George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
project runway EmptyToday at 09:59 by party animal - not!

»  George filming new film in UK
project runway EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
project runway EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
project runway EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
project runway EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
project runway EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
project runway EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
project runway EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
project runway EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

project runway

+6
OofOof
madsky
silly girl
melbert
LornaDoone
very vera
10 posters

Go down

project runway Empty project runway

Post by very vera Fri 21 Dec 2012, 04:21

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

very vera
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

project runway Empty Re: project runway

Post by LornaDoone Fri 21 Dec 2012, 04:47

"...lend her style advice" to the DESIGNERS on the show?

I've watched Project Runway for many seasons and many of these people are truly undiscovered designers who just lack a chance and exposure, but they certainly don't lack talent. I doubt Stacy has any advice that would be of true interest to them.

No really, this is a gal whose clothes selections, prior to her being taken under some stylist's wing, didn't have much talent when it came to putting herself together. Yet she's going to give advice to others in this area?

Let's call this what it is. The producers saw an opportunity to get more publicity with her on the show because she's George's girl friend of the moment. But let's not kid ourselves that she's giving these designers any advice that would lead them to have a better chance of winning the show.

JMO
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 21 Dec 2012, 13:44

Project Runway is one of Harvey's shows, so he's got her on there to prepare us for her Supermarket show.
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 21 Dec 2012, 14:23

mel that might make sense if Harvey were having her host the show but Heidi Klum isn't going to give that gig up to anyone without a fight!

I still think it's George related publicity only. I doubt they'll be "plugging" the supermarket show while she's sitting with Michael Kors and Nina Garcia giving "advice" to the designers.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Fri 21 Dec 2012, 14:26

It is actually the all stars show which has a different host (I don't know her) and different judges. Last night I caught the end and Harvey's wife was a guest judge. Then they showed a behind the scenes program about Marchesa which is also Harvey's wife. Does Mr Weinstein own Lifetime? Wink

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 21 Dec 2012, 14:28

silly girl wrote:It is actually the all stars show which has a different host (I don't know her) and different judges. Last night I caught the end and Harvey's wife was a guest judge. Then they showed a behind the scenes program about Marchesa which is also Harvey's wife. Does Mr Weinstein own Lifetime? Wink

Okay maybe that's where she's going to appear.

Don't they usually bring back the designers that were voted off? Nice, she'll be hosting the show of rejects! Somehow I find that quite funny!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by madsky Fri 21 Dec 2012, 14:42

Harvey Weinstein is the Executive Producer of the Project Runway shows and Stacy's new Super Market project which airs on Lifetime. Harvey doesn't own Lifetime, just the Weinstein Company which produces the television shows and some great movies. Not a bad friend to make on Stacy's part.

madsky
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 21 Dec 2012, 14:51

madsky wrote:Harvey Weinstein is the Executive Producer of the Project Runway shows and Stacy's new Super Market project which airs on Lifetime. Harvey doesn't own Lifetime, just the Weinstein Company which produces the television shows and some great movies. Not a bad friend to make on Stacy's part.

There is no such thing as a free lunch. Yes, that association with George has paid off. But I'll bet there has been or will be some give on George's part to get her that gig.

Oh and let me add, I'm quite aware that nepotism has been a part of Hollywood for years. It's not how talented (or not) that you are - it's who you know and who THEY know that makes the difference. Might as well use George's contracts since the gal knows she's not going to get a ring anytime soon - or ever.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 28 Dec 2012, 13:37

I watched it. They introduced her as an "In demand model and actress... Please welcome the girl with the longest legs in the business-Stacy Keibler". Her input was not that interesting. Kind of had a bored look on her face most of the time. She did not "mentor" any of the designers, was just in the last 20 minutes judging the designers. On one dress, I think the one that won, she said "I'd like to take that dress off her right now and wear it on the red carpet tonight".
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Fri 28 Dec 2012, 13:42

I watched it too. It seemed to me that they needed to prompt her for a response. She wasn't really forthcoming. She wasn't bad just not interesting. I liked the dress that won but I also liked the runner up. I guess since it was a ready to wear segment SK was there to represent the off the rack consumer.

Felt bad for the girl who got kicked off. The only person I knew of the judges was Mizrahi (not sure how to spell) although the Tahari designer was very cute and sweet.

I hesitated saying anything here but SK seemed out of place, she shouldn't have worn such a bright color even though what she wore was actually a nice dress. Just compared to the other judges it was as I said out of place. JMO.

Last edited by silly girl on Fri 28 Dec 2012, 13:58; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wow my grammar is bad...correcting...)

