George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
Our Opinions - What Does George Want in His Life? - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Our Opinions - What Does George Want in His Life? - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
Our Opinions - What Does George Want in His Life? - Page 2 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Our Opinions - What Does George Want in His Life? - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Our Opinions - What Does George Want in His Life? - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Our Opinions - What Does George Want in His Life? - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Our Opinions - What Does George Want in His Life? - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Our Opinions - What Does George Want in His Life? - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Our Opinions - What Does George Want in His Life? - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Our Opinions - What Does George Want in His Life?

+22
cupcake
ktsue2002
theminis
Rachel
fava
Mazy
Carla97
playfuldeb
mosaic
madsky
What Would He Say
Lakin460
Joanna
melbert
Juliette Hardy
bamboochacha
it's me
party animal - not!
LornaDoone
blubelle
Nicky80
Lighterside
26 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Our Opinions - What Does George Want in His Life? - Page 2 Empty Re: Our Opinions - What Does George Want in His Life?

Post by What Would He Say Tue 23 Jul 2013, 00:11

Juliette Hardy wrote:
what would he say wrote:Ooh how i look forward to lunch...today i learnt:

1) From Juliette; 'hundreds of years of psychology of human behaviour....It's an innate human desire. We're not solitary species"....DIDN'T KNOW THAT..I WILL TRY HARDER...

Gee, you forgot to add the defining component of  the full sentence, dear WWHS.

"research analysis of hundreds of years of psychology of human behavior."

Easy to Google.  Pscychology studies available online.
No major revelation.   From Freud & so on....

You are Brill, Juliette....!!!...x
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Our Opinions - What Does George Want in His Life? - Page 2 Empty Re: Our Opinions - What Does George Want in His Life?

Post by theminis Tue 23 Jul 2013, 00:18

I don't think Georges version of his life includes the happy ever after fairytale that most people think he needs to be a complete person - he is far too busy with film/causes/ and living it up to the max -

As he said once the only thing he knows to be true is that this life will not be wasted!!

theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Hardy Tue 23 Jul 2013, 00:40

Well, he's not a robot who just works...works..works...
& has temporary part-time zero chemistry showbiz relationships as he lives it up to the max on the red carpet.

And not everyone thinks a happy-ever-after-fairytale involves kiddies. Many couples choose to remain childless & just enjoy each others company.  Children are a huge responsibility.

Human beings all desire a significant  other half to share their life for companionship & to support one another.  Unless they're monastic hermits.
Not just friends & family either.
They may not find someone, therefore prefer to remain alone ....or compromise.
But it's a human need to have a companion.
Juliette Hardy
Juliette Hardy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Tue 23 Jul 2013, 00:55

No hes not a robot and its only your assumption that he has always had zero chemistry partners - no-one knows what goes on behind closed doors - George has well and truly had his share of love on and off the carpet, or on the carpet if that is what he prefers!!

The point is no-one other than him knows the true extent of all his relationships, anything else is pure conjecture, fantasy and wishful thinking.

Its normal to want companionship perhaps but that doesn't have to mean long-term forever after with one person type of companionship.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Tue 23 Jul 2013, 01:14

I don't really understand the thread....

Re: Our Opinions - What Does George Want in His Life?

We don't know and can't know....as I already said it's the future and anything can happen...

As in the man who didn't like water, refused to learn to swim, said he never would......and then found himself on a sinking boat, did he fold his arms and whistle Dixie....or did he try to swim like F***....NOBODY KNOWS WHAT TOMORROW WILL BRING.....X
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Hardy Tue 23 Jul 2013, 01:18

My assumption alone? Try hundreds of comments & Tweets. I haven't read so many multiple Tweets of numerous people scoffing "PR arrangement" or "contract."

Moreover, as others have posted on this forum, he lacks any chemistry with the last two girlfriends. Oh, sure, he suddenly grew shy of PDAs when he hit 48...

No one but he knows the extent of his relationships except those involved or privy to such information...
Nevertheless, his body language says a lot. He's a brillant actor & could put in the efort to act "in love" or even affectionate, but he doesn't even bother.

