George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
DEALING WITH TROLLS - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
DEALING WITH TROLLS - Page 2 EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
DEALING WITH TROLLS - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
DEALING WITH TROLLS - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
DEALING WITH TROLLS - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
DEALING WITH TROLLS - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
DEALING WITH TROLLS - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
DEALING WITH TROLLS - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
DEALING WITH TROLLS - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

DEALING WITH TROLLS

+27
carolhathaway
fava
Jenn
Leon Felini
party animal - not!
LizzyNY
oldweston
Donnamarie
annemarie
LornaDoone
PigPen
iamnoone
Alisonfan
janieb
What Would He Say
Dior
Maggy
Joanna
Pari
Nicky80
Picachu
Katiedot
playfuldeb
Carla97
it's me
Lighterside
theminis
31 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

DEALING WITH TROLLS - Page 2 Empty Re: DEALING WITH TROLLS

Post by Joanna Tue 07 Jul 2015, 18:58

Nicky80 wrote:I removed the troll posts. I'm sure she will be back with another username Rolling Eyes

Thanks Nicky for that.

The troll just cannot find anything original 
to amuse us with !  Sleep
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 07 Jul 2015, 19:59

Nicky to the rescue.  Thanks!  We were on to her pretty quickly.  She didn't even try to disguise her comments at all.  Pretty weak attempt at trying to stir things up here.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 08 Jul 2015, 16:52

I banned the troll again I will remove her posts shorlty. stupid......
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 08 Jul 2015, 16:58

This person is really mentally ill. I think that is why when Amal is out in Los Angeles she has a body guard this nut is trouble. I was wondering if she is the same one from the other site, then she mentioned George choosing his own wife and I knew it was her.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 08 Jul 2015, 17:05

Truely upsetting if any of Cindigirl's family still read here............

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 08 Jul 2015, 17:09

She is either mentally ill or loves negative attention.  Maybe both.  Some people are just plain mean.  Her paranoid conspiracy theories are beyond any logical explanation.  

Nicky this like whack-a-nut!  She'll be back unfortunately .
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 08 Jul 2015, 17:10

I removed all the Posts. I guess because it is so quiet and George is hiding the troll doesn't know what else to do. She has no life Razz
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 08 Jul 2015, 17:11

Donnamarie wrote:She is either mentally ill or loves negative attention.  Maybe both.  Some people are just plain mean.  Her paranoid conspiracy theories are beyond any logical explanation.  

Nicky this like whack-a-nut!  She'll be back unfortunately .

What does it mean? Something COOL Very Happy
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 08 Jul 2015, 17:26

It was a play on words.  There is game you can play in the states called whack-a-mole.  This mole pops it's head out of a series of holes very fast while the player tries to whack it before it goes back down the hole.  If you are able to whack his head you win a prize.  cheers
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 08 Jul 2015, 17:27

Coolio  I want my prize...a topless new George pic hehehe
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Leon Felini Wed 08 Jul 2015, 17:29

You ban someone because they reveal the truth maybe scratch scratch scratch ? This site is not independent. Anyone can tell it's seem run by a pr team. That feeling.

It's obvious. You seem like bullies to one person. I read some posts. Rude & unkind but why label troll? 

There is so much desperation from the posters above to cover up that you ban anyone who doesn't agree with you. Well we should see what the other fansite this person is creating will be like.  

Annamarie, this is libel you write accuse someone of being crazy. Maybe they sue this site?

And Amal is so intimidating   everyone said like his friends, that no one would go near her. Especially since her relatives are arms dealer or that. AK47
I don't think this marriage is real.
No one does. I met G. 
Read social media comments everywhere 90% think is showbiz.

Last edited by Leon Fellini on Wed 08 Jul 2015, 17:51; edited 2 times in total
Leon Felini
Leon Felini
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 08 Jul 2015, 17:33

Oh hello Leon Fellini welcome back and I was just waiting for you to come out. Took you few days right.
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Leon Felini Wed 08 Jul 2015, 17:35

Hello.
Leon Felini
Leon Felini

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 08 Jul 2015, 17:44

Yes hello and I kindly like to remind you to play nice like everyone on here if you want to enjoy this Forum. Thank you.
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Leon Felini Wed 08 Jul 2015, 17:49

Dankeschön, Schatzi.

