George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Warner Bros. Pictures’ “Gravity” Has Fast Climb to $100 Million Worldwide EmptyYesterday at 22:10 by benex

»  George filming new film in UK
Warner Bros. Pictures’ “Gravity” Has Fast Climb to $100 Million Worldwide EmptyYesterday at 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Warner Bros. Pictures’ “Gravity” Has Fast Climb to $100 Million Worldwide EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Warner Bros. Pictures’ “Gravity” Has Fast Climb to $100 Million Worldwide EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Warner Bros. Pictures’ “Gravity” Has Fast Climb to $100 Million Worldwide EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Warner Bros. Pictures’ “Gravity” Has Fast Climb to $100 Million Worldwide EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Warner Bros. Pictures’ “Gravity” Has Fast Climb to $100 Million Worldwide EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Warner Bros. Pictures’ “Gravity” Has Fast Climb to $100 Million Worldwide EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Warner Bros. Pictures’ “Gravity” Has Fast Climb to $100 Million Worldwide EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Warner Bros. Pictures’ “Gravity” Has Fast Climb to $100 Million Worldwide

+8
playfuldeb
silly girl
theminis
LornaDoone
melbert
Carla97
it's me
Mazy
12 posters

Go down

Warner Bros. Pictures’ “Gravity” Has Fast Climb to $100 Million Worldwide Empty Warner Bros. Pictures’ “Gravity” Has Fast Climb to $100 Million Worldwide

Post by Mazy Fri 11 Oct 2013, 01:28

Warner Bros. Pictures’ “Gravity” Has Fast Climb to $100 Million Worldwide
Alfonso Cuarón’s dramatic thriller, starring Sandra Bullock and George Clooney, soars with critics and audiences around the world

October 09, 2013 08:04 PM Eastern Daylight Time

BURBANK, Calif.--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--Only five days after its record-breaking launch, Warner Bros. Pictures’ “Gravity” has flown past $100 million at the worldwide box office. The film has earned an estimated $68.5 million domestically and $35.8 internationally for a global total to date of $104.3 million. The announcement was made today by Dan Fellman, President of Domestic Distribution, and Veronika Kwan Vandenberg, President of International Distribution, Warner Bros. Pictures.

“Sue and I join everyone at Warner Bros. in congratulating Alfonso Cuarón, producer David Heyman, screenwriter Jonás Cuarón, Sandra Bullock and George Clooney, and all the other talented artists who worked to make ‘Gravity’ an unequivocal cinematic achievement.”

Following weeks of enthusiastic critical acclaim and huge anticipation from moviegoers, the Alfonso Cuarón-directed dramatic thriller exceeded all expectations on its opening weekend.

Taking in $55.8 million domestically, “Gravity” broke a number of box office records, including those for the biggest October opening for any film, the largest IMAX opening in October ($11.8 million), and the highest opening weekend ever for stars Sandra Bullock and George Clooney.

In making the announcement, Fellman stated, “We are all thrilled by this start—from the tremendous critical acclaim to the fantastic response from audiences. Alfonso Cuarón and his brilliant collaborators crafted a groundbreaking film that succeeds on every level, both creatively and commercially. Word of mouth has been amazing and we expect it only to grow, keeping ‘Gravity’ strong at the box office in the weeks and months ahead.”

Kwan Vandenberg noted, “‘Gravity’ is a riveting and relatable human drama that has struck a chord with moviegoers in countries around the globe. We are excited by these numbers and know this is just the beginning, with much-anticipated openings coming up in major markets such as the UK, France, Japan, Korea, Brazil and Mexico.”

Sue Kroll, Warner Bros. Pictures President, Worldwide Marketing and International Distribution, said, “The buzz on ‘Gravity’ began building when we unveiled the film at the Venice and Toronto Film Festivals. Critical raves and screening audience reactions reinforced what we already knew—that the combination of thrilling drama, breathtaking visuals, and powerful performances made this a film that had to be experienced on the big screen.” President of Worldwide Production Greg Silverman added, “Sue and I join everyone at Warner Bros. in congratulating Alfonso Cuarón, producer David Heyman, screenwriter Jonás Cuarón, Sandra Bullock and George Clooney, and all the other talented artists who worked to make ‘Gravity’ an unequivocal cinematic achievement.”

