George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George in Tuscany
Hurricane Sandy compared to the Perfect Storm---GC mentions - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 19:45 by benex

» The Good News
Hurricane Sandy compared to the Perfect Storm---GC mentions - Page 2 EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
Hurricane Sandy compared to the Perfect Storm---GC mentions - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Hurricane Sandy compared to the Perfect Storm---GC mentions - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
Hurricane Sandy compared to the Perfect Storm---GC mentions - Page 2 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Hurricane Sandy compared to the Perfect Storm---GC mentions - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Hurricane Sandy compared to the Perfect Storm---GC mentions - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Hurricane Sandy compared to the Perfect Storm---GC mentions - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Hurricane Sandy compared to the Perfect Storm---GC mentions - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Hurricane Sandy compared to the Perfect Storm---GC mentions

+18
Best in Category
Lighterside
MM
fluffy
Katiedot
Maggy
theminis
OofOof
bamboochacha
LornaDoone
blubelle
party animal - not!
it's me
Lakin460
Joanna
cindigirl
melbert
silly girl
22 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Hurricane Sandy compared to the Perfect Storm---GC mentions - Page 2 Empty Re: Hurricane Sandy compared to the Perfect Storm---GC mentions

Post by Joanna Mon 29 Oct 2012, 17:54

cindigirl wrote:My best wishes for good luck to you bluebelle. As Gov. Christie says, stay safe and be strong.

Thanks for checking in girls.

Don't forget to charge up phones laptops etc etc and maybe cook a large turkey breast to keep you going with vegs.

Where are you bluebelle ? Maybe you and Cindi could have Clooney
Hunker down together ??

God Bless all of you in the Sandy area......keep safe and warm.
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Hurricane Sandy compared to the Perfect Storm---GC mentions - Page 2 Empty Re: Hurricane Sandy compared to the Perfect Storm---GC mentions

Post by cindigirl Mon 29 Oct 2012, 18:23

Joanna wrote:Don't forget to charge up phones laptops etc etc and maybe cook a large turkey breast to keep you going with vegs.
God Bless all of you in the Sandy area......keep safe and warm.

Things are actually getting worse for the Jersey Shore - Sandy is projected to have 80 or 90 MPH winds when it makes landfall later today. A lot of the coastal towns are going to be underwater. I don't know where silly girl or bluebelle live but I'm in north central New Jersey with little chance of flooding.

And, Jo, the heck with the turkey breast, I brewed a very large pot of coffee for breakfast tomorrow morning when my power is off. You can see where my priorities are. LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 29 Oct 2012, 18:34

Oh well Cindi....you know what's best.....put lots of honey in then
to keep your energy levels up...Lol

Maybe time to start a cleanse ?
Oh no.....the water may be off..... Shit hits the fan
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Mon 29 Oct 2012, 18:42

Thank God wine needs no refridgeration is all I gotta say.......
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Mon 29 Oct 2012, 18:47

This waiting is killing me....I am not liking the gusts now and it hasn't even hit yet.

Smart move about the coffee....my sister in law and I ran out to get more wine before the store closed....I was the last sale... whew.

Thinking of everyone....

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 29 Oct 2012, 18:53

......And fill the bath so you can bail out to flush the loo too ?

Have fun with the wino's....Lol
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Mon 29 Oct 2012, 19:04

This is a good time to have a composting toilet. Ugh!!
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Mon 29 Oct 2012, 20:14

Girls, holding you all in prayer for your safety...keep your chins up!
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 29 Oct 2012, 20:57

I 'm scared only by seeing images

it sounds even unbelievable
as I don't understand ppl not running away
if they have possibility
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 29 Oct 2012, 21:30

Very good updates on here

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by m4rose Mon 29 Oct 2012, 22:07

it's me wrote:I 'm scared only by seeing images

it sounds even unbelievable
as I don't understand ppl not running away
if they have possibility

Because people get stupid in situations like this. They never believe the meteorologists and they think they know better. We see the same thing down here in he south where we get hit by hurricanes and tropical storms more often. Even when there is a mandatory evacuation people will ignore it. Sad really because these kinds of idiots put first responders in more danger and prevent them from doing what they really need to do.
m4rose
m4rose
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 30 Oct 2012, 01:17

God bless you all.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 30 Oct 2012, 09:37

Hope all our "Sandy Girls" have survived their stormy night.
According to all the news here in UK there are many people affected by power cuts so I assume that means no Internet connections.

