George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney out to dinner with Amal Alamuddin in New York - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 22:10 by benex

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney out to dinner with Amal Alamuddin in New York - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney out to dinner with Amal Alamuddin in New York - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney out to dinner with Amal Alamuddin in New York - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney out to dinner with Amal Alamuddin in New York - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney out to dinner with Amal Alamuddin in New York - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney out to dinner with Amal Alamuddin in New York - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney out to dinner with Amal Alamuddin in New York - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney out to dinner with Amal Alamuddin in New York - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney out to dinner with Amal Alamuddin in New York

+25
LizzyNY
marysunshine
amaretti
catwoman
Way2Old4Dis
LornaDoone
lelacorb
ktsue2002
What Would He Say
watching
Lighterside
annemarie
party animal - not!
Boshkash
silly girl
sparkie
Joanna
Nicky80
Carla97
justpassinthrough
Sevens
Margou
pippilotta
it's me
Katiedot
29 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

George Clooney out to dinner with Amal Alamuddin in New York - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney out to dinner with Amal Alamuddin in New York

Post by Nicky80 Wed 19 Mar 2014, 22:21

it's me wrote:the video is not available to me

is there another way to see it? is it already on YouTube?

thanks

I looked earlier but couldn't find it on youtube. 

try [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and add the link there.
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney out to dinner with Amal Alamuddin in New York - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney out to dinner with Amal Alamuddin in New York

Post by justpassinthrough Wed 19 Mar 2014, 22:34

marysunshine wrote:If AA is supposed to be a major player in the legal arena, how is she getting all this time away from the office and her famous/high paying clients?  Washington, safari and now NY.  May not seem like a long time away from work using George's time table , but for a lawyer, eh, seems like her clients are not going to be doing cartwheels over this.

You hit the nail on the head marysunshine! She works for one of the biggest law firms in England. The partners are not going to put up with this for very long. The lawyers I know don't have time to attend their children's games let along go gallivanting around the world in front of the cameras. She'll lose her credibility, if it hasn't already happened...

justpassinthrough
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 19 Mar 2014, 22:38

Isn't it possible that Amal had vacation time and is using it. We don't know how long they have been away or if she was also working during this trip.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by justpassinthrough Wed 19 Mar 2014, 22:49

annemarie wrote:Isn't it possible that Amal had vacation time and is using it. We don't know how long they have been away or if she was also working during this trip.

Yes, of course it's possible she has vacation time. Working on this trip? No, just working on catching GC.

justpassinthrough
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 19 Mar 2014, 23:03

Well, we don't know how long she's been away from her desk, (safari quoted as four days), if she's had any other leave within the last year or so, etc etc. All speculation.

But I hardly think she has earned such a high profile case-load without working very hard indeed!

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 19 Mar 2014, 23:39

I think she caught him well before this trip.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Thu 20 Mar 2014, 08:01

Why is everyone fighting about the "on his level" comment?
I think the comment from US magzine is much closer to the reality-not a judgement but a lot common interests in mind so they can have more topics together:
"She's very smart and can hold a conversation," an insider tells Us Weekly of Alamuddin, noting that she and Clooney "are always very close" and engrossed in their own "private" discussions. "He does like having her around."
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 20 Mar 2014, 08:25

Sevens wrote:Why is everyone fighting about the "on his level" comment?
I think the comment from US magzine is much closer to the reality-not a judgement but a lot common interests in mind so they can have more topics together
Yes, that's probably what was meant by the 'source' but it can also be understood as a judgement and by implication that his previous girlfriends were beneath him.   Also, the fact that anyone is even judgmental enough to comment on whether a person is 'good enough' for someone is a bit suspect.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Thu 20 Mar 2014, 09:26

Alright as a non-English speaker, such slight meaning differences won't disturb me, haha.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Thu 20 Mar 2014, 12:26

A bunch of new pics:
George Clooney 'bags himself new girlfriend in the form of barrister Amal Alamuddin'
Attempting to exit separately, Amal walked a few paces ahead of her rumoured love interest but the pair were rumbled when George was seen sneaking out of the hotel's revolving doors a metre or so behind her.
The pair wore matching glowing tans following their recent break to Kate and Wills' honeymoon spot.
It's thought the 'new couple' enjoyed long walks in the Seychelles before taking off to Tanzania to experience the joys of a safari.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Sevens on Thu 20 Mar 2014, 12:46; edited 1 time in total
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by silly willy Thu 20 Mar 2014, 12:42

Amal is gorgeous and they look very happy together in photos on the safari. Not sure how much she'll embrace his lack of privacy lifestyle...we shall see.

silly willy
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Thu 20 Mar 2014, 13:05

Nicky80 wrote:Lelacorb: "Oxford which is better than Harvard and there are not allowed normal brains "

Out of curiosity, what makes Oxford better then Harvard?

