George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
March Chit chat - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
March Chit chat - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
March Chit chat - Page 3 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
March Chit chat - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
March Chit chat - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
March Chit chat - Page 3 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
March Chit chat - Page 3 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
March Chit chat - Page 3 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
March Chit chat - Page 3 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

March Chit chat

+15
playfuldeb
blubelle
Best in Category
Lighterside
Dior
ktsue2002
cindigirl
OofOof
it's me
melbert
LornaDoone
silly girl
Joanna
theminis
Katiedot
19 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

March Chit chat - Page 3 Empty Re: March Chit chat

Post by cupcake Thu 21 Mar 2013, 16:09

Lakin460 wrote:theminis, you have the best stories about your family. Luv 'em!

cindigirl, hope you're feeling better and in keeping with your man vs. woman funny comparison, I'm posting this. Haven't been on the chit chat threads in a long time, so if this has already been posted, sorry....

Differences Between Man and Women in a Shower

How To Shower Like a Woman:

Take off clothing and place it in sectioned laundry hamper according to lights and darks.

Walk to bathroom wearing long dressing gown.

If you see husband along the way, cover up any exposed areas.

Look at your womanly physique in the mirror - make mental note to do more sit-ups/leg-lifts,etc. Get in the shower.

Use face cloth, arm cloth, leg cloth, long loofah,wide loofah and pumicestone.

Wash your hair once with cucumber and sage shampoo with 43 added vitamins.

Wash your hair again to make sure it's clean.

Condition your hair with grapefruit mint conditioner enhanced.

Wash your face with crushed apricot facial scrub for 10 minutes until red.

Wash entire rest of body with ginger nut and jaffa cake body wash.

Rinse conditioner off hair.

Shave armpits and legs. Turn off shower.

Squeegee off all wet surfaces in shower.

Spray mold spots with Tilex.

Get out of shower.

Dry with towel the size of a small country.

Wrap hair in super absorbent towel.

Return to bedroom wearing long dressing gown and towel on head.

If you see husband along the way, cover up any exposed areas.

How To Shower Like a Man:

Take off clothes while sitting on the edge of the bed and leave them in a pile.

Walk naked to the bathroom.

If you see wife along the way, shake wiener at her making the 'woo-woo' sound.

Look at your manly physique in the mirror.

Admire the size of your wiener and scratch your butt.

Get in the shower.

Wash your face.

Wash your armpits.

Blow your nose in your hands and let the water rinse them off.

Fart and laugh at how loud it sounds in the shower.

Spend majority of time washing privates and surrounding area.

Wash your butt, leaving those coarse butt hairs stuck on the soap.

Wash your hair. Make a Shampoo Mohawk.

Pee.

Rinse off and get out of shower.

Partially dry off.

Fail to notice water on floor because curtain was hanging out of tub the whole time.

Admire wiener size in mirror again.

Leave shower curtain open, wet mat on floor, light and fan on.

Return to bedroom with towel around waist.

If you pass wife, pull off towel, shake wiener at her and make the 'woo-woo' sound again.

Throw wet towel on bed.

If there is anyone among you who did not laugh at the truth behind this, there is something so very wrong with you.

Have a great day! And, "woo woo"!!!
this is so true woo woo Bathtub
cupcake
cupcake
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Fri 22 Mar 2013, 00:10

As the gals in US say - snark alert.

There is a stay-at-home Mum at school with 4 children under 6 that I have been admiring from afar for quite awhile - no Im not coming out - read on....
This woman looks like she is going to an Escada event every morning of her life to do the school run - found myself envious of how she is able to look so put together, and get everyone ready for school on time. Wondered what her secret was - I get up at 6.30am and still can't manage it. Ive said hello a few times over the years but today I stopped and spoke to her. Told her I was amazed at how wonderful she looks each and every morning and said I wished I had the time (and money, didn't add that) and the energy to do the same. Expected her to thank me for complimenting her but instead, she turned around and said to me - yes you really have let yourself go!!! I get up at 5.30am and get myself ready and presentable, so that I am more than able to have the time to devote to my husband/childrens needs - WTF! Was about to headbutt her for her honesty and rudeness but moved on, may still let down the tyres on her Porsche Cayenne!!
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Fri 22 Mar 2013, 01:48

OMG! I know you're too nice but I'll say it for you--that woman is a BITCH or Biotch as one of my friends loves to say! How rude! I'll bet her house is in perfect condition--nothing out of order and I'd bet even more that her kids are the most unhappy children in the school! Stepford Wife!!!!

