George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Recipe Sharing & Food Talk - Page 6 EmptyToday at 01:05 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
Recipe Sharing & Food Talk - Page 6 EmptyToday at 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Recipe Sharing & Food Talk - Page 6 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Recipe Sharing & Food Talk - Page 6 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Recipe Sharing & Food Talk - Page 6 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Recipe Sharing & Food Talk - Page 6 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Recipe Sharing & Food Talk - Page 6 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Recipe Sharing & Food Talk - Page 6 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Recipe Sharing & Food Talk - Page 6 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Recipe Sharing & Food Talk

+33
annemarie
PigPen
pattygirl
Sevens
Nicky80
Einstein
mosaic
Juliette Hardy
MyG
Carla97
lolo"layla"
Lakin460
cindigirl
suebee
Atalante
LornaDoone
premiere
Joanna
Maggy
Don Quixote
m4rose
lelacorb
MM
theminis
amaretti
Vi
it's me
Best in Category
melbert
silly girl
OofOof
Katiedot
iamnoone
37 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Recipe Sharing & Food Talk - Page 6 Empty Re: Recipe Sharing & Food Talk

Post by melbert Sat 21 Jun 2014, 18:51

That's slicker than snot on a door handle!!!!!
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Recipe Sharing & Food Talk - Page 6 Empty Recipe Sharing & Food Talk

Post by amaretti Sun 29 Jun 2014, 04:23

I was thinking that if you had a hankering for chocolate you could make sugar free  fudge brownies .    Very Happy Very Happy

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Mon 30 Jun 2014, 15:13

Hi team! Over the week-end I discovered the recipe thread, and was thrilled... Now I can't find it (damned!).  Anyway, here's what I wanted to pass along.  One of my favorite recipe sites ( no, I'm not about to sabotage your efforts!!)is http://www.courier-journal.com/lifestyle/food/   It's the newspaper from (drum roll please..) Louisville Kentucky.  Great recipes.  Have fabulous ideas for veggies and salads, etc.  which you may enjoy. 

Once you all have reached your goals and are showing off your svelte figures and giving the latest supermodel a run for her money, check out the rest of the site.

To get there, log on then go to lifestyles then click on food

Enjoy!

Last edited by Nicky80 on Mon 30 Jun 2014, 17:02; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : corrected link)

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Mon 30 Jun 2014, 15:21

Thanks . Some of my favorite cake recipes are from newspapers .  Very Happy 

amaretti

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Mon 30 Jun 2014, 15:26

sshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!  The sixth word in your posting is currently a dirty word.   hidingbehindsofa  scaredsilly  affraid  Thumbs up!

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Recipe Sharing & Food Talk - Page 6 Empty Temp thread do not post

Post by amaretti Mon 30 Jun 2014, 15:51

He he heeeee Sugar free of course .

amaretti

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Wed 13 Aug 2014, 16:56

Only because it was suggested instead of Champagne to toast to the death of my fantasies in another thread... I give you a review of Prosecco!

The purchase suggestions are his - I know none of these bottlers nor do I get any commission from sales (which is a real shame I tell ya! HA!)

Fred Tasker: Prosecco easy to drink

By Fred Tasker
McClatchy-Tribune

Published: Wednesday, Aug. 13, 2014 - 12:00 am

The king is dead; long live the king! The French invented the term long ago to bid farewell to a deceased monarch and pledge fealty to a new one.

Today it has a whole new meaning. Today French Champagne – elegant and expensive, long the most popular bubbly wine in the world – has been overtaken in sales by a brash pretender. It’s the simpler, lower-in-alcohol, easier to drink (and easier to afford) sparkling wine from northern Italy called Prosecco.

Created in Roman times but almost unknown by wine fans only 20 years ago, Prosecco by the end of 2013 had soared to outsell Champagne by 307 million bottles to 304 million, according to the Italian Sparkling Wine Observatory.

