George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
The trailer for Gravity is released - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
The trailer for Gravity is released - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
The trailer for Gravity is released - Page 2 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
The trailer for Gravity is released - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
The trailer for Gravity is released - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
The trailer for Gravity is released - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
The trailer for Gravity is released - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
The trailer for Gravity is released - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
The trailer for Gravity is released - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

The trailer for Gravity is released

+23
Kimber :)
Lakin460
Nicky80
party animal - not!
George Fan
Juliette Hardy
Carla97
Mazy
theminis
LornaDoone
NotAvailable
OofOof
bunny
sarah ali
melbert
silly girl
Pink Ice 1990
playfuldeb
Atalante
laetval
Joanna
it's me
Katiedot
27 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The trailer for Gravity is released - Page 2 Empty Re: The trailer for Gravity is released

Post by it's me Thu 20 Jun 2013, 21:12

Frenchiese site talks about Venice

Again?!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

The trailer for Gravity is released - Page 2 Empty Re: The trailer for Gravity is released

Post by Mazy Thu 20 Jun 2013, 22:00

it's me wrote:Frenchiese site talks about Venice

Again?!

That would be nice, I thought it would be at Cannes but I don't know one from the other if it's not in the US. Thanks

Zen
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Fri 12 Jul 2013, 11:10

oh my
there´s something about the spacesuit and Clooney...
humorous Smile 
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 12 Jul 2013, 11:56

What baby? Tell us Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Fri 12 Jul 2013, 13:49

Obviously inspired by Toy Story, but I can´t help it, he looks like Buzz Lightyear to me!
Sci-Fi-thriller, but could be comedy...
picture it: George in a spacesuit standing at the doorway, waving goodbyes to Sandra. Not removing his helmet, saying, "I´ll be back soon!" with his sexy voice. - yeah right! Before leaving for his extra planetary travel, which will last ad infinitum and beyond, as he has no intention to return back to her.
Carla97
Carla97

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 12 Jul 2013, 14:37

Oh my! No?!?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 29 Jul 2013, 12:03

New trailer......This looks great on full screen !

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Hardy Mon 29 Jul 2013, 12:37

I think I'll pop an antiemetic for motion sickness or munch on raw ginger to see this in 3D. pale

Juliette Hardy
Juliette Hardy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 01 Aug 2013, 06:52

More trailers:

Sorry if any of these are duplicates but I haven't seen them here.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by George Fan Thu 01 Aug 2013, 07:12

Looks like a bunch of idiotic incompetent panicky astronauts. Nothing like the real ones.

George Fan
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 01 Aug 2013, 07:24

Honey? Were you there to see? Tell us what you know
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Hardy Thu 01 Aug 2013, 09:21

George Fan wrote:Looks like a bunch of idiotic incompetent panicky astronauts. Nothing like the real ones.

Ordinarily, astronauts do not encounter these type of accidents. If they did, then they'd probably panic  & given the lack of gravity, behave in what seems restrictive incompetence. Without gravitational force, anyone would be seemingly immobilized accordingly.

I think the performances are brilliant from viewing the trailers & reflect the situation which is critical.
Suspense & tension is intensified. Especially in 3D it would be quite an experience.
Juliette Hardy
Juliette Hardy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Thu 01 Aug 2013, 17:30

Juliette Hardy wrote:
George Fan wrote:Looks like a bunch of idiotic incompetent panicky astronauts. Nothing like the real ones.

Ordinarily, astronauts do not encounter these type of accidents. If they did, then they'd probably panic  & given the lack of gravity, behave in what seems restrictive incompetence. Without gravitational force, anyone would be seemingly immobilized accordingly.

I think the performances are brilliant from viewing the trailers & reflect the situation which is critical.
Suspense & tension is intensified. Especially in 3D it would be quite an experience.

EXACTLY
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 01 Aug 2013, 20:01

Thanks for the whole coverage

Terrorizzante
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 02 Aug 2013, 05:48

Juliette Hardy wrote:Ordinarily, astronauts do not encounter these type of accidents. If they did, then they'd probably panic  & given the lack of gravity, behave in what seems restrictive incompetence. Without gravitational force, anyone would be seemingly immobilized accordingly.
Hmm, I'm not so sure about that. Astronauts do have to practice spacewalking simply because it's required to inspect or repair the outside of space craft. Certainly those on the ISS had to know how to do this just in case. I'd assume there'd be training for how to act in case of emergency.