And, in addition to letting the air out of her tires (tyres?) I think you should also wait a few weeks and then walk up to her and ask her "is everything okay with you? You just look so tired and you're always so put together!"

See...I'm horrible today. I think it's the meds I'm on now but maybe it's just me feeling better after a month of Hell and my old, nasty self is starting to resurface!
OofOof
OofOof
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Fri 22 Mar 2013, 01:53

I am so sorry theminis...what a rude woman. You are a far better person than she will ever be. Give Flowers

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Fri 22 Mar 2013, 01:56

Yes she is! She's funny, she's nice and I happen to know she's also beautiful and she's got 3 kids under the age of 7! The lady needs to take Prozac or maybe a little of Lakin's Xanax?
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Fri 22 Mar 2013, 02:02

Sillygirl/Oof - thanks - no need for rudeness, especially to strangers, don't get that kind of behaviour - her problem though.
Nothing wrong in wanting to look fabulous every day but you need to remember to bring along your fabulous personality too!!

Tyres is how we spell it in the land of Oz - why I don't know?
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Fri 22 Mar 2013, 02:04

Thanks Oof, you are a sweetie, thanks for the compliments, wasn't fishing but will take the bait anyhow xx
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Fri 22 Mar 2013, 02:10

All true! You are up LATE!
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Fri 22 Mar 2013, 02:48

So...anyone out there have any ideas about wrinkles around the mouth. I've just started noticing some lines and am not going to accept them. Any suggetions or are all of you in your 20's or early 30's and still blissfully ignorant about gravity and what it does to your body?
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Fri 22 Mar 2013, 03:02

Well I was told, don't know if its true that only muscle relaxants like botox or a bit of collagen can get rid of the lines around the mouth. I tried this stuff that freezes wrinkles and allegedly plumps up your face - don't bother, sham sham sham
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Fri 22 Mar 2013, 03:06

Ooh. Kind of afraid of botox after seeing all the pics of different celebs here and on other sites. I'm a big chicken about stuff like that. By collagen you mean like sticking it into the areas needing plumping?

I've lost so much weight in the past year, things are sagging. I look in the mirror and go into shock! Thanks for the info on the freezing stuff. Thought it was too good to be true. I was up late a few nights ago and saw an ad for Cindy Crawford's skin care line. When I googled it, boy did I find tons of people who were not happy! Guess all those things are shams.

Sadness!
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 22 Mar 2013, 03:09

I'm 112 y/o and I don't have a wrinkle one!!! But, I'm not going to tell my secret because you'll all think I'm a wacko pervert!!!!
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Fri 22 Mar 2013, 03:10

Its a bit late to worry about us thinking that now Mel!! (only joking of course)
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 22 Mar 2013, 03:23

I tried Cindy's stuff about 5 years ago. Broke out - sent it back.

And on a different note - thank god for earphones. I'm drowning out the rude neighbors who never seem to be able to live their lives INSIDE their own place!

Really, seriously, do they really think anyone wants to hear their drunken conversations? I'm hoping they'll start fighting with each other so I can take video of it and get them evicted.

So I'm drowning them out with Josh Groban's newest CD - All That Echos and it's awesome!

Yea, suppose I should have put this in music can but just giving an example of what I'm using to drown out the neighbors.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Fri 22 Mar 2013, 03:29

I have put my IPOD on repeat up real loud - left the house for a walk and blasted mine with PSY's Gangham Style - vicious I know but fun, well for me
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 22 Mar 2013, 03:45

Unfortunately, there are others around here that don't annoy so that wouldn't be fair to them.