Academy Award® winners Sandra Bullock (“The Blind Side”) and George Clooney (“Syriana”) star in “Gravity,” a heart-pounding thriller that pulls you into the infinite and unforgiving realm of deep space. The film was directed by Oscar® nominee Alfonso Cuarón (“Children of Men”).

Dr. Ryan Stone (Bullock) is a brilliant medical engineer on her first shuttle mission, with veteran astronaut Matt Kowalski (Clooney) in command. But on a seemingly routine mission, disaster strikes. The shuttle is destroyed, leaving Stone and Kowalski completely alone—tethered to nothing but each other and spiraling out into the blackness. The deafening silence tells them they have lost any link to Earth…and any chance for rescue. As fear turns to panic, every gulp of air eats away at what little oxygen is left.

But the only way home may be to go further out into the terrifying expanse of space.
“Gravity” was written by Alfonso Cuarón & Jonás Cuarón, and produced by Alfonso Cuarón and David Heyman (the “Harry Potter” films). Chris deFaria, Nikki Penny and Stephen Jones served as executive producers.

The behind-the-scenes team includes multiple Oscar®-nominated director of photography Emmanuel Lubezki (“Children of Men,” “The New World”); production designer Andy Nicholson (art director “Alice in Wonderland”); editors Alfonso Cuarón and Mark Sanger (VFX editor “Children of Men”); and costume designer Jany Temime (the “Harry Potter” films). The visual effects were handled by Oscar®-nominated visual effects supervisor Tim Webber (“The Dark Knight”). The music was composed by Steven Price (“Attack the Block”).

Warner Bros. Pictures Presents an Esperanto Filmoj/Heyday Films Production, an Alfonso Cuarón Film, “Gravity.” The film will be released in 3D and 2D and IMAX®, and will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment company. This film has been rated PG-13 for intense perilous sequences, some disturbing images and brief strong language.

gravitymovie.com

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Warner Bros. Pictures’ “Gravity” Has Fast Climb to $100 Million Worldwide Empty Re: Warner Bros. Pictures’ “Gravity” Has Fast Climb to $100 Million Worldwide

Post by it's me Fri 11 Oct 2013, 09:27

didn't read by now the whole article
but I guess
a bit of payment for all trouble of that film making

bravo Cuaron

and it's only the beginning Very Happy
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Warner Bros. Pictures’ “Gravity” Has Fast Climb to $100 Million Worldwide Empty Re: Warner Bros. Pictures’ “Gravity” Has Fast Climb to $100 Million Worldwide

Post by Carla97 Sat 12 Oct 2013, 10:02

Yes, what an achievement! But here it is called George Clooney film. Very Happy 
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 12 Oct 2013, 13:39

not here only!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 12 Oct 2013, 21:34

2nd weekend winner????

Gravity Still in Orbit: Top Spot at Box Office

Captain Phillips Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 Gravity

2:35 pm, October 12th, 2013

BOX OFFICE

Gravity is still in orbit above the rest of the box office.

The Sandra Bullock-George Clooney space thriller is expected to earn approximately $44 million this weekend, according to early estimates, which would make it an easy #1 once again.

Tom Hanks’ piracy thriller Captain Phillips should open in second place with about $26 million.

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 is on pace to make $15 million, good enough for the #3 spot.

Meanwhile, the star-studded action romp Machete Kills is projected to hit $4.5 million in its debut, which should clinch fourth place.

Runner Runner and Prisoners are going head-to-head for #5, with each movie on pace for $3.5 million.

Insidious: Chapter 2 ($3 million) should outpace Don Jon ($2.5 million) and Rush ($2.5 million) for seventh place.

