding will be more of a spectacle than Kim Kardashian’s. EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Video: Amal Alamuddin Arriving/Departing?? in NY with her mother - and was asked whether she thinks her wedding will be more of a spectacle than Kim Kardashian’s. EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
Video: Amal Alamuddin Arriving/Departing?? in NY with her mother - and was asked whether she thinks her wedding will be more of a spectacle than Kim Kardashian’s. EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Video: Amal Alamuddin Arriving/Departing?? in NY with her mother - and was asked whether she thinks her wedding will be more of a spectacle than Kim Kardashian’s. EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Video: Amal Alamuddin Arriving/Departing?? in NY with her mother - and was asked whether she thinks her wedding will be more of a spectacle than Kim Kardashian’s. EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Video: Amal Alamuddin Arriving/Departing?? in NY with her mother - and was asked whether she thinks her wedding will be more of a spectacle than Kim Kardashian’s. EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Video: Amal Alamuddin Arriving/Departing?? in NY with her mother - and was asked whether she thinks her wedding will be more of a spectacle than Kim Kardashian’s. EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Video: Amal Alamuddin Arriving/Departing?? in NY with her mother - and was asked whether she thinks her wedding will be more of a spectacle than Kim Kardashian’s. EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Video: Amal Alamuddin Arriving/Departing?? in NY with her mother - and was asked whether she thinks her wedding will be more of a spectacle than Kim Kardashian’s. EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Video: Amal Alamuddin Arriving/Departing?? in NY with her mother - and was asked whether she thinks her wedding will be more of a spectacle than Kim Kardashian’s.

+11
lionheart
Silje
The next mrs clooney
Alisonfan
LizzyNY
party animal - not!
Joanna
annemarie
Nicky80
PigPen
Jenn
15 posters

Go down

Video: Amal Alamuddin Arriving/Departing?? in NY with her mother - and was asked whether she thinks her wedding will be more of a spectacle than Kim Kardashian’s. Empty Video: Amal Alamuddin Arriving/Departing?? in NY with her mother - and was asked whether she thinks her wedding will be more of a spectacle than Kim Kardashian’s.

Post by Jenn Fri 01 Aug 2014, 21:13

SNTV – Amal Alamuddin Asked if Wedding Will be Bigger Than Kim Kardashians

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

George Clooney’s soon-to-be wife, Amal Alamuddin, is asked whether she thinks her wedding will be more of a spectacle than Kim Kardashian’s.
“SNTV – Amal Alamuddin Asked if Wedding Will be Bigger Than Kim Kardashians” is categorized as “entertainment”. This video was licensed from Grab Networks. For additional video content, click the “video” tab at the top of this page.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Nicky80 on Fri 01 Aug 2014, 22:28; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : changed title when separate threads)
Jenn
Jenn
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Video: Amal Alamuddin Arriving/Departing?? in NY with her mother - and was asked whether she thinks her wedding will be more of a spectacle than Kim Kardashian’s. Empty Temp thread do not post

Post by PigPen Fri 01 Aug 2014, 21:18

can't get it to play... keeps reporting an error.   Anyone else having a problem?

Jenn, is there a printed version of what her comments are?   Thank you Smile

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Video: Amal Alamuddin Arriving/Departing?? in NY with her mother - and was asked whether she thinks her wedding will be more of a spectacle than Kim Kardashian’s. Empty Re: Video: Amal Alamuddin Arriving/Departing?? in NY with her mother - and was asked whether she thinks her wedding will be more of a spectacle than Kim Kardashian’s.

Post by Nicky80 Fri 01 Aug 2014, 21:22

Thanks Jenn for the find, the video is playing for me. 

So now we got the arrival from the airport were everyone was wondering why she wasn't seen. Funny...

Do you think it is the arrival or departure....I think it is the departure....I don't think it would be the arrival before the bridal shower and they hold the news back that long???
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Video: Amal Alamuddin Arriving/Departing?? in NY with her mother - and was asked whether she thinks her wedding will be more of a spectacle than Kim Kardashian’s. Empty Re: Video: Amal Alamuddin Arriving/Departing?? in NY with her mother - and was asked whether she thinks her wedding will be more of a spectacle than Kim Kardashian’s.

Post by Nicky80 Fri 01 Aug 2014, 21:24

PigPen wrote:can't get it to play... keeps reporting an error.   Anyone else having a problem?