I think they are both famous Universities one is in the US and one in the UK......

Oxford is the best university in the world for facoltàdi law, was founded in the year 1096, nearly 400 years before it was discovered America. Harvard is the first places in the world for the faculties of economics, medicine and engineer works. This is what I wanted to explain.
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 20 Mar 2014, 14:34

lelacorb wrote:
Nicky80 wrote:Lelacorb: "Oxford which is better than Harvard and there are not allowed normal brains "

I think they are both famous Universities one is in the US and one in the UK......

Oxford is the best university in the world for facoltàdi law, was founded in the year 1096, nearly 400 years before it was discovered America. Harvard is the first places in the world for the faculties of economics, medicine and engineer works. This is what I wanted to explain.

I'm sorry but I don't know what this word means. Can someone translate? Google was no help.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Thu 20 Mar 2014, 14:43

LornaDoone wrote:
lelacorb wrote:

I'm sorry but I don't know what this word means.  Can someone translate?  Google was no help.

Sorry I mis-typed on the PC: Faculty of Law
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by catwoman Thu 20 Mar 2014, 15:03

Joanna wrote:
catwoman wrote:
Way2Old4Dis wrote:Looks like she's already lost weight since we first saw her.

I also thought the same, she looks thinner and haggard.

Golly Gosh....if that's a "haggard look" then there's no hope
for the rest of us gal !!
She looks fine IMO.

affraid 

sorry, but talk only by you. I don t have thin and haggard appearance.
catwoman
catwoman
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by catwoman Thu 20 Mar 2014, 15:07

LizzyNY wrote:P.S. @ Justpassinthrough - Intellect has little to do with education. There are plenty of people who have post-graduate degrees and are as dumb as a post. If anything, they just had staying power.

I totally agree
catwoman
catwoman
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by catwoman Thu 20 Mar 2014, 15:10

Sevens wrote:Why is everyone fighting about the "on his level" comment?
I think the comment from US magzine is much closer to the reality-not a judgement but a lot common interests in mind so they can have more topics together:
"She's very smart and can hold a conversation," an insider tells Us Weekly of Alamuddin, noting that she and Clooney "are always very close" and engrossed in their own "private" discussions. "He does like having her around."

Intelligence is different culture, people confuse
catwoman
catwoman
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Thu 20 Mar 2014, 15:42

lelacorb wrote:

Didn't she attended New York for law school? If I'm not much mistaken I thought that's what I read. She did attend Oxford but as an undergrad student. She went to law school in New York.
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Thu 20 Mar 2014, 16:08

Lighterside wrote:
lelacorb wrote:

Didn't she attended New York for law school?  If I'm not much mistaken I thought that's what I read.  She did attend Oxford but as an undergrad student.  She went to law school in New York.  

I thought (don't remember whereI saw it--maybe on her firm website) that she got her LLM at NYU.  In the US, an LLM is is an advanced law degree beyond the JD (juris doctor) which is the basic law degree.  It  involves additional study after the JD degree and is considered a master's degree in a specialized area of law.  I do not know if she also got her JD degree at NYU (I thought not).

Last edited by fava on Thu 20 Mar 2014, 16:09; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Thu 20 Mar 2014, 16:23

Thanks fava...I couldn't recall what I read about her educational background specifically, other than she attended both universities, drawing the conclusion that she must be very intelligent to have attended at all.
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by catwoman Thu 20 Mar 2014, 16:27

Maybe she studied in good schools, which gave him a great foundation for a good university.
catwoman
catwoman
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 20 Mar 2014, 16:42

Right, here we go:

St Hugh's College, Oxford University BA/LLB - Exhibitioner, Shrigley Award

New York University LLB - Jack J Katz Memorial Award

Called to the Bar (US) 2002

Called to the Bar (UK) 2012

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Thu 20 Mar 2014, 18:29

Well well well... now where is our Ocean whilst George makes this transition?? Smile ... this will surely inspire a lot many of our children OUCH! OUCH! OUCH!... (Sorry Ocean, IF you are reading from someplace, I simply couldn't help thinking of you... See! George has heard your plea!! HAHAHAHAHHA  I love you )

So many of you have already explained relationships so well in your wisdom... yes, all the College degrees can help with knowledge sharing, the mind, with the dynamics of life... can make living interesting no doubt... just as the knowledge of the food/exercise can grow/develop the body...

What matters finally is the soul... and if their two souls are one, then their lives are surely made for togetherness, from Heaven Smile
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Thu 20 Mar 2014, 19:34

Of all the people in this forum, you Pari, I find the most annoying!
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Thu 20 Mar 2014, 19:36

Hope your bff relates my post to you!
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Thu 20 Mar 2014, 19:42

Maggy wrote:Of all the people in this forum, you Pari, I find the most annoying!

