George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George in Tuscany
George Clooney look for a house in Lunigiana, Italy - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 19:45 by benex

» The Good News
George Clooney look for a house in Lunigiana, Italy - Page 2 EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
George Clooney look for a house in Lunigiana, Italy - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney look for a house in Lunigiana, Italy - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney look for a house in Lunigiana, Italy - Page 2 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney look for a house in Lunigiana, Italy - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney look for a house in Lunigiana, Italy - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney look for a house in Lunigiana, Italy - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney look for a house in Lunigiana, Italy - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney look for a house in Lunigiana, Italy

+16
lelacorb
catwoman
Way2Old4Dis
LornaDoone
ktsue2002
fava
Mazy
Carla97
Lighterside
NewFanForever
Joanna
LizzyNY
party animal - not!
Katiedot
it's me
Nicky80
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

George Clooney look for a house in Lunigiana, Italy - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney look for a house in Lunigiana, Italy

Post by lelacorb Mon 31 Mar 2014, 19:33

Hey do not joke about pastel colors for a 1500's farmhouse with stone age? Do you have an idea of the architecture of 1500? The superintendent of Fine Arts Italian would never allow to color a castle dating back to 1500!
That Pontremoli is an area on the border between Liguria and Tuscany and is filled with medieval houses that can be restored as they were keeping and respecting the architecture of the period in which they were constructed. Homes are of high historical value.
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney look for a house in Lunigiana, Italy - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney look for a house in Lunigiana, Italy

Post by Joanna Mon 31 Mar 2014, 19:39

Who's joking lelacorb ??
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 31 Mar 2014, 19:54

So now the people of Lunigiano are on a treasure hunt to find the house he "bought"? And no one recognizes it? - There goes their tourist attraction!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 31 Mar 2014, 21:45

New take on the story:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 31 Mar 2014, 22:43

some article still says no one knows this place

maybe pics were wrong?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by NewFanForever Mon 31 Mar 2014, 22:49

Quote The Local : Heartthrob...that's an understatement! Love7 

Looks like Australia to me! Wedding

Last edited by NewFanForever on Mon 31 Mar 2014, 23:28; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

NewFanForever
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney look for a house in Lunigiana, Italy - Page 2 Empty '50 Shades' Inspiration Helps Clooney Buy Home

Post by Mazy Mon 31 Mar 2014, 23:17

This is from PAN's link.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
George Clooney already owns a villa in northern Italy. George Clooney photo: Shutterstock

'50 Shades' Inspiration Helps Clooney Buy Home

Published: 31 Mar 2014 15:49 GMT+02:00
Updated: 31 Mar 2014 15:49 GMT+02:00

Actor George Clooney has prolonged his love affair with Italy by buying a villa in Tuscany, on the advice of the man who inspired the main character in EL James' erotic novel 50 Shades of Grey.

The heartthrob Hollywood actor snapped up the 1,000-square-metre, two-hectare villa in the Lunigiana area of Tuscany a few days ago.

He made the decision on the advice of Alessandro Proto, a friend and head of financial services firm Proto Organization.
Proto also happens to be the inspiration for the main character in EL James' novel 50 Shades of Grey, Christian Grey, his spokeswoman told The Local. In the bestseller, Grey is a successful businessman whose private life is dominated by erotic practices such as bondage and sadism (specifically, BDSM).

La Repubblica newspaper noted that at Clooney's new countryside estate "privacy is guaranteed", far more so than at his home on the shores of Lake Como in northern Italy.

After spending millions on a villa in Laglio 12 years ago, Clooney was made an honorary citizen of the town. But he has struggled to avoid unwanted attention, prompting the local mayor to declare a 100-metre exclusion zone around Clooney’s home.

Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by NewFanForever Mon 31 Mar 2014, 23:35

Mazy wrote:
This is from PAN's link.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
George Clooney already owns a villa in northern Italy. George Clooney photo: Shutterstock

'50 Shades' Inspiration Helps Clooney Buy Home

Published: 31 Mar 2014 15:49 GMT+02:00
Updated: 31 Mar 2014 15:49 GMT+02:00

Actor George Clooney has prolonged his love affair with Italy by buying a villa in Tuscany, on the advice of the man who inspired the main character in EL James' erotic novel 50 Shades of Grey.

The heartthrob Hollywood actor snapped up the 1,000-square-metre, two-hectare villa in the Lunigiana area of Tuscany a few days ago.

He made the decision on the advice of Alessandro Proto, a friend and head of financial services firm Proto Organization.
Proto also happens to be the inspiration for the main character in EL James' novel 50 Shades of Grey, Christian Grey, his spokeswoman told The Local. In the bestseller, Grey is a successful businessman whose private life is dominated by erotic practices such as bondage and sadism (specifically, BDSM).

La Repubblica newspaper noted that at Clooney's new countryside estate "privacy is guaranteed", far more so than at his home on the shores of Lake Como in northern Italy.

After spending millions on a villa in Laglio 12 years ago, Clooney was made an honorary citizen of the town. But he has struggled to avoid unwanted attention, prompting the local mayor to declare a 100-metre exclusion zone around Clooney’s home.

Sorry I will bite again...this definitely looks like the place for this!

Would you take advice from this man?

No wonder George is smiling!  Kinky in bed sadomach1 

This has to be April Fool????? Please?

NewFanForever

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 31 Mar 2014, 23:37

Oh April fool...this would be very funny.....HA. I guess we will know today if it was a fool or not uuhhhh
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 01 Apr 2014, 00:10

Images of Lunigiana are here.....

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Tue 01 Apr 2014, 00:16

Nicky80 wrote:Oh April fool...this would be very funny.....HA. I guess we will know today if it was a fool or not uuhhhh
Hi Nicky you need to delete this for me please, it's too late for me to do it from here. xxx
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 01 Apr 2014, 00:23

I thought the author of "Fifty Shades" was an Aussie housewife. How would she ever know this man? - I could be wrong - never read the books.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Tue 01 Apr 2014, 00:29

LizzyNY wrote:I thought the author of "Fifty Shades" was an Aussie housewife. How would she ever know this man? - I could be wrong - never read the books.

Sorry I really don't know. I did try to read the book because everyone was talking about it. I could not it made me sick not because it was sex as much as it was gross and perverted. Just me.
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Tue 01 Apr 2014, 00:42

No pool ?
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 01 Apr 2014, 01:07

@Mazy - You're not alone. S&M is all about selfishness, IMO. Not my cup of tea at all.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Tue 01 Apr 2014, 01:20

Atalante wrote:No pool ?

No pool at all I thought that was one of George's must haves. It would be mine.
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 01 Apr 2014, 01:31

Given that this is a 16th century building that is being renovated, all these things could be added.

Not surprised no one is sure where it is. It's surrounded by acres of parkland isn't it? Pontremoli itself looks lovely

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Tue 01 Apr 2014, 02:19

Am I the only one who thinks this whole story is bogus?

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Tue 01 Apr 2014, 02:22

Cool No ! Still no real confirmation.
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 01 Apr 2014, 03:36

fava wrote:Am I the only one who thinks this whole story is bogus?
Nope, I don't think it's real either.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pita428 Tue 01 Apr 2014, 03:38

I just doesn't seem large enough, not enough room for all the guys to come visit.
Pita428
Pita428
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Tue 01 Apr 2014, 03:44

fava wrote:Am I the only one who thinks this whole story is bogus?

Absolutely not, I will believe it when the moving trucks arrive. xxx
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 01 Apr 2014, 04:19

@PAN - Sorry, but if something that ugly was in the neighborhood everyone would know where it was. ("Oh, yeah. That's the haunted house up on the hill. They've been trying to get rid of it for years.")
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Tue 01 Apr 2014, 05:00

LizzyNY wrote:@PAN - Sorry, but if something that ugly was in the neighborhood everyone would know where it was. ("Oh, yeah. That's the haunted house up on the hill. They've been trying to get rid of it for years.")

