George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
No wonder he's smitten! George Clooney's fiancé Amal Alamuddin is flawless in London - Page 2 EmptyToday at 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
No wonder he's smitten! George Clooney's fiancé Amal Alamuddin is flawless in London - Page 2 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
No wonder he's smitten! George Clooney's fiancé Amal Alamuddin is flawless in London - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
No wonder he's smitten! George Clooney's fiancé Amal Alamuddin is flawless in London - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
No wonder he's smitten! George Clooney's fiancé Amal Alamuddin is flawless in London - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
No wonder he's smitten! George Clooney's fiancé Amal Alamuddin is flawless in London - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
No wonder he's smitten! George Clooney's fiancé Amal Alamuddin is flawless in London - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
No wonder he's smitten! George Clooney's fiancé Amal Alamuddin is flawless in London - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
No wonder he's smitten! George Clooney's fiancé Amal Alamuddin is flawless in London - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

No wonder he's smitten! George Clooney's fiancé Amal Alamuddin is flawless in London

+25
catwoman
iamnoone
Katiedot
lelacorb
Silje
Alisonfan
mel01
Margaret
pandabear
Pita428
Catie
melbert
amaretti
Missa
moniquevander
theminis
LizzyNY
Joanna
Cece42
LornaDoone
isogotit
Way2Old4Dis
PigPen
Nicky80
party animal - not!
29 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

No wonder he's smitten! George Clooney's fiancé Amal Alamuddin is flawless in London - Page 2 Empty Re: No wonder he's smitten! George Clooney's fiancé Amal Alamuddin is flawless in London

Post by Joanna Sat 14 Jun 2014, 10:52

Margaret wrote:I think she is doing what SK use to do and inform photographers where she will be and at what time. That is why she is always dolled up and they can get the shots of her otherwise no-one really cares about her unless she is the GC. I think someone is reading what we are discussing about her always been happy and smiling on her own and having a sour puss face when she is GC.

She must have a mole amongst us.

lol! .....Remember this from the 60's ?

THE MOLE IN THE HOLE
The Southlanders - 1958

I'm not a bat or a rat or a cat, 

I'm not a gnu or a kangaroo,

the loose, I am a mole and I live in a hole.
I'm not a goose or a moose.

You're the slick chick I dig the most, 
I'm not a ram or a clam or a lamb, 
I'm not a hog or a frog or a dog, 
I am a mole and I live in a hole.

Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

No wonder he's smitten! George Clooney's fiancé Amal Alamuddin is flawless in London - Page 2 Empty Re: No wonder he's smitten! George Clooney's fiancé Amal Alamuddin is flawless in London

Post by Margaret Sat 14 Jun 2014, 10:57

Joanna wrote:
Margaret wrote:I think she is doing what SK use to do and inform photographers where she will be and at what time. That is why she is always dolled up and they can get the shots of her otherwise no-one really cares about her unless she is the GC. I think someone is reading what we are discussing about her always been happy and smiling on her own and having a sour puss face when she is GC.

lol! .....Remember this from the 60's ?

THE MOLE IN THE HOLE
The Southlanders - 1958

I'm not a bat or a rat or a cat, 

I'm not a gnu or a kangaroo,

the loose, I am a mole and I live in a hole.
I'm not a goose or a moose.

You're the slick chick I dig the most, 
I'm not a ram or a clam or a lamb, 
I'm not a hog or a frog or a dog, 

Sorry I don't know the saying /song but you did make me laugh, I love it. Thank you.
Margaret
Margaret
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by mel01 Sat 14 Jun 2014, 11:25

Why is she dressed like this? I mean i love the top, but the whole look with that pants and the midriff-bearing look is what a grungy teenager/young 20-something hipster would wear. It doesn't fit with the mid-30's human rights lawyer image, but then again maybe she makes a point through her off-hours dressing.

I can't help thinking (with all due respect, but maybe all women are like this) that she deliberately likes too show just how slender she is. What's strange is that in the very 1st pic i ever saw of her back in Oct in that red dress, she didn't look thin at all, was she wearing multiple layers then?

mel01
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Sat 14 Jun 2014, 11:59

Way2Old4Dis wrote:Daisy Dukes with those non-existent hips and skinny legs would not be a good idea. I hate the look, but you have to have certain assets to make it work. Otherwise, it defeats the purpose.

George likes 'em skinny. Can't fault him for his preferences.