Not sure I understood your comment about lack of gravity immobilising people. It's the other way round: lack of gravity gives complete freedom to move in any direction, including up, which we gravity-bound earthlings don't experience.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Hardy Fri 02 Aug 2013, 10:14

Well, undoubtedly astronauts go through intensive training for months in preparation for space travel. Including extra-vehicular activity.

From historical data known to the general public not many astronauts have encountered disasters or technical malfunctions like those challenging the two characters in the Gravity film trailer.  
Data lists 18 fatalaties of astronauts & 31 incidents of non-fatal malfunction in human spaceflight. Yet there have been 300 human spaceflight missions.

In reply to other poster's comment calling them "incompetent, panicky, nothing like the real ones," I suggested that if faced with such a serious life-threatening disaster, "real" astronauts would panic despite their extensive training. Also considering that it may be some unexpected situation they cannot resolve.

As for the force of gravity, taking the premise of Einstein's theory of general relativity, it's  the attractive force between two objects at a fixed distance & determined by the mass of each.
Gravity never reaches zero, though it gets close. Astronauts in space experiencing weightlessness give that illusion because their shuttle is in a continuous state of freefall to earth, yet because it travels at approximately 18mph, opposes the force of gravity.  
Similarly, satellites & any other projectiles will stay in orbit at a velocity trajectory that matches the curvature of the earth.
The ISS, for example, fully orbits the earth every 90minutes.

Anyway, astronauts in microgravity experience  weightlessness. If you consider this "complete freedom to move in any direction", well, that's one interpretation.
Microgravity is immobilising  due to a lack of gravity flowing through the body, a person is restricted from normal activities. They have to be strapped in harnesses & fixed to larger mass objects like the spacecraft.

P.S. Blood flowing through the body is directly influenced by gravity. Therefore, in that sense in microgravity the circulatory system in a human being is restricted

Last edited by Juliette Hardy on Fri 02 Aug 2013, 11:50; edited 1 time in total
Juliette Hardy
Juliette Hardy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 02 Aug 2013, 11:29

Juliette Hardy wrote:Microgravity is immobilising  due to a lack of gravity flowing through the body, a person is restricted from normal activities. They have to be strapped in harnesses & fixed to larger mass objects like the spacecraft
We can agree to disagree on that - although I would point out that gravity doesn't flow through a body.  I still think that if people have to be harnessed to objects in order to stop them from moving around it means they're experiencing greater mobility than usual not less.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 02 Aug 2013, 11:32

Coincidently, there's this:

Is Sandra Bullock's 'Gravity' Plot Plausible? We Asked an Astronaut

Newly released trailers for the film Gravity provide an anxiety-inducing look at what might happen if an astronaut were stranded in outer space. Watching Sandra Bullock's character tumble out to the abyss had us wondering: What would really happen?

Instead of taking Hollywood's word for it (or waiting for the movie release), we asked an actual astronaut for his opinion.

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 02 Aug 2013, 11:51

Great find Katie and very interesting to hear it from 
the horses mouth !
Hope he's interviewed again when he's seen the film.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 02 Aug 2013, 11:57

He is saying all that is plausible
Right?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 02 Aug 2013, 11:58

Yep, really good. Surely Cuaron will have had a whole team of NASA advisors on hand....fascinating...........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 02 Aug 2013, 21:30

Wonder what the end of the movie will be. This astronaut guy said at the end (if I understood it right) that normally Sandra Bullocks Character was flying so fast that in this situation she might can't be rescued Shocked  I'm sure Hollywood will show us a great happy end - I hope
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 02 Aug 2013, 22:08

We all!!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Hardy Sun 04 Aug 2013, 15:45

Thanks for posting the astronaut's perspective video, Katie.

In the interview, he states that more than likely the Sandra Bullock's character would fade into oblivion in that scene from the trailer where she's unclipped from the harness.
So, I'm intrigued to find out what happens next....
scratch 

I thought of several scenarios:

1. does she collide with an obstructive object (smaller satellite) that enables her to get back to base?

2. does she continue shifting aimlessly into outer space & we see see the rest of the film in flashback narrative until her oxygen runs out?

3. does Clooney's character rescue her?

4. does she have a back-up emergency gadget that she releases that provides motion at a velocity to move her back?
Juliette Hardy
Juliette Hardy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Sun 04 Aug 2013, 17:37

What happens next ? It´s a movie anything can happen next.