Juliette Hardy
Juliette Hardy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Tue 23 Jul 2013, 01:30

Well then I must be in the minority because I don't buy the zero chemistry angle with both his last GF's - photos are but a snippet in time and do not give the complete story - maybe people to prefer to spout the zero chemistry nonsense because they cannot cope with the idea that George genuinely liked these women and wanted to be with them and show them off to the world on the red carpet. Anyway, as to the question what Does George Want in his Life - maybe he doesn't know?
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Tue 23 Jul 2013, 02:00

Hi Rachel & WWHS, the majority of the people here want whatever makes George happy. Most of what you are saying goes along with we have said, maybe worded a little differently. There also are many of us that love very much. My family calls George my obsession and I guess he is I love him and always will like others here. We express it in our own way.

Others are here because they are fans and love George in their way. But we care for his happiness and fullfillment as the creative person that he is. This just me and my opinion.
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by ktsue2002 Tue 23 Jul 2013, 02:17

Mazy wrote:Hi Rachel & WWHS, the majority of the people here want whatever makes George happy. Most of what you are saying goes along with we have said, maybe worded a little differently. There also are many of us that love very much. My family calls George my obsession and I guess he is I love him and always will like others here. We express it in our own way.

Others are here because they are fans and love George in their way. But we care for his happiness and fullfillment as the creative person that he is. This just me and my opinion.

Amen Mazy!!! And a greenie for you! I love him too and just want him to be happy!! I also want my hug, just like my avatar woman!! I don't think that is too much to ask!! Hug1 Hug1 Hug1 
ktsue2002
ktsue2002
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 23 Jul 2013, 03:01

If you're in the minority, Themi, then I'll join you. In fact, it seemed to me that Our Hero was more animated and natural on the red carpet (and keen to introduce friends and colleagues) with Stacy Keibler than I've ever seen him before, e g Tony Bennett at the Oscars, and vice versa with the American Football player.

It's clear that he doesn't really enjoy these events, (and he must get sick of the same questions all the time) and I think she helped him in some ways.........

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Tue 23 Jul 2013, 03:07

Yep I agree PAN - her enthusiasm was definitely a help, as George can be quite insecure
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Tue 23 Jul 2013, 03:12

what would he say wrote:I don't really understand the thread....

Re: Our Opinions - What Does George Want in His Life?

We don't know and can't know....as I already said it's the future and anything can happen...

As in the man who didn't like water, refused to learn to swim, said he never would......and then found himself on a sinking boat, did he fold his arms and whistle Dixie....or did he try to swim like F***....NOBODY KNOWS WHAT TOMORROW WILL BRING.....X

That title is what I came up with after reading the comments that went off topic in the Eva Longoria thread. It may not be accurate but that's what is seemed the discussion was about. So if the title doesn't make sense that's my bad.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 23 Jul 2013, 03:18

It makes sense to me.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Hardy Tue 23 Jul 2013, 03:28

Aww, shucks! Sorry to be part of the majority then...
But IMO, and many others here & everywhere, he & Stacy seemed more like buddies/ drinking pals.  Like he is with Gio, quite frankly.
He appeared more at ease with Stacy, in that respect.
Not romantic & protective like other couples by comparison.  Grant, Matt, Ben...& their respective wives...
On the other hand, he seemed more tense & uncomfortable with EC. Like she was harder to control due to temper issues?

There were hardly any PDAs with his last two "girlfriends" either...
Only the obligatory peck on the lips after he won an award & that seemed an effort.

ANYWAY, IT's all history now.. We'll see what lies ahead...

What does he want then in order to not look so complacent or  in agony next to these "girlfriends" I wonder.. Love?   Compatibility?   Chemistry?  

scratch
Juliette Hardy
Juliette Hardy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Tue 23 Jul 2013, 03:38

fine line between agony and ecstacy
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Tue 23 Jul 2013, 13:14

No Lorna, not your bad...It was just me I got my threads confused....somewhere somebody was blaming a Barbara Walters interview for George sticking to his "no wed" rule; as if made hostage by his own words.