W2OD,  I beg to differ.  AA is making the classic mistake a lot of women do, in trying to recreate Girl Friends past.

AA looks to EC (2years)  for her pre-pube, grungie look, the father/daughter protector/helpless 'lil thing look. 

AA looks to SK (2years) for the well organised pap shot, outfit, hair, errand, DM photog GO!

She is only trying to please her man, and thinks this is what worked before, why not now, see classic mistake.

Where as, I think she should look to  LISA SNOWDON (5 YEARS - HE KEPT COMING BACK FOR MORE OF LISA)

Large pendulous breasts, curvaceous fleshy hips, long but meaty and soft fleshed out legs, no women of muscle and bone, Lisa was a REAL women, in every sense of the word "woman".
NO organised pap shots, just a nice women with a good sense of humour, and a work ethic, with or without George.  
No wonder he kept coming back 5 years for more of Lisa .

@Margaret

You could well be right, we said why is she always on the phone and smiling - no phone(in some shots), no smile.
Didn't someone on here already say that? That AA/mole was here ?

Last edited by Alisonfan on Sat 14 Jun 2014, 12:11; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Grammer)

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Sat 14 Jun 2014, 12:04

Yes, she deliberately likes to show just how slender she is and how long her legs are.I probably would too.I like her hair, her shoes and her more formal dresses but her casual wear is too much teenage girl for me. George is 17 years older then her and he is dressing in grandpa jeans for causal wear so her style just accentues the age difference. But she doesn't look likes his daughter the way Elisabeta did.

Are there any men on this board? Would be interesting to know how men rate Amals looks. Do men find it attractive when a 30+ woman is that slim?
Silje
Silje
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sat 14 Jun 2014, 12:43

I really do not understand the problem? Amal is dressed well and having a nice body, she can afford to dress well. I always wear pants like those of years and I have more than Amal but in my world, which seems different from yours, even at age 50, if a woman is lean and well-made dresses so often! Surely it would be laughable if it were fat and flabby. The problem is that she does seem older than George? No problem George is older and we know it all. According to Amal you should dress up as a middle-aged lady in order to hide the ETO difference? My consideration of Amal is different, it seems to me that you have changed the way they dress from the first picture, it seems to be imitating other people. At first she had the attitude to women in earnest and now career as an actress in Hollywood and this leaves me puzzled why the sudden changes in identity attitudes make me think of fakes!
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 14 Jun 2014, 13:19

Missa wrote:Is it possible she's losing weight?  Those are skinny jeans, they're not supposed to be baggy.
Yeah, I've been wondering the same. Looking at ALL of her clothes, they seem to hang on her (I'm thinking particularly of that pink shift dress with the bows on the waist) which says to me that she's down a dress size since she's bought them.

mel01 wrote:Why is she dressed like this? I mean i love the top, but the whole look with that pants and the midriff-bearing look is what a grungy teenager/young 20-something hipster would wear.
Hate to break it to you, but crop tops are coming back in. Aiiiieee!!! Ever cannibalistic, it seems like fashion world is redoing the 90s bare tummy as the latest zone.

Alisonfan wrote: Where as, I think she should look to  LISA SNOWDON (5 YEARS - HE KEPT COMING BACK FOR MORE OF LISA)
Yeah, but he was with so many different women during those five years, would that really count as a successful relationship from Lisa's point of view? Let alone a relationship anyone else would want to emulate?

Alisonfan wrote:NO organised pap shots, just a nice women with a good sense of humour, and a work ethic, with or without George.
She was acused by fans of the time of organising endless pap shots. In particular, I remember one time when he was on set (maybe Ocean's 11?) and there were no photos for days on end, then she came to visit him and all of a sudden there were shots of her kissing him goodbye on set. Amazing how the paps managed to get on set that time, eh?

In hindsight, I'm inclined to think that it's George who organises all the pap shots. We've accused Lisa of calling the paparazzi, we've accused Sarah Larson of calling them, we were certain Elisabetta and Stacy had a hotline to the paps . . . the only constant in this is George.

Alisonfan wrote:Didn't someone on here already say that? That AA/mole was here ?
Nope. One of the wishful thinking tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorists was hoping that maybe Amal was secretly posting on here. But let's be sensible, why would anyone need a mole to read a website that's published online for everyone to read?

