George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George to attend Carousel of Hope Gala on 20 October EmptyToday at 14:00 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
George to attend Carousel of Hope Gala on 20 October EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George to attend Carousel of Hope Gala on 20 October EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George to attend Carousel of Hope Gala on 20 October EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George to attend Carousel of Hope Gala on 20 October EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George to attend Carousel of Hope Gala on 20 October EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George to attend Carousel of Hope Gala on 20 October EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George to attend Carousel of Hope Gala on 20 October EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George to attend Carousel of Hope Gala on 20 October EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George to attend Carousel of Hope Gala on 20 October

+38
Cinderella
lucy
Way2Old4Dis
EEOsandy
watching
theminis
iamnoone
Dior
Missa
EinsteinsMistress
barla
laetval
lelacorb
pandabear
premiere
lovelylois
noodle
annemarie
OofOof
fava
party animal - not!
Henway
Best in Category
amaretti
Maggy
Joanna
blubelle
cindigirl
it's me
silly girl
NotAvailable
The next mrs clooney
LornaDoone
m4rose
melbert
Lakin460
Katiedot
42 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

George to attend Carousel of Hope Gala on 20 October Empty George to attend Carousel of Hope Gala on 20 October

Post by Katiedot Thu 09 Aug 2012, 13:03

I thought this was already posted but couldn't find it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

August 8, 2012

When Barbara Davis comes knocking, Hollywood always answers, that includes George Clooney and Frank Sinatra. "The Carousel of Hope Ball is a real testament to her," Clooney says. "She's able to really put together a great group of people who all love her. Obviously, a big part of this is that you don't want to disappoint her. She works so hard at this, and she's really good at it. And I really care about her. She's a really nice, smart, hardworking woman who I believe very much in."

Clooney will be on hand to keep Variety 's Philanthropist of the Year happy (and accept her Brass Ring Award for "unprecedented humanitarian undertakings") at Davis' gala Oct. 20 at the BevHilton.

It's the legendary fete that has raised more than $75 million in the past 35 years for the octogenarian's two personal causes, the Children's Diabetes Foundation and the Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, both established in Denver after she and her late husband, billionaire businessman and one-time 20th Century Fox owner Marvin Davis, discovered their daughter Dana had childhood diabetes.

It's the huge party that Davis only puts on every other year, because of its massive size. Arguably the biggest philanthropic event held in this town, Davis' bash always draws A-list celebrities and power players from every era, as 2012's "blue ribbon committee" proves, boasting Sidney Poitier, Tom Cruise, Scarlett Johansson, Leslie Moonves, Barbra Streisand, Brad Grey, Denzel Washington and a host of others.

And it's an eclectic group. Always. Davis recalls, "The year Michael Bolton -- he's adorable -- sang at the Carousel Ball, he was going with Nicollette Sheridan. I remember the president, Ronnie Reagan, was sitting next to me, and then Nancy and opposite us was Michael and Nicollette, and they were continually making out at the table! And Ronnie said to me, 'Can you believe it? I can't look any further than right in front of me!' Anyway, they broke up later."

No wonder everyone in Hollywood wants to attend, even the newest kids on the block who have probably all heard the oft-said adage about this party, that "women who go to the Oscars borrow their jewels, but women who go to the Carousel of Hope simply open their safe-deposit boxes and take out their own statement pieces to wear."

"It was many years ago that I went, and I was really intimidated by it," Clooney says, recalling the 1996 gala. "Everybody was a big star, and I had been famous for about five minutes at that point. I was very intimidated by how many famous faces were there. I had never been to the Oscars, never been to anything like it before. So for me, that was the biggest event I had ever been to and I was very impressed by it."

And Davis' Carousel of Hope continues to impress, especially since Clive Davis (no relation) joined forces with the hostess with the mostest in that same year, signing on as her music chairman. "When she asked me to recruit Whitney Houston for the Carousel Ball in 1996, I obeyed the command!" jokes the famed recording executive. "Whitney immediately responded affirmatively and the three of us got to know each other very well." Even prior to her ongoing relationship with Davis, she'd already established the Carousel as the one fundraiser where top musical acts always performed, with Frank Sinatra leading the pack.