Hope you can log on very soon and let us know how you all are.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Tue 30 Oct 2012, 12:06

They predict that the power will be off for about one week. That is way too long. The hospitals will need high-quality generators so that they can operate efficiently in a situation like this.
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Tue 30 Oct 2012, 13:17

Yes it's pretty awful on the Eastern Seaboard....millions without power and lots of storm damage. But there was a caravan of Edison Company trucks/equipment and other power companies from some many states, sending as many trucks and gear as they could spare to the East Coast to assist. That's the beauty of America...when one group suffers, the help comes from every part of the country to assist those who need the help. THIS is the BEST part of us!

The winds here in Chicago (this far inland affraid ) are gusting up to about 40+ (actually they just updated; some wind gusts up to 60 here!!!)mph and Lake Shore Drive has been closed due to high tides and water surging over the streets.
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Tue 30 Oct 2012, 14:05

We are supposed to experience wind gusts up to 50 mph here in Cincinnati either tonight or tomorrow. But, that is nothing compared to what those on the Eastern Seaboard are experiencing right now.
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Tue 30 Oct 2012, 14:31

Hope silly, patty and cindi girls are all ok. Oh, and bluebelle, too! I'm getting snow, snow, snow here in WV and since the state's been declared in a state of emergency, I don't have to go in to work. There are hundreds of thousands without power just here in WV. Watching cable channels for updates. Hope to hear from all you 'Sandy Girls' soon!
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 30 Oct 2012, 18:22

Just saw your snow on Sky News Lakin and spotted you making Angels...Lol
It all looked an horrendous night.
I expect all the other Sandy Girls have no Internet with no power ?
Enjoy your break from the norm !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 30 Oct 2012, 20:52

There's an amazing selection of photos on this link, including some
Little Westie dogs in a boat !

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 30 Oct 2012, 20:55

more than 30 died
I read
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Tue 30 Oct 2012, 22:18

Joanne thanks for the post . The little westies were cuddling in the boat.

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Tue 30 Oct 2012, 22:22

Incredible!

The force of nature.
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Quixote Tue 30 Oct 2012, 23:11

Maggy wrote:Incredible!

The force of nature.
Or the hand of the 'evil one'.
Don Quixote
Don Quixote
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Fri 02 Nov 2012, 03:07

Hi everyone, trying to post from my phone. I got power back but not cable and internet. Trying to keep up with my blackberry but it hard to type with. Thanks for everyone's well wishes. I was luckier than most of my town. I came home yesterday. My brother was lucky too his street was one of the few that didn't lose power but did lose interent. The rest of his town is a mess. Half of my town is still out of power. My 3G has been spotty. I am worried about the others cindigirl, bluebelle and especially pattygirl. She is in Staten Island and that got hit bad. This was so scary. The devastation is incredible. Anyway I tried to post from my phone before and it didn't go through. Thanks again for your good thoughts and prayers they meant a lot.

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Fri 02 Nov 2012, 03:30

Silly Girl, It is wonderful that you and your family seemed to escape the worst. Hang in there. I wish there was something we could do other than just donating money. Hoping the others are as lucky as you were.
OofOof
OofOof
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 02 Nov 2012, 03:33

Thanks for checking in SillyGirl. We're on pins and needles as the others haven't yet. Glad you're safe and our prayers continue to you, your family and all others affected by this monster.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Fri 02 Nov 2012, 08:53

Glad to have you back Silly Girl. Has anyone heard from Cindigirl yet? They say still approx 5million peeps still without power.
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 02 Nov 2012, 09:25

So good to hear from you silly girl and to know you are safe
and sound. Sofa bounce

One in.....three more to come in now.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 02 Nov 2012, 11:59

NBC’s Telethon to Aid Victims of Hurricane Sandy will Air Live from Rockefeller Center Friday night
by Christine on November 2, 2012 ·

NBC is planning a benefit concert for victims of Hurricane Sandy featuring artists native to the areas hardest hit – New York, New Jersey, & Connecticut. New Jersey natives Bruce Springsteen and Jon Bon Jovi are set to perform, along with Billy Joel who lives in Long Island. Other performers will include Christina Aguilera, Sting and Jimmy Fallon.