Silje wrote:. George is 17 years older then her and he is dressing in grandpa jeans for causal wear so her style just accentues the age difference..
I think you hit the nail on the head there. George's style is outdated so it makes him look older than he is (hence my excitement at his new shirt: FINALLY he's wearing something that's been fashionable this century). If he could only lose the baggy acid wash denim jeans . . .

lelacorb wrote:I really do not understand the problem? Amal is dressed well and having a nice body, she can afford to dress well. I always wear pants like those of years and I have more than Amal but in my world, which seems different from yours, even at age 50, if a woman is lean and well-made dresses so often!
Exactly! She's only early 30s, not early 50s and has the figure to wear this fashion.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mel01 Sat 14 Jun 2014, 13:49

Katiedot wrote:
I really do not understand the problem? Amal is dressed well and having a nice body, she can afford to dress well. I always wear pants like those of years and I have more than Amal but in my world, which seems different from yours, even at age 50, if a woman is lean and well-made dresses so often!
 Exactly!  She's only early 30s, not early 50s and has the figure to wear this fashion.  

Well I'm younger than both her and Stacy, and although i would say Amal is now thinner than me, i'm sure people who know me would beg to differ, because that's what always happens when they complain about my size and i point out people whom i think look thinner. Anyway my point is that she may have the figure, but u can't wear certain clothes beyond a certain age. I'm referring to those checked skinny jeans she's wearing - ok u wanna wear skinny jeans fine, but does it have to be checked too? Something so childish about the way she dresses. If anybody else wore that outfit combo - with those polka-dot rimmed sunglasses on top of it - they'd be on the worst-dressed list. Even that crop top, as pretty as it is (for the record i LOVE that top), it's not something a professional would wear, if they're gonna be in a situation where their bosses or clients would see - it's fine for the beach or on vacation, but if that person knows that she's gonna be around London and most probably get photographed, why wear that?? Or she could have sensibly chosen something more suitable to wear with that top. But maybe I'm too cynical?

mel01

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 14 Jun 2014, 13:52

Wouldn't be my choice (different age bracket) but half of London dresses like this, especially on Fridays, and often not as well as this......jeans are totally acceptable unless of course you have formal meetings.......and the trousers are Stella McCartney and designed to hang off the hips.............

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by mel01 Sat 14 Jun 2014, 13:54

party animal - not! wrote:Wouldn't be my choice (different age bracket) but half of London dresses like this, especially on Fridays, and often not as well as this......jeans are totally acceptable unless of course you have formal meetings.......and the trousers are Stella McCartney and designed to hang off the hips.............

Wow really?? Fridays are working days though

mel01

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 14 Jun 2014, 13:56

mel01 wrote: Anyway my point is that she may have the figure, but u can't wear certain clothes beyond a certain age.
 I suspect this is a cultural thing.  I've noticed this before with our American posters that you seem to have incredibly strict (and what seem to be me utterly ridiculous) rules about what a person can and can't wear.  Apparently American women all give up on anything fashionable after the age of 22 and don't show any skin whatsoever after the age of 25.  There are also specific set styles of clothes for each generation and nobody is ever allowed to veer from it.  Ok, I exaggerate for humorous effect, but you see what I mean.  

It's nowhere near as draconian in the UK, where I'm from - and Amal for that matter.  She's in her mid-30s and this is appropriate, fashionable wear for her age on a day off.  The patterned skinny jeans are still in fashion - have been for some years now - and shops, including those aimed at professional women in Amal's age range, are stocked full of this style.  

mel01 wrote: it's not something a professional would wear, if they're gonna be in a situation where their bosses or clients would see
 Question for you: do you wear your work outfits on your days off too?  If Amal were in shiny rubber or a skin tight pvc cat suit in the middle of the day you'd have a point, but this is perfectly fine casual wear.

mel01 wrote:Wow really?? Fridays are working days though
But she's clearly not at work, is she?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 14 Jun 2014, 14:02

Funny really, cos I remember working for a huge American Corporation, who. along with others, sent an edict out to say Fridays were Dress Down Days.

I think the guys got fed up with wearing suits!

Often seen outfits like this on staff at PR companies I know, especially if they're not meeting clients for lunch etc.

She wasn't dressed like this at the conference....tho to be honest there were some who did tho they weren't necessarily delegates...........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by mel01 Sat 14 Jun 2014, 14:20

Yeah it is definitely cultural, Katiedot, but I'm not American, neither do i live in the US. But i admit the way i dress and choice of clothes are sadly very much influenced by the fact that i choose not to wear things which may be offensive to people of other cultures and religions in the multiracial society i live in. 