Is year ago Deutschland won FIFA. Give Flowers2
Tschüß
Leon Felini
Leon Felini

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 08 Jul 2015, 18:03

Everyone has a right to their opinions, we just don't all agree we agree to disagree here. The troll was nasty and disrespectful to all of us and that should not be tolerated.

Last edited by annemarie on Wed 08 Jul 2015, 18:13; edited 1 time in total

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 08 Jul 2015, 18:05

If anyone should be sued it's the troll making up crap as he goes. She needs mental help asap.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 08 Jul 2015, 18:23

Nasty, disrespectful, rude and slanderous.  Agree to disagree as annemarie said. Sometimes we stray a bit.  The kinds of comments made by this troll shouldn't be allowed on any public site IMO.  They serve no purpose except to inflame.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 08 Jul 2015, 18:49

There are times when I feel we are too sensitive or politically correct - that opinions that aren't favorable to Amal or George are smacked down and called rude or worse. I've been on the receiving end of some of those comments myself, but I realize they come from an honest difference of opinion and we can get along quite well if we agree to accept that people have a right to different opinions.

That said, what isn't acceptable are nasty, unsupported, libelous comments made solely to get attention - of any kind. Our visitor, whether mentally disturbed or not, is desperate for attention, I suggest we ignore her until she gets bored and goes somewhere else to get her jollies.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 08 Jul 2015, 20:10

LIzzyNY , she has been on imbd board for years saying the same crazy nonsense. She is mentally ill and I think believes what she is saying . I remember reading that she got close to George's parents at a premiere and freaked them out. She has targeted this site for some weird reason . She freaked out today I guess because we ignored her and  she was banned it got to her and she went off.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 08 Jul 2015, 23:11

annemarie - I've seen her posts on other sites. They're pretty easy to spot as she tends to repeat herself. I guess no one was paying any attention to her, so she decided to visit COH again and see if she could get a rise out of us.

She's a pain in the butt and an annoyance, but more than anything else she's really, really sad. I wish she had someone in her real life who could get her some help.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 08 Jul 2015, 23:22

I have seen her on here and today was the worse she has ever been as far as I can remember. I wonder if there are people in her life do they know about her obsession with George and how out of control she is.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 09 Jul 2015, 02:05

I don't have much sympathy for this person.  If indeed she did act out in front of George's parents she has probably acted out in other situations. People who know this person would have been witness to her behavior. Either she is not grounded in reality or she is just full of BS and is trying to get attention any way she can.  That's the advantage of being anoymous on a public site.
None of us know either way.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 09 Jul 2015, 02:23

I think there is something mentally wrong with her , she has been carrying on like this for years. I would think you would get tired if you were just out to cause trouble and find something new to say . She just repeats the same things over and over which makes me think she is obsessed with George.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by oldweston Thu 09 Jul 2015, 02:47

I am astounding myself. 10 posts. I will need to go back to shy for a while after this one.  Very Happy I agree with everything that has been said. Frankly this level of anger, angst and over the top lashing out is disturbing. I recoil. But at least this is clearly recognizable for what it is. I also read the commentary occasionally on the Amal Clooney fashion site - particularly when the post is focused on her work. I have noticed several contributors who comment in a way that is actually quite nasty but where the comments are cloaked in a veneer of "expertise". I find it a bit creepy frankly because there are enough "facts" that I know to be highly questionable and because anyone who actually had any real expertise would simply not be commenting with the tone that is used. The creepy part is that using the "expertise" card means no one challenges them. Me included. I strongly suspect that these are completely fictional identities used by people whose mail goal is to be just plain nasty.  Anonymity is a scary thing. I really believe that one should have a higher obligation to truthfulness and objectivity when one is speaking without disclosing one's identity. Apparently this view isn't widely shared. Very Happy One of the reasons I enjoy reading here so much is that while there is anonymity for sure one is able to get a real sense, or so I feel, of the personalities of the regular posters. There is respect and kindness. So basically I hate it when one of the nasty types drop in. So glad to see them go. Very Happy

oldweston

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 09 Jul 2015, 03:03

oldweston please don't be shy.  You always bring really thoughtful comments and reason to our discussions.  
I have always taken issue with anonymous posters who choose to spew anger and slanderous comments on sites.  Nasty or snarky comments at someone else's expense when it's nothing more than an opinion and not based on fact is irresponsible ... at the very least cowardly.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by janieb Thu 09 Jul 2015, 04:34

