George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George in Tuscany
George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin on Double Date - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 19:45 by benex

» The Good News
George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin on Double Date - Page 2 EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin on Double Date - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin on Double Date - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin on Double Date - Page 2 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin on Double Date - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin on Double Date - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin on Double Date - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin on Double Date - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin on Double Date

+27
annemarie
premiere
fava
it's me
Carla97
Picachu
Katiedot
jd68
amaretti
LizzyNY
Sevens
m4rose
happycat
Way2Old4Dis
theminis
isogotit
Atalante
LornaDoone
lelacorb
Butterfly
justpassinthrough
Joanna
party animal - not!
catwoman
NewFanForever
Nicky80
silly girl
31 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin on Double Date - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin on Double Date

Post by NewFanForever Sat 29 Mar 2014, 08:24

Thanks for the video...Katiedot.

Last edited by NewFanForever on Sat 29 Mar 2014, 08:56; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

NewFanForever
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin on Double Date - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin on Double Date

Post by Sevens Sat 29 Mar 2014, 08:47

Having seen the video many times, I still don't know how they shot this one...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
George didn't bend in the video. Maybe this pic happened before the video. George leaned on the car, watching Amal,who was standing on the step,talking to his friends,at this moment he didn't notice the paps at all. Then he hugged Emily as in this pic:
After this we come to the point where the video starts. That could explain why he was shocked by the paps. He wasn't prepared for this.
From the pics of their arriving, they didn't realize the paps either. After all, their latest dinner date at Soho House escaped from the paps camera.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 29 Mar 2014, 09:02

Yes, he did bend in the video. The video shows them hugging goodbye, then George goes round the back of the car to the driver's side but before he gets there, he startles, ducks (bends down) and comes back to Amal.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sat 29 Mar 2014, 09:25

Now I get it Katie...that pic got the moment of George trying to reach Amal! Not watching her which I thought. Laughing 
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 29 Mar 2014, 09:29

It looked to me as if he was trying to protect Amal from photographers. Maybe she's in hiding for personal or professional reasons.

Would someone in the restaurant have tipped the
paps off about their presence ?
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 29 Mar 2014, 09:39

Joanna wrote:Would someone in the restaurant have tipped the paps off about their presence ?
Probably not because the paps were already there when George & co arrived too. [It's a bit confusing but there are two sets of pictures - of them arriving and of them leaving] so most likely George tipped them off.

If this is his usual sushi place, then it's not a pap hangout, but if I remember what I've read other posters who've been there wrote correctly (don't count on it!), there's another sushi place close by which IS a place for paps.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 29 Mar 2014, 09:48

Although, having just visited the place on google maps, it looks like that's the only sushi place around, so I either misremembered, or it's another restaurant.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 29 Mar 2014, 10:50

You're right, Katie. The other one is Asanebo, which is the one he went to before he took off across the pond, and it's quite close and pap/celeb friendly and fashionable. This one is less glamorous I think.

I'm sure they were hoping for a quiet dinner

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 29 Mar 2014, 11:20

What's the betting we see no more pictures now ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Picachu Sat 29 Mar 2014, 11:28

Katiedot wrote:
Joanna wrote:Would someone in the restaurant have tipped the  paps off about their presence ?
Probably not because the paps were already there when George & co arrived too.  [It's a bit confusing but there are two sets of pictures - of them arriving and of them leaving] so most likely George tipped them off.

Sorry I don't understand your comment Katie. Why would George tip them off? He was surprised to see them there and was trying his best to avoid pictures so to tip them off doesn't make sence to me
Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 29 Mar 2014, 11:45

Picachu wrote:Sorry I don't understand your comment Katie. Why would George tip them off? He was surprised to see them there and was trying his best to avoid pictures so to tip them off doesn't make sence to me
I think the paps were tipped off because this isn't a restaurant where paparazzi hang out - and they were there already when George arrived. Why would they be there waiting for him unless someone called them?

He wasn't surprised to see them: they photographed him arriving with Amal, were (I assume) outside throughout the meal and then took pictures of them leaving. He got surprised suddenly halfway through leaving when yes, he suddenly changes his behaviour and tried to avoid having his picture taken by ducking behind the car. But before that, he was fine having his picture taken hugging goodbye and walking round the car.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NewFanForever Sat 29 Mar 2014, 11:47

As I said before if you look at the video...there was a pap hiding down low near GC car...he startled George and both backed off. iMo

Last edited by NewFanForever on Sat 29 Mar 2014, 11:58; edited 1 time in total

NewFanForever

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 29 Mar 2014, 11:55

Now that would explain everything!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Picachu Sat 29 Mar 2014, 11:56

thanks Katie, its amazing that we cna all look at the same thing but come up with different scenario and to follow on, he got spooked because someone was crouched beside his car in other words way to close for comfort?
Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Sat 29 Mar 2014, 12:25

Katiedot wrote:Irrelevant to the discussion, I know, but can anyone explain what the sushi restaurant means by its note on the door saying 'parking on the roof'.  Does Santa dine there often or do they really have roof top parking?

