George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Good News
The whole George Clooney and his girlfriends discussion - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
The whole George Clooney and his girlfriends discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
The whole George Clooney and his girlfriends discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
The whole George Clooney and his girlfriends discussion - Page 2 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
The whole George Clooney and his girlfriends discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
The whole George Clooney and his girlfriends discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
The whole George Clooney and his girlfriends discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
The whole George Clooney and his girlfriends discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
The whole George Clooney and his girlfriends discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

The whole George Clooney and his girlfriends discussion

+23
phys major
it's me
Way2Old4Dis
Dior
playfuldeb
Mazy
Lighterside
theminis
NotAvailable
lolo"layla"
OofOof
Katiedot
blubelle
Henway
Lakin460
watching
lelacorb
party animal - not!
fava
Joanna
melbert
LornaDoone
27 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The whole George Clooney and his girlfriends discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: The whole George Clooney and his girlfriends discussion

Post by OofOof Sat 27 Apr 2013, 07:30

Just read your last post Katie. I do think the only reason Stacy got the supermarket gig is because of George. He may not have asked Harvey Weinstein to give her a job but she wore a lot of Marchesa on the red carpets and he was working with Harvey last year.

I'm sorry but I can't see Harvey picking her because she's a great host. In every video I've ever seen her in, she's horrible. She has no personality and the show doesn't fit her in any way. I just can't see her getting this job without him. Yeah, he may not have asked, but Harvey did him a favor.

Is there anything wrong with that? Nope. And, Stacy would be a fool not to use it. When George decides to move on, so will Harvey.

And you're right. If George was asking for favors, you'd hope he'd find them better gigs but if they can't act and have very little experience, or have no star power, I don't think he could. Which is why they end up with what they do. Hell, Eli ended up with a much better deal. She was on several Leverages and yes, was horrible, but at least it was an actual drama. Stacy got Supermarket Stars...

Last edited by OofOof on Sat 27 Apr 2013, 07:34; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : lots of mistakes....tired!)
OofOof
OofOof
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

The whole George Clooney and his girlfriends discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: The whole George Clooney and his girlfriends discussion

Post by blubelle Sat 27 Apr 2013, 16:16

I have always wondered if G would question the feelings of any woman in a relationship with him. Do they like him for who he is or what he can do for them? Do they get the total package? As has been mentioned, just being on his arm gets that someone noticed and does enhance career opportunities. For the woman does it become hard to figure out what you really feel? For him- maybe this type of relationship works, no effort on his part and perhaps no questioning of the sincerity.
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 28 Apr 2013, 12:38

Sorry for the late reply; I've been out and about a lot this weekend so far from a computer.

OofOof wrote:And the fact none of them ever says anything about their time with him means there is most definitely a contract.
I think you may be confusing an NDA (a non-disclosure agreement) with a business contract. I agree that all of his girlfriends sign an NDA and would have to even if they were in love. This is par for the course with any celebrity. It's not the same as a business contract that you're alluding to.

A business agreement, whereby someone pretends to be his girlfriend for x number of months in exchange for whatever is something different from an NDA.

OofOof wrote: I guess I disagree with you as far as him having any emotional attachment to any of them. I don't see it.
I'd agree with you if I can change "I don't see it" to "He doesn't show it".

Otherwise, look at what you're effectively saying: that for more than a decade he hasn't had a single genuine relationship. What does that say about the man? I agree he compartmentalises his life but really to the degree where he's felt nothing for anyone for more than 10 years? I can't go that far.

For over a decade, fans have been saying how he doesn't look involved with who he's dating. Is it really likely that in all that time he's not found anyone to like? Or is it more likely that's simply how he behaves in public with his girlfriends?

OofOof wrote:But getting expensive gifts and meeting famous people and walking red carpets and even having fun with the guy do not a real relationship make.
Very true, and even more so when you look at it from George's point of view. He's getting nothing from the relationship, only giving stuff. Remember, he can get PR from a real relationship too, so that's not the motivation for him to have a fake one.

OofOof wrote: The fact they drop everything and in one or two days end up staying at his house says it all.
I'm still not convinced that this happens. I know Celine said it, but how likely is it that every girlfriend he's had moves in with him (in effect) on the first date?