It's very sad that this person has basically taken over George's IMDb board and no one else can post on it for fear of being attacked by this person.  She (or he, equal opportunity) really needs some help because I fear, one day, they will take it to the next level and actually harm George or Amal.  I truly don't understand the level of obsessive behavior that this person exhibits.
janieb
janieb
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 09 Jul 2015, 11:38

janieb ,as I said before I think that is why Amal has security when out and about in Los Angeles. If she is doing this here what is she doing to them.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Leon Felini Thu 09 Jul 2015, 12:53

I think this person (or several people with different writing styles on IM data Base) have right to expressing themselves too. Cannot only be PR people controlling.
Why again some of you posters above accuse in libellous way? They can take legal action against this site.  Who can say they are mentally challenged and you are not when some of you specifically post one obvious agenda of promotion???  You  medical practioners to make diagnosis or psychologists?  One way opinion or hit the highway? 

Independent readers are not so blind & naive to not see deception.

Seriously, anyone would be more afraid of Amal Alamuddin & her family, than she of anyone else.  Her friend at one of the several weddings last year gave speech that she AA is "intimidating to men."   affraid

She looks very tall & androgynous woman. IMO.
No one would approach her.  

She's not a celebrity. Delusional to think she needs a security. Especially since marriage seems so fake.  She may think she's a star but I don't think George Clooney's fans would really care about who she is. Just another publicity partner.

Looking at her next to petite delicate feminine Nina Clooney, Amal Alamuddin looks total contrast.

Scaring. IMO.

Anyway, you can see the fans here  by choices of their profile avatars. Like JanieB's pic above where G is looking way over in horizon with sad, defeated look on his face.

Is after he made that generic speech about love, no? At Golden Globos. I think about love & how he has been waiting all his years and at 53 still not found love.  

Then stopped to talk to some hostesses....

Then next paragraph he talk of alchemy to bring them together for this showbiz marriage union deal. IMO. 
Leon Felini
Leon Felini

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 09 Jul 2015, 14:27

Leon Fellini - Everything we see is open to interpretation and everyone views the world through the filter of their own life experiences. So we all see things differently and have different opinions about common topics. The issue for me is how those opinions are expressed.

You're entitled to believe their marriage is a sham or that Amal is not attractive. You are entitled to say just that. It's your opinion. But you can't express your opinion by name-calling or lying - especially about someone you don't even know. I'm not a huge Amal fan, and I did have my doubts about this marriage, but to discuss them in the way our troll did is just way over the line of common decency.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenn Thu 09 Jul 2015, 14:37

Ignore the idiot.

Mopping up the mess I hate u warning  troll
Jenn
Jenn
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 09 Jul 2015, 15:13

You can believe whatever you want I don't have to agree with you. The troll is crazy and needs help , I will not be called names and disrespected by anyone. No one deserves to be treated and talked about in such a filthy and foul manner. Amal has done nothing to anyone other than marry George. We on here have done nothing but be fans of George. This board has rules and most of us try to follow them, if you can't follow the rules perhaps the person needs to go else where.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 09 Jul 2015, 15:17

We know the troll with the mental problem will come back it is hard to ignore when you  and others are being disrespected.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Thu 09 Jul 2015, 15:54

UDonnamarie wrote:oldweston please don't be shy.  You always bring really thoughtful comments and reason to our discussions.  
I have always taken issue with anonymous posters who choose to spew anger and slanderous comments on sites.  Nasty or snarky comments at someone else's expense when it's nothing more than an opinion and not based on fact is irresponsible ... at the very least cowardly.
Agree with you except I think there is often a wide gulf between snark and slander, venom and nasty.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 09 Jul 2015, 16:08

Amen Fava.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 09 Jul 2015, 19:04

I didn't take anything the troll said about me or anyone else on COH seriously at all.