Then the agent for a different house got the bright idea of saying George Clooney bought the house next door and folks flocked to buy HIS decrepit piece of shit, 1600th century, crumbling villa for 10 times the asking price!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 01 Apr 2014, 05:22

@Lorna-  lol! 
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 01 Apr 2014, 08:16

Mazy wrote:
Nicky80 wrote:Oh April fool...this would be very funny.....HA. I guess we will know today if it was a fool or not uuhhhh
Hi Nicky you need to delete this for me please, it's too late for me to do it from here. xxx

What do you mean  scratch ?
In case you mean the article I think it is fine to be posted here...but let me know  Wink
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Tue 01 Apr 2014, 08:41

Nicky80 wrote:
Mazy wrote:

In case you mean the article I think it is fine to be posted here...but let me know  Wink

It posted twice. If you get to a post before it gets read you can delete it, but once read I cannot delete. So there are two of the same article.
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 01 Apr 2014, 09:22

Just have a nose around for a holiday home here.....

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by NewFanForever Tue 01 Apr 2014, 09:26

Thanks Joanna...

I will take the featured property.

Anyone want to buy in?

We will make it a time share house...lol... $152,886

NewFanForever

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 01 Apr 2014, 09:55

Oh damn NewFan....my assets are frozen and
my passport has expired !

I'll enjoy your photos though. Lol
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 01 Apr 2014, 19:17

Well, Mediaset are reporting it as fact now (that's Silvio Berlusconi's huge empire). No pick up in the States yet tho

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 01 Apr 2014, 21:00

@PAN - Great find! Loved the slide show (esp. the shots from Out of Sight) and the video. So, I guess it's true. Looks like there are at least 3 buildings on site - plenty of room for the boys to visit - and I think the article said there's a pool (although my Italian is practically non-existant). It's going to cost him a mint to fix the place up.

What I don't get is this : The place looks like it's at the bottom of a hill, with other houses up at the top. If he wants privacy, why get a place where others can look down on his property? Unless those other buildings are his, too. Could be.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 01 Apr 2014, 21:13

Don't think it is, Lizzy, but as it's surrounded by all his own land - and looks as tho he's actually bought an entire estate - he'll have all the views he wants.

Places for people to stay, studios, offices, the lot - just like Laglio but with more land.

And he'll make it beautiful - Laglio is!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Tue 01 Apr 2014, 21:53

E la casa di Clooney si rivela una bufala
In Lunigiana caccia alla dimora dell’attore, ma quella foto era stata fatta a Chianni. La società: «Depistaggio per la privacy»
personaggi attori immobili
Email
+
-
di Ilaria Bonuccelli
In principio era Tom. L’aviatore accigliato e tenebroso, Top Gun e Toscana. Così sembrava, almeno. Poi, la passione a Cruise com’è venuta è passata e la villa da 25 milioni in Lucchesia non l’ha mai comprata. Poi , in ordine sparso, si sarebbero affacciati in Toscana, ma senza restarci, Charlotte Casiraghi, William e Kate (d’Inghilterra), Gerard Depardieu. Nessuno, però, come George Clooney, finora, si era spinto così in alto. Fino in Lunigiana per comprarsi una casa. Il suo navigatore, però, a un certo punto deve aver smarrito il segnale perché l’immobile di cui si sarebbe innamorato - un casale in pietra a vista - non si trova sopra Carrara. In realtà, si trova a Chianni, in provincia di Pisa, in località Rivalto. E il fatto che Clooney l’abbia acquistato è una bufala.
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Tue 01 Apr 2014, 21:59

So it isn't true lela?