Wait, I think they actually left! The wife came home, told him to put out the trash bin, he makes a holy hell racket with it when he drops it under my window - probably on purpose cause he's that kind of ass and now they seem to have left.

Now if I could just figure out a way to get them to keep going...
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Fri 22 Mar 2013, 04:18

So sorry Lorna. Bad neighbors are the worst. Used to live in an apt and a 3rd chair violinist with the Portland Symphony moved in. He practiced for hours ALL DAY LONG. It sounded like it was in my apt. When you were in the elevators coming up to my floor, he sounded like he was right there as well.

I didn't complain for weeks and finally had had it. Didn't know others had already weighed in and felt so guilty. The manager tried to suggest I was lucky to have this violinist from "the Oregon Symphony." I don't know if any of you have ever heard a violinist who wasn't that great and, better yet, one who practiced scales all day long. After many complaints they offered him a small room in the basement of the building. He said no!

So...my next door neighbor and I cooked up a plan. I moved my stereo speakers right up against the wall to his place. When he'd start playing, I'd stick on a classical flute recording and turn that sucker up all the way. Then Leon and I would go to dinner. After a week of that...he moved on.
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 22 Mar 2013, 04:40

OofOof wrote:So sorry Lorna. Bad neighbors are the worst. Used to live in an apt and a 3rd chair violinist with the Portland Symphony moved in. He practiced for hours ALL DAY LONG. It sounded like it was in my apt. When you were in the elevators coming up to my floor, he sounded like he was right there as well.

I didn't complain for weeks and finally had had it. Didn't know others had already weighed in and felt so guilty. The manager tried to suggest I was lucky to have this violinist from "the Oregon Symphony." I don't know if any of you have ever heard a violinist who wasn't that great and, better yet, one who practiced scales all day long. After many complaints they offered him a small room in the basement of the building. He said no!

So...my next door neighbor and I cooked up a plan. I moved my stereo speakers right up against the wall to his place. When he'd start playing, I'd stick on a classical flute recording and turn that sucker up all the way. Then Leon and I would go to dinner. After a week of that...he moved on.

Oh thank you for the laugh I needed that! So funny and so useful.

I've decided I'm just going to find something far from others. A small house with some land around it. Am looking every day so I'm sure something will come up.

I'm at the age where I'm tired of repeating myself to new generations of nitwits - so I'm just going to remove myself from the fray. Just trying to find the right place.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Fri 22 Mar 2013, 05:15

Good plan. Don't know where you live but a cottage near the ocean sounds lovely. And you'd have the wave action to cover any sounds coming from potential neighbors.
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Fri 22 Mar 2013, 08:58

theminis wrote:As the gals in US say - snark alert.

There is a stay-at-home Mum at school with 4 children under 6 that I have been admiring from afar for quite awhile - no Im not coming out - read on....
This woman looks like she is going to an Escada event every morning of her life to do the school run - found myself envious of how she is able to look so put together, and get everyone ready for school on time. Wondered what her secret was - I get up at 6.30am and still can't manage it. Ive said hello a few times over the years but today I stopped and spoke to her. Told her I was amazed at how wonderful she looks each and every morning and said I wished I had the time (and money, didn't add that) and the energy to do the same. Expected her to thank me for complimenting her but instead, she turned around and said to me - yes you really have let yourself go!!! I get up at 5.30am and get myself ready and presentable, so that I am more than able to have the time to devote to my husband/childrens needs - WTF! Was about to headbutt her for her honesty and rudeness but moved on, may still let down the tyres on her Porsche Cayenne!!

Thank you for the laugh.

I so love it to see women like this one working out hard for their looks each and every day, while I prefer doing simply nothing but pulling my hair together and walking around in baggy jeans and sneakers.
After a while they get used to look down at you and do not fear any competition.
When they feel save, then shock them by dressing up and they get so mad after realizing they did totally underestimate you, plus you have a pretty good life without the pressure they put on themselves...haha..Smile
Dior
Dior
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 22 Mar 2013, 11:28

LornaDoone wrote:Unfortunately, there are others around here that don't annoy so that wouldn't be fair to them.

