George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
New filming location for Tomorrowland, Valencia (Spain) - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
New filming location for Tomorrowland, Valencia (Spain) - Page 2 EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
New filming location for Tomorrowland, Valencia (Spain) - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
New filming location for Tomorrowland, Valencia (Spain) - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
New filming location for Tomorrowland, Valencia (Spain) - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
New filming location for Tomorrowland, Valencia (Spain) - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
New filming location for Tomorrowland, Valencia (Spain) - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
New filming location for Tomorrowland, Valencia (Spain) - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
New filming location for Tomorrowland, Valencia (Spain) - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

New filming location for Tomorrowland, Valencia (Spain)

+18
Carla97
LornaDoone
Maggy
party animal - not!
melbert
Margaret
Katiedot
playfuldeb
Pari
Joanna
NotAvailable
theminis
Mazy
What Would He Say
silly girl
hathaross
chiki
22 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

New filming location for Tomorrowland, Valencia (Spain) - Page 2 Empty Re: New filming location for Tomorrowland, Valencia (Spain)

Post by Nicky80 Thu 31 Oct 2013, 08:54

That's what I thought during Christmas most buildings should be closed und the city should be "nearly" empty. Easy to close down roads without making it difficult for other people.
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

New filming location for Tomorrowland, Valencia (Spain) - Page 2 Empty Re: New filming location for Tomorrowland, Valencia (Spain)

Post by chiki Thu 31 Oct 2013, 09:17

what would he say wrote:

A lot of public buildings close for 3 or 4 days here, Xmas Eve to day after St Stephens day ... When you think about it, it's the ideal time to film...

Well that's what happens here....

Not here....I spent two Christmas in Valencia, and there are lot of visitors those days and no buildings closed. The "City of Arts" is the most visited place. Usually, the City can't be closed, is open to visitors for free. Unless that's a Disney requirement, of course. It's a lot of extra money, but who knows, Disney can afford everything!

chiki
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Thu 31 Oct 2013, 11:50

Chiki, are you spanish? I guees so.... Laughing 

I'm a little tired of spanish politicians.
Ohh Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Tired is not enough to say..

Sure the principal actor won´t be until after christmas!
hathaross
hathaross
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by chiki Thu 31 Oct 2013, 12:25

LOL!   yes, I am....You too, sure!

hathaross wrote:Ohh Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Tired is not enough to say..
I think 'outraged' is the word! Very Happy

btw, if I can help you with your trip (you have to go!), just let me know. As I said, I've been there a couple of times Wink

chiki
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Thu 31 Oct 2013, 12:53

I should assume it for your nick Laughing

Very outraged!!!!

I really would like to go, I should first find someone and who can go like me and then depend of the date... If he goes after 7th of Janury fine! or between 26 - 30 of December Laughing you know are family days and I can´t spend so much money on a trip that I can do another season of the year with better weather. For that reason I would need to know when he´s gonna be although is difficult to know that, no one says anything about it.

The thing is that sure I will see all the photos, videos... of him in Spain, on TV.... and I will regret for not going, is GEORGE!!!!! But.....

If I decide to go I will tell you to know where I can stay, the better places to visit... Very Happy 
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by chiki Thu 31 Oct 2013, 19:50

Same here, my first thought before knowing the dates was, ok, my next holidays in Valencia (once again!), but, I have a lot of work after Christmas until march, so.... maybe next time! Sad 
I read this morning that the european premiere will be in Valencia with the main actors, as a part of the agreement with  Disney, but for the moment, it's only a rumour.

chiki
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Thu 31 Oct 2013, 19:56

I read about it, but you can´t trust a rumor.

chiki, have you ever meet him in person?

I´m not working, I finished the university this year so I can travel for that reason... in a normal situation I wouldn´t!! Laughing
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by chiki Thu 31 Oct 2013, 20:04

noooo, I'm not that lucky! One of these days, sure! lol  And you?

ufff, good luck to find a job...good job! Wink

chiki
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Thu 31 Oct 2013, 20:26

Neither!!! I dont have that luck either.
I hope someday to happen but maybe I am a dreamer.. (I AM) that when it happen someday I dont want to be on a premiere or a festival.... I want something more personal... with few people because that will be THE MOMENT of my life and I would like to tell him something at least :lol:In a premiere... with all the people screaming...is impossible and I would be worse. Honestly I would rather not to meet him in that situation.

