George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
March Chit chat - Page 4 EmptyToday at 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
March Chit chat - Page 4 EmptyToday at 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
March Chit chat - Page 4 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
March Chit chat - Page 4 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
March Chit chat - Page 4 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
March Chit chat - Page 4 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
March Chit chat - Page 4 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
March Chit chat - Page 4 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
March Chit chat - Page 4 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

March Chit chat

+15
playfuldeb
blubelle
Best in Category
Lighterside
Dior
ktsue2002
cindigirl
OofOof
it's me
melbert
LornaDoone
silly girl
Joanna
theminis
Katiedot
19 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

March Chit chat - Page 4 Empty Re: March Chit chat

Post by it's me Mon 25 Mar 2013, 22:39

you are all so sweet gals Hug1
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Mon 25 Mar 2013, 22:41

Oof Oof, if it helps any, the friend I told you about who has ulcerative colitis too (think boot camp lady) has now been sticking to her food regimen for 2 weeks and has been taking her meds for awhile. She resisted doing any real changes and fear and anger prevented her - but she finally had enough of feeling so yuck - that she listened to her nutritionist, and drs. Its only been 2 weeks but what a difference it has made for her. She is literally glowing - has lost inches (but not weight occasional bloating still an issue), has been exercising for the first time in a decade and all this change shows. She does look positively radiant, she said its the first time she believed in the process laid out for her, that it can make a difference to how she feels - is she still p....d off at not being able to have what she wants - you bet, but she is starting to embrace that this is a whole new deal for her if she wants to get and stay healthy - Im so proud of her and proud of you for enduring what you have to date. I know its been tough for you, but you can deal with this, try and have some faith not in the meds/drs but in yourself - you go girl, you can do it!!

Thinking of you too Cindigirl - xxxx
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 25 Mar 2013, 22:49

Girls, my heart is just breaking for all your issues going on and on. I don't have any answers, but I thank you for sharing with us for our love and support to you. There is 1 or 2 or a dozen of us here that if you don't feel as comfortable discussing some of this in the open forum, please PM us. Of course, that should not be confused with BM!!!! I come here to help with my anxiety, to read your posts, share opinions, etc. However, my anxiety increases when someone posts a "package" picture, but that's just me.... If you need prayers, a candle lit, or just an ear for your rants and raves and tears and laughs, let us know.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Mon 25 Mar 2013, 23:13

My heart races a little bit too much at the package too Mel, you are not alone there HA
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Mon 25 Mar 2013, 23:33

OofOof wrote:Ah Lakin, I'm so sorry for your anxiety issues. I know how hard those can be to deal with. But I have to tell you, I don't know what I would have done without you these few days. Your humor has helped me to stop feeling so sorry for myself--something I really don't tend to do but between a sister who's very ill and then getting sick myself, I let myself fall into that victim's mode and your funny "rants" and posts have helped me through the day.

I think maybe Cindi and I should move in together. For the past month, I've had the opposite problem--I've been spending most of my days in the bathroom and it's not been fun. I had a colonoscopy finally last Monday and my large intestine is severely inflamed and bleeding.

I went to my doctor today and I have ulcerative colitis. When I was very young, I had stomach problems and was put on Prednisone and gained more than 100 pounds so I really, really don't want to take this medication but he says if I don't want my intestine to perforate, I have to take it.

For the past week I've taken cortisone enemas which haven't helped much but, in spite of the fact I'm barely getting between 700-900 calories a day and, trying to keep my workouts going, I have not lost a pound. Now with this increased dosage by mouth, I'm dreading it. I took care of my Mom for several years before her death a few years ago and got so depressed I gained an incredible amount of weight. Over the past year, I've lost 188 pounds and counting and the thought of gaining it back is a bit upsetting.

Apparently with prednisone, you retain fluids which the doctor thinks is what happened this past week. I'm now going on 40 mg of the stuff a day so I'm sure I'll be blowing up into a blimp soon. I guess the only good thing is I'll get that lovely steroid moon face and those little wrinkles I noticed around my mouth will disappear!

And, after reading for a few days on forums like this for UC, I've started a gluten, sugar, egg, dairy, corn, soy and corn free diet. Really fun but hoping it may help me go into remission sooner. Yesterday, I felt so sorry for myself, I went to bed at 5 and just stayed there for the rest of the night. Reading all of your posts today, and Lakin's funny regaling of her problems, I feel better and will stop wallowing!