I suspect that the dating process goes on a lot earlier and that he takes his time before choosing to present his girlfriend in public. Again, this is JMO.

OofOof wrote:Here's hoping the next girl George finds in Maxim or wherever he goes looking is better at looking like she's in love with the guy and not just what he can do for her professionally!
I wish that too, but going on past performance I'd consider it highly unlikely.

OofOof wrote: Yeah, he may not have asked, but Harvey did him a favor.
Ok, but if so, again, Stacy getting this job is simply a natural consequence of her dating George; it's not a sign that he's running out and getting her work as part of an agreement. This is no different from the example I gave of Playful Deb's imaginary boyfriend introducing her to someone who then hires her for a shoot.

OofOof wrote: If George was asking for favors, you'd hope he'd find them better gigs but if they can't act and have very little experience, or have no star power, I don't think he could.
I know exactly what you mean, but call me a cynic because I don't think talent or experience has anything to do with getting work in Hollywood. Sorry, I've seen too many talentless bimbos - especially on TV - to think otherwise.

Harvey Weinstein needed someone to present the supermarket show so why not Stacy? She's no worse than a million other wannabes and her level of celebrity might help get the show a few more viewers and a bit more press.

I still believe that if George wanted to get her work, she'd have it and she'd have it in buckets. Not the least, he'd put them in his films. He did it for Krista Allen.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Sun 28 Apr 2013, 15:12

Hey Katie! Thought you were ignoring me...just kidding. The one thing I would add or disagree with you about (bear with me I'm on loads of disagreeable meds that are making me very irritable!) is that you don't think George could spend 10 years in "relationships" with no emotional involvement on his part.

I actually think that's what he's done for most of his adult life, with regard to the women he's chosen to get involved with. I'm not saying he doesn't enjoy their company at times. I just think he doesn't feel the need for a relationship that is built on something other than sex and looks. He's surrounded by friends he cares deeply for and they love him as well. I think he picks these girls because he likes how they look and he wants to f-CK them, to be crass. If he had his druthers I think he'd move on much more quickly but that wouldn't be good for his image, and, as you said, he's a nice guy. And, in his position, it's much easier to stick with one he's trained for a bit. So the sex is good. Other men envy him with every "babe" he moves onto and he lives to work.

If he was more involved in their lives...went to a few of their functions, didn't play the pap game so much and didn't respond to every split story with a photo op, I'd be more apt to believe he really cared. I think he cares about them the only way he knows-- he lavishes them with expensive gifts, gives them, begrudgingly, those necessary photo ops, which also help him, and then blithely goes on with his life, until he gets so bored with the present "girl" he can't help himself and he moves onto the next barbie doll lined up and waiting.
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 28 Apr 2013, 16:21

Interesting discussion ladies.

Somewhere in between both I think. He's clearly had 'pulling' power all his life, but has (as far as we know!) appeared to do the honourable thing and tend to have one girlfriend at a time.
But I don't think he's never cared.....he's too much of a humanitarian in an awful lot of areas!
I also think he adores women, and is very empathetic. He also loves the chase! Trouble is, women just fall over themselves over him (e g that really embarrassing interview between him and Lisa Snowdon and a couple of others on a red carpet somewhere, after they both 'moved on').

Maybe he has never had that 'click' moment, or is terrified of the three year thing, or is easily bored, or is far too busy, or...or...

I'm not sure he's had a girlfriend 'til now, either, whom the paps want to photograph without him, or who is quite so independent, but I could be wrong.......but I'm not sure hanging around waiting for him works, and it must help to know all about the 'system'. Interesting....................

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Sun 28 Apr 2013, 18:03

OofOof wrote:Hey Katie! Thought you were ignoring me...just kidding. The one thing I would add or disagree with you about (bear with me I'm on loads of disagreeable meds that are making me very irritable!) is that you don't think George could spend 10 years in "relationships" with no emotional involvement on his part.

I actually think that's what he's done for most of his adult life, with regard to the women he's chosen to get involved with. I'm not saying he doesn't enjoy their company at times. I just think he doesn't feel the need for a relationship that is built on something other than sex and looks. He's surrounded by friends he cares deeply for and they love him as well. I think he picks these girls because he likes how they look and he wants to f-CK them, to be crass. If he had his druthers I think he'd move on much more quickly but that wouldn't be good for his image, and, as you said, he's a nice guy. And, in his position, it's much easier to stick with one he's trained for a bit. So the sex is good.
he moves onto and he lives to work.