Thanks Maggy, I appreciate your honest sharing  I love you  thankfully, this Forum is about George... Smile

Last edited by Pari on Thu 20 Mar 2014, 19:46; edited 1 time in total
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Thu 20 Mar 2014, 19:44

Maggy wrote:Hope your bff relates my post to you!

IF you are relating Ocean as my bff (??) well... I don't see the difference between Ocean or yourself or anyone else on the Boards... here or at IMDb or with the Aficionados...  I love you   I don't visit Boards as often +don't include the PM option, so I am not sure if there is more to a situation that I have missed understanding well enough... I believe each poster is as much BFF as much as may be not Smile... as I said earlier, all the Boards are about George, thankfully Smile
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Thu 20 Mar 2014, 20:57

Pari, please accept my apologizes.
Am really sorry. Not feeling good lately.
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Thu 20 Mar 2014, 21:01

And to veryone else offended by my post.

I apologize!
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 20 Mar 2014, 21:02

good girl  Hug1 lip smack Give Flowers2 
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 20 Mar 2014, 21:03

Yep  Give Flowers 

There are always ups and downs in life. Tomorrow new day new life  Very Happy
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Thu 20 Mar 2014, 21:44

Hug1 

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 20 Mar 2014, 23:39

Give Flowers Cheer up Maggy. We've all had days like that.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Fri 21 Mar 2014, 02:07

If they have been togather since Sept last year, she could have easily planned her diary in advance to take a fortnight off to go on vacation with him once the MM press tour was over. I doubt the partners at her firm resent her taking accrued leave days. The mugging for the cameras may be a different story though.
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Fri 21 Mar 2014, 03:46

Maggy wrote:Pari, please accept my apologizes.
Am really sorry. Not feeling good lately.

Oh Maggy!! BIG Hugs my dear... (Oh now which is the smiley one uses for the grand loving hug? Smile)  I understood that you may be having a difficult time and have prayed for you... God is in control of everything Maggy, HE loves everyone too... do not worry, be strong and take courage... HE can calm any storm!! Love you too  I love you 

Hmmmm... so now from the bunch of hugs following... I see...  I love you  thanks folks...

There are times when I have to say things (that may be hurting for some)... but I cannot control saying them... especially when I can see that it is indeed for someone's good... and for good... or to prevent tears further on... And then there are so many times, when I am so disobedient and abstain, when I don't say things that I must  Sad
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Fri 21 Mar 2014, 04:04

watching wrote:If they have been togather since Sept last year, she could have easily planned her diary in advance to take a fortnight off to go on vacation with him once the MM press tour was over. I doubt the partners at her firm resent her taking accrued leave days. The mugging for the cameras may be a different story though.

Yes... sorry watching... back to the topic Smile The holiday drama could also be a diversion from the Ukraine mishap... a cover-up for the poor handling of the crisis by the Law firm...?  Put together in a hurry?  And as always, our George sacrifices to wear the blame mantle... differently...
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 21 Mar 2014, 07:55

watching wrote: The mugging for the cameras may be a different story though.
I think this is one of those 'damned if she does, damned if she doesn't' situations.

She had a bunch of cameras in her face, what was she supposed to do? We've blasted Elisabetta for pretending they don't exist and we've blasted Stacy for smiling at them. In the end, I think Amal did what most normal people do when confronted with a camera: smiled brightly and posed a little.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Fri 21 Mar 2014, 08:35

George Clooney Steps Out with Amal Alamuddin in New York City
Just days after George Clooney and his new gal pal Amal Alamuddin enjoyed a trip together to the Seychelles and to Tanzania, the pair jetted to New York for more bonding time.

On Tuesday, The Monuments Men star, 52, was all smiles as he was photographed leaving Manhattan's posh Carlyle Hotel with the British lawyer. The two dined at the French restaurant Rotisserie Georgette with Clooney's Casamigos Tequila partners Rande Gerber and real estate developer Mike Meldman.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 21 Mar 2014, 08:50

'Rotisserie Georgette'? A new restaurant for George, no? He's trying lots of new things nowadays: scarves, foreign travel, restaurants.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 21 Mar 2014, 11:15

I think Amal knows what to do with the press. She smiled was polite and kept moving.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 21 Mar 2014, 12:31

Katiedot wrote:'Rotisserie Georgette'?  A new restaurant for George, no?  He's trying lots of new things nowadays: scarves, foreign travel, restaurants.

From experience, living through one's 50's can bring life changing experiences.
It can become a turning point to those open to change/learning/ personal development.

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by catwoman Fri 21 Mar 2014, 15:25

Amal is a very lucky woman
catwoman
catwoman
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 23 Mar 2014, 20:26

moved the arrival pictures and posts at the hotel in NY to a separate thread 

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2