But, if occasionally, I sound shrill or nasty, bear with me ladies, I'm just so tired of this whole thing it's hard to be positive.

So here's to Cindigirl--here's hoping we both turn the corner soon with all this stomach shit! (You visiting the bathroom more and me less!) And to you Lakin, I hope your anxiety issues resolve soon. I don't know if you've tried Pilates but it might relax you and help you with some of those issues related to your anxiety. And Silly Girl, here's to you finding that perfect job soon--since I seem to be doing a lot of crying lately, the next time you start sobbing, PM me, no doubt, I'll be blubbering on as well.

Anyway, thanks ladies.

WOW...I'm so sorry to hear that you have all these health issues! My goodness, all the health issues on this forum would try the patience of any saint...you must all (I include all of the others above with health issues in this statement)have incredible strength of will to endure all of these issues. May you all receive the healings and relief that you are in dire need of...
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 26 Mar 2013, 04:54

Big, big hugs to everyone here. Also sending you lots of warm sunshine (just huddle up closer to your screen, you'll soon feel it) to help you all feel better.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Tue 26 Mar 2013, 06:41

We could use your sunshine here believe me! And I'm not even in the worst part of the country...we're just suffering days and days of rain. Everyone in the NE must be really really tired of winter at this point!
OofOof
OofOof
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Tue 26 Mar 2013, 12:17

Winter, did I hear the wonderful word Winter - 32 degrees today, not really complaining but looking forward to sunshine and cooler days..
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Tue 26 Mar 2013, 17:13

Oh Theminis! 32...this former Alaskan would be melting. I'm now feeling very grateful for the rain, gray skies and my back yard that is now nothing more than a field of moss...
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Tue 26 Mar 2013, 21:18

well, the bright side is that you have a backyard, and that it is raining. That means flowers to come soon!
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Tue 26 Mar 2013, 21:19

Isnt it the things we look forward to that keep us going in life? Rather than be depressed about the moment, be excited for what is to come
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Wed 27 Mar 2013, 00:27

Yes, Deb that is true. We already have daffodils in bloom and the tulips are popping out. Winter pansies had suffered badly during this winter's non stop rain but they're reviving themselves as well. I even have several that have popped up in my drive way. Determined little buggers! Of course we also have lots of deer and I'm sure they'll make sure they "prune" all of our foliage for us!
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Thu 28 Mar 2013, 07:31

Heeelllloooo! Just checked and apparently I am the only logged on user right now - how sad - where did you all go? Going to get a life, back later

Hope you all have a Safe and Happy Easter Break - save me some chocolattes,
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 28 Mar 2013, 08:26

Shall we just call you billy no-mates? Nevermind, there's 51 of us online now! 12 logged in.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Thu 28 Mar 2013, 20:29

HA HA - so weird to see only my username listed.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 29 Mar 2013, 03:44

I'll bet!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Fri 29 Mar 2013, 05:20

I'm in. I'll also bet and raise you two!
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 29 Mar 2013, 12:55

playfuldeb wrote:I'm in. I'll also bet and raise you two!

Your mis-spent youth is showing Debs ! Coolio
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sat 30 Mar 2013, 15:05

I love Amy Poehler. She does these Smart Girls video and she interviewed former TV comedy writer Irma Kalish. Low and behold there is a GC mention. Very sweet video.

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 30 Mar 2013, 16:15

theminis wrote:Heeelllloooo! Just checked and apparently I am the only logged on user right now - how sad - where did you all go? Going to get a life, back later

Hope you all have a Safe and Happy Easter Break - save me some chocolattes,

Hi theminis, I've been logging in later than usual. There have been too many things going on at work including after work events that I have to go to so if I do log on it's at odder hours.

For the last few weeks I've just been coming home popping in for a bit, several times actually dozing off in front of the computer and then dragging myself off to bed.

I noticed only three folks on last night so I think it's just the time of year. Spring break here in the US for a lot of families so some might be travellng or entertaining family!