The worldwide economic downturn of the late 2000s was a major cause. Champagnes can cost hundreds of dollars a bottle; Prosecco is seldom over $20.

Today it’s considered “cooler” than champagne by America’s iconoclastic 21-somethings, a helpful boon by their economically challenged elders.

Also, many say Prosecco is easier to drink. It’s feather-light, with bubbles that are gentler because they’re under only about half the atmospheric pressure of the bubbles in Champagne, making it feel creamier in the mouth. It’s less alcoholic, often 10.5 to 11 percent alcohol. It’s sometimes a bit sweeter than Champagne. And it’s often served a little cooler – maybe 40 degrees – so its feathery bubbles will hold together.

Champagne lovers bristle, of course, saying Prosecco will never approach the august heft and yeasty, flinty character of the bubbly made of chardonnay, pinot noir and pinot meuniere in the Champagne region northeast of France.

I agree this is true, that there is no finer wine in the world than top Champagne. But still, Prosecco has pulled off its coup.

Today Prosecco is the aperitif wine for America’s drinking-age youth, its picnic wine, its wine for seafood and shellfish and risotto and chicken and fish, and even not-too-sweet fruit tarts.

So while you might not safely serve Prosecco to your affluent in-laws, you certainly can pop open a celebratory bottle when your kids graduate from college and move back into your basement.

Highly recommended:

• Nonvintage Mionetto Prosecco Superiore Valdobbiadene DOCG: floral aromas, soft bubbles, green apple flavors, lightly sweet; $19.

• Nonvintage Col Credas Brut Valdobbiadene Prosecco Superiore “Rive di Farra di Soligo” DOCG: lightly fizzy, crisp and tart, with flavors of green apples; $22.

Recommended:

• Nonvintage Mionetto Prosecco Brut DOC: foamy bubbles, feather-light, floral aromas, green apple flavors, crisp and lightly sweet; $14.

• Nonvintage Mionetto “IL” Prosecco, “The Gentle Sparkling Wine:” semi-sparkling, aromas and flavors of pears, hint of sweetness; $12.

•  Nonvintage Mionetto Organic Prosecco di Treviso DOC Extra Dry: lightly sweet, with soft bubbles and tropical fruit flavors; $16.

• Nonvintage Prosecco Valdobbiadene Superiore di Cartizze DOCG: light, creamy and dry, with aromas and flavors of peaches and citrus and a hint of minerality; $35.

• Nonvintage Bosco di Gica Brut Valdobbiadene Prosecco Superiore DOCG: persistent fine bubbles, light body, aromas of camellias, flavors of ripe peaches, dry finish; $18.

•  Nonvintage Vigneto Giardino Dry Valdobbiadene Prosecco Superiore “Rive di Colbertaldo” DOCG: lightly sweet, light body, frothy bubbles, floral aromas, apricot flavors, spicy; $22.

• Nonvintage Lamberti Prosecco Extra Dry DOCG: frothy bubbles, light and slightly sweet, aromas and flavors of green apples and spice; $14.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2014/08/13/6621248/fred-tasker-prosecco-easy-to-drink.html#storylink=cpy
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Wed 13 Aug 2014, 17:49

Thanks . I really enjoy Prosecco .

amaretti

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Wed 13 Aug 2014, 19:14

Found interesting item on my Facebook account yesterday!  It concerns cooking Corn on the Cob in the Microwave with husk still on..

Cut off stalk end about 1 inch above last kernels.  Microwave 2-4 minutes.

Hold uncut end of cob and squeeze and shake till cob comes out of husk, free of silk.

Gotta get me so corn and give it a try.
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Tue 19 Aug 2014, 19:11

This is lovely on a Sunday morning/brunch with beverage of your choice.  Enjoy!