If he was more involved in their lives...went to a few of their functions, didn't play the pap game so much and didn't respond to every split story with a photo op, I'd be more apt to believe he really cared. I think he cares about them the only way he knows-- he lavishes them with expensive gifts, gives them, begrudgingly, those necessary photo ops, which also help him, and then blithely goes on with his life, until he gets so bored with the present "girl" he can't help himself and he moves onto the next barbie doll lined up and waiting.

You are drawing the picture of a man who is as cold as a rock in his heart and uses women only for his pleasure and PR.

"Other men envy him with every "babe".."
Oh really? Well that's important! If this is a criterion for the choice of a partner, he should go back to kindergarden.("My Barbie has bigger breasts".."But my Barbie is almost new.."..."And I have another 10 of them in the closet..") Men can be so childish.

To me a relationship has got something to do with love.
Otherwise you should call it an arrangement, friends with benefits or "f*ckbuddies".

And life is so sad and empty without love...even if you have great friends and a loving family, you just have a big whole in your life without the love of a partner.

The lack of this love makes you feel lonely and depressed, even if you have all the things mentioned above, there are still these grey and dark moments when you are missing real love.

Is it really his purpose in life to sit on top of his mountain of money, making sure he's worldwide famous and can buy himself the barbies of the next generation as long as he wants to play?

At least he loves his work, but his work can't love him back.
Dior
Dior
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by . Sun 28 Apr 2013, 18:21

OofOof wrote:Hey Katie! Thought you were ignoring me...just kidding. The one thing I would add or disagree with you about (bear with me I'm on loads of disagreeable meds that are making me very irritable!) is that you don't think George could spend 10 years in "relationships" with no emotional involvement on his part.

I actually think that's what he's done for most of his adult life, with regard to the women he's chosen to get involved with. I'm not saying he doesn't enjoy their company at times. I just think he doesn't feel the need for a relationship that is built on something other than sex and looks. He's surrounded by friends he cares deeply for and they love him as well. I think he picks these girls because he likes how they look and he wants to f-CK them, to be crass. If he had his druthers I think he'd move on much more quickly but that wouldn't be good for his image, and, as you said, he's a nice guy. And, in his position, it's much easier to stick with one he's trained for a bit. So the sex is good. Other men envy him with every "babe" he moves onto and he lives to work.

and 'exactly what I think of the love life of George. And it is this fear / inability to live in a relationship that many people think that he is gay

Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Sun 28 Apr 2013, 18:30

Maybe he just can't trust in love.
Dior
Dior

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Sun 28 Apr 2013, 18:47

I don't think he's a cold guy at all Dior. Like I said, I think he's able to compartmentalize his life in a way many of us can't. And, I think, while he enjoys women, I think he prefers the company of men. And I don't mean he's gay. I don't think he is.

I just don't think he has either found someone he can love, or he just doesn't have it in him to have what we might consider a "real" relationship. And again, I'm not suggesting he's a cold you know what. I think he's a warm and very caring person. As far as how he picks these women, I am sorry to say, I do think there is an element of--"hey guys, look who I'm with" to his personality. Most men I know have some element of that in their make up so, again, I don't think it's that unusual.

And hey, while it saddens me that I don't think he'll ever really have what we might term a satisfying relationship, for him, it seems to work. And I have to give him credit for not marrying every barbie he hooks up with and having babies. He seems to know himself and to know better.
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Sun 28 Apr 2013, 18:53

He "picks" these women with his brain, not with his heart.
Ok, and with the help of his little friend.. Very Happy

And I have some feeling that tells me he is able to love, but afraid of losing control about himself. Worst thing that could happen to him ever without alcohol.
Dior
Dior

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sun 28 Apr 2013, 19:30

Okay, this thread is way off topic, but I'll contribute to the diversion...

I do not have a romantic love in my life. I don't want one. And I'm neither sad nor depressed. I'm quite happy, in fact. My family, my friends (male and female), and my work are very fulfilling. If I want sex, I know exactly where to go get it (free and safe). I don't think I'm missing a thing.