Wait, I think they actually left! The wife came home, told him to put out the trash bin, he makes a holy hell racket with it when he drops it under my window - probably on purpose cause he's that kind of ass and now they seem to have left.

Now if I could just figure out a way to get them to keep going...

Next time that happens video it and pop it on YouTube ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Fri 22 Mar 2013, 11:51

Dior wrote:
theminis wrote:As the gals in US say - snark alert.

Thank you for the laugh.

I so love it to see women like this one working out hard for their looks each and every day, while I prefer doing simply nothing but pulling my hair together and walking around in baggy jeans and sneakers.
After a while they get used to look down at you and do not fear any competition.
When they feel save, then shock them by dressing up and they get so mad after realizing they did totally underestimate you, plus you have a pretty good life without the pressure they put on themselves...haha..Smile

I honestly was a feeling a little awed at how she must be super organised to be able to look so fabulous at 8.15am in the morning, but you are right Dior, I don't want nor need to feel that kind of pressure to always look perfect.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 22 Mar 2013, 13:04

theminis...Just think that maybe she has to maintain that level of appearance in order to keep her husband interested in her.
One never knows what goes on behind closed doors.

Then again, she may have a hot date with a lover after she's done
the school run every day ! lol!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Fri 22 Mar 2013, 20:08

theminis, you clothe yourself everyday with something this woman knows nothing of - an adornment of grace. It covers you like a garment woven in rare colors of humor, kindness, humility, generosity and integrity. It has always shone through in your posts on here and most recently, in your soothing and self-affirming words of comfort to me. It may sound hokey and trite to say, but that doesn't lessen this truth - YOU are the rare beauty, the one to be envied in this situation. That woman was worse than rude to you, she was cruel when offered a compliment. That speaks volumes about where her values lie and no outward cosmetic perfection can ever conceal such a fatal flaw.
And you held your tongue in the face of it. That, too, speaks volumes. I rest my case.
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Fri 22 Mar 2013, 20:13

So true Lakin! I love it when you are posting. And everything you said about Theminis is spot on. That woman messed up big time because she lost the chance to have a friendship with someone she obviously needs more of in her life!
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Fri 22 Mar 2013, 20:16

Everyone send good thoughts to Cindigirl. She's going through a rough time and needs some LOVE! Hang in there Cindi.
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 22 Mar 2013, 20:25

Cindi...hope you're soon feeling better gal !

Give Flowers Give Flowers Give Flowers Give Flowers
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Fri 22 Mar 2013, 20:30

Cindigirl, hope you are able to get on COH and know that we are hanging with you through this. If there's one thing I've learned from being on here, we're a tough bunch and we don't let each other 'go it alone,' so don't hesitate to let us know what you need or if there's anything we can do.
We'll bug the hell out of you until we know you're better, so keep us posted, k?
Sending you all the love, hugs, chicken soup and warm blankets you can handle, physically or spiritually -
♥ Lakin
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sun 24 Mar 2013, 23:39

Cindigirl - sending you lots of love on the wings of dove (hey that rhymes!) - xxxx

Ladies - my bella una (beautiful one) sang her little heart out at assembly today, along with actions to the song Count on Me. I didn't shed a tear though did have swallow the lump in my throat. She looked so absolutely gorgeous up there I wanted to inhale her. Such a sweetie-pie. My sons class also won an award for excellences in schoolwork all term - so yes today Im feeling like a very proud Mamma -

Now if my 3 year old who Im trying to toilet train can actually remember to stop peeing my leather couch, then today will be an outstanding success!!!!
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 25 Mar 2013, 00:06

Ok theminis.....that's really good.....makes up for the rotten
time Mark had at F1 G P today then !

"Multi 21 Seb"......I'm still spitting blue bricks !!

Bumtits On Stilts....grrrrrrrr
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Mon 25 Mar 2013, 00:24

Hi - thanks ladies for your well wishes. I'm battling diverticulitis and it's a bitch. Not in a very good mood lately. I don't what what's worse, the disease or the medication - OK it's the med. Can't eat, can't drink. My life as I know it is over until I get better. lip smack
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 25 Mar 2013, 00:27

Oh CindiGirl, so glad you posted, but sorry you're so poorly. Give Flowers Hope you feel better soon!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Mon 25 Mar 2013, 00:35

Oh cindigirl I had no idea. I know it stinks but know you will feel better. I know people who have it and while they are on restricted diets they are able to control it. I hope you feel better soon...be brave!