Recipe Sharing & Food Talk - Page 6 Logo
Recipe Sharing & Food Talk - Page 6 2010-r-cocktail-asparagus-salad-egg
© Tina Rupp

Grilled Asparagus Salad with Fried Eggs
Contributed by Mark Broadbent

• TOTAL TIME:  30 MIN
  • SERVINGS:   6  

• •FAST
  • •HEALTHY
  • •VEGETARIAN

The East Room • London
Chef Mark Broadbent upgrades the standard lemony arugula salad by topping it with grilled asparagus, butter-fried eggs—duck eggs, when available—and freshly shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano.
Recipe Sharing & Food Talk - Page 6 Icon_camera2  More Substantial Salads

1. 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
  2. 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
  3. 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
  4. Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
  5. 1 pound medium asparagus, trimmed
  6. 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
  7. 6 large eggs
  8. 6 cups baby arugula
  9. 3/4 cup freshly shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (about 2 1/2 ounces)  

1. In a small bowl, whisk 3 tablespoons of the olive oil with the lemon juice and mustard. Season with salt and pepper.
  2. Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. In a large bowl, toss the asparagus with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the asparagus over high heat until tender and charred in spots, about 5 minutes; keep warm.
  3. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, melt the butter over moderate heat. Working in batches if necessary, cook the eggs sunny-side up until the whites are firm and the yolks runny, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
  4. In a bowl, toss the arugula with the lemon vinaigrette and transfer the salad to plates. Top with the asparagus, fried eggs and cheese shavings and serve at once.  

• From Cocktails 2010: Party Food

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Tue 19 Aug 2014, 19:45

Thanks, definately something I like and can cook! Lol Njam, njam...
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 19 Aug 2014, 21:01

Yum! Got duck eggs in the house at the mo' so this is definitely worth giving a try!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 25 Aug 2014, 15:04

I've been doing a spot of baking this weekend.  I assume three-layer cakes are in at the moment (I seem to be seeing a lot of them around).  Great for those, like me, who don't really like cake (I know, I know) or those who love cake so much they can never decide which one to choose.

This (bad photo, I know - it slipped out of my hands as I put it into the freezer after decorating and got smooshed) is my triple decker decadence:

Recipe Sharing & Food Talk - Page 6 Three_10

Bottom layer:  chocolate chunk rocky road fridge cake (use half the recipe amount unless you like a massive wedge of chocolate base to your cake, which I do!).

Middle layer: lemon and almond cake

Top layer: white chocolate chip and caramel swirl cheesecake (obviously don't bother making the base or the marble-effect chocolate swirl on the top - instead I added chocolate coffee beans and dollops of caramel sause swirled through).

To finish: smother with cream cheese frosting (buttercream or icing would be too rich and sickly, so pick a fairly neutral flavour) and decorate as you please.  I used chocolate coffee beans and chocolate popping candy.

The recipes [mouse over the above to see links to each cake recipe] are dead easy to make - I'd assembled this within two hours.  The only thing you need to know is it makes a large, very heavy, very rich cake so a little goes a long way.  We've got 24 slices out of a 9-inch cake so you'll need space in your fridge or freezer for it.   I made a no-bake cheesecake because I don't really like the baked versions but that does mean it has to be kept refrigerated until it's all eaten.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 25 Aug 2014, 16:32

I LOVE CHEESECAKE  Yahooooo (without coffee beans please)  Razz

This looks so yummy ....I want to eat it too...Did you eat the whole cake for yourself  Shocked
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 25 Aug 2014, 16:41

Still got 21 slices left!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 25 Aug 2014, 19:46

RESPECT Katie RESPECT...If I would have that cake no slice would have been left  Laughing You surly have discipline 

When you bake a cheesecake for how many days can you keep it in the fridge until it has to be eaten???
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Thu 28 Aug 2014, 20:54

Recipe Sharing & Food Talk - Page 6 Img60lThe cheesecake looks fabulous, smooshed or not.  Cheese became an inspiration for a pot luck cocktail party I'm attending this week-end.  Permit me to share.   Having computer issues so will have to do this in 2 postings.  pale

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Thu 28 Aug 2014, 20:56

Greek Feta Spread (Kopanisti)
Recipe Sharing & Food Talk - Page 6 Img60l

• Recipe Sharing & Food Talk - Page 6 Icon_email

Ratings & Reviews
Recipe Sharing & Food Talk - Page 6 Rating
5 out of 5
Read Reviews  

Write a Review  
Feta cheese whips up into a smooth, creamy spread when blended with olive oil in the food processor. The Greeks like to flavor it with garlic, mint and pickled peppers to make a piquant dip for pita bread. Serve it with radishes and cucumber spears for dipping, too.