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 28 Dec 2012, 13:51

I agree with you SillyGirl. Compared to how "up" and excited as she was in the magazine interview, she definitely wasn't the same person on the show.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Fri 28 Dec 2012, 17:42

Just watched it and decided she was trying to look serious so she didn't smile or say much. I don't watch the All Stars Project. Used to love the original Project Runway but think it's run its course. With the exception of Christian Siriano there just hasn't been any amazing talent discovered.

The one thing that did occur to me with regard to Stacy is I found it sad that her job is really walking red carpets. Don't know why it saddened me as she's making more in one appearance on a red carpet than I make in 3 months of 18 hour days but I felt sorry for her. (don't hit me!!!!)
OofOof
OofOof
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Fri 28 Dec 2012, 18:19

OofOof wrote:The one thing that did occur to me with regard to Stacy is I found it sad that her job is really walking red carpets. Don't know why it saddened me as she's making more in one appearance on a red carpet than I make in 3 months of 18 hour days but I felt sorry for her. (don't hit me!!!!)

No, no one is going to hit you. LOL And yes, her job is to walk the red carpet and she does it with a wide (although not sincere) smile on her face. When she's doing other promos I think she doesn't know what expression to use. I don't feel sorry for her but I don't envy her job either, if that makes sense.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Fri 28 Dec 2012, 18:20

Is there a recorded vid to that?
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Fri 28 Dec 2012, 18:34

What will she be doing when George kicks her out ? albino
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Fri 28 Dec 2012, 18:52

Cindi, What happened?

Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Fri 28 Dec 2012, 18:52

Here is the video of the program. I couldn't find an embed button. She is on at the end.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by silly girl on Fri 28 Dec 2012, 19:29; edited 2 times in total

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Fri 28 Dec 2012, 18:57

Thanks Silly Girl for the link, but the vid is not working.

I have to go. I'll check in later.

Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Fri 28 Dec 2012, 19:22

Maggy wrote:Cindi, What happened?

Sorry Maggy, when I previewed the vid I realized it was from her WWR days and not Project Runway. I can still post it, but it doesn't apply to the topic.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Fri 28 Dec 2012, 20:14

If you go to the Project Runway site you can watch the whole thing...if you want to waste an hour of your life like this idiot did! What can I say...my family exhausted me for Christmas, I'm sick and just needed a break from life.
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 28 Dec 2012, 23:36

The video worked for me but decided I'll just wait till the episode airs again, which they often do, to watch it. Didn't want to waste the bandwidth streaming it.

One thing I noticed, the prizes seem much more elaborate than for the regular project runway winner. They get a spread in Marie Clare too but not a year's consulting position. Plus the all stars get a sewing studio, office space and equipment in addition to the cash prize. At least I don't remember the regular PR winners getting so much.

Anyway, like I said, I'll watch it when it reruns on TV. But thanks silly girl for the link.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 29 Dec 2012, 01:56

If you're only interested in the Stacy part, you can move the bar to about the 22 minute mark (you can't skip over the commercials - sorry) That's when the judges appear and the fashions are shown. That's the only part Stacy's in.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Sat 29 Dec 2012, 04:46

Melbert you are a good person. Believe me, it's not worth watching the whole thing. The original show was really great the first few years but like all reality shows, it's gotten tired. Then they added this All Stars one and it's a poor stepsister to the first! Don't think Stacy did too badly. She was the way she always is.
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Sun 30 Dec 2012, 08:07

Some reviews. Stacy barely gets a mention....

Project Runway All Stars Recap: Skipping Beer Thursday
By Lauren Hoffman

When there's a designer left on Runway or All Stars who absolutely must go home because it's baffling how they've survived this far in the competition, one of two types of episodes will result. Either the designer won't go home and, as a result, the episode will be an engrossing fiasco; or the designer will go home and the hour will be a slow trudge toward that inevitability. This week's episode was the latter, unfortunately.

The designers meet Carolyn at Elie Tahari's studio, and I'm guessing they weren't told where they were going in advance, because Joshua is wearing neon boxer briefs for some reason. Carolyn tells the designers that this week is the ready-to-wear challenge, and introduces Elie himself to give them the details (he mispronounces Carolyn's name, which I find oddly delightful). He explains the client is modern, sophisticated, and feminine, and points out that because it's a retail-based challenge, the price point should be one of the designers' primary focuses. The winning look will be manufactured and sold in Elie Tahari stores. Elie's fabric storerooms are at the designers' disposal, and he'll co-mentor the challenge alongside Joanna. Everyone flips out accordingly.