It’s expected that Baggage Claim ($2 million) will round out the Top 10.

Gossip Cop will have updates.

What are you seeing this weekend?
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 12 Oct 2013, 22:16

oh my..... Yahooooo 
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 13 Oct 2013, 00:15

Ok ok!! I'm going tomorrow morning to the first showing at my local theater - well first showing is not till after 11 am so it's not like I have to get up early but it will be IMAX 3D all the way!

Note to self, better take a motion sickness pill before I get there!

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sun 13 Oct 2013, 01:30

Decided to do Imax as well, someone I know saw it and thought it one of the best movies they have seen on IMAX - now to find a babysitter and Im all set!!
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sun 13 Oct 2013, 01:44

I wish I could babysit for you....I probably won't see it for awhile....

So it has pretty much made back it's investment money...do you think GC and SB got backend or do you think they just got paid up front?

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Sun 13 Oct 2013, 05:05

I am glad to see that this movie is doing very well. There was another similar movie just released call the Europa Report. Funny how that works that there are no space movies and then two come out in the same year!
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sun 13 Oct 2013, 22:47

Gravity still No. 1 and has now made $191m worldwide

theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 13 Oct 2013, 22:57

shocking Shocked 

I'm really happy for all of them!!!!!!!!!!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Mon 14 Oct 2013, 00:01

Amazing...when you consider still not opened in many European Countries.
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 14 Oct 2013, 00:22

Gravity Still in Orbit: Top Spot at Box Office

Captain Phillips Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 Gravity

12:27 pm, October 13th, 2013

(Warner Bros.)

Gravity is still in orbit above the rest of the box office.

The Sandra Bullock-George Clooney space thriller earned $44.2 million this weekend, making it an easy #1 once again.

Tom Hanks’ piracy thriller Captain Phillips opened in second place with $26 million.

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 took in $14.2 million, good enough for the #3 spot.

The star-studded action romp Machete Kills hit $3.7 million in its debut, putting it neck-and-neck with Runner, Runner, which took in the same amount.

Rounding out the Top 10 were: Prisoners ($3.6 million), Insidious: Chapter 2 ($2.7 million), Don Jon ($2.3 million), Rush ($2.3 million), and Baggage Claim ($2 million).
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 14 Oct 2013, 00:47

‘Gravity’ Leaves Tom Hanks’ ‘Captain Phillips’ In Box-Office Wake With Huge 2nd Week
The Wrap
By Todd Cunningham 9 hours ago

The Sandra Bullock-George Clooney 3D space epic “Gravity” maintained its lofty orbit above box office rivals, rocketing to a $44 million second weekend and holding off a strong challenge from the Tom Hanks thriller “Captain Phillips.”

Sony’s Oscar hopeful established itself as a box-office force in its own right with a better-than expected $26 million three-day haul, the best live-action opening for Hanks since 2009’s “Angels and Demons.”

The family film “Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2” was third with $14 million but no other movie cracked $4 million for the three days. The weekend’s other wide opener, Robert Rodriguez’s “Machete Kills,” was dead on arrival, and bunched with holdovers “Runner Runner” and “Prisoners” at around $3.6 million.

Also read: ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ Replacing Charlie Hunnam as Christian Grey

Warner Bros. looked to capitalize on last week’s stunning $55 million debut of director Alfonso Cuaron’s space saga, and it paid off. The studio increased the number of locations by 85 to a market-high 3,660 theaters, the majority of which were 3D, and saw just a 21 percent drop-off from last week.

Anything less than 50 percent is considered good, so the hold by “Gravity” is something special and signals the potential for a long and lucrative box-office run that is likely to see momentum boosts if awards nominations roll in as expected. It’s the best non-holiday second-week hold ever for a movie that opened with more than $55 million.