Amal doesn't comment  Razz
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 01 Aug 2014, 21:26

Why do they speak to people just take the pictures and be quiet dumb question.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 01 Aug 2014, 21:29

OK I answered my own question...It says arrival in that video.....But the bridal shower was Tuesday. So let's say then she would arrive Monday or Sunday...Why only releasing it now????  Shocked
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 01 Aug 2014, 21:30

annemarie wrote:Why do they speak to people just take the pictures and be quiet dumb question.

Yep agree...I can imagine that she is not happy to be linked to the name Kardashians.....Can't believe they asked that...I would have asked "Where is George"  cheers
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 01 Aug 2014, 21:32

Nicky80 wrote:
PigPen wrote:can't get it to play... keeps reporting an error.   Anyone else having a problem?

Amal doesn't comment  Razz

And I'm not surprised she doesn't comment.
It's such a stupid, shallow question.

What a job for "a man".  jocolor 
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 01 Aug 2014, 21:36

Her poor mother's worried about her hair again.........

So paps hang around airports - and see who they can find anyway, so no big deal. And it's only just been sold to Splash since the dinner story came out. Still think this is a combined wedding dress and outfits fitting/dinner thing.

Um, the Harry ceremony. Well if there was one it would be in Washington, but I believe that in most instances they are presented at their homes..........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 01 Aug 2014, 21:52

Not to say "I told you so", BUT... Very Happy There's no way she could have gotten into the city unnoticed.

The question is stupid, but I wish she had answered. IMO, it would have proved she has a sense of humor. Instead she just looks pissed at getting the attention.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Fri 01 Aug 2014, 21:53

Tooo tooo funny, only one pap. lol. It's supposed to be New York? Eh.

I smell "The End".

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 01 Aug 2014, 21:55

Lizzy, If she would have answered I'm sure then others would claim she is looking for attention...I think it was the best way not to comment....I don't think she looks pissed...She is just avoiding the stupid guy LOL

Alisonfan, no there are more then one pap. You can see the flashlights while the guy is asking her the question. So there are more we just don't see them
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 01 Aug 2014, 22:06

LizzyNY wrote:Not to say "I told you so", BUT... Very Happy There's no way she could have gotten into the city unnoticed.

The question is stupid, but I wish she had answered. IMO, it would have proved she has a sense of humor. Instead she just looks pissed at getting the attention.

lol!  You deserve to tell us off big time  Razz ....OK OK...you were right...Let's wait for NY round 2  tongue Maybe next time she makes it unnoticed  Laughing
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 01 Aug 2014, 22:22

Nicky -  Very Happy Not telling anyone off - just telling it like it is. Everybody and his uncle has a cell phone in this city and the paps are everywhere. If you're famous someone is going to take your picture. - I'm guessing the next pictures will be at the airport when she leaves unless someone releases pictures from the shower.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Fri 01 Aug 2014, 22:25

If you look at the video she is coming from the outside of the airport an is heading to departures.  Notice the sign that says ticketed passengers only.  I think this is her leaving new york and not arriving. If she was arriving she would be heading towards the doors not into the airport.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 01 Aug 2014, 22:28

Ah thanks TNMC...I was thinking too it was departure...would have been weird to public hear arrival only now......
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 02 Aug 2014, 00:12

TNMC - Good catch!  Very Happy 
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sat 02 Aug 2014, 00:21

I hope she lasts until whenever the wedding is.

Headline:

George Clooney Marries the Skeletal Remains of Amal Alamuddin

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Sat 02 Aug 2014, 00:45

I was thinking the same thing W2O4D. Her arms are so thin. In the the latest restaurant pics from Italy when George was holding her arm in a tight grip I was worried he was going to break it.
Silje
Silje
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lionheart Sat 02 Aug 2014, 05:46

haha....It's funny how her mother was trying to hide her face. Sorry dont mean anything bad by it.

lionheart
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by / Sat 02 Aug 2014, 13:59

Are there any pictures of her in New York?

/
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 02 Aug 2014, 15:00

EC - As far as I can tell, they only caught her at the airport when she was leaving. Just Jared does have a bunch of pics of her landing in Milan, so I guess she's back in Como now.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkie Sat 02 Aug 2014, 15:13

LizzyNY wrote:Not to say "I told you so", BUT... Very Happy There's no way she could have gotten into the city unnoticed.