Each designer takes a design brief and finds a corner of the office for sketching and planning (my sympathies to the displaced assistants whose desks they clearly stole) and, after a Supermarket Sweep–style trip through the fabric storeroom, they head back to the workroom. Uli's immediately worried that the white she chose isn't going to stand out enough, an anxiety that isn't eased by Emilio pointing out that this will be the fourth white dress she's done in eight weeks of challenges. Ivy chose a print and is duly nervous, while Emilio is (overly?) confident that his gold and orange color blocking will give him the edge on the runway.

Everyone is noticeably on edge when Elie and Joanna come by for critiques, but it helps that Elie Tahari is exceedingly gracious and precise in his critiques. Joanna points out that Ivy's fabric might not be a successful choice, since she's not accustomed to prints. Elie politely says, " ... It's bold." When he goes on to express concern about the length of Ivy's dress, she responds that the customer could "hem it to the length she wanted to," which seems almost appallingly unaware of how people choose, buy, and wear clothes. Elie says that the pink lace on Joshua's dress "takes him someplace else"; Anthony Ryan helpfully points out that that place may be the Playboy mansion. Joanna and Elie both express concern about Emilio's color choices, and he starts to consider dialing it back a bit. Uli is actually relieved to hear Elie say that her dress is unflattering, since it gives her permission to start over. And while Joanna fawns over Anthony Ryan's look again this week, Elie turns his critique into a parable about appreciating things and working hard, and everyone ends up crying. Seriously.

Anthony Ryan has a quick video chat with his boyfriend, who tells him, "They were having Beer Thursday at work and I skipped it to talk to you!" True love. Ivy video chats with Casanova, which actually makes me a little sad. I know they were great friends in the competition, but wouldn't she rather talk to a friend or family member from home? (This is what happens when you get overinvested in the lives of reality television contestants.) Still, they have a sweet chat, and he urges her to do her best and keep fighting.

The morning of the runway, Carolyn mechanically recites Elie Tahari's life story to the designers and introduces Stacy Keibler as "the girl with the longest legs in the business." Ivy's finally sent home for her underwhelming near-maxi dress, which is a tiny bit surprising, given that Elie's feedback about Joshua's look is that when he saw his model coming, he "felt like slutty lady." Anthony Ryan gets the win for a dress that's totally underwhelming and seems like it would be out of place at Elie Tahari stores, and I'm really surprised that Uli's perfectly executed, versatile white dress wasn't the winner. These judges seem to favor Anthony Ryan pretty heavily, and while he does do very good work, it doesn't make for very fair competition or interesting television if they're determined to give him the win.

Next week, Katie Holmes guest-stars! I'm legitimately excited.

Link

Project Runway All Stars Recap: Retail Ready To Wear Fashion
December 28, 2012 06:00 AM by Donna W. Martin

On tonight’s episode of Project Runway All Stars, the five remaining designers were faced with a retail ready to wear challenge. And there was a fabulous prize for the winner too! Who had their design all sewn up? Who failed to make the cut? Take the jump to find out…

Tonight’s episode started with the designers strolling down 5th Avenue to Elie Tahari’s design studio where the met up with Carolyn and Elie. Carolyn described this week’s challenge as a retail ready to wear design taken to the next level, a wow look. She explained, “You are catering to a modern, sophisticated, and feminine lady” while working toward the “most important number in the business, the retail price.”

She went on to say, “Your designs, fabrics, embellishments, and the amount of work it takes to manufacture” your garments must be at a cost low enough to make a profit when the retail price point is between $500 to $700.

The winner of this week’s challenge will win a prize Elie told the designers. He said his company would manufacture the winner’s garment, feature it in their windows, and sell the design in all their stores and online at elietahari.com. Plus, all profits made from the sale of the winning design would go to benefit Save the Garment Center there in New York.

Carolyn told the designers that Elie’s team would be on hand during the challenge to make sure the design and fabric they chose would hit the targeted retail price point. And Elie told them they would have full access to his fabric floor and could choose whatever they wanted to create their design.

Carolyn instructed them to gather their briefs and HP tablets with Intel to begin their sketches. After 30 minutes, the designers headed to the fabric floor. Once they chose their fabrics, the designers went to the cutting room where they had a price consultation with one of Elie’s staff. Then it was back to the workroom to get busy.

Back in the workroom, Uli realized she was the only designer to choose white fabric, which worried her because everyone else had chosen a color or print.

Later, Joanna and Elie come in to have a look at the designers work in process. Elie told Ivy she had chosen a bold print and it showed she had a lot of guts but it should be shorter. Then he questioned what was going on with Joshua’s open front garment and said that the fuchsia fabric and lace took the garment to another place.

Joanna said Emilio’s design looked hard to wear and Elie said the back without the coloring blocking looked stronger. Then they moved on to Uli. She was still worried about her fabric choice and fussed over her design. Elie told her it looked heavy to wear and Joanna said the garment looked enormous.