But I'm still confused about how ppl here used to attack Stacy for her choice of clothes or her figure, yet till today I can't recall a single thing she wore that i didn't like. Maybe both women are judged differently based on their education/work background?

mel01

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 14 Jun 2014, 14:22

Katie - Having long left the age of 22 in the rear view mirror, I can tell you that US women wear whatever, wherever at any age. It's just that when you see a 20 year old from the rear it's kind of disconcerting to see a 70 year old from the front!

Basically, the rule is "dress your age", which most of us take to mean that we should adapt current fashion to fit our age and body type so we don't look ridiculous.

I'd say Amal has a few more years to dress like a teenager before her face begins to betray her age. By the way, saw Vera Wang at the NY MM premiere. She's tall, and if she weighs more than 90 lbs I'm a supermodel (NOT). The girl next to me said she looked like a praying mantis! IMO Amal could be her body double. Unfortunately, this seems to be the new preferred body type in Hollywood.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Sat 14 Jun 2014, 14:46

Aside from the occasional pop of color, her work attire is pretty bland - plain shift dresses or neutral tone pants and shoes.  Why not dress for personal style and comfort on days off?
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by mel01 Sat 14 Jun 2014, 14:54

Missa wrote:Aside from the occasional pop of color, her work attire is pretty bland - plain shift dresses or neutral tone pants and shoes.  Why not dress for personal style and comfort on days off?

Well u have a good point there.

mel01

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Sat 14 Jun 2014, 16:06

Okay- just because .....he's 53 years old, is engaged ( with a ring costing somewhere around $750,000), and he's called SMITTEN?????  Who writes this stuff.

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 14 Jun 2014, 16:25

The same idiots that call her "gorgeous"!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Sat 14 Jun 2014, 16:37

Yeah, I hear that one, Lizzy.  Let's not forget brilliant, smarter than everyone else  Blah blah blah 

But, gorgeous or ugly as a bucket of crud, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and she's the one wearing a 7 carat diamond.  I don't get it, but he didn't consult with me before he asked her.  By the way.. what ever happened to that inside source- the one giving away all the tid bits ( made her dinner, got down on one knee, had to ask twice).  He/she disappeared awful fast.  Sorry  going off topic again.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 14 Jun 2014, 17:42

Moved the posts about the new pics to a new thread

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by iamnoone Sat 14 Jun 2014, 19:55

I love the crop top it looks lightweight, and is very pretty I like it with the jeans i think she looks great except for that she's lost A LOT of weight, those jeans are barely hanging on there....

iamnoone
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Sat 14 Jun 2014, 20:32

Way2Old4Dis wrote:
melbert wrote:
Way2Old4Dis wrote:

... Said the women currently in a 10-year-old T-shirt and a pair of men's boxers.
And I would be very disappointed if you don't have curlers in your hair too...  hahahahahaha!!!

Sorry to disappoint you, but I have what I call 'Negrindian'  (Negro/Indian) hair, which I don't straighten and so can't use rollers on. But when it's just 'freestyle' like it is now, and with the tee and shorts, it's a bigger hoot than any picture you imagine of me with rollers.
I think your "look " sounds fabulous.  Sort of Julianna Margolies, yes?

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Margaret Sat 14 Jun 2014, 23:25

Katiedot wrote:

I really do not understand the problem? Amal is dressed well and having a nice body, she can afford to dress well. I always wear pants like those of years and I have more than Amal but in my world, which seems different from yours, even at age 50, if a woman is lean and well-made dresses so often!
” Exactly! She's only early 30s, not early 50s and has the figure to wear this fashion.

She 36. I call that mid 30' s and not early.
Margaret
Margaret
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sat 14 Jun 2014, 23:49

I think your "look " sounds fabulous.  Sort of Julianna Margolies, yes?

