George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Gravity to open Venice film festival - but will George Clooney be there? EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Gravity to open Venice film festival - but will George Clooney be there? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Gravity to open Venice film festival - but will George Clooney be there? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Gravity to open Venice film festival - but will George Clooney be there? EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Gravity to open Venice film festival - but will George Clooney be there? EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Gravity to open Venice film festival - but will George Clooney be there? EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Gravity to open Venice film festival - but will George Clooney be there? EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Gravity to open Venice film festival - but will George Clooney be there? EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Gravity to open Venice film festival - but will George Clooney be there? EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Gravity to open Venice film festival - but will George Clooney be there?

+6
party animal - not!
What Would He Say
Nicky80
Carla97
it's me
Mazy
10 posters

Go down

Gravity to open Venice film festival - but will George Clooney be there? Empty Re: Gravity to open Venice film festival - but will George Clooney be there?

Post by Mazy Mon 19 Aug 2013, 18:59

I couldn't find the thread for VFF so I will put this here.

Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Gravity to open Venice film festival - but will George Clooney be there? Empty Re: Gravity to open Venice film festival - but will George Clooney be there?

Post by it's me Mon 19 Aug 2013, 20:04

Lucky girl.....
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Mon 19 Aug 2013, 20:30

Yes lucky Very Happy 
Have to look for the zurich...
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Gravity to open Venice film festival - but will George Clooney be there? Empty Gravity to open Venice film festival - but will George Clooney be there?

Post by Nicky80 Mon 19 Aug 2013, 23:01

Does anyone think George will be there? Anythink confirmed?
I think he is doing the premiere in the US on the 3rd October right?
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Tue 20 Aug 2013, 14:45

If he doesn't have to be in Canada before the screening I think that he will be at the VFF. He apparently might still be on that side of the pond. The screening is only eight days away. But we have to wait and see. Just wish he would pop up for sure, I have been worry so much about where he isl
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Tue 20 Aug 2013, 15:10

Ooh....no ticket....no George.....Sad 

I thought it would be invitation only Embarassed 
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Tue 20 Aug 2013, 18:01

I guess if this is true he's going.

Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 20 Aug 2013, 18:22

Slightly misleading - the hotel's website features a pic of His Nibs and could be construed to mean he's likely to be staying there......which is not usually the case

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Tue 20 Aug 2013, 18:42

I seems what little drips and drabs of information that we are getting are all kinda vague.
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 20 Aug 2013, 18:53

Hope they're paying him for this advert....or....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 20 Aug 2013, 18:58

My thoughts exactly, Jo. Trying to cash in maybe.........?

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 20 Aug 2013, 19:05

Why not? Guess he won't let go such pleasure to steal the stearing wheel to his friend taxi driver!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 20 Aug 2013, 20:43

Oh yes I believe he is going to Venice too. I made a mistake I wanted to post my question in the zurich film festival thread about him coming or not but post it in here. Don't know how I got confused. Too many film festivals. Sorry.    Embarassed
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Tue 20 Aug 2013, 22:34

.........Disappointed........I dunno 

I STUPIDLY thought it was a given....Motto of the day ASSUME nothing....
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Sun 25 Aug 2013, 17:13

70th Venice Film Festival Plays Host To 'Gravity' And 'Parkland'

HuffPost (short video at the link but I don't know how to post it)

* Oldest global film fest tries to see off upstarts

* Will open with premiere of space fantasy "Gravity"

* Films starring Johansson, Efron, Damon vie for Golden Lion

By Michael Roddy

LONDON, Aug 25 (Reuters) - Space, stars and taboo sex will be on display in Venice this week as the world's oldest international film festival fights to keep its head above water in a city slowly slipping into the sea.

The 70th Venice Film Festival will try and see off competition from increasingly popular extravaganzas in Rome and Toronto by opening with the world premiere of 3D space fantasy "Gravity", starring George Clooney and Sandra Bullock.

Directed by Mexico's Alfonso Cuaron, of "Children of Men" and Harry Potter-sequel fame, the film depicts Bullock and Clooney as astronauts cast adrift after disaster strikes their shuttle.

"I think the main theme of Venice is that it is proving it is not letting Toronto take the wind out of its sails," Jay Weissberg, film critic for trade publication Variety, told Reuters in a telephone interview.

"The number of English-language films is phenomenal and the Rome festival hasn't hurt it at all."

Big names appearing in films vying for Venice's Golden Lion include Scarlett Johansson as an alien in "Under the Skin", Zac Efron in "Parkland" set at the Dallas hospital where John F Kennedy was taken after he was shot, and Matt Damon in dystopian fantasy "The Zero Theorem" directed by Terry Gilliam.

Nicolas Cage stars as an ex-convict in the U.S. southern backwoods movie "Joe" while Judi Dench searches for the child she was forced to give up for adoption in "Philomena".

The festival's unlikeliest "star" will be former Iraq-war era U.S. Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld in the documentary "The Unknown Known" that takes its title from his famous maxim about threats we know about, and those we don't.