I've been married. Wasn't for me. I raised a child who is now a productive, generous, compassionate member of society, and is a professional and gorgeous to boot. She has given me a grandchild who, by the looks of it, will surpass even her mom. My daughter's father claimed to want a child, but he was a horrible father, and I told him to get the fuck out of our lives. Haven't looked back, and never looked for anyone to replace him. My second marriage was a temporary lapse of sanity on my part. I'll never do it again.

None of the people who know me, as far as I know, would call me "cold" or "stone-hearted." I get called lots of things, but not that.

I don't want what most people call "love." It doesn't fit into my life. I don't think the benefits come anything close to the investment. I am the master of my own time, which, outside of my daughter and granddaughter, is the most precious thing I have. I make decisions based on what matters to me and how I want things to be. I choose where and when I want to go, or not go. If something happens in my life, it's on me. And that's the way I like it.

Not only that, I don't want anyone permanently entitled to my bedroom or my bathroom.

My point being, George's view on life and love isn't rare. I know lots of people like me, especially guys. None of them have the wherewithal to pick any woman from anywhere in the world, and court them the way George does, but believe me, if you told them they could live George's life, they'd ask, "Where do I sign up?" I firmly believe most men marry only when they have no other choice. If they could piss on your ankles to make you theirs, they'd do that instead.

There is plenty to love in life without a romantic partner. Being "alone" doesn't necessarily equate to an empty, lonely existence. I think George's life works for him, because I know mine works for me.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Sun 28 Apr 2013, 19:45

Nobody was talking about an empty life or a lonely existence, just little moments, you know.

Counting the "I's" in your post....oh, so many... Laughing
Dior
Dior

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sun 28 Apr 2013, 20:02

In my opinion George is a very creative person that needs to be creating it’s in his blood. It is a necessary part of his persona, and when generating his magic he gets kind of passionate. It takes over him full time and leaves him little energy to take care of the necessities.

I am sure that he skips meals and rest sometimes because of his creative compulsion. He wants to keep working while things are going good and he always has this idea for the next scene or to perfect the one that they are working on a the moment. I am a creative person; not in the realm or echelon that George is. But I have seen myself go on 30 or more hours just to complete something.

He cannot do that because he works on enormous projects, doing so many different jobs. But he has to have that drive to create; and create skillfully. He has always said that he would make a terrible husband or father, because the way he works and is never home.
I think that he is a very loving man; however how can he know if the person that he is with at any given time is there because she really cares or is using him for ulterior objectives.

Let’s face it George is not your run of the mill ordinary guy. How can he possibly meet and date like other guys, no one else is in his category of fame at this time. He also does not allow himself the time and energy that consumes, I am sure that he has certain things that he wants to accomplish while here. Let’s face it a relationship can be messy and time consuming, a wife would want more than he is able to give at the time in his life. He cannot waste that time with arguments or other commitments that do not fit into his agenda. Maybe if he had found the right one before this; like I frequently say George has had his hurts and is not going to waste time with any more. I think he dates the girls that he does because some how he feels that he will not fall in love enough to make a commitment.

I also do not think that he would not ask anyone to give any of them work. Not because they are not capable or anything else, he would feel responsible for how that situation works out. I whole heartily believe that there are many times he wishes he had a truly loving relationship and he gets lonely for the closeness that would bring. Unless someone special; very special comes along he will not allow himself that luxury. I think he feels that he is not capable to be that kind of mate. Most likely would be a very Loving soul. Gotta Love Him
JMHO
Zen

Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sun 28 Apr 2013, 20:13

Dior wrote:Nobody was talking about an empty life or a lonely existence, just little moments, you know.

Counting the "I's" in your post....oh, so many... Laughing

This is what you said:

And life is so sad and empty without love...even if you have great friends and a loving family, you just have a big whole in your life without the love of a partner.

The lack of this love makes you feel lonely and depressed, even if you have all the things mentioned above, there are still these grey and dark moments when you are missing real love.

Emphasis mine, of course.

Also, it's difficult for a person to use herself as an example without using the word "I."

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Sun 28 Apr 2013, 20:23

See me grinning Very Happy
Dior
Dior

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Sun 28 Apr 2013, 20:44

Way2, I am kind of in your boat as well. Had a long relationship that didn't work out and haven't really had a longterm one since. Although, I must admit I would like to find someone to spend more time with on a regular basis, but, like you, I'm not keen on sharing my bedroom or bathroom again!