And thanks!! We know it´s almost impposible nowdays but I´ll try Laughing
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 01 Nov 2013, 08:50

I know what you mean. A meeting something more privat and not rushing on the red carpet must be much better. I'm dreaming with you. And dreams come true..... cheers
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 01 Nov 2013, 09:24

absolutely a private one!!!!
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 01 Nov 2013, 09:37

So we are off to Valencia then????? LOL!
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Fri 01 Nov 2013, 09:59

Possibly....
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Thu 05 Dec 2013, 15:34

They are looking for 300 extras for Tomorrowland in Valencia !!!!! Shocked 

I would LOVE to try it but I can´t pay a travel for one day there and maybe for nothing. The casting woman told me by email that in the casting I will know more If I go, about the movie because I asked If the main actors will shot there.

The casting are the next week, they are looking for women, men and children of any age.
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 06 Dec 2013, 00:05

Well, I would decide to go and the rest of the month you only eat soup to safe money LOL There is always the risk that it is for nothing but if you never try because of that you will never succeed.
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 14 Dec 2013, 03:24

Thanks to Henway for this:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hundreds of people are lining up in Valencia ... appear in the upcoming Disney
Disney has chosen the City of Arts and Sciences in Valencia, Spain as futuristic setting for his next film 'Tomorrowland' starring George Clooney and Hugh Laurie.

More than 20,000 people have registered for the casting on the internet and since Wednesday, a queue of several hundred people was formed through the complex designed by the architect Santiago Calatrava and Félix Candela.

"We have already had more than 800 people Wednesday just for the casting of children and there is a lot of people waiting outside for the casting of women. Tomorrow it will be that of men" commented Pilar Moya, the casting director. "The film crews should turn here in January for ten days. I have not much information about the film but I think the players will shoot scenes in Valencia also. This is an excellent advertising the city. "

The film, due out in late 2014, will be conducted by American Brad Bird, who holds the Oscar for best animated film for "The Incredibles" and director include "Ratatouille" and "Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol."
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Sat 14 Dec 2013, 11:15

I didn´t go finally....it was one day, waste the journey to go alone.... and I knew that a lot of people would go so...

They don´t tell If George and Hugh will be but everythings says that they will!! But in a period of time of a month, from 7 of January to 7 or 13 of February. Such a bad time for me to travel... Sad I have to travel just in the lasts days of January to other city.
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 14 Dec 2013, 17:52

The film crews should turn here in January for ten days. 

Thanks for the article. So not 23. December???? 10 days seems to be a bit short.
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Sat 14 Dec 2013, 17:59

Extras have to be there on 7 or from that day, so I dare to say that the main actors (If they go) to mid-January or final January.
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Sun 15 Dec 2013, 02:39

Well actually, the filming will depend on story needs. They could be filming with present cast first as there may be scenes that do not need the extras until after the holidays. And it may actually be that the present cast will be filming from the 23rd forward. But I think there will be holiday off days too, for them. Prolly 24th thru to 26th or later would be off. And 1st maybe 2nd days of January. They worked on Thanksgiving but had a Thanksgiving dinner for the cast(cats) and crew. Laughing 

Last edited by Joanie's Clone on Sun 15 Dec 2013, 12:50; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ooopsie :))
NotAvailable
NotAvailable

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 15 Dec 2013, 09:06

lucky cats
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by chiki Sun 29 Dec 2013, 22:03

New dates, at least for our hero.  Give Flowers2 

The ship 'Tomorrowland' begins to land at Science Museum

Disney continues working to condition the Valencia center for the filming of George Clooney's movie, that,  according to different sources, has a budget of 181 million euros.

VALENCIA. The land of tomorrow is closer to Valencia. The first pieces that make up the futuristic spacecraft will crash into the Science Museum Príncipe Felipe, as part of the argument of Tomorrowland, began to settle in the night from Friday to Saturday.

The film, starring George Clooney, is being shot right now in the Canadian city of Vancouver. After a short break, the shooting of this Disney blockbuster will arrive in January to Valencia. It will be at the end of that month, around 25, when the actor will come to the city, where he will remain at least for a week.

With him be coming the whole production team, wich means the return to the big screen of Brad Bird, a filmmaker known worldwide for his animated productions, especially The Incredibles, his masterpiece, and the funny Ratatouille.

A DIRECTOR THAT HAS BEEN RAISED TO 1,431 MILLION

Bird is one of the most respected directors in the industrial Hollywood following her successes accumulate total box office of approximately € 1,431 million. This is his second film with real people behind the latest installment of Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol.