Rumsfeld does not make any earth-shattering revelations, London-based film promoter Charles McDonald said, but "It is a fascinating look at the man. It's compelling stuff, absolutely," he added.

The prize for tackling the most unfilmable subject will have to go to 21st-century Renaissance man James Franco, whose movie is based on Cormac McCarthy's slim but gruesome novel "Child of God" about a Tennessee backwoodsman who gets his kicks having sex with women's corpses.

"Everything Franco does seems impossible," Weissberg said, adding that the film had been described as "half 'Deliverance' and half Charlie Chaplin".

INTERNATIONAL FLAVOUR

Considered one of the world's big three film festivals, along with Cannes and Berlin, Venice has struggled to rid itself of a reputation as a high-cost venue for exhibitors.

Italy is represented in competition by a documentary, Gianfranco Rosi's "Sacro Gra", about life tucked away along the ring road around Rome, and Gianni Amelio's "L'Intrepido" about an unemployed man who makes a living taking over the jobs of people who have to be absent for one reason or another.

There is much advance interest in Taiwan Chinese director Tsai Ming-Liang's "Jiaoyou" ("Stray Dogs") about a father and his two children who eke out an existence in modern Taipei, and their visitation by a strange woman.

Israeli director Amos Gitai's "Ana Arabia" tells the story of a young woman journalist who visits a small, mixed community of Jews and Arabs living together on the outskirts of Tel Aviv.

Gitai, a veteran of the 1973 Arab-Israeli war whose helicopter was shot down by a Syrian missile, is widely respected abroad but divides opinion at home because of his exploration of ethnic and religious tensions.

The festival's jury is headed by veteran Italian director Bernardo Bertolucci, best known for his steamy 1972 movie "Last Tango in Paris" starring Marlon Brando and Maria Schneider. (Editing by Andrew Heavens)
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sun 25 Aug 2013, 18:58

No matter what I did I could not get the video to embed. Here's the picture.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 25 Aug 2013, 19:13

Thanks Lighterside,

I can't see the video due to my "location" how mean. Sad 

What is the video about?
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Sun 25 Aug 2013, 19:21

Nicky80 wrote:Thanks Lighterside,

I can't see the video due to my "location" how mean. Sad 

What is the video about?
Sorry it doesn't work for you. It's a short video (just over a minute) about the films at this year's festival, with a few different celebrities highlighted as attending this year and at the end they have a clip of Gravity and talk about it opening this year and pictures of George arriving with Grant for a previous festival and they show Sandra Bullock arriving also in a previous year.
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 25 Aug 2013, 19:30

Ah Ok thank you for describing the video.

Only few days left can't wait to see new pics from George when he arrives at the festival    Love3
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 25 Aug 2013, 19:56

So Matt Damon's there too, and Judy Dench. The list goes on and on...........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 25 Aug 2013, 20:04

That will be a party    Drink 3
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 25 Aug 2013, 20:06

Except of course they won't all be there at the same time..........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Mon 26 Aug 2013, 03:09

killjoy !!
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 26 Aug 2013, 22:08

not sure where to post this one. This was on le frenchies side  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Looks like a link for a live stream for the Vencie festival. But I'm not sure???

"The opening of the 70th International Publishing Trade 2013 Venice Film Festival live Wednesday, August 28, 2013 from 6:45 p.m. on ceremony:"

[url=http://www.rai.tv/dl/RaiTV/dirette/PublishingBlock-1dc5af18-ecc2-497f-be49-8e2989cbcc2a.html?channel=Rai Movie][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Nicky80 on Mon 26 Aug 2013, 22:12; edited 1 time in total
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 26 Aug 2013, 22:10

Unfortunately, I can't watch the live stream if it that what it means. Have to attend an evening event from work. I will suffer   Sad
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT-A-BOT Mon 26 Aug 2013, 22:12

Deleted - bye bye (we don't feed trolls here)

Last edited by theminis on Mon 26 Aug 2013, 22:24; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : offensive rude etc)
NOT-A-BOT
NOT-A-BOT
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by NOT-A-BOT Mon 26 Aug 2013, 22:14

Deleted - rudeness, offensive and just a waste of my intelligence

Last edited by theminis on Mon 26 Aug 2013, 22:26; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : offensive posting)
NOT-A-BOT
NOT-A-BOT
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 26 Aug 2013, 22:19

Yahooooo Sofa bounce Yahooooo
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 26 Aug 2013, 22:21

Yeah what a relieve. Finally   cheers
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 26 Aug 2013, 22:52

Enjoy the respite, until the return with another
give away name and boring words.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Tue 27 Aug 2013, 00:47

Joanna wrote:Enjoy the respite, until the return with another
give away name and boring words.
Oh we have peace again, note I spelled it correctly everyone, thank goodness.
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Tue 27 Aug 2013, 02:38

Venice Film Festival begins with Gravity, that brings Sandra Bullock and George Clooney
Posted on Monday, August 26, 2013 19:52

Written by Estadão Content

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The actor George Clooney. Publicity photo

I
n his 70. Edition, Venice, the oldest festival of world cinema, affixed to the old formula and it never disappoints - a feature of great potential public opening, Gravity , directed by Mexican director Alfonso Cuaron, and movies called "the author "spread over several shows, especially the main section, 70 Venice, which gives your winning the coveted Golden Lion.