Where as IMO George is more than capable of laughing off a change in circumstance......i.e red carpet next year with Mrs Eva C or Mrs Stacy C or A N Other....
"No NO NO! I did NOT change my mind, I simply had a change of HEART and my mind was the collateral damage" pointing to massive wedding ring and head!....job done...I should work in PR....

If he want's it, he will go for it, he won't let a years old interview hold him back, as I said anything can happen....EOPM.....X
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by madsky Tue 23 Jul 2013, 15:05

Okay I feel for George a bit more now he must feel misunderstood a lot.  No one on this thread to my knowledge said that the old Barbara Walters interview made him not marry.  Just wondered if he regretted the interview because the marriage question and that interview come up with him even though he said it almost twenty years ago.  I am sure he would be asked about marriage, but I think the interview made it more prominent.  Also, I think he is better at interviews now than he was  then and would probably word it differently.

Also, I don't agree with those who feel Stacy's helped him at events and that George doesn't like them. He may be insecure, I don't know, but he always to me seemed like he a pro at the red carpets and enjoys them.  He is much better and interesting at interviews on the red carpet than a lot of actors.  I think Stacy was certainly better than the other girlfriends, because she matched his enthusiasm, especially compared to Eli.  But I always kind of attributed Eli's attitude to the fact that she couldn't speak English very well, but looking at Eli now I think she is a bit of an intense personality to say the least.

I think George may have picked Stacy to date for a while because she is personality wise very different from Eli.  More go with the flow just fun.  Keeping with the topic -wonder what he will want now?  Maybe something in the middle between the two is my guess.

madsky
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by cupcake Tue 23 Jul 2013, 15:56

He will want me , Pick ME Cool 
cupcake
cupcake
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Tue 23 Jul 2013, 16:23

The Barbara Walters interview was not an aberration-- I also recall him saying on Oprah that he would never get married again. (and I am sure there are probably other instances) He was dating Celine at the time, yet told Oprah that he was "D-O-N-E" with marriage. Granted, he was a lot younger, but this is something he has repeated a numer of times. I think he believes it. Whether a woman will come along who can change his mind is another issue......

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Hardy Tue 23 Jul 2013, 16:50

More recent.  January, 2011.

Piers Morgan interview:

Morgan asked whether Nick was 'yearning for the moment' his son would walk down the aisle.

Nick Clooney turned to his 49-year-old son and said: 'I want you to think about that. I want you to think about - we've been married - Nina and I have been married 51 years.'

But Clooney didn't seem keen on the idea of more nuptials....
'I hate to blow your whole news story,' he said. 'But I was married, so I gave it a shot.'
Clooney insisted his one attempt at married life ought to have 'proven how good I was at it.'
He wouldn't answer when Morgan asked whether he would ever tie the knot again and swiftly changed the subject.

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  - 1349685/George-Clooney-Talia-Balsam-gave-marriage-shot-tells-Piers-Morgan.html#ixzz2ZssDnWI5
Juliette Hardy
Juliette Hardy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 23 Jul 2013, 17:45

.....and good for him that he did change the subject. 
He must get so sick of that personal question all the time. As his mother says "It's his business"

It's like asking a married couple " so you going to have children then?" all the time.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Tue 23 Jul 2013, 19:11

Whatever George wants is something we'll really never know. But whatever it is, I hope he gets it and is happy with it.

I like Rachel's summation of his character; interesting points.

And I'm glad no one drank bottles of piss this morning so that the thread could be more congenial! Thank you
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by cupcake Fri 26 Jul 2013, 14:04

well he want's to make movies that he likes , spend time with his friends , and have a great time and being free of obligations rollingsmiley rollingsmiley 
cupcake
cupcake
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 26 Jul 2013, 14:16

Well
I don't think so
I think he wants a (normal) love life too
As we all
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Fri 26 Jul 2013, 17:08

Food and sleep is life.
Seriously. Yahooooo 
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 26 Jul 2013, 18:40

LOOL Carla
Sure 
After some... exercise Wink
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Hardy Fri 26 Jul 2013, 20:06

Yes.

And play... work...&...LOVE.

All perfectly balanced in harmony.
Juliette Hardy
Juliette Hardy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Fri 26 Jul 2013, 22:40

A massaging chair? I saw very nice one resently and it was so, not only beautiful piece of furniture (unlike the ones I´ve seen before), but extremely comfortable. I want one!

