George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney coming to the DNC, according to Sudanese 'lost boy' EmptyWed 08 May 2024, 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney coming to the DNC, according to Sudanese 'lost boy' EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney coming to the DNC, according to Sudanese 'lost boy' EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney coming to the DNC, according to Sudanese 'lost boy' EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney coming to the DNC, according to Sudanese 'lost boy' EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney coming to the DNC, according to Sudanese 'lost boy' EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney coming to the DNC, according to Sudanese 'lost boy' EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney coming to the DNC, according to Sudanese 'lost boy' EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney coming to the DNC, according to Sudanese 'lost boy' EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney coming to the DNC, according to Sudanese 'lost boy'

5 posters

Go down

George Clooney coming to the DNC, according to Sudanese 'lost boy' Empty George Clooney coming to the DNC, according to Sudanese 'lost boy'

Post by silly girl Wed 29 Aug 2012, 22:56

I know we read that he wasn't going, but maybe.....

Clooney coming to the DNC, according to Sudanese 'lost boy'

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- The Great Harvest Bread Company on Kings Drive in Charlotte hired Gabriel Mabek Chol to bake bread, even though he can’t use his left hand to knead the dough. His attitude outshone his disability, the result of an untreated gunshot wound as a boy in Sudan.

Gabriel’s lifelong passion for human rights in his homeland won him a high-profile friend, the actor George Clooney. Gabriel says he and Clooney were arrested on the same day protesting outside the Sudanese Embassy in Washington, D.C.

Gabriel says matter-of-factly that Clooney will drop in on Charlotte for the Democratic National Convention.

How does he know?

“Well I talk to him,” he said. The actor has long used his status to draw attention to massive human suffering in Darfur.

Gabriel already has his ticket and plans to be present to hear President Obama speak next week as well. He hopes the Darfur region is not forgotten.

“We hope the President will talk about it and definitely he's concerned,” Gabriel said.

Gabriel said the President is well-received in Africa.

“To elect a black man to the White House that was a signal to send to the whole world,” he said.

But he sees racism creeping back in to the American political process.

Now an American citizen, Gabriel said he will vote for the President.

“I want my voice to be heard,” he said.

He knows his friend George Clooney can bring attention to Sudan that he can’t. “He’s a big man,” he said.

But with a powerful presence and a winning smile, Gabriel Mabek Chol, this former “lost boy,” is a big man, too.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Katiedot on Thu 30 Aug 2012, 16:07; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : updated thread title)

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney coming to the DNC, according to Sudanese 'lost boy' Empty Re: George Clooney coming to the DNC, according to Sudanese 'lost boy'

Post by Lighterside Wed 29 Aug 2012, 23:33

That's such a beautiful story about how George's advocacy has directly intersected in the lives of some of the people in the Sudan and how George's involvement made a difference then, as it's still doing today. Gives us a glimpse of what he does and how it affects people. Nice! Thanks for posting it sg!
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

George Clooney coming to the DNC, according to Sudanese 'lost boy' Empty Re: George Clooney coming to the DNC, according to Sudanese 'lost boy'

Post by it's me Wed 29 Aug 2012, 23:48

thank you very much
for that Very Happy
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 30 Aug 2012, 00:06

Brilliant piece of news on so many levels...........

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Thu 30 Aug 2012, 14:27

Would be nice if he could go, but he might be concerned of the attention his being there would cause.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down