The “Gravity” grosses again were driven by 3D – which accounted for $36.2 million or 82 percent of the receipts — and Imax, which brought in $9 million, or 20 percent of the take. That’s the best second weekend ever at Imax, ahead of the $8.9 million that “The Dark Knight Rises” brought in last year, and is all the more impressive coming out of the summer blockbuster season.

Also read: Did ‘Gravity’ Really End as It Seemed? An Alternate Theory (Spoilers)

“It’s word of mouth” beamed Warner Bros. head of distribution Dan Fellman on Sunday, and the numbers backed him up. After taking in $12.7 million on Friday, “Gravity” skyrocketed to $18.5 million on Saturday.

Fellman said “Gravity” was broadening and playing younger after skewing older in its first week. “You don’t put up the kind of numbers we are without playing to all ages.

“We’re even starting to see repeat business,” Fellman said, citing studio numbers that showed 6 percent of Friday’s audience were second-time viewers.

So far, “Gravity” has taken in $123 million domestically. After adding $28 million from 38 overseas markets this weekend, the foreign total is up to $68 million an the wordwide figure is at $191 million.

Also read: George Clooney on Oscar Whisper Campaigns, Writing a ‘Gravity’ Scene and Spielberg’s Reaction to the Movie (Exclusive)

Sony execs see a comparable long-playing scenario for “Captain Phillips,” which like “Gravity” is a major hit with critics. First-night audiences agreed, giving the fact-based tale an “A” CinemaScore.

The studio would love to see their film, directed by Paul Greengrass and written by Billy Ray, follow a box-office trajectory comparable to last year’s “Argo.” Ben Affleck’s hostage drama also opened at this time of year against a box-office juggernaut in “Taken 2.” “Argo” opened to $19 million and went to make $232 million globally and won the Best Picture Oscar.

The “Captain Phillips” audience skewed male (52 percent) and older, with 62 percent over the age of 35. Sony distribution chief Rory Bruer credited positive word of mouth with pushing “Captain Phillips” beyond the expectations of the studio and analysts.

Also read: Disney Releases First Look at ‘Avatar’ Theme Park (Photos)

“It’s people talking about a performance by Tom Hanks that you don’t want to miss,” he said Sunday. “The movie really is emotional and incredible story telling, and this reminds people of what an incredible actor he is.”

Star power – or stunt casting, really – couldn’t save Robert Rodriguez’s R-rated exploitation action film “Machete Kills.”

It featured Lady Gaga, Charlie Sheen, Mel Gibson and Sofia Vergara – in a machine-gun bra, no less – along with Danny Trejo and Michelle Rodriguez.

But it didn’t come close to the $11 million opening of the 2010 original, leaving distributor Open Road to hope it can match the strong DVD afterlife of that film.

The post ‘Gravity’ Leaves Tom Hanks’ ‘Captain Phillips’ In Box-Office Wake With Huge 2nd Week appeared first on TheWrap.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by ... Mon 14 Oct 2013, 01:05

It's going to be epic in terms of highest grossing films worldwide.
Already is.
Unique.
Original.
Appeals to so many.

And one to own on dvd.

Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Mon 14 Oct 2013, 01:53

Thanks Melbert for another up-dated article, I save them all so I really appreciate it. Just thinking if one of us had to find all these for ourselves like I did before I came here, you miss a lot. So it is really nice that everyone pitches in, thanks again.
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Mon 14 Oct 2013, 10:41

When I was little, the word Epic was used when talking about some movies.......Then it went out of fashion.......

Looks like The Epic has come back, right time, right place for MM......
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Einstein Tue 15 Oct 2013, 00:45

Sandra Bullock Performs 'Rapper's Delight' ..... this woman is just cool with it .... I will also play in a movie Smile

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Einstein
Einstein
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Einstein Tue 15 Oct 2013, 00:46

Einstein
Einstein
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 15 Oct 2013, 00:56

Ross's researchers picked this up from another interview where she said Our Hero had wandered onto the set with this rap on his headphones and he knew all the words - so they sang it together lots, but she left out some of it.........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down