Here is the google translation:

And the house of Clooney proves to be a hoax
In Lunigiana hunting residence of the plaintiff, but that photo was made in Chianni . The company : " Screening for privacy »
Character actors property
email
+
-
Ilaria Bonucelli
In the beginning was Tom . The aviator sullen and gloomy , Top Gun and Tuscany. So it seemed , at least. Then , the passion to Cruise as coming is passed and the $ 25 million villa in Lucca has never bought it. Then , in no particular order , would be facing in Tuscany , but not to stay there , Charlotte Casiraghi, William and Kate ( of England) , Gerard Depardieu. No one, however , as George Clooney , so far, had gone so high. Up in Lunigiana to buy a home. Your browser , however , at some point he must have lost the signal because the property that you would fall in love - a farmhouse in stone - is not over Carrara. In fact, it is located in Chianni , in the province of Pisa , in the locality Rivalto. And the fact that the Clooney has purchased a hoax .

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 01 Apr 2014, 22:08

Ah, hoax. Or double bluff? Probably not even worth an official denial........

Desperate for a sale?

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 01 Apr 2014, 22:35

Mazy wrote:
Nicky80 wrote:
Mazy wrote:

It posted twice. If you get to a post before it gets read you can delete it, but once read I cannot delete. So there are two of the same article.

Oh I see what you mean, now worries Mazy this is fine. You only posted it once. The user Newfanforever replied to your post with a quote that's why your article shows up twice in a row. Will not delete yours as it was the original post and will not delete the other post as it was a reply to yours. If I make sense. It is all ok  Very Happy 

Anyway......I like this rumor...one minute I think no it is not true and the next minute "oh really it is true"  Razz  Razz ..... Wonder what the end will be
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 01 Apr 2014, 22:37

party animal - not! wrote:Ah, hoax. Or double bluff? Probably not even worth an official denial........

Desperate for a sale?

I guess we are victims of the 1st April - fool day  Shocked
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 01 Apr 2014, 22:38

lol! No wonder the locals couldn't find it !
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 01 Apr 2014, 22:56

yep
too exposed IMO
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by NewFanForever Tue 01 Apr 2014, 23:04

As I was fooled only a week ago with the article GC to Marry BP & AJ at Ayers rock...I have been a little more cautious with the stories on here.

I actually was looking at accomadation for x-mas at Ayers Rock...and was considering going. Fooled!!

But even if these stories are fake...its wonderful...to get a glimpse of these places you will never go to.

This one in particular...was just lovely....I thought Australia had some scenery!

I think the press play with us on here.

1 to Press!!
1 to NFF!!

Laughing

NewFanForever

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 06 Apr 2014, 10:06

Proto
who's name is said the master of the thing
is in jail

Italian only but the thing is the man is in jail
arresti domiciliari (kept in his house)

it's sad (among all the others) Repubblica also, important newspaper, printed the news without any verification

I can understand it's not a capital issue
but it is not good anyway
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 06 Apr 2014, 11:36

Thanks it's me....

google translation for the first link

" Fraud via manipulation of the market," the financier arrested Alessandro Proto

The soldiers of the Guardia di Finanza in Milan Alessandro Proto financier arrested , accused of market manipulation and obstruction of the supervisory bodies . The shutdown request , signed by the investigating magistrate Stefania Donadeo was made by deputy prosecutor Francesco Greek and Isidoro pm Palma. Just this week the news was made ​​official dell'acquistoda part of the newspaper Proto "Public" for 400 thousand euro. With resumption block of journalists and an announcement: " It was time to have my own newspaper. We will make the newspaper Done right ". Even the original newspaper Done , moreover, was already finished in his viewfinder.

Proto , who had lied about his degree at Bocconi, which has never been a student, is " a clever crook damage inexperienced entrepreneurs seeking liquidity outside the banking channels ," the investigating judge in the order of remand . " The investigations carried out over the entire operation of Proto - says the measure - as well as listening to telephone conduits for over two months by the core revenue inspectors bring to exclude unequivocally that he really take care of trades on the stock exchange on behalf of Italian or foreign investors . " " Proto lives first of all the proceeds of the scams perpetrated against several entrepreneurs - observed the investigating judge - seeking finance and information manipulation seen in the market as a means through which to be known and attract naive investors into his traps ."