Um, yeah, sure... if Julianna happens to have soft coils that stand up in a semi-Afro (when dry) instead of falling down her back.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Sun 15 Jun 2014, 00:38

PigPen wrote:Yeah, I hear that one, Lizzy.  Let's not forget brilliant, smarter than everyone else  Blah blah blah 

But, gorgeous or ugly as a bucket of crud, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and she's the one wearing a 7 carat diamond.  I don't get it, but he didn't consult with me before he asked her.  By the way.. what ever happened to that inside source- the one giving away all the tid bits ( made her dinner, got down on one knee, had to ask twice).  He/she disappeared awful fast.  Sorry  going off topic again.
 All that info was in the People magazine story, in which case the source was Stan, and he's quiet now because Phase I of his and George's roll-out plan is over.  Preparing for Phase II:  George and Amal Invade Como.  Smile
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by catwoman Sun 15 Jun 2014, 00:39

Sorry, but to me she has an unhealthy thinness
 I don't think a 36 year old woman should dress like an old woman, but I think showing the belly too is a very adolescent style, anyway ...
catwoman
catwoman
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Sun 15 Jun 2014, 02:41

She looks great in the cropped top. Very Happy 

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece42 Sun 15 Jun 2014, 03:10

I posted earlier that I believe her pants are way to low, maybe on a much younger girl, but not on her, what is she trying to prove.

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 15 Jun 2014, 03:22

That's she's got a thin enough body to where whatever the hell she wants.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece42 Sun 15 Jun 2014, 04:28

Of course she can wear whatever she wants, but some of us comment and give our opinions on what she wears.

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 15 Jun 2014, 05:29

Not some of us - we ALL do!  Very Happy 
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 15 Jun 2014, 12:59

Amal has only been back in London 
for 4.5 weeks and has been photographed on umpteen 
occasions since then.
I think she's handling the exposure very well when 
she's not been used to it on her own territory in her own space.

I personally like her style, both formal and informal,
although I've always preferred the informal look best, both on George and now on her.

Love the leather look on both of them.   Coolio
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 15 Jun 2014, 20:47

Joanna - I like a lot of the clothes she wears, but I don't think she's "gorgeous". She's a pretty woman who, IMO, could stand to gain a few pounds.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 15 Jun 2014, 21:37

LizzyNY wrote:Joanna - I like a lot of the clothes she wears, but I don't think she's "gorgeous". She's a pretty woman who, IMO, could stand to gain a few pounds.

I don't think I said Amal was gorgeous....did I? Journo's did probably.

There only one "Gorgeous" on COH !!

As to being too thin....I know a few mid thirty year olds who look thin to me,
but they are perfectly fit and horse ride and go to the gym etc.

Let the youngsters enjoy their "Thin Period" I say.   Sofa bounce 

The time comes all too quickly when the dress the size creeps up !!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by soriah Sun 15 Jun 2014, 21:46

I think she is dressed perfectly fine for her age....she's out on what looks like a casual stroll, nothing wrong with jeans and a semi crop top.....people will always finding something to not like about GC's girlfriends.

soriah
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 15 Jun 2014, 22:02

Joanna - No, it wasn't you - it's just in all the press. They call her "gorgeous" and "stunning" all the time. I've never seen her in person (and probably never will) but from her photos I don't think those words apply. "Pretty", yes. "Attractive", yes. "Gorgeous"? No. (And, healthy or not, I still think she's too thin.)
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sun 15 Jun 2014, 22:33

Non capisco  il problema qui  per essere magre , io vivo  in un paese dove  tutti sono  a dieta per  essere o diventare  sottile ,  anche i medici  in  Italia  dicono che essendo  sottile  è sano  e' l'America  è indicata come il  paese  non deve essere preso  come esempio  , perché  lì lala popolazione  ha una percentuale più alta  di obesità  rispetto a qualsiasi  altro paese civile  e un costo  per la sanità per  le  malattie cardio-vascolari  siperiori  qualsiasi altro  paese civile.  Dov'è il problema ?  non è  un caso  che  il problema  è  tuo e  tuscaricato  la  coscienza  pensando  che il problema è  la gente  magra ?

Google translation

I do not understand the problem here to be skinny, I live in a country where everyone is on a diet to be or become thin, even doctors in Italy say that being thin is healthy and 'America is listed as the country does not have to be taken as an example, because there lala population has a higher rate of obesity than any other civilized country and a cost for health care for the cardio-vascular diseases siperiori any other civilized country. Where is the problem? It is no coincidence that the problem is yours and tuscaricato consciousness thinking that the problem is people lean?

Last edited by Nicky80 on Sun 15 Jun 2014, 22:41; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added google translation)
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Sun 15 Jun 2014, 23:35

Lela-- yes, the US has an obesity problem.  However not all "thin" is healthy and there is also a significant problem with eating disorders--especially among certain professions (modelling, actresses), girls in certain sports, college students, etc. 