Well it would be romantic if Clooney´s character rescued her. Versus she has to manage on her own there. But it´s scifi drama, so I expect to see romance before drama...

Carla97
Carla97

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 04 Aug 2013, 21:46

Romance?
In this shifi film?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Sun 04 Aug 2013, 22:41

Yes, I might be the only one, but I´m actually looking for little romance in this film Smile
Don´t tell me I shouldn´t I won´t listen. Smile
Carla97
Carla97

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 04 Aug 2013, 22:45

There has been nothing written (that I've read anyway) that says there is any romance in this film at all.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Sun 04 Aug 2013, 22:49

What´s in it then? Shocked 
Carla97
Carla97

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 04 Aug 2013, 23:16

Read Katie's first entry on this thread, and then read the rest of the thread. That's what's in it.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 04 Aug 2013, 23:30

I think Iron Man rescues them both. Sofa bounce

Good old RDJ to the rescue...Yay !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Mon 05 Aug 2013, 05:16

Joanna wrote:I think Iron Man rescues them both. Sofa bounce

I'm with you Joanna
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Mon 05 Aug 2013, 07:33

Well there could have been romance. Passanger (scifi space shuttle movie with Keanu Reeves and Reese Witherspoon) is said to have it.

I wasn´t talking about just myself, but maybe everyone with a working ovary would have wanted to see little romantic development when they see Clooney on screen. Certainly there is the thrill and struggle.

So basically it leaves 5 opportunities how the movie ends and lots of special effects. Both die, both survive, she dies he survives, he dies she survives. Iron man comes and everybody dies also the sun. Smile
Carla97
Carla97

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 05 Aug 2013, 07:36

Oh shut up! Shocked 

I want all survive!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Mon 05 Aug 2013, 07:41

Do you always get what you want? Razz 
Carla97
Carla97

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 05 Aug 2013, 10:26

Mazy wrote:
Joanna wrote:I think Iron Man rescues them both. Sofa bounce

I'm with you Joanna

Good girl Mazy.....IronMan will win every time ! lol! 
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 05 Aug 2013, 12:15

Sandra Lives!!!  George DIES!!!!  NO SEX or romance.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 05 Aug 2013, 12:41

Oh Melbert noooo not our George, But yeah if somebody will die than it is George believe that too. But for sure there will be a little romance. No sex -ok believe that. Would be difficult in the universe with the astronaut suit   hhahaha
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 05 Aug 2013, 14:31

LOOL Nicky Very Happy

Sadly no Carla.... :/
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Mon 05 Aug 2013, 14:31

No sex? How could there be? They can´t even have a proper dinner/date first?

Now that you said it, I didn´t mentioned it. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Carla97 on Mon 05 Aug 2013, 14:34; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Sorry about my english, starting lessons in Sep. :))
Carla97
Carla97

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 05 Aug 2013, 14:35

A proper dinner/date/conversation would be perfect
You know... cyclops 
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Mon 05 Aug 2013, 14:39

Impossible in space, they eat powder and pills that sort of things.

Here in blue planet it´s a different thing, you know Wink 
Carla97
Carla97

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 05 Aug 2013, 14:46

I know
Different

But sometimes really difficult too!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Thu 05 Sep 2013, 01:20

Newest trailer:

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 05 Sep 2013, 02:02

I jump out of my skin every time that impacts!!! And I know it's coming!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 05 Sep 2013, 08:58

Thanks SG, Now I start to look forward to the movie     Very Happy
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 05 Sep 2013, 09:54

....help.....
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Thu 05 Sep 2013, 18:09

Well, didn't follow the zero gravity argument and didn't take time to watch the astronaut's commentary, but in the plot, isn't this Sandra Bullock's first flight (& George's last?) That's enough to make her panic credible to me. But I go to the movies for entertainment, so my expectations don't demand a strict, absolute realism.

If it were me in her place, brown stuff would be floating around in my helmet........
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 05 Sep 2013, 18:18

Great to have you back, Lakin!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 05 Sep 2013, 18:40

Lakin460 wrote:Well, didn't follow the zero gravity argument and didn't take time to watch the astronaut's commentary, but in the plot, isn't this Sandra Bullock's first flight (& George's last?)  That's enough to make her panic credible to me.  But I go to the movies for entertainment, so my expectations don't demand a strict, absolute realism.

If it were me in her place, brown stuff would be floating around in my helmet........  

LOL!
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next