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 25 Mar 2013, 01:17

Cindigirl, I've got a necessary understanding of this stuff. Have the powers that be suggested all the high fibre stuff - grapes, nuts, seeds, raw vegetables etc? It could really help........and wine's not bad either..............!

Hope you're better soon..........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Mon 25 Mar 2013, 03:15

PAN, I think with diverticulitis you must refrain from eating any seeds or nuts. Different then crohn's or uc.
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 25 Mar 2013, 05:07

Oh Cindigirl sorry to hear that. The only good thing I can say is that at least you've got a diagnosis and can get on with treatment, but gosh, horrible, horrible, horrible.

Are you on a liquid diet now or what have they told you to eat?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Mon 25 Mar 2013, 06:07

Lakin460 wrote:theminis, you clothe yourself everyday with something this woman knows nothing of - an adornment of grace. It covers you like a garment woven in rare colors of humor, kindness, humility, generosity and integrity. It has always shone through in your posts on here and most recently, in your soothing and self-affirming words of comfort to me. It may sound hokey and trite to say, but that doesn't lessen this truth - YOU are the rare beauty, the one to be envied in this situation. That woman was worse than rude to you, she was cruel when offered a compliment. That speaks volumes about where her values lie and no outward cosmetic perfection can ever conceal such a fatal flaw.
And you held your tongue in the face of it. That, too, speaks volumes. I rest my case.

Lakin - wow thank you so much, such kind words, truly appreciated xxx
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Mon 25 Mar 2013, 06:09

Joanna wrote:theminis...Just think that maybe she has to maintain that level of appearance in order to keep her husband interested in her.
One never knows what goes on behind closed doors.

Then again, she may have a hot date with a lover after she's done
the school run every day ! lol!

Both could be true - and either option if true is sad for her, poor thing
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Mon 25 Mar 2013, 06:52

@Cindi-girl, I have you in my prayers to feel better

@silly girl - was your comment about it stinking a pun? hehe I took it that way (giggle)

@Lorna - I think our beighbors are related. People just moved above me; the girls teaches dance aerobics for 1 1/2 hours each night so there's a group of people jumping and bouncing up there and her husband plays an electric guitar. Im looking to move soon

@ everyone who lives in the LA area (I think there's a few here) I am looking to buy a used car if anyone knows of one please let me know. The axle broke on my car and the car is so old parts are obsolete. Must be something dependable as I drive for work. I had a Galant that thru a rod at 637,000 miles so I bought a Toyota Cressida (in a hurry to save my job) and it's so old most all parts are obsolete. Im looking again for a car! All feedbacks are truly appreciated.
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Mon 25 Mar 2013, 11:42

RE: Lakin's current obsession with Xanax

For the last couple weeks, I'd been having chest pains, shortness of breath, etc. Sounds like a heart attack, right? and I've had some issues that I'd been worrying about. Nothing too serious, but apparently I was more anxious than I realized. So I'm thinking the stress is affecting my heart.

But I'd been recently cleared three different times by my family doctor to have major surgery - two hip replacements and one lens removal/implant in my left eye. Those medical clearances involve checking for proper oxygenation of the blood and proper heart health. So that sorta' ruled out heart attack/stroke.

Well, I talked to some people who knew some things about a past traumatic event in my life and the consensus was panic attacks, which simulate heart attacks. The anxiety attacks were triggered by smaller stresses that had recently popped up - like my car engine blowing up, North Korea threatening to nuke the US, hiring freezes being implemented in my state, etc. (Hey, my worries are big and small). My boyfriend had some low dose xanax and gave me 1/2 one to see if that had any positive effect. Low and behold, ALL symptoms of chest pain disappeared. I do have an appointment with my doctor next week, so all this will be medically checked out, but it's working great now and I'm only bringing up taking xanax cause it sounds funny to me. I a woman mid-fifties taking xanax. Just sounds stereotypical and humorous. Never would have seen myself in this place 10 years ago.