Personally, I'm so am glad the weekend is finally here!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sat 30 Mar 2013, 22:20

Hi Lorna - well that explains why a lot of the US girls are busy - just a little spooky -

Im glad too that we are having school holidays and Easter break, waiting for the kids to realise so they will stop getting up at 6.30am, is there no justice really, just a little sleep in is all Im asking for!

Well its Easter Sunday here in Oz so for you and my other friends on COH, hope Easter brings with it some wealth of the heart, peace, happiness, love, harmony and chocolates!!! Very Happy
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 30 Mar 2013, 23:43

Here in UK it's Spring Forward night for our time....so we lose an hour of our lives....again !

Happy Easter Sunday to everyone. Give Flowers
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Sat 30 Mar 2013, 23:51

Happy Easter Sunday to those who are already at Sunday !!
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 31 Mar 2013, 18:46

Has anyone heard from Cindi lately......I'm wondering how she is now.....Do hope she's feeling a bit better.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Sun 31 Mar 2013, 18:52

Joanna wrote:Has anyone heard from Cindi lately......I'm wondering how she is now.....Do hope she's feeling a bit better.

She's staying with her daughter at the moment because she's been so ill. I am relieved that she isn't alone during this very stressful time. It's hard to be ill and all alone and they're still trying to figure out what is the cause of her illness. The last time I spoke to her, she was getting ready to go her daughter's home and said she wouldn't be able to keep in touch for now. When I hear from her again, I'll be sure to post to let everyone know how she's doing. Please keep her in your prayers, she really needs it now.
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 31 Mar 2013, 18:56

Lighterside wrote:
Joanna wrote:Has anyone heard from Cindi lately......I'm wondering how she is now.....Do hope she's feeling a bit better.

She's staying with her daughter at the moment because she's been so ill. I am relieved that she isn't alone during this very stressful time. It's hard to be ill and all alone and they're still trying to figure out what is the cause of her illness. The last time I spoke to her, she was getting ready to go her daughter's home and said she wouldn't be able to keep in touch for now. When I hear from her again, I'll be sure to post to let everyone know how she's doing. Please keep her in your prayers, she really needs it now.

Oh thank you lighter....so pleased she's not alone....I was getting concerned.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 31 Mar 2013, 20:54

Found on MSN....can you top these complaints Katie ??

Install a window in my cabin’, ‘Why is the sea so loud?’ and ‘Where is Gary Barlow?’ among ridiculous cruise ship requests

Sunday 31 Mar 2013 2:25 pm

Some of the most ridiculous complaints and requests received from cruise ship passengers have been released (Picture: File)

The most ridiculous complaints and requests received from cruise ship passengers have been released, including one from a woman who asked for a window to be installed so she could get a view of the sea.

Another instance involved a couple calling the captain ‘rude’ when he sailed off after refusing a request via a note to stay put so they could see more sights.

The lack of celebrities on board ships was also a concern for sea goers, with one woman demanding an explanation as to why Take That star Gary Barlow was not on the cruise despite having been on an earlier trip.

Another woman also complained to a company called Celebrity Cruises that no celebrities were present.

Bonvoyage.co.uk cruise development manager Steph Curtin said: ‘From time to time we come across a few quirky complaints that we can do little to help.

‘I’m afraid we can’t be held responsible for the sea being too loud or the lack of celebrities on board.’

More passengers complained about issues that may seem strange to most of us, including not getting a tan while on a cruise in Alaska and a lady complaining the sound of the sea was too loud.

All there seems left is for someone to complain there’s too much water around…
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 31 Mar 2013, 21:46

We humans are a whiny bunch aren't we?

I used to work in the hospitality industry and I once had a woman complain that there weren't enough hair dryers in the room for the SIX women staying there when they only paid for two.

As a matter of fact, some of us humans are a bit stupid too! Brahahahahaha

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 31 Mar 2013, 22:00

Ooooopsie.....hope they all got a bil.....Lol

In my working life I used to have to attend court with the Local Authority Lawyers to give evidence when parents with children in care didn't pay their financial contributions and built up large arrears.....so you can imagine the complaints I got from them !
Also sons or daughters getting very irate towards me about their parent having to actually pay for their own care when living in a home for the elderly. They hated having to see their inheritance being spent like that !
I longed to say "Well, have your mother to live with you then to save the money" but it was more than my job's worth...LOL
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4