It's a terrible thing to know what you want and to know you can't have it at all. I don´t mean the chair now. Smile
Carla97
Carla97

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 26 Jul 2013, 23:44

Terrible
Yes
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Hardy Sat 27 Jul 2013, 10:50

Carla97 wrote:

It's a terrible thing to know what you want and to know you can't have it at all. I don´t mean the chair now. Smile

But as the saying goes, "where there's a will, there's a way."
I think he probably could work around it, if he wanted.
He's smart, determined, influential & in a position to accomplish so much.
Juliette Hardy
Juliette Hardy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Sat 27 Jul 2013, 11:37

ok I´ll try to guess one more time
good date
as it is international date night (Sat.)

Mine is nothing to brag about. He has close to none when it comes to sense of humour but he has tickets to what I want to see tonight. sunny 
Carla97
Carla97

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 27 Jul 2013, 12:16

-But as the saying goes, "where there's a will, there's a way."

Never heard
Interesting saying
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Hardy Sat 27 Jul 2013, 12:29

@ Carla 97 - enjoy your show then...

No date for me.
Just Crepacuore... or what's left of it...
So lots of stirare & no carezza...for now.
Juliette Hardy
Juliette Hardy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sat 27 Jul 2013, 13:13

The only way to heal the heart is by filling your world with happiness;

Don't read anything sad,
Don't watch anything sad
Don't play sad songs.

Everything you do should either make you laugh out loud, or just plain happy. So stuff the stirare, time to make paper airplanes...or whatever else makes you smile....XXX

What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Sat 27 Jul 2013, 13:28

Still I´m betting on a good date for him Smile

The open air theatre is all I´m going to enjoy - I´m afraid.

So a good date would be nice.

I´m pretty good at spotting "good ones" for my friends. And what you ask is what you get. Not so long ago a friend asked me to look for an exciting guy for her, it was a happy hour in upscale undisclosed location. I did. I talked to the guy that seemed to be full of life and he was really promising. Maybe six months later she complaint that she hadn´t heard from him but saw his picture in the newspaper. Interpoll had him on the most wanted list also.

To correct this error, I found a new one for her. Just to be sure I asked if he had robbed any banks lately. He hadn´t. He said, jeez, pay attention, banks do not have money anymore. You need to establish one. I asked if he is a banker, he said no. I am a sailor. What kind of boat you have? I sail from bar to bar, he replied.

Interesting, no my friend didn´t think so.

In this respect I have very, very conservative solution for tonight.

Crepacuore? Piemonte? Is it a place near serravalle or something like that, I think I have drove by.
Yes, what would he say, you are right. Beautiful things, what ever makes you happy, I agree. sunny 
Carla97
Carla97

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Hardy Sat 27 Jul 2013, 13:51

what would he say wrote:The only way to heal the heart is by filling your world with happiness;
Takes time with crepacuore...
You're so positive & happy. Thanks for the advice. flower 
Bacione X

Well, back to Mr C...
I guess what he wants is probably concealed in his heart.
No one would really know, I imagine. He wouldn't reveal it publicly.
He's a private person.
Juliette Hardy
Juliette Hardy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 27 Jul 2013, 14:23

Sure
We all know

Why crepacuore honey? Don't!! Go do what you please more, it's a good adv !

I studied a bit this mo
(made some upgrade)
Then a bit exercise and some cleaning the house
And I'm fine!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 27 Jul 2013, 16:37

Interesting commentary in this thread.  

I don't think the Walters interview stopped him from marrying but I think his own sense of pride (or stubbornness) may have more to do with it.

What I mean is once that was thrown out there and once it became such a media focus, even if George did find a gal he would consider a life partner, he probably would not marry her because it would then make him look foolish.  Or maybe a better way to say what I'm trying to say is that it would then compromise his sense of integrity.

I know it doesn't make sense in some respects but I'm going here with Taurus traits and maybe projecting what I would feel in this situation since I'm also a Taurus.

George made a comment years ago that now he probably feel going against would compromise his integrity and sense of honesty.  (In whatever level he believes his honesty to be in which others may disagree with so I'm noting that here).

