George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
David Beckham rooting for Manny Pacquiao in Macau; George Clooney also attending fight EmptyToday at 01:05 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
David Beckham rooting for Manny Pacquiao in Macau; George Clooney also attending fight EmptyToday at 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
David Beckham rooting for Manny Pacquiao in Macau; George Clooney also attending fight EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
David Beckham rooting for Manny Pacquiao in Macau; George Clooney also attending fight EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
David Beckham rooting for Manny Pacquiao in Macau; George Clooney also attending fight EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
David Beckham rooting for Manny Pacquiao in Macau; George Clooney also attending fight EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
David Beckham rooting for Manny Pacquiao in Macau; George Clooney also attending fight EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
David Beckham rooting for Manny Pacquiao in Macau; George Clooney also attending fight EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
David Beckham rooting for Manny Pacquiao in Macau; George Clooney also attending fight EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

David Beckham rooting for Manny Pacquiao in Macau; George Clooney also attending fight

+6
amaretti
NotAvailable
Carla97
silly girl
party animal - not!
Mazy
10 posters

Go down

David Beckham rooting for Manny Pacquiao in Macau; George Clooney also attending fight Empty David Beckham rooting for Manny Pacquiao in Macau; George Clooney also attending fight

Post by Mazy Mon 25 Nov 2013, 19:41

David Beckham rooting for Manny Pacquiao in Macau; George Clooney also attending fight
Agence France-Presse • Saturday, November 23, 2013 • 2:39 pm

MACAU – Asian boxing superstar Manny Pacquiao will not only have the support of a Filipino-packed crowd when he fights Brandon Rios on Sunday, but also a phalanx of celebrity cheerleaders, led by David Beckham.

The former England football captain will be joined at the Macau ringside by a number of celebrity guests for the fight, including Oscar-wining actor and director George Clooney, Sands China CEO Ed Tracy confirmed.

Reality TV star Paris Hilton and Daniel Wu and Eddie Peng will also be at ringside, while American rap superstar 50 Cent is also strongly rumoured to be flying in to see “Pac-Man’s” comeback fight.

Singing star Alicia Keys, who has been performing concerts at the Venetian Resort where the bout will take place, is also expected to attend.

Beckham jetted in to the southern Chinese city on Friday and immediately declared himself to be a “huge fan” of eight-weight world champion Pacquiao.

Beckham arrived to announce a commercial partnership with the resort’s owners, Sands Las Vegas, but then let slip the real reason why he had decided to travel to the the semi-autonomous Chinese region this weekend.

“(Pacquiao) is obviously one of the reasons why I’m here and why I’m really excited,” said the former Manchester United and Real Madrid star at a press conference.

“I’m a huge fan of Manny’s. I met him a couple of years ago in the Philippines, when I was on tour there with the LA Galaxy and also there with UNICEF (United Nations Children’s Fund).

“He really is a truly inspirational person.”

Beckham also had a message for the people of the Philippines as they attempt to rebuild their towns and lives after the devastation wreaked by Super Typhoon Haiyan on November 8, which has left nearly 7,000 people dead or missing.

“The eyes of the world have been on the Philippines the last couple of weeks,” said Beckham.
“This fight will mean so much to Manny because, for a slight moment, it’s going to put a smile on the people’s faces in the Philippines.

“And we all send out love and our hopes to the people in that part of the world.”

Pacquiao, coming off back-to-back defeats for the first time in his glittering career, takes on Rios in a “must-win” bout for the World Boxing Organization international welterweight championship in Macau on Sunday morning (Saturday night in the US).

The boxers are expected to touch gloves for the main event around 11:30 am (0330 GMT).
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

David Beckham rooting for Manny Pacquiao in Macau; George Clooney also attending fight Empty Re: David Beckham rooting for Manny Pacquiao in Macau; George Clooney also attending fight

Post by party animal - not! Mon 25 Nov 2013, 19:44

Interesting. The fight's over now and Manny won - but no pix that I can see

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

David Beckham rooting for Manny Pacquiao in Macau; George Clooney also attending fight Empty Re: David Beckham rooting for Manny Pacquiao in Macau; George Clooney also attending fight

Post by silly girl Mon 25 Nov 2013, 19:55

Also interesting if he was spotted in Vancouver last night he must have had been some flight.....

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Mon 25 Nov 2013, 20:51

silly girl wrote:Also interesting if he was spotted in Vancouver last night he must have had been some flight.....
I know now which story is correct?
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Mon 25 Nov 2013, 23:12

Macau? Where is that? I dunno 
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Tue 26 Nov 2013, 01:34

Carla97 wrote:Macau? Where is that? I dunno 
Southern parts of China
NotAvailable
NotAvailable
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Tue 26 Nov 2013, 02:40

Wow

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Tue 26 Nov 2013, 02:51

Jet setting, I think he did both. He is the one who can manage that, you know. George can be in several places within a short period of time. he's done that before and no doubt will again, if its what he wants to do.
NotAvailable
NotAvailable

Back to top Go down

Post by ... Tue 26 Nov 2013, 02:52

~Macau~

perfect location for Ocean's 14 Wink 

... alas, trilogy sufficed

Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Tue 26 Nov 2013, 12:30

I call bullshit on George in Macau. That's one long flight to see a fight in which George probably has no interest.

Just another story using George's name to get more media coverage.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Tue 26 Nov 2013, 12:33

LornaDoone wrote:I call bullshit on George in Macau.  That's one long flight to see a fight in which George probably has no interest.

Just another story using George's name to get more media coverage.

I agree with you. If he has spare time from Tomorrowland, he is working on MM. He already moved it once and needs to make sure it is done to his satisfaction.

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 27 Nov 2013, 03:29

Complete bullshit. It's like all these stories of him going to Formula 1 races, Olympics and just about every other major sporting event.

He may well want to attend these events and I'm sure he gets plenty of invites but he rarely does go.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down