So all the references to taking xanax, can you take it with wine, etc., are tongue-in-cheek, poking fun at myself. Please don't anyone get alarmed. Just play along. I'm just glad I'm not having chest pains. That scared the hell out of me! And I'm sure my doc will do a thorough exam. Who knows......I may get promoted to Prozac!!!! LOLOL!

Have a good day all! Off work today and have the house to myself. Plan to take full advantage. Watching Argo and Taken 2 for starters!
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 25 Mar 2013, 12:01

What is Xanax for Lakin ?
Have you started the menopause cos that can cause
anxiety sometimes.

I was put on Prozac by a young trainee GP for anxiety
a few years ago.
Oh Never Again !! Came off it once I checked the fancy name of the tablets on the Internet as I'd felt so awful while taking them.
Went cold turkey and got better. Prayer helped me a lot.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Mon 25 Mar 2013, 12:40

I won't go on Prozac. Too strong. Wellbutrin, Lexapro - all those are pretty strong and I think they fall in the psychotropic family of drugs. The prozac reference was meant to be humorous, as well. Probably shouldn't be saying those things. There are people for whom they are prescribed who genuinely benefit from their effects.

I am post menopausal. Haven't had a period in over 18 months. I think these anxiety symptoms are "flashbacks" if you will, to a very traumatic moment in my life about 4 years ago. Because there are still unresolved issues stemming from that, when small 'everyday' stresses mount up, it can cause a physical reaction. All this is, of course, my layman's take on it. Plan to discuss it with my doc next week. For now, the xanax, which is an anti anxiety medication, is taking the edge off until I can get a better handle on the root issues.

And yes, I pray. but not a whole lot. Unfortunately, religion played a pivotal role in that traumatic watershed moment I've been referring to. 'Nuff said for now, for 'tis a long and sordid tale.

Just didn't want folks to worry, thinking I was becoming a druggie with all the xanax references lately. To me, it's humorous, because I've never been an advocate of prescribed medication. Now look at me!
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Mon 25 Mar 2013, 12:50

I hope you feel better Lakin. I get those same feelings all the time. I think they are anxiety attacks. At least I hope they are. Mostly at night the palpations are the scariest. I was given xanax once when my Mom died and I hated the feeling. I wanted to cry but couldn't. As a big cryer (I cry at the drop of a hat) it felt too weird. But if it works for you that is great....my brother takes it. I think I will just stick to wine.

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Mon 25 Mar 2013, 13:25

OMG! Cindy and Lakin, I'm so sorry to hear that you're feeling so poorly. I will definitely light candles for both of you, for full recovery of health and happiness.

Lakin, you've really had your share of medical problems...I think I'll do a novena of candles for your healing. Anxiety can also cause a lot of damage to your body if left unchecked, so don't hestitate to consult your doctor to get it relieved and don't worry about stupid stereotypes!

And Sillygirl...I guess I should be lighting more candles for your "job hunt"? You haven't mentioned getting another job yet, so I'll start praying for that again too. I've been kind of side tracked lately and haven't been paying attention to what others here need.

@playful deb...I don't see why I can't light a candle to "light up the way" to another newer car for you...one that works! LOL

My dining room table is really getting crowded these days with all the intentions...I hope I don't burn down the house one day! sunny

Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 25 Mar 2013, 13:32

Oh no don't do that lighter.....then we'll be lighting candles
for your new house.
Shall we declare an Open House Candle Lighting Day
across the pond ?
Which day is best for everyone ?
It's lovely that we all care about each other here across the miles,
Thanks to George ! flower

More flowers for our poorly friends..... Give Flowers Give Flowers
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Mon 25 Mar 2013, 13:34

Ahhhh, Lighter! How sweet! Man, I'm so thankful for you women on here! You really have no idea how much you have kept me afloat at times! May all the love you've shown me return to you sevenfold!

