George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Hollywood Stars In Embarrassing Foreign Ads, Starring Clooney, Kidman, DiCaprio EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Hollywood Stars In Embarrassing Foreign Ads, Starring Clooney, Kidman, DiCaprio EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Hollywood Stars In Embarrassing Foreign Ads, Starring Clooney, Kidman, DiCaprio EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Hollywood Stars In Embarrassing Foreign Ads, Starring Clooney, Kidman, DiCaprio EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Hollywood Stars In Embarrassing Foreign Ads, Starring Clooney, Kidman, DiCaprio EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Hollywood Stars In Embarrassing Foreign Ads, Starring Clooney, Kidman, DiCaprio EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Hollywood Stars In Embarrassing Foreign Ads, Starring Clooney, Kidman, DiCaprio EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Hollywood Stars In Embarrassing Foreign Ads, Starring Clooney, Kidman, DiCaprio EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Hollywood Stars In Embarrassing Foreign Ads, Starring Clooney, Kidman, DiCaprio EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Hollywood Stars In Embarrassing Foreign Ads, Starring Clooney, Kidman, DiCaprio

5 posters

Go down

Hollywood Stars In Embarrassing Foreign Ads, Starring Clooney, Kidman, DiCaprio Empty Hollywood Stars In Embarrassing Foreign Ads, Starring Clooney, Kidman, DiCaprio

Post by lolo"layla" Thu 20 Jan 2011, 05:54

Actors only get paid millions of dollars to make movies, so it’s understandable they’d want to make a few extra bucks on the side by starring in cheesy foreign adverts. After all, it’s not as if anyone who matters is going to see them is it?

Sharon Stone, Leonardo DiCaprio, Helen Mirren, Demi Moore, Jude Law and Dustin Hoffman are just some of the stars who have lent their names and likenesses to everything from hotels to coffee makers to ‘Ffany Shoes’ (Jessica Simpson endorses these beauties) to fancy ice creams.

George Clooney, who opens and closes our gallery, deserves special mention for his sheer brazeness when it comes to product endorsement...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

lolo"layla"
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Hollywood Stars In Embarrassing Foreign Ads, Starring Clooney, Kidman, DiCaprio Empty Re: Hollywood Stars In Embarrassing Foreign Ads, Starring Clooney, Kidman, DiCaprio

Post by Merlin Thu 20 Jan 2011, 07:23

I like George's adverts...it's nice to see him on TV too when you don't expect him.....my favourite is the one filmed at Como in the car....it's funny.
Merlin
Merlin
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Hollywood Stars In Embarrassing Foreign Ads, Starring Clooney, Kidman, DiCaprio Empty Re: Hollywood Stars In Embarrassing Foreign Ads, Starring Clooney, Kidman, DiCaprio

Post by Katiedot Thu 20 Jan 2011, 08:29

I agree it's nice to see famous people pop up on TV, but it does cheapen them IMO. The ones who need the money aren't famous enough to get these gigs and the ones famous enough just don't need the money.

I was a bit appalled at the close up shot of George's Omega watch in The American. Just another cheque in his bank account, I guess but cheap, cheap, cheap.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 20 Jan 2011, 13:39

The ones who need the money aren't famous enough to get these gigs and the ones famous enough just don't need the money

wow! so real cheers
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by PigLove Thu 20 Jan 2011, 16:10

Excellent point, Katie, and well said!

I'm a little embarrassed for GTC's "brazenness," but at least he's not selling makeup (skin care?) like Pierce Brosnan and one of the other guys.

And what the heck is Josh Hartnett doing there? Did I also see Hayden Christiansen? I hardly believe they're famous enough for this kind of thing. They're not even notorious, like JSimpson and KKardashian.

My final thought (before I start to bore everyone) is that the batman logo on Bale's Armani ad is tack-y! (But he is yumm-y!)
PigLove
PigLove
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down