I am not saying Amal has an eating disorder--she may be naturally that thin for all I know.  I do think Stacy was flirting with/or had one when she was with G.  Way too many cleanses and obsessed with what she ate.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Mon 16 Jun 2014, 00:47

One thing which is obvious from all the photos is that Amal has definitely slimmed down since the pictures first emerged of her with George.  Maybe its the stress of the spotlight or maybe something else - if she keeps losing weight she will be what we call here '"a lollipop girl" not a good look. 

I have a family member who is very slim, cannot gain weight no matter what they eat, absolutely loathes exercise, the difference is her body type has always remained that way from age of 16 to 32 - Amal has clearly lost weight and a lot of women her age don't suddenly thin out.  

So I will err on the side of sympathy that perhaps being in the spotlight is taking a toll on her and when she gets used to that she will then gain back a few more healthy pounds.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 16 Jun 2014, 01:27

Well, according to those who have known her since school, she has always been this shape, and if you look at her IBAHR interviews she is the same.  Maybe it is the angular shoulders - not a lot she can do about that. She has lost nothing in her face

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Mon 16 Jun 2014, 01:38

It's not just her shoulders- her arms are extremely thin. Katie made a good point earlier in the thread that most of her clothes don't fit her properly. The dresses that are designed to tuck in at the waist just hang there, and the skinny jeans meant to fit like a glove are loose, making it appear as though she's gone down a size since she bought them. I think it's a combination of being naturally quite petite and the stress of being stalked by the paps every day AND knowing that your fiance is probably going to insist on selling pictures of you in your wedding dress to People magazine. If she looks this slim in pictures, I can't imagine how  thin she is in real life.  I hope she's taking care of herself, in any case.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Mon 16 Jun 2014, 02:21

PAN have a look at the photo I posted of Amal I posted in the Letter to George Clooney thread, its not angles or lighting etc, she has definitely lost weight, which if it was her intention , then she has succeeded. 

Sure she has a slim build, that's why I think any weight loss even small looks more dramatic on her - like Missa said, hope she is taking care of herself -
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 16 Jun 2014, 18:27

LizzyNY wrote:Joanna - No, it wasn't you - it's just in all the press. They call her "gorgeous" and "stunning" all the time. I've never seen her in person (and probably never will) but from her photos I don't think those words apply. "Pretty", yes. "Attractive", yes. "Gorgeous"? No.
Yup. I think it's the same sort of thing that makes every bride 'blushing' in the press. It's just brainless reporting: George Clooney's wife to be must be stunning and therefore stunning she is.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bamboochacha Tue 17 Jun 2014, 05:03

didn't take her long to lose what little class she had.   flower
bamboochacha
bamboochacha
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by premiere Tue 17 Jun 2014, 13:25

Katiedot wrote:
LizzyNY wrote:Joanna - No, it wasn't you - it's just in all the press. They call her "gorgeous" and "stunning" all the time. I've never seen her in person (and probably never will) but from her photos I don't think those words apply. "Pretty", yes. "Attractive", yes. "Gorgeous"? No.
 Yup.  I think it's the same sort of thing that makes every bride 'blushing' in the press.  It's just brainless reporting: George Clooney's wife to be must be stunning and therefore stunning she is.
What about the word "smitten"? Let's find a new word. Also, I really don't want to read one more time about the expression "whisked her off" . . .".

Gotta go. Hubby is going to whisk me off to Dunkin' Donuts for breakfast.
premiere
premiere
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Tue 17 Jun 2014, 14:53

premiere your hubby is such a debonair kinda guy-- whisking you off to Dunkin Donuts! Hope he pops for coffee too! :-)

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by premiere Tue 17 Jun 2014, 16:19

LornaDoone wrote:premiere your hubby is such a debonair kinda guy-- whisking you off to Dunkin Donuts!  Hope he pops for coffee too!  :-)

He's also going to buy me coffee because he's so smitten with me! Razz 

(Sorry. Getting off topic.) pale
premiere
premiere
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Tue 17 Jun 2014, 16:52

premiere, 

Dictionary.com defines Smitten as

struck, as with a hard blow. 2. grievously or disastrously stricken or afflicted. 3. very much in love. verb. 4. a past participle of smite.

so, depending on what's flying around on the Internet, any of these definitions could fit.  or maybe  dumbstruck would work as well.

What did you get to nibble with your coffee at DD?  Love cruellers. cheers

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2