Ingredients:

• 1/2 lb. Greek or French feta cheese
  • 3 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
  • 1 Tbs. minced fresh mint or 1 tsp. crumbled
     dried mint
  • 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes, plus more as needed
  • 6 Italian peperoncini (pickled green peppers),
     chopped, plus more as needed

Directions:

In a food processor, combine the cheese, olive oil, garlic, mint, the 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes and the 6 chopped peperoncini and process until smooth. Taste and add more red pepper flakes or peperoncini, if needed. Transfer to a serving bowl. Makes 1 1/2 cups; serves 4.

Williams-Sonoma Kitchen
ps... for those unfamiliar with peperoncini, they're the little peppers that are in an antipasto and Greek salads.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 29 Aug 2014, 08:29

Ooh, that looks good. I'd eat all that in one sitting (yes, half a pound of cheese, no problem!) including whatever you've made to dip in it.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Fri 29 Aug 2014, 14:42

The recipe is from William Sonoma ( williamsonoma.com).  Great site.

Cocktails starting @ 7PM, see you there!!

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Tue 02 Sep 2014, 19:31

Fall is quickly upon us, and with it, apple season ( yippee!).
Has anyone ever made a salted caramel apple pie?  If so, is it terribly sweet?  Looking forward to trying new adventures in the kitchen.  
Recipe Sharing & Food Talk - Page 6 2Q==

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Tue 16 Sep 2014, 17:48

Show Image Print Now
Recipe Sharing & Food Talk - Page 6 C:\Users\public.WPL\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001
Recipe Sharing & Food Talk - Page 6 C:\Users\public.WPL\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image002
Roasted Cherry Tomato & Sage Sauce
http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/tomato_sage_sauce.html
From EatingWell:  May/June 2013
There are endless ways to use this sage-flecked roasted cherry tomato sauce recipe: serve with baked fish, spread it on a panini or simply toss it with whole-wheat pasta for an instant, quick and flavorful dinner.
About 3 cups | Active Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 30 minutes
Ingredients

• 2 pints cherry tomatoes
  • 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh sage
  • 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
  • 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper

Preparation

1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
  2. Combine tomatoes, onion, garlic, sage, 1 tablespoon oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in a 9-by-13-inch metal pan. Roast, stirring once halfway through, until the tomatoes and onion are tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
  3. Lightly mash the tomatoes to release their juices. Stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Serve warm.

Nutrition
Per 1/2-cup serving : 93 Calories; 7 g Fat; 1 g Sat; 5 g Mono; 0 mg Cholesterol; 7 g Carbohydrates; 1 g Protein; 2 g Fiber; 200 mg Sodium; 278 mg Potassium
1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 1/2 fat
Tips & Notes

• Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days; reheat before using.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Tue 16 Sep 2014, 17:50

Got a message from the thread saying it was too long, so here's the rest of it... End of tomato season, and the produce is good quality and inexpensive.  This is a favorite of mine.  Use it on chicken breast, fish and pasta.  Low in calories.  Enjoy
   Thread won't let me post photo.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 16 Sep 2014, 20:20

This looks really good!  But, that means I'd have to go to the store and buy everything!

Recipe Sharing & Food Talk - Page 6 Tomato10
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Tue 16 Sep 2014, 20:22

I'll make and run it right over ( wink wink)

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 17 Sep 2014, 01:57

I'm waiting...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Wed 17 Sep 2014, 17:16

melbert wrote:I'm waiting...
Here's another way I use it... this recipe is really versatile...