Thanks, sillygirl! I take a VERY low dosage - .5 mg. I barely feel the effects, except it seems to alleviate the chest pain and I don't allow myself to get so emotionally worked up as easily. Other than that, no weird feelings or 'loopiness' or even 'flat', like I have no emotion at all. In fact, I feel pretty normal. I'll find out more next Wednesday. Thanks for your concern.
Both my bf and I work in a women's prison, so our days can get pretty stressful - especially his, because he's a substance abuse counselor in a very intensive drug therapeutic unit. His doctor prescribed it for him to help him from allowing the women to drive him up a wall and tempt him to blow up at them. Believe me, if the inmates think they can push your buttons, they'll try!
Anyway, being a substance abuse counselor, he's uber conscious of abuse issues for both of us and keeps a close eye on me, in particular. Not just with the xanax, but drinking wine, too. I'm glad.
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Mon 25 Mar 2013, 22:19

Ah Lakin, I'm so sorry for your anxiety issues. I know how hard those can be to deal with. But I have to tell you, I don't know what I would have done without you these few days. Your humor has helped me to stop feeling so sorry for myself--something I really don't tend to do but between a sister who's very ill and then getting sick myself, I let myself fall into that victim's mode and your funny "rants" and posts have helped me through the day.

I think maybe Cindi and I should move in together. For the past month, I've had the opposite problem--I've been spending most of my days in the bathroom and it's not been fun. I had a colonoscopy finally last Monday and my large intestine is severely inflamed and bleeding.

I went to my doctor today and I have ulcerative colitis. When I was very young, I had stomach problems and was put on Prednisone and gained more than 100 pounds so I really, really don't want to take this medication but he says if I don't want my intestine to perforate, I have to take it.

For the past week I've taken cortisone enemas which haven't helped much but, in spite of the fact I'm barely getting between 700-900 calories a day and, trying to keep my workouts going, I have not lost a pound. Now with this increased dosage by mouth, I'm dreading it. I took care of my Mom for several years before her death a few years ago and got so depressed I gained an incredible amount of weight. Over the past year, I've lost 188 pounds and counting and the thought of gaining it back is a bit upsetting.

Apparently with prednisone, you retain fluids which the doctor thinks is what happened this past week. I'm now going on 40 mg of the stuff a day so I'm sure I'll be blowing up into a blimp soon. I guess the only good thing is I'll get that lovely steroid moon face and those little wrinkles I noticed around my mouth will disappear!

And, after reading for a few days on forums like this for UC, I've started a gluten, sugar, egg, dairy, corn, soy and corn free diet. Really fun but hoping it may help me go into remission sooner. Yesterday, I felt so sorry for myself, I went to bed at 5 and just stayed there for the rest of the night. Reading all of your posts today, and Lakin's funny regaling of her problems, I feel better and will stop wallowing!

But, if occasionally, I sound shrill or nasty, bear with me ladies, I'm just so tired of this whole thing it's hard to be positive.

So here's to Cindigirl--here's hoping we both turn the corner soon with all this stomach shit! (You visiting the bathroom more and me less!) And to you Lakin, I hope your anxiety issues resolve soon. I don't know if you've tried Pilates but it might relax you and help you with some of those issues related to your anxiety. And Silly Girl, here's to you finding that perfect job soon--since I seem to be doing a lot of crying lately, the next time you start sobbing, PM me, no doubt, I'll be blubbering on as well.

Anyway, thanks ladies.
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 25 Mar 2013, 22:24

Oof-oof, fellow sufferer here since the age of 17 - so forever! PM me anytime you like. A wealth of experience - and potential giggles. I promise you - await!!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Mon 25 Mar 2013, 22:36

OMG oof - I'm so sorry about your stomach problem. I know misery loves company but you've been suffering longer than me and I feel really bad for you. I'm taking a medication since Friday called Flagyl and I wouldn't recommend it to even my worst enemy. Right now it feels like it's boring a hole in my stomach.

Here's hoping we both come out this with our sanity.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 25 Mar 2013, 22:38

To Everyone who's Poorly......

March Chit chat - Page 3 10159410
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down