In a moment of honesty about how horrific his divorce was for him, he made a statement that now, after all these years of having to defend it, would make him look weak if he did not follow it through.

And I also think that situation really did sour him on the aspect of marriage that gives another person, who perhaps had nothing to do with his success, suddenly the legal right to take at least half of everything he had worked so hard for if things did not work out for them.

I think that's where the resentment with Talia really had its base.  She came from a well-to-do family and yet when they broke up she fought him tooth and nail for everything he had.  

I think the unfairness of that situation is what really hurt him and he's never forgotten it, and he's made up his mind that he's never going to be in that situation again.

I know that's how I would think.

Now the problem with this is that so many women have an expectation of marriage and children (because that's what society has drilled into them since birth) that they can't imagine a man not wanting to give them that if he "loved them."

So George might have found someone he loved enough to want to spend the rest of his life with, but if she insisted on marriage, then the relationship would be doomed from the start.

Let's say George DID pick a gal to date that many would find a perfect match for him.  No objectionable past, a career of her own perhaps, etc.  then if he did not marry this one who WAS the type we would want to see him marry, then society would start to somehow find fault with the woman and she would also be subject to negative commentary and conjecture.

"Well, what's wrong with her that he won't marry her?"

And the woman then becomes the person with some flaw when in reality, it's George who is flawed.

Look, despite my issues with his companion choices over the last few years, I like George. He's a good person in many respects, accomplished, a hard worker, a good filmmaker, a dedicated and compassionate humanitarian, and I hear from comments a good and loyal friend. But no woman is ever going to truly be accepted as someone George truly loves unless he marries her because by not doing so he gives the gossips (yes, you, me and every media outlet out there) a reason to be less respectful of that woman.  Because if "he" doesn't feel she's good enough to marry, then why should "we" feel she's good enough to be with him?

So that's why George is doomed to two year relationships.  Because he keeps picking the same type of woman; good looking to be sure, probably fun to be with, but young with no kids and although they say not, I'm sure wanting to eventually be married and with some (maybe not all) also wanting children.

George keeps looking for that perfect woman (young and secure enough to NOT be married to him and not care about what others may eventually say about her because fair or not she will take the brunt of negative commentary) but here's the secret he hasn't figured out... she doesn't exist.

And of course all that is JMO.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 27 Jul 2013, 17:30

LornaDoone wrote:What I mean is once that was thrown out there and once it became such a media focus, even if George did find a gal he would consider a life partner, he probably would not marry her because it would then make him look foolish.  Or maybe a better way to say what I'm trying to say is that it would then compromise his sense of integrity....

...George made a comment years ago that now he probably feel going against would compromise his integrity and sense of honesty.  (In whatever level he believes his honesty to be in which others may disagree with so I'm noting that here)....

...In a moment of honesty about how horrific his divorce was for him, he made a statement that now, after all these years of having to defend it, would make him look weak if he did not follow it through.  
Great write-up Lorna. HOWEVER, I've just copied a few of your comments to bring out my comment. I truly believe that IF George wants to find someone to spend his life with AND falls madly in love with them AND wants to commit to marriage, he WILL come out and say "you know what I said years ago about never wanting marriage again? Well, I have now, after all these years, found someone who I truly love and we are going to be married." I do believe that most all will be accepting of that and will respect him for announcing publicly that he had a change of heart. I don't believe that it would compromise his integrity or sense of honesty. He felt what he felt at the time, and then he changed his mind. But, for the time being, he's going to do whatever it is he wants to do. That's called free will and we ALL have that.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 27 Jul 2013, 17:43

I agree
Whenever he surely can make such statement

No one can criticize
And btw, folks, guess the world has better to care about now then a Clooney changing mind about marriage!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 27 Jul 2013, 17:45

But I'm also very sure that a real love story can make ppl dream
A bit Smile
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 27 Jul 2013, 17:51

I think that's right Mel......I ask myself why would George Clooney worry about a few negative opinions from people who don't matter and who don't know him at all ?
That's how we try to live our lives isn't it, doing what is right for ourselves and not listening to those who 
judge us ? 