Bird is the author of the script with Damon Lindelof, one of the creators of the series Lost, and newcomer Jeff Jensen. Production has not yet official release date, but according to the website Box Office Mojo specialized film will hit the screens worldwide on May 22, 2015.

Tomorrowland, which takes its name from a subject area of Disneyland inspired by science fiction stories, would initially titled 1952 and has a budget of 181 million euros, as it was revealed by Jon Summerland, commissioner for movies Canadian Okanagan region, where has been filmed part of the film.

The ship has begun to settle in Valencia is a replica of which is being used in the filming in Vancouver. The pieces have been built in Madrid and throughout the next few days will go on the catwalk fitting. In Valencia may also will seen the futuristic vehicles designed by General Motors, spectacular prototypes that will be part of the shoot.

Along with Clooney, stands the presence in the filming of British actor Hugh Laurie, popular in Spain by the House series and one of the most gifted performers of his generation, a personal friend of Kenneth Branagh.

According to information provided by Disney, the plot of the film focuses on an optimistic and intelligent teenager, played by Britt Robertson, locking relationship with a former child prodigy, a disillusioned inventor, character played by Clooney. Together they embark on an adventure to discover the secrets of a mysterious place that is somewhere in time and space and is so named, Tomorrowland.

A FILMING IN A BIG WAY

The presence in Valencia of Tomorrowland's crew, promises to alter the daily life in the City of Arts and Sciences and in the city. Only for scenes Valencia have ordered more than 300 extras, who were selected after a careful and multitudinous casting process.

The costumes designed for the occasion only allows the recruitment of women of less than 42 size, which caused surprise and discomfort. Massive public response prompted the tests had to close before the expected time, prompting the indignation of the people who had spent hours queuing.

chiki
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sun 29 Dec 2013, 22:09

Thanks for the article Chiki  Very Happy 
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 29 Dec 2013, 22:11

Thanks Chiki , that makes sense if he arrives around the 25th Jan and stays only for a week as he needs to be in Berlin around 6th February. Great start for 2014  Smile
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 29 Dec 2013, 22:19

Ok a bit off topic here.. based on the requirement for women extras as noted above - what does a size 42 equate to in American sizes?

Just wondering.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 29 Dec 2013, 22:24

European size 42 is in American size 14
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 29 Dec 2013, 22:26

Thanks Nicky! :-)
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 29 Dec 2013, 22:29

181 million euros?
wow....  affraid 

why on 25, not before?
and isn't he needed at around 15 Feb?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by chiki Sun 29 Dec 2013, 22:35

you're welcome
I have one week holidays, and I still had the hope to be there at the same time as him, but no.... I can't on those dates Sad

chiki
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 29 Dec 2013, 22:50

it's me wrote:181 million euros?
wow....  affraid 

why on 25, not before?
and isn't he needed at around 15 Feb?

The Berlinale start from the 6th until the 15th February and so far everyone is talking about that the movie premier will be the 7th February.
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 29 Dec 2013, 23:01

ah...

ok
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Sun 29 Dec 2013, 23:05

chiki wrote:I have one week holidays, and I still had the hope to be there at the same time as him, but no.... I can't on those dates Sad

Why those days. why!!!!

I can´t figure out what can I do... but I think I finally won´t go. I have to be in another city and far away on february 1... I can´t travel before there, be 3 days back to the other city.... spend money in a journey and a hotel when you dont know If you will see him.... And you can´t be all day in a city you have never been trying to meet him not knowing when the movie cast is.

But when I see on TV I´ll have an impotence ... knowing that he has been so close and many people will see and meet him.... it's not fair!!!!!!!!... Sad   Sad  Crying or Very sad  I have plenty time right now and it just has to be those days!!
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Sun 29 Dec 2013, 23:09

Chiki, we are unlucky girls..... there will be many others who just like him for be "George Clooney"... (not knowing so much about him) and they will meet him, take photos..... and us watching it on television  Sad 
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sun 29 Dec 2013, 23:15

So I have less than a month to win the lotto and be in Valencia by 25 January - hhhmmn something to think about - I do think the posters who live nearby should go there so that I can live vicariously through them HA HA
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 29 Dec 2013, 23:21

hope you win baby!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sun 29 Dec 2013, 23:21

Me too Its Me me too (now that's a mouthful of a sentence)
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 29 Dec 2013, 23:23

Very Happy you funny  Very Happy 
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 29 Dec 2013, 23:28

hathaross wrote:
chiki wrote:I have one week holidays, and I still had the hope to be there at the same time as him, but no.... I can't on those dates Sad

Why those days. why!!!!