Yes, I noticed that too. It must be for Santa and it makes sense. Sushi isn´t as healthy as you think it is. Sushi can make you FAT. Santa is kind of round… so….

The other thing I noticed was phones. Why you need phones, not calling for taxi? I mean the new standard of cool is hanging out with friends and not having a need to look at a phone, let alone use it… So maybe put them in the handbag.

They seem nice couple, didn´t they have a child just recently or was it last year. I have seen the trailer for new movie. It has Cruise in it, so maybe I´ll pass.
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 29 Mar 2014, 12:28

he sounded ridiculous only

Look at the slideshow on the link

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 29 Mar 2014, 12:53

it's me wrote:he sounded ridiculous only

Look at the slideshow on the link

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm more confused than ever now....slide show of bambini ???

HELP !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 29 Mar 2014, 12:54

Emily Blunt had a baby girl, Hazel, in February
I believe.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 29 Mar 2014, 13:04

it's ridiculous trying to hide like that
as kids on the link
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Sat 29 Mar 2014, 14:50

party animal - not! wrote:As far as we know - probably all day!

Emily Blunt's father is a high-profile barrister in the UK - Oliver Blunt, QC

And of course they married at Villa Oleandra.........
They did not get married at Villa Oleandra.  They got married at Villa D'Este in Como.  I don't know why this misinformation keeps persisting.....

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by catwoman Sat 29 Mar 2014, 15:17

Amal IS “FULL OF HIMSELF...

"Twice the pride, double the fall." = proverb
catwoman
catwoman
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by premiere Sat 29 Mar 2014, 15:50

As far as the video goes, I wonder if GC didn't recognize the person behind the car as a pap? Maybe for a second or two he just saw someone lurking in the dark very close to them, and thought someone was coming after them? That would explain why he expected the paps, but yet grabbed Amal, and then straightened up once he realized it was a camera. He might have had the bejeezus scared out of him for a second.
premiere
premiere
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 29 Mar 2014, 15:58

he is used to all kind of paps assault and his reaction is absolutely weird

I would say uselessly stupid

bec they come back in plain sight immediately
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Sat 29 Mar 2014, 16:01

Maybe it was an ex -date .  Very Happy 

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 29 Mar 2014, 17:36

@Katie - I wondered, too. Thinking it over he was probably just goofing around and trying to hurry her up.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 29 Mar 2014, 18:04

I think George was just messing around they did all laugh.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by catwoman Sat 29 Mar 2014, 19:54

I can't like Amal, I don't like the look of it.

I hope I'm wrong
catwoman
catwoman
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 29 Mar 2014, 20:34

goofing around?  Suspect 

mah Noooo! I am not convinced
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sat 29 Mar 2014, 20:35

Geez, I wasn't seeing any of the stuff you guys were talking about.

There's certainly no reason for GC (or the other couple) to ever be surprised by paps... except if they're in a place where you can usually slip in and out without being put through the 'perp walk.'

Amal certainly looks like she's dived right into the clique. Hugs and prolonging the exit with talk, even as George is obviously ready to make their exit.

Methinks she's not so out of her element as one might believe.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by kmoo Sat 29 Mar 2014, 20:39

Way2Old4Dis wrote:Geez, I wasn't seeing any of the stuff you guys were talking about.

There's certainly no reason for GC (or the other couple) to ever be surprised by paps... except if they're in a place where you can usually slip in and out without being put through the 'perp walk.'

Amal certainly looks like she's dived right into the clique. Hugs and prolonging the exit with talk, even as George is obviously ready to make their exit.

Methinks she's not so out of her element as one might believe.

Maybe Amal has met them before - seems very familiar with all the hugging
kmoo
kmoo
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by kmoo Sat 29 Mar 2014, 20:41

Just another thought...if there were paps when they went in, would it be unreasonable to assume that they may wait for them to come out, especially with all the media stuff going on.  If so what was that video all about?

Last edited by kmoo on Sat 29 Mar 2014, 20:50; edited 2 times in total
kmoo
kmoo
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by iamnoone Sat 29 Mar 2014, 22:40

that film clip WAS odd, i see exactly what you are all talking about. everything is fine and suddenly george ducks, grabs amal throws her hair in her face and they've winged themselves into the car.

maybe he was being protective, didn't see a camera just saw a figure crouched or something.