How does she get such headliners? "I call everybody myself," says Davis. "I call their publicists, I call their managers, I call their agents. And the ones that I know, like J. Lo and Marc Anthony last time, I know them, so I just called them and asked." Regarding Sinatra, she didn't even have to ask. "We had a house in Palm Springs, we used to go every weekend. And the Sinatras were on one side of us and the Annenbergs were here, on the other," Davis recalls. "So ... one night Frank said to Dana, she was 7 years old, 'Why don't you tell your mom to have a party with a lot of people, and I'll sing at the party and they will pay a lot of money.' And Dana said, 'Who would pay to listen to you sing?' He was just our neighbor! And he did come, and he sang three times at the event."
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George to attend Carousel of Hope Gala on 20 October Empty Re: George to attend Carousel of Hope Gala on 20 October

Post by Lakin460 Thu 09 Aug 2012, 13:12

"who would pay you to sing....?" LOLOLOLOL
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

George to attend Carousel of Hope Gala on 20 October Empty Re: George to attend Carousel of Hope Gala on 20 October

Post by melbert Fri 10 Aug 2012, 01:30

yes, it is somewhere, but I don't know where either.
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by m4rose Fri 10 Aug 2012, 03:02

Yeah! Another photo opportunity for Stacy in a ball gown. Awesome..........ugh.
m4rose
m4rose
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 10 Aug 2012, 03:15

Nice, George hasn't been to this ball in 16 years and he's going to be saddled with Stacy.

One of two things will happen IMO she'll be intimidated by the star power there and clam up or she'll inadvertently either offend or make George look bad by making some sort of inappropriate comment.

Of course, that's if George gives her enough rope to hang herself. If he's smart he'll keep her close and not give her much opportunity to talk.

And if he were smarter, he'd leave her at home and take the parents instead. That group is going to be more of his parents age anyway. Just sayin....

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Fri 10 Aug 2012, 03:27

I'm going to remain optimistic that the contract will have ended by then and Stacy will have been relegated back to her d-list associates and career.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by m4rose Fri 10 Aug 2012, 03:37

The next mrs clooney wrote:I'm going to remain optimistic that the contract will have ended by then and Stacy will have been relegated back to her d-list associates and career.

From your typing fingers to the ears of the Gods TNMC!!!
m4rose
m4rose
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Fri 10 Aug 2012, 06:32

Supposedly, the 8th woulda been it. Remember the odd pic that was taken down quickly then later made available of them sitting with her arm draped all over him? Earliest pic i think of them. It was said at that time that they met on the 8tn in Italy. Todays the 9th, or it was. One day after that supposed deadline. Think he's gonna keep her around for a while. Looks like to me.
NotAvailable
NotAvailable
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 11 Aug 2012, 02:55

Maybe her new gig on Lifetime will keep her too busy to attend the Gala!!??
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 11 Aug 2012, 13:58

Guys, do we really have to obsess about Stacy in every thread? She's not that important. This item is about George. Nobody's excited to see him there? Wondering what he'll do? No comments on the funny things he said about the first time he attended?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sat 11 Aug 2012, 14:20

I think he feels very honored to go....I would also think from seeing him in the past that he will be slightly embarrassed. Remember how he spoke when he was honored at that Kennedy event...even when he his AFI award. He kept wanting to be in photos with Julia Roberts....

He will be gracious I am sure.....

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 11 Aug 2012, 14:36

but
attend or honored?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 14 Sep 2012, 11:54

Just a reminder that this is coming up:

George Clooney: another award, and a Neil Diamond serenade

By Matt Donnelly

September 13, 2012, 6:58 p.m.

Let's face it: George Clooney is a pro at accepting awards.

While he didn't take home the lead actor Oscar this year for his turn in "The Descendants," there's plenty of charitable things that keep the actor busy when he's not at work, and the Carousel of Hope gala is taking note. By giving him an award.