I took it all as pathetic ramblings of someone 
attention seeking while cowardly hiding behind its computers screen. 
Very boring really....and thank you Nicky for 
removing such drivel. sunny
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 09 Jul 2015, 19:11

Leone Felini wrote:
Independent readers are not so blind & naive to not see deception.

Correct.

We are not stupid. Don't pretend you are someone different now.

As long you follow the house rules you can enjoy this Forum under your new user Name. Let's see how long this gonna work.
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 09 Jul 2015, 19:17

Joanna wrote:I didn't take anything the troll said about me or anyone else on COH seriously at all.

I took it all as pathetic ramblings of someone 
attention seeking while cowardly hiding behind its computers screen. 
Very boring really....and thank you Nicky for 
removing such drivel. sunny

Hey Jo you should take care what the troll said about you. It means she is a fan of you she was watching you for a while. she is reading here for a while. I'm sure the troll wishes to be like you. But you are so unique it is impossible....So she let her Anger out to Show she can not be like you or anyone else here she offended. lol! lol! lol! lol!

AH Jo Hug1

and to all she offended I like you all Hug1 Hug1 Hug1 Hug1 Hug1 I'm so glad you are all here. (yes the German can Show Feelings LOL)
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 09 Jul 2015, 20:29

You go Nicky I knew you or someone else would see through the new name.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 09 Jul 2015, 20:37

Sorry for making a quick Obvious comment. flower

This is a Fan Forum for George Clooney Fans, 
which obviously covers both his professional life 
and personal life.

Therefore it's not surprising that there are regular 
positive, friendly, even loving comments made 
about George.
 It's the nature of Fan Forums and has 
nothing to do with PR.

IMO anyway, until someone can Prove otherwise !

I wrote all the above before being interrupted
by eating my evening meal, so have just read
your lovely and funny comments Nicky. 
So Thank you.  Give Flowers2

I've thought for a very long time that the 
person who comes here from time to time to try 
to disrupt the friendly atmosphere on here must keep
a very large dossier on all of us and the comments we write.
Which is a very pathetic occupation for anyone IMO.

So "Get a Life troll."  Try to do something useful with your life.
Try to use all that energy to make someone else's life better,
rather than being wrapped up in your own little world.

This life is a precious gift and it seems such a shame 
for you to waste yours in the way that you do.

Thus endeth the sermon for today.  lol!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Thu 09 Jul 2015, 20:53

I've noticed trolls on other sites before and am always confused about their intentions to join forums like this. The internet gives us a lot of anonymity  so some people seem to express themselves without respecting others.

I know we should ignore them but if they are writing comments about everything and everyone on every single thread that's really annoying and may us stop writing and discussing.

I also think we should always remember that we are talking about real people. To me it doesn't matter that none of them is reading here. When I read some comments I sometimes think how much it would hurt me to read this about myself.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 09 Jul 2015, 21:16

Amen Joanna. 

Nicky you're a very passionate Girl!  German or not!

And carolhathaway your last paragraph in particular hits the nail on the head for me.  That's why I am not even a fan of most snarky/nasty comments.  A lot of those comments may be intended just to be funny but the comments are about real people. Because they may be celebrities shouldnt make posters feel entitled to demean them for the sake of a good joke.  That's my take.  Im sure there are many fellow posters here who totally disagree with me.  I know there are few who love snark!
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 09 Jul 2015, 21:20

The fact for me is Amal and George are human beings no one has to like them, but it would be nice to have some respect for them. None of us have to approve of Amal, George loves her and married her. He obviously knows her better than we do. I also hope that Amals niece never reads any of this it would be terrible for her to see the nasty things said about her aunt and uncle.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by premiere Fri 10 Jul 2015, 02:22

I think that sometimes people (myself included) forget that this is a fan forum. There are plenty of other places where you can discuss the negatives of George and Amal. We need to respect the feelings of the people on this forum who are such superfans of George. Let's just take it elsewhere if we feel like being snarky.
premiere
premiere
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Leon Felini Fri 10 Jul 2015, 03:38

There is no way in the world that this "fan forum" is run by "super fans" or is independent. IMO. Not that it is wrong for a professional team of shills to run a fansite. It would be expected.  
Embarassing for George Clooney. Especially of he is besotted with his fake public image.

