George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
Gravity to show at Telluride Film Festival - George Clooney not expected to attend EmptyYesterday at 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Gravity to show at Telluride Film Festival - George Clooney not expected to attend EmptyYesterday at 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
Gravity to show at Telluride Film Festival - George Clooney not expected to attend EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Gravity to show at Telluride Film Festival - George Clooney not expected to attend EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Gravity to show at Telluride Film Festival - George Clooney not expected to attend EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Gravity to show at Telluride Film Festival - George Clooney not expected to attend EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Gravity to show at Telluride Film Festival - George Clooney not expected to attend EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Gravity to show at Telluride Film Festival - George Clooney not expected to attend EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Gravity to show at Telluride Film Festival - George Clooney not expected to attend EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Gravity to show at Telluride Film Festival - George Clooney not expected to attend

2 posters

Go down

Gravity to show at Telluride Film Festival - George Clooney not expected to attend Empty Gravity to show at Telluride Film Festival - George Clooney not expected to attend

Post by Katiedot Wed 28 Aug 2013, 17:44

He did go the year before last (http://www.clooneysopenhouse.com/t1018-george-to-attend-telluride-film-fest?) but I guess with his announcement that he's not doing the circuit this year we shouldn't hope to see him this year. Thanks to New Kid for the find:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Venice hit 'Gravity' to land at Telluride film fest, 'Labor Day' to world premiere

Buoyed by rave reviews at Venice, "Gravity" is set to continue its rise on the awards scene with a screening at this weekend's 40th edition of the Telluride film festival.

George Clooney, who plays one of the astronauts stranded in this 3D sci-fi epic, has dropped by this Rocky Mountain town for the past two years running as the producer of "Argo" and star of "The Descendants." It will be the first time at the festival for writer-director Cuaron and Sandra Bullock who is being singled out for her work as the other space traveler in distress.

This low-key fest has announced other high profile pictures including the world premieres of Jason Reitman's "Labor Day" and Ralph Fiennes' "The Invisible Woman." Both of these pictures are to play the Toronto film festival next week.

That Reitman -- scion of the family that is patron to TIFF -- chose to screen his picture about a single mother (Kate Winslet) who shelters an escaped prisoner (Josh Brolin) at Telluride is testament to the growing importance of this stop on the awards circuit.

While the Toronto film festival screens hundreds of pictures, this one has just 27 on the schedule, although there may be a sneak peek at one or two more. This breathing room could allow Fiennes' film, in which he plays Charles Dickens torn between his mistress (Felicity Jones) and wife (Kristin Scott Thomas), to flourish.

As expected, a trio of Cannes hits all of which are skipping Toronto -- -- "All is Lost," "Inside Llewyn Davis and "Nebraska -- will play this small town in advance of screenings at the New York film
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Gravity to show at Telluride Film Festival - George Clooney not expected to attend Empty Re: Gravity to show at Telluride Film Festival - George Clooney not expected to attend

Post by it's me Wed 28 Aug 2013, 17:46

No....

Mmmmm
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Gravity to show at Telluride Film Festival - George Clooney not expected to attend Empty Re: Gravity to show at Telluride Film Festival - George Clooney not expected to attend

Post by Katiedot Wed 28 Aug 2013, 17:53

I can't say for definite he won't be there, but it seems unlikely given his earlier comments about not doing the festival circuit this year.

Will be more than happy to be proved wrong though!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down