When you're making pasta sauce, make 1/2 a batch of these tomatoes and add them to your sauce before serving.  Makes an awesome chunky sauce for linguine, rigatoni.  Or serve it in individual pasta bowls with large shells and alot of garlic bread.  Yummy.

Doen't hold up well with delicate pasta like angel hair.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Sun 02 Nov 2014, 19:30

• That roasted cherry tomate thing sounds good..

This is one of the "dips" I make..

1 cup of cashew nuts

1 lemon squeezed

1 clove of garlic

handful of fresh herbs (basil, coriander and mint but    e.g. parsley works nicely)

1 tea spoon of soya sauce

pinch of salt & black pepper

coconut water

Blend all the ingredients together. I add just enough coconut water to keep my blender going as I like my dip quite thick, but you can adjust that….
Carla97
Carla97

Back to top Go down

Post by Einstein Sun 02 Nov 2014, 22:54

Last night I made myself a couscous salad. For this purpose, a video

http://www.chefkoch.de/video/artikel/2844,0/Chefkoch/Couscous-einfach-lecker.html
Einstein
Einstein
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Einstein Sun 02 Nov 2014, 22:59

PigPen wrote:Fall is quickly upon us, and with it, apple season ( yippee!).
Has anyone ever made a salted caramel apple pie?  If so, is it terribly sweet?  Looking forward to trying new adventures in the kitchen.  
Recipe Sharing & Food Talk - Page 6 2Q==Is your kitchen in the picture? Which is very nice nostalgic
Einstein
Einstein
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Mon 03 Nov 2014, 00:34

Sounds delicious . Mmmmm. Very Happy

amaretti

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Mon 03 Nov 2014, 21:40

Einstein wrote:
Recipe Sharing & Food Talk - Page 6 2Q==Is your kitchen in the picture? Which is very nice nostalgic
Oh God, don't I wish!!  Have a pulman kitchen.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Einstein Mon 03 Nov 2014, 23:07

PigPen wrote:
Einstein wrote:
Oh God, don't I wish!!  Have a pulman kitchen.                                                                                   what is a pulman kitchen?
Einstein
Einstein
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Tue 04 Nov 2014, 16:07

Pullman is an architectural term for a long, narrow space within a structure. It is most often used to refer to a small kitchen ("a pullman kitchen") or, sometimes, a narrow hall.
The word is derived from the long sleeping cars on passenger trains created by the Pullman Company during the 19th and 20th centuries.
Pullman kitchens are most common in apartments, where space is limited, to minimize the kitchen's impact on living spaces.  Sad

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Wed 05 Nov 2014, 15:45

A lovely alternative to an apple pie.  Enjoy!

Caramel-Apple Pudding Cake
Ingredients
2 medium tart cooking apples, such as Granny Smith or Jonathan, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced (2 cups)
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4cup raisins
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4teaspoon baking soda
1/2cup milk
2 tablespoons butter (no substitutes), melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2cup chopped pecans or walnuts
3/4cup caramel ice cream topping
1/2cup water
1 tablespoon butter (no substitutes)
Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease a 2-quart square baking dish; arrange apple slices in bottom of dish. Sprinkle with lemon juice, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Top evenly with raisins; set aside.
3. Combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and baking soda in a large bowl. Add milk, the 2 tablespoons melted butter, and vanilla; mix well. Stir in nuts. Spread batter evenly over apple mixture.
4. Combine caramel topping, water, and the 1 tablespoon butter in a small saucepan; bring to boiling. Pour caramel mixture over the batter in the baking dish.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes or until set in center. Spoon warm individual servings into dessert dishes, inverting each portion. Spoon caramel-apple mixture from the pan over each portion. Makes 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Caramel-Apple Pudding Cake)
• 223 kcal cal.,
• 6 g fat
• (1 g sat. fat,
• 1 mg chol.,
• 173 mg sodium,
• 42 g carb.,
• 1 g fiber,
• 2 g pro.
• Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by iamnoone Wed 05 Nov 2014, 19:43

oh yay more recipes! I've always wanted to try prosecco,  a bit beyond my budget right now but one day.....