I can´t figure out what can I do... but I think I finally won´t go. I have to be in another city and far away on february 1...  I can´t travel before there, be 3 days back to the other city....  spend money in a journey and a hotel when you dont know If you will see him.... And you can´t be all day in a city you have never been trying to meet him not knowing when the movie cast is.

But when I see on TV I´ll have an impotence ... knowing that he has been so close and many people will see and meet him.... it's not fair!!!!!!!!... Sad   Sad  Crying or Very sad  I have plenty time right now and it just has to be those days!!

Well of course you never know if you get lucky or not. When he ws in Berlin I never saw him. He was like a ghost. Everyone talks about him but no one sees him except the tabloids LOL. 

When he started filming in Ilsenburg I went down with a friend for a day trip to check if we see George. And we didn't know where the set was located we didn't even know the area. We were driving around like crazy and had great fun in the car laughing and after hours we really found the set. Obviously we didn't see much as the set was set up underground in a mine.  It happens  

So we went to the hotel which was exposed in the newspapers. And there we saw him later from a distance as the hotel did an BBQ outside the hotel terrace for him and the crew as it was his last day there. And that experience was my first post in this forum as I really wanted to share it. 

So you only know when you try...
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 29 Dec 2013, 23:31

theminis wrote:So I have less than a month to win the lotto and be in Valencia by 25 January - hhhmmn something to think about - I do think the posters who live nearby should go there so that I can live vicariously through them HA HA

Agree with everying win the lotto and take us ALL with you   Very Happy  And yes whoever lives near should go I like to live that experience though them as well    Very Happy  You make me now too excited. That's not good...LOL

Last edited by Nicky80 on Sun 29 Dec 2013, 23:51; edited 1 time in total
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Sun 29 Dec 2013, 23:35

Thanks for share your experience!! Smile

Yeah, you are right, I could try, but first of all, I dont have any friend free to coming with me... (they are working those days Neutral) and of course I don´t want to go alone, I can´t spend that money in a travel not being sure if I will see him Sad

Believe me, no one want to meet him more than me, except you guys in this forum  Wink but everything is against me, and I want to see that beautiful face at least once in my life Crying or Very sad
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 29 Dec 2013, 23:37

Ok then don't go but don't cry over it and accept your own decisions. Maybe next time. So many years to come  Thumbs up!
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Sun 29 Dec 2013, 23:42

I accept them..... I´m just sad that I can go.

When I have enough money to do whatever I want, will be different.
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 29 Dec 2013, 23:44

Yeah let's wait until theminis wins the lotto and gets the millions to help all COH ladies to meet George   Very Happy
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Sun 29 Dec 2013, 23:45

Yep, is very expensive to be a fan  Laughing 
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 29 Dec 2013, 23:56

lol
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Mon 30 Dec 2013, 01:03

Yep if I win the lotto will buy land somewhere in Cabo, have a house warming party and invite you to it - I like to dream big
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Mon 30 Dec 2013, 01:52

theminis wrote:Yep if I win the lotto will buy land somewhere in Cabo, have a house warming party and invite you to it - I like to dream big

No sense in dreaming small, you never know what tomorrow brings.
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Margaret Mon 30 Dec 2013, 02:23

I read that the Oscars are on 3rd Feb, I wonder if he will be attending that.
Margaret
Margaret
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 30 Dec 2013, 02:56

Actually it is March 2nd, after the Olympics are over.

I would think he would show up if Gravity is nominated in support of Sandra and Alfonso.  On the other hand, if August:Osage County is nominated he most assuredly would be there as producer.  Last year he flew in for the couple days around Oscar time to pick up award for Argo and then went right back to Germany to work on MM.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by chiki Mon 30 Dec 2013, 08:32

@Hathaross don't be sad. If we can't go, it's because it's not the moment, I'm sure! As Nicky said, maybe he will be there for 1 week and no one see him. Or probably, we'll see pics of him with fans and make us feel bad  Very Happy
But,  one day we will have our moment. Premiere next year? Or if Theminis wins the lottery (I hope you win!), she will need a private guide...or two super cool 

Btw, Nicky, thanks for share, I hope you can talk to him one day, next step  Thumbs up!

chiki
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next