The one hour concert special will be hosted by Matt Lauer and air on Nov. 2 at 8 p.m. eastern on NBC and its cable stations including Bravo, CNBC, USA, MSNBC and E!. It will also be streamed online at NBC.com. The telethon will be broadcast from NBC facilities in Rockefeller Center in New York City.

All money raised during the telecast will benefit the American Red Cross. Donations help the American Red Cross provide shelter, food, emotional support and other assistance to those affected by disasters. To donate, visit RedCross.org, call 1-800-RED-CROSS, or text the word REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation.

Link

Posted on another thread by
watching

Clooney maximus fantasticus

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 02 Nov 2012, 12:04

What a Good Idea !!

Apple sets up hurricane Sandy Red Cross donations through iTunes
by Laura Barnes

about 18 hours ago

Users can now donate to the Red Cross through their iTunes account to help the victims of hurricane Sandy.

Apple will transfer 100 per cent of all donations directly to the American Red Cross - and the company has insured that users of the service will remain anonymous.

"Your gift to the American Red Cross Disaster Relief will support disaster relief efforts to help those affected by disasters such as Superstorm Sandy. Your support will enable the Red Cross to provide shelter, food, emotional support and other assistance to victims of all disasters," reads the donation button’s accompanying statement.

Those wishing to give money can pick from a number of fixed donations ranging from $5 to $200. iTunes store credit cannot be used to make a donation.

The hurricane caused 33 US fatalities, billions of dollars in damage and electrical outages affecting some 8m people. 6.9m of these are still without power.

Want to receive up-to-the-minute tech news straight to your inbox? Then click here to sign up for the completely free PCR Daily Digest and Newsflash email services. You can also follow PCR on Twitter and Facebook.

TAGS:Apple, itunes, Red Cross, Hurricane Sandy
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Fri 02 Nov 2012, 14:06

Melbert, Silly Girl, Bluebelle, I am so glad to hear that you are safe. Cindi probably is safe, although without power. Well, we just have to wait for her.
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 02 Nov 2012, 14:54

Oh My!
sure
we all hope so!!!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Fri 02 Nov 2012, 20:31

Hey all, I am back!!! Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts. Where to start.... We are fine. We made it through. I really believe that your caring worked. We never lost power which those of us who live in my development regard as a miracle. We did loose cable, internet, phone, and t.v., but to have power meant everything. Hundreds of thousands in my area are still out and the guestimate is it could take another week for everyone to come back. New Jersey really got hit hard as did NYC. For us it was the wind. I will never forget that sound or the crashing of trees as they hit the ground or houses. Two doors away from me the house was split in two. Luckily no one was home. Food is scarce and so is gasoline. We will recover but I'm not so sure we will forget.
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Fri 02 Nov 2012, 20:54

Oh Bluebelle, I am so glad for you that your home was spared and your family is safe. We survived our 100 year storm in this part of the woods in Dec 2007 and were with power for a week. We too were blessed in that our home was safe. But I have never forgotten the hour upon hour of winds reaching 100 gusts and sustained winds of 90. It will stick with you forever I think. But it does make you realize the blessings you have in your life. God willing, NJ and NY will have power soon and I hope those who lost loved ones and homes can find peace. Good luck.
OofOof
OofOof
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Fri 02 Nov 2012, 22:25

What a shocking experience to have to go through, so glad to see that you bluebelle and silly girl are safe and sound. Keep being brave and hopefully for you and all affected there will be a return to normality as soon as possible! flower
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 02 Nov 2012, 22:39

the same here
good luck you all!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sat 03 Nov 2012, 21:59

Hi everybody - I'm back - Our barrier island coastal towns have been hit really hard - some of them underwater. Seaside Heights especially. I know New Jersey doesn't have a good name, but I must say people from NJ have been coming to the aid of those who are hard hit. Lots of people have been going to donation centers to donate clothing, food, water, etc. for those who have no power or heat. The temps are going to be in the 30's tonight and those tolks are going to be cold.