One of the most important awards of the cinematography world and certainly the most beautiful, with the figure of the winged lion, symbol of the Serenissima Republic of Venice. Who wants to see the model of the trophy should go to the Piazza San Marco and see the lion with wings on one of the piers that overlook the lagoon. It is a majestic sight, though popularized by mass tourism.
The festival takes place on the other side of the lagoon, at the Lido, the main island of the Venetian complex. There, in that strip of land long and gentle, these will be displayed select contestants - 20 titles, among which predominate Italian and American - which also is not really new.

With Gravity , Cuarón, director of fun and also your Mother, now invests in the sci-fi genre and has two trump cards in the cast, Sandra Bullock and George Clooney, the American actor most beloved in Italy. Gravity in 3D, opens officially tomorrow "to show", as the festival is handled by here - as if there were no other possible competition and, although suffering Venice come in recent years, the harassment of Toronto and its powerful market. The Canadian festival begins right in the middle of the show and leads a flock of celebrities back to the other side of the Atlantic. But the Italians remain undaunted. What make is this concession, the authors merge celebrities Popular magazines like Cahiers du Cinéma and Positif to the general public.

This strain authorial attend in abundance to the Lido to attend the old festival founded in 1932, Mussolini was in full. For example, the Lido is one habitué as the Israeli Amos Gitai with Ana Arabia, a darling of Cahiers post-nouvelle vague as Philippe Garrel with your La Jalousie (Jealousy). And the Japanese animator Hayao Miyazaki, which insists on drawing their stories by artisans in a time when digital platforms prevail and take the drudgery. The American James Franco comes with Child of God, that just seeing it.

Good news is the return of the show Gianni Amelio. Amelio, who gave Italy its last Golden Lion in 1998 with Ria If that is so, now brings L'Intrepid, which reflects on the precariousness of contemporary work. A film by Amelio always creates a huge expectation. Not only because it is loved among Italian cinema, but because it is one of the last true authors of a cinematographic crossing endless crisis, including quality, something that is discussed every year at the Lido.

There are also reasons to wait impatiently for Stray Dogs, Tsai Ming-liang, and Tom à la Ferme, Xavier Dolan. The inventive Terry Gilliam brings The Zero Theorem, according to him, contemporary version of Brazil, your favorite exercise in dystopia.

Another noteworthy aspect is the main show the presence of two documentaries among competitors, a fact that had never occurred and is proof of the vitality of the genre. Holy grail, Gianfranco Rosi, of Rome, and The Unknown Known - Life and Times of Donald Rumsfeld, directed by Errol Morris. Brings, is what it says, a great testimonial Hawk Bush should provoke controversy similar to enlightening talks Robert McNamara in The Fog of War, Morris also. When these large predators open the game, who profits is the story.

If the competitive primary is packed with attractions, the menu of hors concours not seem less attractive. A space fantasy Severity opens the festival, but is far from awakening the expectation, at least among cinephiles. For them, excites the return of Ettore Scola. Teacher and author of such masterpieces as We Both Loved Each Other in-One Very Special Day, Scola had left the scene with a great noise, stating that it was increasingly difficult to film in Italy and with his advanced age, already considered retired . Well: and returned with a heavy theme - nothing less than a film about one of the greatest filmmakers of all time. Che Strano Chiamarsi Federico!, Ie, What Strange Call to Federico (Fellini), perhaps the greatest of all. Only one thing can harm this "Scola Raconta Fellini": the immense expectations placed in him.

CANDIDATES TO LION GOLD
Ana Arabia, Amos Gitai (Israel-France)
Child of God, James Franco (United States)
Joe, David Gordon Green (United States)
Kaze Tachinu, Hayao Miyazaki (Japan)
L'intrepid, Gianni Amelio (Italy)
La Jalousie, Philippe Garrel (France)
Miss Violence, Alexandros Avranas (Greece)
Night Moves, Kelly Reichardt (United States)
Parkland, Peter Landesman (USA)
Philomena, Stephen Frears (Britain)
The Police Officer's Wife, Philip Gröning (Germany)
The Rooftops of Merzak Allouache (Algeria-France)
Holy grail of Gianfranco Rosi (Italy)
Stray Dogs, Tsai Ming-liang (China-France)
Tom à la Ferme, Xavier Dolan (Canada-France)
Tracks by John Curran (Britain-Australia)
Under the Skin, Jonathan Glazer (Canada)
The Unknown Known: The Life and Times of Donald Rumsfeld, of Errol Morris (United States)
Via Castellana Bandiera, Emma Dante (Italy-Switzerland-France
The Zero Theorem, Terry Gilliam (United Kingdom-United States)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down