Anthony Ryan described his garment as casual but still forward. Joanna and Elie could see it was a look that could be worn to work and then after. Elie gave him a little heart to heart and told him you appreciate things more when you fight for them. As Joanna and Elie left the workroom, he told the designers to work with “all love; no fear.”

Then the designers got busy making changes. Uli removed the center drape of fabric on the front of her dress and Emilio took out the color blocking to make the entire dress have the same look as the back that Elie liked so much.

Anthony Ryan and Ivy took a short break to video chat. Anthony Ryan chatted with his boyfriend and Ivy with Casanova. Teary-eyed, she confided in Casanova that she felt discouraged but he told her to fight; she wasn’t a loser.

Then it was time for the model fittings. Anthony Ryan’s design fit pretty good but he needed to make some minor adjustments on the sides. Uli however, needed to take in two inches on each side because her manikin was larger than her model. And poor Joshua had to deal with droopy boobs and a weird zipper in the back. Uh oh…

Before they knew it, time was up for the day and the designer’s called it a night. Back at the hotel, they spent some time talking about Elie Tahari. They talked about how he got his start in the fashion industry, and how they needed to be appreciative for what they have. Elie came to New York with only $30, slept in Central Park, and worked as an electrician, but now has the largest design studio on 5th Avenue.

The next day, the designers had two hours to finish their garments before it was time to hit the runway. Uli was wishing she had chosen a print fabric while she worked on her garment’s lining, zipper, and took it in two inches on each side.

Ivy was busy working on the neckline and armholes for her dress but she ignored Elie’s advice to shorten her garment. And Joshua’s zipper is still giving him problems. It has created a wave effect down the back of his dress. “It looks like there’s a dump in her butt,” he said referring to his model. But he couldn’t fix it because it was runway time.

After the models walked, the judges weighed in on each of the designs. Uli was up first. Georgina said the detailing was pretty on the shoulder and that it drew attention to the models face. Isaac said he liked the length of the dress. Carolyn loved it and guest judge Stacy Keibler said it was classy and that she would wear it. Elie Tahari added, “You used the fringe in the right way.”

Then it was on to Ivy’s panel print. Carolyn said she loved the color blocking but didn’t like the slits on the sides. Georgina added the length made the dress feel frumpy. And Elie said the print should lift up and make it lighter. “The black at the bottom should be tucked; she looks heavy,” he said.

The judges said the way Anthony Ryan cut the fabric and gave his dress pockets made the garment feel young and fresh. Elie added the design was easy to wear. “I was impressed,” he said.

Georgina loved Joshua’s fabric color choice but said the profile of his design looked like the breasts were down to the model’s waist. “No one wants droopy breasts,” she said.

Isaac said, “The fabric is gorgeous but I take issue with the fit a lot, I take issue with the length, and the zip thing in the back. I don’t even want to talk about the zip thing in the back. But the lace appliqué makes it go modern.”

Elie said Joshua had a delicious fabric but he got in trouble when he added lace to the dress that did not stretch and Carolyn said the zipper cheapened the dress.

Emilio’s dress was somewhat plain but the judges still believed it was a sellable garment. It was better than some they had seen. “It was a fine dress,” they said. And after the designers left the runway for the judges’ final deliberations, Isaac even said, “I won’t let Emilio go this week. I will lie down on the runway.” Georgina agreed.

Elie said his favorite designs belonged to Anthony Ryan and Uli. All the other judges agreed they were the high scores. The designers in the bottom two were Ivy and Joshua. Georgina said, “I am really torn.”

The judges had to decide who to keep. Ivy does too little. Joshua does too much. So the question was should they keep Ivy and push her to do more or keep Joshua and encourage him to tone down?

The judges made their decision and called the designers back to the runway. Carolyn called Uli and Anthony Ryan and told them one of them was the winner and would have their design manufactured and sold by Elie Tahari designs.

“Anthony Ryan, you are the winner,” she said.

Elie said, “I started 40 years ago on that stage and giving something back is a wonderful feeling.”

Carolyn told Uli she was safe. Then she told Joshua, Emilio, and Ivy they had the low scores.

“Emilio, you are safe,” she said.

Then it was down to Joshua and Ivy. Carolyn said, “Joshua, your fabric was gorgeous. It had so much potential but in your hands, it became average.”

“Ivy, your dress may have worked once a woman put it on but she’s got to want to take it off the hanger first,” Carolyn said.

Then she said, “Ivy, you are out. Joshua, you are in.”

What did you think of tonight’s episode? Whose design was your favorite? And do you agree with the judges’ decision to send Ivy home? Post a comment below and let us know.

Link
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down