I got my power back on Wednesday and cable service today. My only problem now is I have no gas in my car and the lines at the gasoline stations are over a mile long at the stations who have gas hook-up. My daughter is coming to rescue me tomorrow with a red gas can.

Anyway, thanks everybody for your concern.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 03 Nov 2012, 22:57

good to hear from you Cindy!!! Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sat 03 Nov 2012, 23:07

I am so glad to hear from everyone! I literally just got cable phone and internet back....Cindi remember it is Odd and Even days for gas. But hopefully it won't be for long----I hear gas tankers are on their way!

Yes NJ got hit hard....my beloved LBI is destroyed but we New Jersyans are resilient and we will rebuild....

Love to all!

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 03 Nov 2012, 23:40

CindiGirl!!! So good to see you! Glad you weathered through, as well as everybody else on here from the East Coast.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sat 03 Nov 2012, 23:42

HI CIndigirl, I too am very happy to see that along with the others, you too are safe, take care. IMO I do believe that as New Yorkers and many others of course, united together so beautifully during and after 911, imagine the possibilities now! That basic human kindness of people helping and caring for each other, donating their time/clothes etc is beautiful to see in times like this, no doubt that NJ will be okay eventually.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sat 03 Nov 2012, 23:49

Thanks everybody for your wishes.

Hey, does anybody remember the Great Blackout in New York a few years back? We had a blackout for almost a week in NJ. And remember how many babies were born 9 months after? I think the maternity hospitlals should get ready for the onslaught of newborns in 9 months. LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 03 Nov 2012, 23:55

Welcome back to the fold Cindi....glad you're safe...are all
the Sandy Girls back with us now ?

Good luck with your car Cindi !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 04 Nov 2012, 03:31

Yay! Everyone's home, safe and sound. Glad to have you all up and about online again.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 04 Nov 2012, 04:08

Glad everyone is okay.

Here are two links one gives tips on what to donate and in what condition it should be in and one is a page of links to community needs. If you scroll down you will see the pages for some of the communities affected by Hurricane Sandy.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 04 Nov 2012, 10:25

cindigirl wrote:Thanks everybody for your wishes.

Hey, does anybody remember the Great Blackout in New York a few years back? We had a blackout for almost a week in NJ. And remember how many babies were born 9 months after? I think the maternity hospitlals should get ready for the onslaught of newborns in 9 months. LOL

Thumbs up!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 04 Nov 2012, 17:17

I read that they raised $23 million on the telethon Friday night. It's supposed to go directly to Red Cross for the relief efforts. Bravo!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sun 04 Nov 2012, 17:30

I know I was so happy to read they go so many donations. I was getting upset by someone on the news who kept saying that we can't compare this to Katrina and Andrew because the hardest hit places were very poor. He said this area is richer so it won't be that hard on us. That is terrible. These people lost their homes....we are not all rich on the East coast. I am lucky here in my little part of NJ but I know people who live in the worst hit areas and they are not rich.

Anyway Gov Christie has said up a donation site which I thought I would pass along.

thanks

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Mon 05 Nov 2012, 03:47

Hi All!

Finally reporting in. Sorry I didn't do it sooner - no real excuse.
I personally made out fine. Lost power for 27 hrs. but survived. Did a lot of reading. Used up batteries on my Nook, my daughter's Kindle and 2 batteries on my laptop. Ended up reading magazines by flashlight. Don't know how people did it in the old days - you can't really read by candlelight.
Had no real house damage - lost one piece of vinyl siding but it didn't go far.
Thankfully I have a gas stove so I could cook (used matches to light)

All my eastern seaboard kids lost power too, but no real damage. I have 1 on Staten Island, 1 on Long Island, 1 in New Jersey and 1 in Connecticut. my grandson & wife live on Staten Island, just married in June, bought a townhouse in August 2 blocks from water. They had 13 ft. of water in their house. Basement & first floor ruined. Fortunately, they heeded the mandatory evacuation orderf for the Island and went to stay with mother.
We had 30 deaths, all people who insisted in staying home, all in the mandatory evacuation areas. One was an offduty policeman who drowned while searching homes trying to save people.

Glad all our Gals are okay.
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 05 Nov 2012, 07:26

a pray for all of us

great man that police one
who was offduty too...
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next