Unlike you, I wasn't fortunate enough to have a child and will never have that opportunity due to an illness in my 30's. I put my career ahead of things and I have to admit I do regret not having a child. You sound like you went through alot but came out in the end with a beautiful daughter and grand daughter and are completely happy in your life.

I hope you don't think that I was saying there is something wrong with someone not married or involved in a "Relationship." I was simply responding to Katie's who said she thought that George was actually emotionally involved with these girls. I, personally, don't think he is. That's all. And I don't think that makes him a cold or stone hearted person. Frankly, as you said, most of my male friends would love to have his life. And, I applaud him for knowing that a committed relationship is not for him.

Having said that, I do have to admit that I would admire him a bit more if he had just a wee bit better taste in the women he chooses to spend his time with--that's all.
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sun 28 Apr 2013, 21:14

Oh, no, OofOof, my post wasn't directed at you at all.

Personally, I think George is making choices, and not operating out of any innate incapability. He's like the guy who doesn't want to be a member of any club that would let him in. He doesn't really want any woman who would want him on the terms he comes with. They're a convenience he can access as needed. That's why they're so easy to replace. Any woman who knows she deserves more (i.e., is mature and has some real life experience) wouldn't put up with him. I think he knows that, and that's what we see in his choices. He happens to have a "better" selection available to him than most men do.

I don't think he's ever dated anyone based on looks alone. He at least likes them and gets along with them. It seems they've all had some common interests with him. That's all companionship is. What's more, from what we know, he treats them well until they forget the terms he came with. Then they're gone. I think he'd do that whether he was George Fucking Clooney or George Schmuckatelli. You don't play by the rules, you're out of the game. It's just a grander and more public scale.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sun 28 Apr 2013, 21:25

I will never understand how you can live without falling in love, love can make you happy or unhappy, but in both cases gives meaning to life and the work should never be an end but a means to live, and if it becomes the purpose of life is sad!
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 28 Apr 2013, 21:33

With the size of George's houses I doubt he or she has to share bedrooms or bathrooms if they don't want to! Just sayin... brahahaha

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Sun 28 Apr 2013, 21:42

@Way
Well, you can get along with almost everybody, if you only see them every 2 month or so, lol.

And a mature woman would also put up with him if she fell in love with him. This could happen easily, the man is just too charming and good looking. Even if he was a criminal on holiday from jail, you would fall for his smile, his looks and his humor.
That's why he is on top, he's got IT.

Dior
Dior

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Mon 29 Apr 2013, 01:25

There are all types of personalities, some women like their careers some like to be caring for someone. We cannot all be judged by the same yard stick. Everyone wants different things out of life. If you are "in love with" someone and this is there life style you either learn to deal with what you got. Or be very unhappy because you are not with the person you love. Me I would rather deal if they also loved me, that is the important thing. Trust me I know, for myself. JMHO
Zen
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 29 Apr 2013, 05:32

Way2Old4Dis wrote:Okay, this thread is way off topic.
Yes, we really have.

Does anyone mind if I move this discussion to a new thread? I think it's interesting and would hate to lose it in the myriad of Stacy threads.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Mon 29 Apr 2013, 14:23

Mazy wrote: We cannot all be judged by the same yard stick.

That my dear is what makes the world go round....it would be a bloody boring place, if everyone thought the same and needed exactly the same things in life. Diversity is the spice of life! cheers
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

The whole George Clooney and his girlfriends discussion - Page 2 Empty The whole George Clooney and his girlfriends discussion

Post by LornaDoone Tue 30 Apr 2013, 04:30

Katiedot wrote:
Way2Old4Dis wrote:Okay, this thread is way off topic.
Yes, we really have.

Does anyone mind if I move this discussion to a new thread? I think it's interesting and would hate to lose it in the myriad of Stacy threads.

Move away, move away. i thought about it but then wasn't sure where to break it off....
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 30 Apr 2013, 12:57

[replying to a comment made in another thread]

phys major wrote: you should all have figured out how this works by now..oh and he is not the only one who plays these stupid games, there are other Hollywood actors and actress who do this stuff...fake romances have been around for decades...
Ok, I'm intrigued. Who else in Hollywood has had a fake romance that's comparable to George's?