will catch up later outside work

iamnoone
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by iamnoone Wed 05 Nov 2014, 19:47

pigpen that carmel apple pudding cake looks absolutely wonderful I think i might even be able to manage that gluten free!!  being a pudding cake it probably doesn't have to rise much.  sounds YUMMY! (still catching up on the new recipes here*)

iamnoone
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Fri 05 Dec 2014, 15:44

foodandwine.com/recipes/pancetta-wrapped-mushrooms/print

Recipe Sharing & Food Talk - Page 6 Logo
Recipe Sharing & Food Talk - Page 6 201009-r-pancetta-mushroom
© Lucy Schaeffer

Pancetta-Wrapped Mushrooms
Contributed by Jean-Georges Vongerichten

• ACTIVE:  25 MIN
  • TOTAL TIME:  40 MIN
  • SERVINGS:   Makes 2 dozen hors d'oeuvres  

• •FAST

Serve these mushrooms as an hors d'oeuvre or as an accompaniment to a beef or veal roast.

1. 24 medium porcini or cremini mushrooms
  2. 3 medium garlic cloves, thinly sliced
  3. 3 ounces thinly sliced pancetta, torn into thin strips
  4. 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil  

[list=recipeInstructions]
[*]Preheat the oven to 450°. Make a cut in the center of each mushroom stem down to the cap. Insert a garlic slice in each stem, wrap a pancetta strip around it and secure with a toothpick. Spread the mushrooms on 2 large baking sheets, brush with the olive oil and bake for about 14 minutes, or until browned and crisp. Remove the toothpicks, transfer to a platter and serve.  
[/list]

Cocktails are at 8PM ! 

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Sat 06 Dec 2014, 16:53

ooooops, forgot to mention-- soak the toothpicks for a few minutes before popping in the oven, so they won't burn.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Mon 15 Dec 2014, 17:28

Back home and in the kitchen!!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/strawberry-santas.html

Strawberry Santas
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis
Strawberry Santas Strawberry Santas

Total Time:
50 min
Prep:
20 min
Inactive:
30 min

Yield:
4 servings

Level:
Easy

Ingredients

Frosting:
1/4 cup mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup powdered sugar
Santas:
12 large strawberries
24 mini chocolate chips

Directions

Special equipment: Pastry bag fitted with a small star piping tip

For the frosting: In a medium bowl, using an electric hand mixer, beat the mascarpone and vanilla until smooth. Gradually beat in the powdered sugar until the mixture is thick and smooth. Using a spatula, transfer the frosting to a piping bag fitted with a small star piping tip.

For the Santas: Using a paring knife, cut off the leaf-end of each strawberry to make a flat surface. Cut a 1/2- to 3/4-inch piece from the pointed end of each strawberry and reserve as the hats.

Place the strawberries, wide-side down, on a work surface. Pipe a 3/4-inch-high swirl of frosting on each strawberry. Place the hats on top and pipe a small ball of frosting on top of the hats. Press two chocolate chips, pointed-sides inward, into the swirl of frosting to make eyes.

Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/strawberry-santas.print.html?oc=linkback

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Wed 14 Jan 2015, 17:30

Nice lo-cal meal for the New Year  

http://www.bhg.com/recipe/lemon-thyme-roasted-chicken-with-fingerlings/

[size=32]Lemon-Thyme Roasted Chicken with Fingerlings[/size]
This delicious one-dish dinner comes together in just a half hour, making it perfect for any busy weeknight.
Recipe Sharing & Food Talk - Page 6 C:\Users\public.WPL\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001+ enlarge image
Makes: 4 servings
Serving Size: 1 chicken breast half and about 3/4 cup potatoes each
Start to Finish: 30 mins