According to the investigating judge who signed his arrest warrant , there is the risk of " concrete" that the arrested flee abroad , considering that resides in Switzerland and has bank accounts in the territory Helvetic and Spain. The " pattern " followed by Proto , according to the reconstruction of the Prosecutor , was to disclose to the market through false news releases disseminated by the press thus altering the price of securities on the Stock Exchange .

Heard by Consob on false information disclosed from time to time to the market, according to the investigating judge Proto provided " general information , without any serious cognitive approach about the actual substance of the transactions of the Stock Exchange of which he declared himself on several occasions maker " . " As for the danger of pollution of evidence - writes the investigating judge - the technical activities have highlighted the particular activities Proto to lie even in the face in public activities on official occasions ." In his load , finally, there is also the danger of a recurrence of the " same offense " yield " highly likely" the activity of false information to the market lasted for over a year with releases on a number of listed companies . "

In the count of indictment is challenged specifically to "have failed to inform the Consob timely information regarding the purchase and sale transactions involving securities listed on international markets." The investigation concerns the activities of traders all over the field as well as its communications to the market regarding listed companies. Analyzing his press is riscontrerebbero those that are defined by the investigators of the " half-truths " . For the Prosecution for its proposals had actually been made , the market was never informed that were rejected to the sender immediately.

In the past, judges have also collected the testimony of Proto and he would justify the vagueness of its press , explaining that he works on behalf of investors who turn to its own companies and not directly acquires the shares of the target company communications . The investigations also gave rise to a second input of the Department of the General Command of the Body and " helped to identify a number of communications to the market turned out to be the outcome of indagininon reliable ," is written in a note.

The arrest of three months following the news of the investigation for the possibility of market manipulation and fraud dating back to last November , a few days later, that is , the announcement of the candidacy of Proto in the primary of the PDL ("I white though to no avail , the only leader remains Berlusconi , " he said) , who have not carried out then anyway . Investigators were also evaluated cases of bankruptcy within the same investigation on the galaxy 's corporate financier.

From the reconstructed from interviews in recent months, Proto is a consultant of 38 years . He would base in Lugano and would work through the Proto organization, whose " headquarters " in London, according to reports from his website . "We are one of the leading investment advisory firms and real estate in the world ," says the website , which does not mention the names of clients or operations but tells in detail a business philosophy based on " enthusiasm and aggressiveness ." In October Proto announced the signing of a shareholders' agreement on the RCS ( the editor of Corriere della Sera ) from four foreign investors ( the Brazilian Jorge Froemming , Indians and Bushra Alrazmi Kushal Pal Singh and the American Paulius Broad ), together with holders 2.84 % stake in the publishing company . After several requests for clarification not satisfied, however, Consob had announced October 31 the absence of evidence to be able to certify " the truth ."

Before the RCS in the viewfinder of Proto had entered the project FonSai - Unipol financier announced that it had offered the ad Unipol , Carlo Cimbri , € 200 million in support of the plan of merger. And before that it was the turn of Unicredit : Proto announced that it had collected the 1, 2 % of the share capital through its investors and , while we were discussing the renewal of top managers, even ran for the presidency of the bank. So Tod's , whose Proto said he had detected 2.8% , and the slow rise in MPS , Fiat, Mediobanca all announced investments of which I was never found trace , either because below 2% ( threshold where triggers an obligation to inform CONSOB ) , or because they are purchased by individual investors , either because - according to him - immediately resold .

Until the official announcement of the shareholders of RCS, which led to the intervention of Consob. But the interests of Proto do not stop there : a year ago, when the San Raffaele was on the verge of collapse , the financier predicted the intention to make an offer better than that of the IOR and the family Malacalza . Floor then jumped . Finally, politics and real estate. Finally, just yesterday , is proposed as a buyer of the historic headquarters of Corriere della Sera in Milan in Via Solferino .
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 06 Apr 2014, 13:48

thanks for the translation

so please remember all related to that Proto is ....
you know what
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2