Lizzy here's what I don't understand, there is a rumoured "Bridal Shower" then Amal is filmed coming and going from NY Airport. She could have flown private, George knows how things work, he knows what it is like. Surely he would have paid for or for that matter Amal and her mother could have paid for a private plane. She may have still had her photo taken from who ever but from a distance. So why fly commercial?
sparkie
sparkie
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by / Sat 02 Aug 2014, 15:55

A very random remark: I am loving that outfit on Amal's mother! Especially the Nikes, bang on trend. Smile

/
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 02 Aug 2014, 16:13

Sparkie - I haven't a clue. Very Happy Maybe it's because she's proud she hooked George and she wants the whole world to know it! I know I would. Very Happy  There could be a dozen reasons for flying commercial, but if publicity was the reason it didn't work - they only caught her leaving NY and it got minimal coverage in the media.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 02 Aug 2014, 19:00

Maybe she isn't used to fly private because she never did before George... So maybe flying Commercial-business class is enough for her....Does it really matter?

George parents take commercial flights too. Remember an interview where they had to stop and change flights in NY. Only because George has money does not mean now everyone has to fly private.

And remember George flew commercial too on his way to Canada....

I don't think she flew commercial for publicity...She is a normal woman who does the same thing she always did before.."flying commercial"....I'm sure Amal does not feel the need to fly private just to hide from the press......I think this is more George  Laughing 
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Sat 02 Aug 2014, 19:10

George flies commercial a lot so why shouldn't she?  There doesn't have to be an ulterior motive behind everything.  Plus think of the money it costs to fly private, maybe she is a being fiscally responsible.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sat 02 Aug 2014, 19:36

At this point, if there are no pap or surreptitious camera phone shots of her at an airport, I'm assuming she's flying private. And if she flies commercial and no Twitter or Instagram or whatever social media platform pictures of her emerge, I'm assuming she goes first class. That's not a knock; just assumptions based on observable patterns.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Sat 02 Aug 2014, 23:54

Way2old4dis

She could turn up at any UK airport and nobody would bat an eyelid, look at the video. Even with their own hired pair of paps in tow nobody looked twice.
You see besides GC fans and the legal set in London no one has a clue who she is. Sit on any tube, or have dinner at The Ritz tonight, pull out a picture of Amal and nobody has heard of her. If however, you mention GC fiancé, ppl will say they have heard about it, but no clue who she is. Sorry but that's the facts of life, celebrity is fleeting being the GF/wife is even more vapourous.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Picachu Mon 04 Aug 2014, 06:00

I agree, there's a heck of an amount of people who have no idea who she is and also don't care. If I didn't follow George I wouldn't know who she was and possibly wouldn't even know he was engaged because before coming here I didn't follow a celebrity, didn't read the celebrity pages of a paper and didn't by magazines.
Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 04 Aug 2014, 14:02

Sad to say Alisonfan and Picachu are right. In the US George gets a ton of press when he's promoting a project, and he got huge media coverage when he got engaged because nobody ever thought he would. There was a feeding frenzy when Amal first surfaced, but that's winding down. I'm guessing there will be a media blitz for the wedding and then - back to normal. Unless it's a slow news day in Hollywood, George doesn't get much coverage and most people don't really care - just us fans feel deprived.

LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Mon 04 Aug 2014, 15:17

LizzyNY wrote:Sad to say Alisonfan and Picachu are right. In the US George gets a ton of press when he's promoting a project, and he got huge media coverage when he got engaged because nobody ever thought he would. There was a feeding frenzy when Amal first surfaced, but that's winding down. I'm guessing there will be a media blitz for the wedding and then - back to normal. Unless it's a slow news day in Hollywood, George doesn't get much coverage and most people don't really care - just us fans feel deprived.

Thanks Lizzy, I assume, once married Amal will be "the lawyer wife of George Clooney".  She will be just a jobbing lawyer.  I can't see the paps wanting any further info from her, or on her after the wedding.
Normal service will be resumed, as they say.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 04 Aug 2014, 17:36

Picachu wrote:I agree, there's a heck of an amount of people who have no idea who she is and also don't care.

**If I didn't follow George I wouldn't know who she was and possibly wouldn't even know he was engaged because before coming here I didn't follow a celebrity, didn't read the celebrity pages of a paper and didn't by magazines.

** I'm the same as you in that respect, Picachu.
The only time I ever see a "celebrity magazine" is in the waiting area of my
Hospital Out Patients Dept, which obviously is a useful distraction from the
purpose of being there !
And I believe that there's also a heck of a lot of people here in UK who haven't a
clue about anything to do with George Clooney, apart from his films.
Although I believe he has gained some respect over the years regarding his work for Sudan and his activity with the Sentinal Project. He's done some in depth interviews
on BBC in the past covering those issues.
We don't have TV programmes devoted to "celebrity gossip" either here.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 04 Aug 2014, 18:29

Oh, it's starting in five minute slots, Jo, on esteemed{?!) channels like 5 and it's offshoots............

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down