Remember, you can't include those stars who did it to hide that they were gay and you can't include those who fake-dated another star or someone famous and of course you can't include those who fake-romanced someone in order to get improved press coverage.

The reason you can't include those because that's not the same as George's situation: George isn't gay (or if you think he is, then fair enough, we can agree to disagree), he's only ever dated showbiz non-entities and of course none of his girlfriends have brought him better PR coverage than a real girlfriend would have, plus many have lost him fans and the respect of his existing fans.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 30 Apr 2013, 13:05

Are we going to know
Sooner or later????
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Tue 30 Apr 2013, 14:02

Katie it happens all the time not just because there gay, some men are trying to hide the fact there womanizers!!!
I can only speak for this present relationship that George is involved in. In this case he chose a women who has a shock factor to keep his name in the news. It happened around the time he was pushing for an Oscar not only his own film Ides of March, but also the Decendants.. Look at all the publicity it brought him being involved with an ex wrestler!!! Publicity = income= more film projects= humanitarian works...Why do you think George has a real girlfriend? He has many women he sees, if he were to find a real girlfriend that he feel in love with at this point in his life he would not want to subject her to the constant scrutiny of public life. ( because most certainly she would not be involved in the business )Unless of course the relationship was going to lead to a serious commitment..

phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Tue 30 Apr 2013, 14:05

Oh an Warren Beaty did it all the time..
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by ktsue2002 Tue 30 Apr 2013, 15:34

I think GC allows us fans to see 40 percent of who he is, and the rest, which includes his relationships, his friendships, his faith, his insecurities, his fantasies, his fears, his dreams, his personal quirks and pet peeves, his personal hygeine, his underwear and his private parts, will never be known. I think all of us leave part of our books closed and locked. It is even more important to him to keep it locked because everyone is seeking to get to know the real man behind the facade. I don't think he cares if we guess, but ultimately, he just wants that 60 percent to himself. Ironically, I don't think any of his girlfriends have broke that facade of his. He may be the biggest of the big time sweeties in public and maybe in private with his friendly girls, but I bet none of them know him, really know him. I would suggest that only his close friends really know him for who he truly is, and to a certain extent, his immediate family. The girl that gets him to really open up to her and the one he feels a strong connection to, will probably be the one who lands him, but I bet it is one hell of a job trying to get him to open up beyond his constant facade.
ktsue2002
ktsue2002
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 30 Apr 2013, 18:11

phys major wrote: Katie it happens all the time not just because there gay, some men are trying to hide the fact there womanizers!!!
You're saying you think he's fake dating to cover up the fact that he's screwing around with everybody and anybody? Ok, I hadn't thought of that one.

phys major wrote: Look at all the publicity it brought him being involved with an ex wrestler!!!
I think we're going to have to agree to disagree on that one. I work in PR and I understand the value of publicity. I also understand the value of good publicity versus just having your name in the news.

I really believe he could have got just as much publicity by dating a 'real' girlfriend. I also think dating Stacy has done him some damage. If his PR team had picked his girlfriend, they'd have picked someone who made him look better. Made him look good.

I also think that if George had wanted to fool the public, he'd have made a better show of it than he has for the past four girlfriends.

phys major wrote:Oh an Warren Beaty did it all the time..
Go on then, who did Warren Beatty pretend to date? I know he screwed around on his girlfriends left, right and centre but I didn't think he pretended to be dating someone he wasn't in order to hide it.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 30 Apr 2013, 20:45

Interesting ktsue2002

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by madsky Tue 30 Apr 2013, 20:56

I am sort of interested in the who we know was fake dating to cover up something other than they are gay too, not that it doesn't happen, just that I don't ever remember anyone admitting that, other than some gossip. I remember hearing about some people were "together" to promote a movie.

Now I too think George could get the same publicity if he dated a "real" girlfriend, but more importantly if he was going to fake date hope he and his people could pick someone who would get him a bit better less tawdry publicity. Maybe he really does believe the old Hollywood adage all publicity is good. Just think he is smarter than that.

madsky
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Tue 30 Apr 2013, 21:06

I don't know what I think anymore! Having one of those day...but I do think there is an element first of picking women who other men will look at and say, "God George Clooney is Lucky." I think there is most definitely an element to his choices that screams, look at me, I've got a babe. Not saying it's the most prevalent thing but it's definitely there in my mind. Lots of men have that affliction and our George seems to have it in spades as far as women are concerned.