Clooney will receive the Brass Ring honor at the 26th Carousel of Hope charity gala, presented by philanthropist Barbara Davis and Mercedes-Benz, on Oct. 20.

Celebrating Clooney for "outstanding artistic achievements and unprecedented humanitarian undertakings," most notably his advocacy for a resolution in Darfur, the affair will take place at the Beverly Hilton hotel.

A bigger surprise, and just as lovely a piece for his mantle: Neil Diamond has joined the performers lineup for the event, one that already boasts Aretha Franklin and Kenneth "Babyface" Edmonds.

The gala benefits the Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, which has raised over $75 million for research and care.

Congrats, Mr. Clooney, we'll see you there.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 14 Sep 2012, 12:51

so proud that George's humanitarian work is being acknowledged in this way.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Fri 14 Sep 2012, 16:46

silly girl wrote:I think he feels very honored to go....I would also think from seeing him in the past that he will be slightly embarrassed. Remember how he spoke when he was honored at that Kennedy event...even when he his AFI award.

He's very humble and I think slightly embarrassed during this speech in 2010.

Video of George receiving the Humanatarian Award at the Robert Kennedy event.

Last edited by cindigirl on Fri 14 Sep 2012, 16:53; edited 2 times in total
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Fri 14 Sep 2012, 16:47

I wonder who his +1 will be?
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 14 Sep 2012, 16:48

It's good news about George !

On the web site it says that there will be photos....so that's something to look forward to.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Fri 14 Sep 2012, 16:58

Thanks Cindi.

Can't wait for the photos to come out. It's always nice to see him.
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 14 Sep 2012, 17:19

can't see the vid

is this?

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Fri 14 Sep 2012, 17:33

it's me wrote:can't see the vid

is this?

YES
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Fri 14 Sep 2012, 18:05

This is a great honor . Very Happy

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 14 Sep 2012, 21:19

sure Smile it is
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Fri 14 Sep 2012, 22:41

That's a good news sunny

Best in Category

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 14 Sep 2012, 23:44

Ah was wondering what would entice him to go to an event that he had not been to in such a long time.

Look, if we set up a charity ball, invited all the Open Housers and told him we've got an award for him, do you think he'd come?

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 15 Sep 2012, 00:28

Yeah good idea...now....what Award were you thinking of
Lorna ??
Keep it clean now....lol
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 15 Sep 2012, 06:55

LOL!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 02 Oct 2012, 12:31

By Carousel of Hope Ball, Friday magazine

Published: 10:27 September 25, 2012

George Clooney reveals his humanitarian side

He was taught from an early age to help people worse off than him and it’s a lesson George Clooney has never forgotten, which is why he’s happy to support charities and will be going to the world-famous philanthropic Carousel of Hope Ball later this month

George Clooney’s time is split between acting, directing and producing. He’s also devoted to charity work but has to pick and choose carefully how to make the most of his limited time. Every two years, socialite and philanthropist Barbara Davis gets on the phone with the crème de la crème of Hollywood to promote her coveted philanthropic Carousel of Hope Ball – and no one ever turns her down. From George Clooney to Tom Cruise and Barbra Streisand then and now, they still come.

It’s an event that rivals the Oscars – the legendary fete has raised more than $75 million in the past 35 years for the octogenarian’s two personal causes, the Children’s Diabetes Foundation and the Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, both established in Denver after she and her late husband, billionaire businessman and one-time 20th Century Fox owner Marvin Davis, discovered their daughter Dana had childhood diabetes.

“The Carousel of Hope Ball is a real testament to Barbara,” Clooney says. “She’s able to really put together a great group of people who all love her. Obviously, a big part of this is that you don’t want to disappoint her. She works so hard at this, and she’s really good at it.

“And I really care about her. She’s a really nice, smart, hardworking woman who I believe very much in.”