We're the careers of Katie Hepburn and Spency Tracy 
ruined because of their non-married status ?

I hope George continues to have a satisfying life whatever his choices in the future.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 27 Jul 2013, 18:04

Of course he won't marry. Or if he did, we wouldn't know about for years and years because a)all the stories like 'they've been apart for a week - is this a breakup' or 'will it last as long as the last one?!' or possibly his fear of what might go wrong and it happening all over again. And apart from all that, think of the financial and legal implications, and possible wranglings

Why on earth would he want to go through all that.......again?

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 27 Jul 2013, 18:11

Herm....... Love?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Sat 27 Jul 2013, 18:17

Lorna, while I respect your position and opinion, your statement that he would lose "integrity" because of a statement made and reiterated mostly by the media, in the now distance past, doesn't allow for or encompass any room for growth or maturity within the individual. That would be really sad state of affairs if we were "married" to our thoughts, emotions and positions held when we were young and not allowed room to grow and change perspective.
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 27 Jul 2013, 18:37

Lighterside wrote:Lorna, while I respect your position and opinion, your statement that he would lose "integrity" because of a statement made and reiterated mostly by the media, in the now distance past, doesn't allow for or encompass any room for growth or maturity within the individual.  That would be really sad state of affairs if we were "married" to our thoughts, emotions and positions held when we were young and not allowed room to grow and change perspective.

I don't think that others would feel that way, my point was that HE might feel that way.

I get your point about growth and who knows, he might have already reached that point.

But I just keep getting this nagging feeling that if he felt he gave his word, (or in this case gave such a declarative and definitive statement) and then later changed his mind, then he might feel that he would lose integrity whether that were to be the reality or not.

But really, I think what sticks in his craw is the fact that once married someone else has the right to take most of his hard earned money and I don't see George going through that again.

Once bitten twice shy. And maybe in his case, twice bitten. See I think his breakup with Celine was just as hurtful to him.

Here is a woman who you knew he was head over heels in love with and when they broke up - didn't the money claws come out too? I don't know I wasn't there but just from what I had gleaned in media reports it seems that may have been something that could have caused this "never marry again" attitude he has.

Oh well, it would be nice, as others have said here, if he found someone he could truly love and who he could trust enough to stay with for longer than just a few years.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 27 Jul 2013, 19:56

Lorna, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't His Nibs once quoted as saying about the end of his relationship with Celine that there was no big explosion, and that 'they just woke up one day and didn't want to do it anymore'? Or have I imagined that?

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Hardy Sat 27 Jul 2013, 20:05

That's why there are pre-nup agreements, LornaDoone.  Why, he even did a whole comedy about it: Intolerable Cruelty.

If a woman really loves him & isn't a gold-digger or mercenary of any sort, she should agree to a pre-nup that she'd exit the relationship (if it comes to that, with whatever she had that was her own when she entered the union & any earnings she made (unaffiliated to his; like from her own career).  

People change & mature. Priorities, needs, beliefs, etc.
Love is a huge catalyst in the equation. And a rarity in frequency in a lifetime for most people.

George never answered Piers Morgan in the Jan 2011 interview when pressured if he'll ever marry again, as mentioned on another thread.

It's not necessary to be married, but he may find a long term partner &  companionship more stimulating.

Who knows?? ...I dunno 
But one thing, the public love him for his work primarily.  His private life would be respected. As are so many other actors like Matt Damon, Jeff Bridges, DDL, whose spouses keep low, supportive profiles.
Juliette Hardy
Juliette Hardy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Hardy Sat 27 Jul 2013, 20:09

it's me wrote:

I studied a bit this mo
(made some upgrade)
Then a bit exercise and some cleaning the house
And I'm fine!

Oh, grazie, It's Me! That's exactly what I need to do.  You're so sweet.  Give hearts 

Ma no capisco... What do you mean by:
"I studied a bit this mo
(made some upgrade)"

scratch
Juliette Hardy
Juliette Hardy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 27 Jul 2013, 20:18

Off topic.....

I had an old boss who used to say "what's a life without a wife....ten times worse with one" Usually when he came back from a long liquid lunch. Lol
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next