There may be a genuine independent fan or two posting occasionally sporadically, but this is an ever so obvious operation of a professionally run PR fansite.

Look at the extremely defensive, over-compensating efforts above by certain obvious posters to prove otherwise.  Going to elaborate lengths to justify it.
And bullying tactics if anyone disagrees.

The latter is a dead giveaway. 
There is no room for differing opinion.  
Some posters here are extreme. Congregating together to back each other.

It lacks the authentic feel of a genuine fansite but rather like a professional site serving as launching pad of press releases, steering opinions by seeming controlling "public" discourse, information control.

So, if anyone disagrees, they are bullied out. Or banned.  But I guess a site discussing negative aspects of George Clooney & his PR does not exist... yet. 

It is well documented that these types of fansites are run by PR teams. This one here feels so typically  like that.

A lot of effort put in above to defend it.  Too apologetic. 

IMO.
Leon Felini
Leon Felini

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 10 Jul 2015, 03:56

I don't mind snark or sarcasm but a lot of the time it doesn't translate over the net. I can't see the person and their actual expression. Therefore sometimes it comes off as nasty or mean. There is simply no reason to call Amal , George or any members of this fan site names. If you don't like someone there is such a thing as tact not every nasty mean and vicious thought has to be spoken. I think for the most part we all get along and can agree to disagree without nastiness.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Leon Felini Fri 10 Jul 2015, 04:32

I don't think anyone hates AA because she is George Clooney's 2nd wife.  Nor  TB, the first wife. Nor pretty, petite, feminine Celine.
George Clooney has had so many partners. No one would hate yet another in his collection. He seems like a very emotionally needy man when he talks in interviews about his relationships.

My opinion, (like hundreds I read online) about AA is that she is very manly featured & unattractive, but I cannot dislike a person for that.  So no one should comment about appearance except that the gossip media press releases are over-exaggerating absurd that it becomes ridiculous. Then comments call her offensive names about her appearance, even in airbrushed pics.. 

The marriage does not feel genuine at all. So, most comments are snarky that this is a "Rock Hudson" or "Tom Cruise" bogus marriage. Just no compatability nor chemistry.

People are too time poor to waste on reading about unappealing celebrities when in fact media is flooded with so many. Unless someone is doing case study or works in PR.  

The novelty of George Clooney marrying again after years of his preplanned PR team waxing lyrical that he would not again in order to create intrigue & sensationalism has worn off. And it felt so fake & staged. He failed to create admiration because the protagonist chosen to play the wife was not appealing.  Badly scripted. Too bad for him.

I guess that is why people tune out  except for  the small congregation of "fans" praising here on this site and who go to painstaking lengths to discuss  photo-ops fashion parade...in this here George Clooney site. 
More attention to the latest publicity partner than to whom this site is ostensibly dedicated, no?
Leon Felini
Leon Felini

Back to top Go down

Post by Leon Felini Fri 10 Jul 2015, 04:51

Nicky80 wrote:

(yes the German can Show Feelings LOL)

Of course Germans can, Nicky. It's just stereotypes of German people created by foreign media.  
Yet Sgt Schultz in Hogan's Heroes was popular for being so bubbly, kind & loveable ....

Hug1
Leon Felini
Leon Felini

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Fri 10 Jul 2015, 10:22

Another fact I would like to remind everybody about is that English is not everybody's mother tongue. We know of some members here where they come from so we know their mother tongue isn't. I'm German so I sometimes get lost about not knowing what everybody's writing about. I don't use translation programs because I often don't find them helpful (as we stated here quite some times with funny translations). So when somebody might just be sarcastic or funny some readers might misunderstand their intention - just think everybody at the UN would speak Chinese not using interpreters, no matter where they come from and they don't know the nuances of this language. This might get us into a little t Letting off steam rouble...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 10 Jul 2015, 10:30

True carolhathaway things can sometimes not translate well in writing.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next