And while I never suggested he was "fake" dating, what I did suggest is that I see absolutely no emotional ties to any of the girls he's been with for the last several years. I don't know if he's using them to protect himself against being accused of being a womanizer or being gay. If he is, it's not been very effective because he's been accused of being both, by virtue of who he chooses.

And, I have to agree with Deb that I do think he chooses some of them for the shock element because it most certainly gives him PR. I also agree with Katie, that it's not the best PR, at this point. Early on, however, when he was younger, if you look at the archives of some of those gossip sites, all the chatter on the comments was "you go boy!" "What a hunk of a man." A lot of the cheering him for landing a "babe" BS. Now that he's continued on, and his choices have seemed to deteriorate with each successive girlfriend, and he's aged, the comments have changed to the negative. He's older and he's still choosing the same aged girls so it makes him look like their old uncle in many people's eyes.

That's my two cents for what it's worth!
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Tue 30 Apr 2013, 21:15

HE could have his pick, so like them or not their his.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Tue 30 Apr 2013, 21:22

If the gf choices are PR, then Stan isn't on top of his game IMO,which he is purported to be. From what I've read, he's regarded as being the best in his field, so surely he would be more sophisticated in his methods than an archaic coupling of his client with some sensation getting blonde to draw the paps, wouldn't he? Just sayin'......
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Tue 30 Apr 2013, 21:38

Last night I was looking at the pictures from last year’s award shows, many from the Golden Globes Awards. Where Stacy wore the red gown, which I think she looked very nice in to tell the truth. Her hair was another story. They both showed a lot more affection for each other. They were clowning around and laughing together. We all know that I’m not a Stacy fan, or any woman that is with George I guess if I want to be honest. However in those pictures they really seemed to care about each other. JMHO
Zen
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Tue 30 Apr 2013, 21:58

Lakin460 wrote:If the gf choices are PR, then Stan isn't on top of his game IMO,which he is purported to be. From what I've read, he's regarded as being the best in his field, so surely he would be more sophisticated in his methods than an archaic coupling of his client with some sensation getting blonde to draw the paps, wouldn't he? Just sayin'......

To me it looks like they are turning it around as they need it. George likes it a little nasty and Mr. Rosenfield does the damage control.
Dior
Dior

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Tue 30 Apr 2013, 22:01

I don't think Stan has anything to do with the choice. That's all George. Stan just has to mitigate the choices with PR. Face it, George has a type. He picks that type for whatever reason. And, he gets lots of PR from it--not good PR at this point--but PR. Google George and you get Stacy news primarily. Thankfully, with the uptick in coverage of his Monuments filming, there's more George only stuff, but most of what you get when you google him is related to his girlfriends so it's working for him to a certain extent.
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Tue 30 Apr 2013, 23:44

I think it's crazy to think GC needs a woman -- of any kind -- for the publicity. There's not a 'news' outlet in the world that would not cover him if he didn't have a girlfriend. His name gets mentioned for stuff he's not even involved in, just to generate interest. I just can't see that dating a D-list personality has anything to do with generating publicity for himself or his projects.

I also don't think he has to "pay" anyone to be with him, or to "contract" for anything other than confidentiality. Why would he pay for something that thousands of women would gladly do for free? So, he has a type. That type is plentiful, so there's no premium for it. If he ever shows interest in another type, I imagine he won't be hard pressed to find that, either. He's a creative, funny, intelligent, rich, compassionate, and good-looking guy -- who treats his GFs well. There's absolutely no reason he'd have to "pay" for a relationship, however he/they define it.

I think he thinks he's doing all right for himself. His relationships work for him, until they don't. He's not deceiving anybody. The whole point is that the women know going in that it's a temporary relationship for him. If they want more from him, tough noogies; they ain't getting it. I think if he felt like something needed changing, he'd be the first to admit it, and do it. For now, apparently, nothing needs changing.