Seems like they'd have some strong things in common, i wish them well whatever is going on.

iamnoone
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 29 Mar 2014, 22:43

Weird I dunno 
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Picachu Sat 29 Mar 2014, 23:37

maybe George broke wind, ducked and grabbed Amal pulling her hair across her face to protect her from the sushi smell and pushed her in to the car before anyone realised it was him  Smile 
Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 30 Mar 2014, 02:00

George might have been messing with the photographers.  When he ducked he came up smiling. We all know George is a prankster so this is why I think he ducked to mess with the photographers to mess up their shot.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 30 Mar 2014, 09:51

it seems the more plausible explanation

but

they already got many pics
and he did't really seem in the playful mood

it's still unclear IMO
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly Sun 30 Mar 2014, 11:49

Nicky80 wrote:Here we go 

Thanks Nicky for posting the picture.  Very Happy Sorry, it's irrelevant for the discussion I know, but - anybody knows where can I buy the same earrings Emily is wearing on this pic? Thanks. I love you 
Butterfly
Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by iamnoone Mon 31 Mar 2014, 16:02

LMAO a sushi dutch oven!! LOLOL

I like the theory it was george being playful/messing with the paps....

iamnoone
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 31 Mar 2014, 19:50

I still think he was just goofing around to get her to move her ass so he could go home and get laid!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Tue 01 Apr 2014, 01:31

Video doesn't work for me. clown 
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Fri 04 Apr 2014, 02:25

Katiedot wrote:You have got to see this video - what the heck is going on?  The paps are there, taking pictures as they all hug goodbye outside the restaurant.  George ambles away to his side of the car then suddenly stops, ducks behind the car and runs back to Amal, grabbing her.  She ducks, he says something and they both rush into the car doubled over, she with hair over her face, he trying to put his back towards the camera as much as he can.  Why?  What had he seen?

It's not George's shocked reaction that made me look at this 2 or 3 times, it's the reaction of the friends they went to dinner with!!!

Poor George is definately spooked by something (it matters not what). Amal is manhandled (in a concerned way) and possibly confused.... but the chums turn away smirking and giggling......WTF type of chums are these?  If I had been there I would have been equally spooked, if only by my friend George's fear, and my reaction would not be so "relaxed".

BTW... I get the feeling of kindness in the interaction between G and Amal, in 2 or 3 of above pics.  In the rest, he is as I have said in many posts, still irritable looking .... Loss of Peace of mind?   Still not the George I fell head over heals for  Embarassed 

Reminds me of this quote...
For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind.

Last edited by what would he say on Fri 04 Apr 2014, 02:40; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sp as per usual :()
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Fri 04 Apr 2014, 02:30

Also, Amal does get more glamourous with every picture published.

Living proof that like Cinderella, shoe's can change a girls life, and become a lawyers/Cinders trademark.
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 04 Apr 2014, 03:00

I just watched this again (3X) and I don't think he was spooked at all. If you watch him get into the car, he's not hurrying to get away. I think he was just trying to get her moving. Maybe he felt the paps had enough pics for one night.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Fri 04 Apr 2014, 03:07

Oh Lizzy, so just being a tad dramatic. affraid 

Bold George.

What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 04 Apr 2014, 04:13

WWHS - I think he has a short fuse where the paps are concerned. He uses them to get the attention he wants, but when he's done - he's done. I think that night he just had had enough and wanted to get home.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Fri 04 Apr 2014, 06:02

Ive watched the video a few times too and nothing sinister or spooky, I think George is just being himself, goofing off which is why his friends are walking off laughing...
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 04 Apr 2014, 06:22

@Theminis - I totally agree. I think people are reading way too much into this.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 04 Apr 2014, 08:39

Does anyone think like me that we won't be seeing many papped pictures of George & Amal together in the near future ?
Just a gut feeling I have.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 04 Apr 2014, 08:41

I would like to
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Fri 04 Apr 2014, 10:46

@Theminis @Lizzy

We have all been there.... The end of the night, we are chatting and hugging our chums and your othere half wants to get home, and he pulls this! As an act of "goofing around", "hurrying us up"!

Well let me tell you, the second bang you might hear would be my enormous handbag hitting the ground .... The first bang would be his teeth going in the same direction!

I am speechless! Better than aversion therepy any day of the week, but then I would have to believe the fan point of view, and I don't. jmo.

Mr Bonhomie turns into Mr Bon hom-idiot.... No not my George never ever !

From Gentle George to an excitable manhandling twat never!

Last edited by what would he say on Fri 04 Apr 2014, 12:18; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Extra thought)
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next