Lemon-Thyme Roasted Chicken with Fingerlings
Ingredients
4 teaspoons canola oil or olive oil
1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
1/2  teaspoon kosher salt or 1/4 teaspoon regular salt
1/4  teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1  pound fingerling potatoes, halved lengthwise, or tiny new red or white potatoes, halved
4  small skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (1 to 1 1/4 pounds total)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 lemon, thinly sliced
  Snipped fresh thyme (optional)

Directions

1. In a very large skillet heat 2 teaspoons of the oil over medium heat. Stir 1/2 teaspoon of the dried thyme, the salt, and pepper into oil. Add potatoes; toss to coat. Cover and cook for 12 minutes, stirring twice.
  2. Stir potatoes; push to one side of skillet. Add the remaining 2 teaspoons oil to the other side of skillet. Arrange chicken in skillet alongside the potatoes. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
  3. Turn chicken. Sprinkle garlic and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme over chicken. Arrange lemon slices on top of chicken. Cover and cook for 7 to 10 minutes more or until chicken is no longer pink (170 degrees F) and potatoes are tender. If desired, sprinkle with snipped fresh thyme.

Nutrition Facts
(Lemon-Thyme Roasted Chicken with Fingerlings)
Per serving:

• 255 kcal cal.,
  • 6 g fat
  • (1 g sat. fat,
  • 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
  • 3 g monounsatured fat),

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Thu 15 Jan 2015, 20:04

Thanks for the recipe. Key word that cought my attention here was "lo cal" Wink
Carla97
Carla97

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Mon 26 Jan 2015, 15:25

With several of my pals at COH looking for gluten free ideas, thought I’d send this along.  In the words of Julia Child  “bon appetite”  ( looks like a lot of work, but it isn’t.  Recipe comes with a lot of words.  Basically it’s cook the eggplant, make some sauce)
Recipe Sharing & Food Talk - Page 6 C:\Users\public.WPL\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image002
Julia Child's Eggplant Pizzas (Tranches d'aubergine á l'italienne)

(Makes 3-4 servings or 6-8 appetizer servings, recipe adapted from one found in From Julia Child's Kitchen.)

Ingredients:
1 globe eggplant, about 8 ounces and 9-10 inches long

about 1 T salt, for drawing water out of eggplant

about 2 T olive oil, for brushing eggplant before roasting

about 2 tsp. dried Italian seasoning, for sprinkling on eggplant before roasting

10 large basil leaves, cut in chiffonade strips (optional)
1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan
1/3 cup finely grated low-fat mozzarella blend
hot red pepper flakes for sprinkling finished pizza (optional)

Sauce Ingredients:
2-3 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
3 large garlic cloves, very finely chopped
1 can good quality petite diced tomatoes with liquid (or use 3 cups peeled and diced fresh tomatoes)
1/2 tsp. dried Italian seasoning blend
1/4 tsp. dried oregano (use Greek or Turkish oregano)

Instructions:
Cut off both ends of the eggplant; then cut it into 3/4 inch thick slices (trying to make them the same thickness!) Put the eggplant pieces on a double layer of paper towels and sprinkle both sides generously with salt. Let the eggplant sit with the salt on it for about 30 minutes to draw out the liquid. (After the eggplant sits for 15 minutes, turn on the oven to 375F/190C.)

While the eggplant sits, make the sauce. Heat 2-3 tsp. olive oil (depending on your pan) and saute the finely chopped garlic just until it becomes fragrant. (Don't let it brown.) Add the petite diced tomatoes, dried Italian seasoning, and dried oregano and let the sauce cook at a low simmer until it's thickened, breaking up the tomatoes with a fork as it cooks. (Add water as needed, a few tablespoons at a time as the sauce cooks, keeping it hot by simmering at very low heat until it's needed for the eggplant slices.)