Everyone's got an opinion about George and his women, but nobody's got a vote but him.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Wed 01 May 2013, 01:23

Way2old4dis - excellent, was about to post similar thoughts myself though not as eloquently as you put it.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Wed 01 May 2013, 13:58

@ Way2Old4Dis...AMEN!!! Perfectly said and I have nothing whatsoever to add. Greenie for you! Thumbs up!
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 01 May 2013, 16:32

Thanks Way2Old....which I doubt that you are BTW....for your well written positive words.

As I've boringly said before, I consider George's personal life to be
his business.
If the fact that he has an attractive lady friend around him at times results in more pictures of him that we can see...What's the problem ?
If folk just want pictures of him in their computers then
it's no problem cropping them.

Sorry to be boring again. Lol. flower
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Wed 01 May 2013, 18:50

Here is a challenge stop talking about George and his women on here for a month and lets see what u gals have to talk about!! Then when he parades his new one around don't say a word about her for another month!! You Are all so positive u know what your talking about try it..what's the old saying u can't lead a horse to water if they don't want to drink! Ciao!
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 01 May 2013, 19:21

Hi phys....who's the horse then ?
George or the lady friend ? affraid
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Wed 01 May 2013, 20:49

..what's the old saying u can't lead a horse to water if they don't want to drink!

Actually, that's a new saying. The old one is, "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink."

J, I think George would be the horse in the "old" and "new" scenario. But the GF would the one doing the leading in the "new;" in the "old," she'd be the water.

(Tongue firmly in cheek.)

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Wed 01 May 2013, 22:19

Phys major, It's not hard to see what's going on when something becomes transparent due to repitition. Altho it is really nice of George to do all the things he does for his lady friends, the general media isnt seeing it that way. Maybe if they stopped calling them "girldriends" and started calling them what they are people would speak differently of them
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Wed 01 May 2013, 22:43

Well I think it IS my business who George dates.

He ain't dating me and until he does I'm going to rant and rave about who he does! brahahaha

You know we're talking about PR dates. I remember reading (in old musty magazines in the library because of course I'm much too young to have read them at the time - cough, cough - it's the dust on the magazines)...

Anyway, I remember reading how studios would routinely set up starlets and their leading men on dates and even relationships for publicity reasons or to hide their sexual orientation which would have killed careers in the past.

Rock Hudson comes to mind right away.

So I have to agree with whomever said it - if Stan were going to set George up in a publicity relationship, he sure as hell would pick a much better candidate!

George does the picking. George doesn't like to climb so he picks what's closest and usually that's right at the bottom of the tree. (Hell sometimes he just let them fall off the tree and he had to stoop down pretty low to scoop it up - yea I'm talking about the porn stars).

So you don't get as much light at the bottom of the tree - the fruit is not as good as you could get higher in the tree. But it feeds what he needs so he doesn't stretch.

God forbid one of those higher pieces of fruit start looking yummy to him - he might acutally have to do some work for it - just don't know if he's got it in him.

And worse, which I bet would be his biggest nightmare - what if he went after that fruit - everyone knew he was after the fruit and he gets shut down. I don't think his ego (or his sexiest man alive moniker) could handle it.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 01 May 2013, 23:11

Lorna re...."And worse, which I bet would be his biggest nightmare - what if he went after that fruit - everyone knew he was after the fruit and he gets shut down. I don't think his ego (or his sexiest man alive moniker) could handle it."

It's an interesting analogy and I Love Trees.....but....
Don't you think he'd NEVER allow the knowledge about that
particular tree climb to become public knowledge ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 02 May 2013, 06:38

Joanna wrote:Lorna re...."And worse, which I bet would be his biggest nightmare - what if he went after that fruit - everyone knew he was after the fruit and he gets shut down. I don't think his ego (or his sexiest man alive moniker) could handle it."

It's an interesting analogy and I Love Trees.....but....
Don't you think he'd NEVER allow the knowledge about that
particular tree climb to become public knowledge ?

Well it would be one of those situations that he could have tried to keep quiet but it gets out anyway.

I know he'd want to keep that quiet I just don't know if it could given how much interest there is in his love life.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Thu 02 May 2013, 07:01

Well George has said himself that he's been in love, hes' been dumped (shock horror) and that worst was when he kept going after the same woman time and time again - I don't know, I think if the fruit was particularly tasty and still ripe he would put the effort in!!
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next