George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George in Tuscany
George Clooney's new tequila will fund Sudanese satellite EmptyYesterday at 19:45 by benex

» The Good News
George Clooney's new tequila will fund Sudanese satellite EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
George Clooney's new tequila will fund Sudanese satellite EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney's new tequila will fund Sudanese satellite EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney's new tequila will fund Sudanese satellite EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney's new tequila will fund Sudanese satellite EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney's new tequila will fund Sudanese satellite EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney's new tequila will fund Sudanese satellite EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney's new tequila will fund Sudanese satellite EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney's new tequila will fund Sudanese satellite

2 posters

Go down

George Clooney's new tequila will fund Sudanese satellite Empty George Clooney's new tequila will fund Sudanese satellite

Post by Katiedot Thu 28 Feb 2013, 06:01

Confirmation of what we already know: that some of the profits of this go to Satellite Sentinel. If I remember rightly (and don't quote me on this), George and Rande split the profits, so it's 'only' George's part that raises money for this, but still.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

George Clooney's new tequila will fund Sudanese satellite

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Actor's Casamigos brand is earning rave reviews while also raising cash to help monitor the conflict in the Sudan.

Tue, Feb 26 2013 at 2:15 PM

Don't look now, but George Clooney has another massive hit on his hands — and it has absolutely nothing to do with Hollywood.

The actor, who took home yet another Oscar last weekend for his producing role on "Argo," recently launched a new brand of tequila called Casamigos. Made from 100 percent Blue Weber agave, the line includes a clear "blanco" and a darker, oak-aged "reposado," with each earning praise from tequila aficionados.

"It's a gorgeous, light amber color, and it smells divine, with aromas of sandalwood and vanilla," writes Victor Ozols of BlackBook on the reposado. "On the palate it's pure pleasure: smooth, smokey, and mildly sweet, featuring the vegetal note of the agave without the bitter ick factor found in cheap tequilas. I tasted faint whispers of artichoke and honey, as if the savory and the sweet were doing a sexy dance together."

That Clooney could pull off a commercial tequila in his spare time is the result of a collaboration with longtime pal Rande Gerber, a successful owner of high-end bars and lounges who also happens to know a thing or two about launching a new spirit. The story goes that they made some initial batches just to indulge in their love of tequila, but soon decided to expand and make a commercial run of it.

“We were always looking for the perfect tequila and we could never find it, so we said, ‘What the hell? Let’s give it a shot and make our own,’ ” Clooney told The Miami Herald in January. “I’m not just endorsing this. It’s ours. … I even crushed the agave with my own feet.”

Of course this being George Clooney, he's not interested in padding his bank account with the profits, but using it to fund something close to his heart.

"Our tequila is doing really well, so I'm just going to stick with that for a while," George told E! Online. "I have a satellite over South Sudan that I'm trying to keep some people alive with. It costs me a lot of money every year so now I'm getting it paid for."

The 51-year-old launched the Satellite Sentinel Project back in 2010 with an aim to capture real-time satellite imagery of potential threats to civilians along both sides of the Sudanese border.

"We want to let potential perpetrators of genocide and other war crimes know that we're watching — the world is watching," Clooney said. "War criminals thrive in the dark. It's a lot harder to commit mass atrocities in the glare of the media spotlight."

ou can learn more about the Satellite Sentinel Project here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney's new tequila will fund Sudanese satellite Empty Re: George Clooney's new tequila will fund Sudanese satellite

Post by aflower1325 Fri 01 Mar 2013, 06:25

Way to go George! Thumbs up! He makes me love and respect what he does even more every day! Truly a classy guy! Not worthy
aflower1325
aflower1325
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down