After 30 minutes, wipe the eggplant dry with paper towels (this also removes most of the salt.) Spray a roasting sheet with olive oil or non-stick spray, lay eggplant slices on, brush the tops of the eggplant with olive oil, and sprinkle with dried Italian seasoning. Roast the eggplant about 25 minutes (but "not so long that the slices become mushy and lose their shape" as Julia says.)

While the eggplant roasts, thinly slice the fresh basil leaves (if using) and combined freshly grated Parmesan and low-fat mozzarella blend. After 25 minutes or when eggplant pieces are done, remove eggplant from the oven and turn oven setting to broil. Spread a few tablespoons of sauce on the top of each eggplant slice, sprinkle with thin basil slices (if using) and top with a generous amount of cheese. Put pizzas under the broiler until the cheese is melted and slightly browned. (This took 6-7 minutes for me, but I was using a toaster oven and in a more powerful broiler it would probably only take a few minutes.) Serve hot, with red pepper flakes to sprinkle on pizza if desired.

http://plantcaretoday.com/27-absolutely-delicious-things-can-vegetables.html

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Mon 26 Jan 2015, 15:27

Recipe Sharing & Food Talk - Page 6 Enhanced-9476-1409254874-7

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 26 Jan 2015, 16:57

oh mamma

I already did something like that without knowing those were Julia Child's Eggplant Pizzas (Tranches d'aubergine á l'italienne)

Very Happy Razz Basketball geek flower Yahooooo they are wonderful!!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 27 Jan 2015, 06:32

Mmmmmm, that looks yummy!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Sat 14 Mar 2015, 16:48

APPLE PIE TACOS!

INGREDIENTS:
4 Apples peeled & sliced
½ C Sugar
2 tsp Cinnamon
½ tsp Nutmeg
½ C Water
Tortilla's (flour) 6" size
Oil (for frying tortillas)
1/2 c sugar-cinnamon mixture
Whipped cream
DIRECTIONS:
Place apples, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and water in a sauce pan. Stir until well blended and cover and cook on medium stirring frequently for 10 minutes or until apples are semi soft. If needed, thicken sauce using 1 Tbl of cornstarch to 3-4 Tbl of water. Mix into sauce and stir until thickened. Heat oil on medium heat in a skillet and holding the tortilla folded in half, place the bottom on tortilla in the oil for a few seconds. Then lay it on one side until browned and then place other side down until browned. Remove from oil and Sprinkle browned tortilla with sugar-cinnamon mixture. Fill taco shells with apple pie filling and top with whipped cream, and sprinkle a little more of sugar-cinnamon mixture on top.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by iamnoone Sun 15 Mar 2015, 18:45

OOOOOH those eggplant pizzas look wonderful!! only thing i might too is dunk 'em in milk then italian (GF) bread crumbs the egg wash and more bread crumbs then fry them before slathering in sauce & cheese.  dad gumit I am craving it now but not in a position to cook much at the moment.

I am doing the recipe below in a rice cooker:  

http://honestcooking.com/portuguese-recipe-arroz-grelos-turnip-greens/

iamnoone
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Mon 10 Aug 2015, 15:38

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/watermelon-mint-agua-fresca-56389829

As we head into the end of summer... a cool drink, with perhaps a bit of tequila added!!

Watermelon-Mint Aqua Fresca
1/4 cup (packed) fresh mint leaves
1/4 cup sugar or agave syrup
5 cups peeled seeded coarsely chopped watermelon
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
mint sprigs for serving

1. Combine mint leaves, sugar and 1/4 cup water in a small pot.  Bring to a boil and stir until sugar has dissolved.  Transfer mixture to a heatproof container and chill, uncovered, until cool, about 30 minutes

2. Strain mint syrup into a blender, discard mint leaves.  Add watermelon and lime juice and blend until very smooth.  Using a fine-mesh sieve, strain into pitcher.  Add 2 cups water and stir well to combine.  Serve with mint leaves.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 11 Aug 2015, 19:31

Rande posted this on his Webstagram

Mint Watermelon

Recipe Sharing & Food Talk - Page 6 Rande_10
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down