Clooney will be on hand to keep Variety’s Philanthropist of the Year happy (and accept a coveted Brass Ring Award for “unprecedented humanitarian undertakings”) at Davis’ gala on October 20 at the Beverly Hilton.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Thu 18 Oct 2012, 17:17

How George Clooney Became Prince of the Ball
The Hollywood Exclusive by Marilyn Beck and Stacy Jenel Smith

Interesting, the story behind George Clooney becoming this year’s honoree at Barbara Davis’ gala of all Hollywood galas, the Carousel of Hope Ball.

The socialite philanthropist, whose event draws dozens of A-list stars and power players each year, tells us that she got to know Clooney just after he put together the January, 2010 Hope for Haiti telethon.

Medical personnel on the scene in that earthquake and poverty-stricken land needed drugs, including Insulin and antibiotics specifically used for diabetics. Clooney turned to Davis – whose Carousel of Hope events have brought in more than $100 million for the fight against the disease– and she turned to the pharmaceutical companies who know her well. Soon, the asked-for medications were on their way to Haiti – and Clooney and Davis had become philanthropy pals. Now Clooney’s the man of the hour at this Saturday’s (10/20) Carousel of Hope at the Beverly Hilton Hotel.

“Honestly, I can’t rave enough about the man. He uses his celebrity in such amazing ways. There may not be a Santa Claus, but there is a George Clooney,” says Davis, whose fundraiser benefits her Denver-based Center for Childhood Diabetes. Her friend George is a huge draw, of course, and it sounds as if the suave star even has Davis a little breathless. “He’s so nice you just can’t believe how wonderful! He’s such a mensh,” she gushes.

Carousel of Hope has been called the glitziest, most elaborate event on Hollywood’s charity calendar for good reason. Sponsored by Mercedes-Benz (which contributed a $137,505 Mercedes-Benz 2013 G63 AMG design for auction this year), the affair boasts Neil Diamond and Babyface as performers, Jay Leno back as emcee, with George Schlatter as producer and David Foster as music director.

Davis admits her charity, like nearly every charity out there, has felt the impact of the recession (not that you’d notice). “Very honestly, there are some people giving less. But there are also some giving more. People affected by auto immune diseases are more prone to get yet another auto immune disease,” she notes. One of her daughters has had diabetes since age seven, the other has MS– both auto immune diseases.

Among the expected attendees this year: Tatyana Ali, Antonio Banderas, Adrien Brody, Cheryl Burke, Sophia Bush, Jessica Capshaw, Jackie Collins, Joan Collins, Cindy Crawford & Rande Gerber, Billy Davis, Clive Davis, Jane Fonda, David Foster, Quincy Jones, Shirley MacLaine, Alyssa Milano, Shaquille O’Neil, Sidney and Joanna Poitier, Don Rickles, Smokey Robinson, Sarah Silverman, Jaclyn Smith, Sharon Stone, Alan Thicke and Diane Warren.

And among the items being auctioned off, in addition to the Mercedes: a luxurious Paris Haute Couture Fashion Week, including tickets to runway shows by Valentino, Versace, Giorgio Armani and others; and a Bora Bora dream wedding valued at $250,000.

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Henway Thu 18 Oct 2012, 19:09

Must suck to be George's plus one and not get your name in print under attendees.Rolling Eyes

Henway
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 18 Oct 2012, 19:32

a Bora Bora dream wedding???
LOOOL!!!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 18 Oct 2012, 19:54

.............with treasure, a blonde and a Norwegian bank thrown in....

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 18 Oct 2012, 19:57

Thumbs up!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Thu 18 Oct 2012, 20:01

"there may not be a santa claus, but there is a george clooney"
Good! Done deal! I want George Clooney, let the Santa Claus be busy somewhere else...forget about the presents too....

I know this is off topic but I couldn´t help myself. Kind of hope charity or something... isn´t it? Very Happy bounce

Best in Category

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 18 Oct 2012, 20:25

party animal - not! wrote:.............with treasure, a blonde and a Norwegian bank thrown in....

I do hope he gets his share of jokes about that thrown at him. Coolio

Isn't it lovely to read what someone says about George who actually knows him ?
Does anyone know if there's ever been anything bad said about him.....
from those who really know him ?

Apart from that O'Reilly chap of course ?? LOL
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Thu 18 Oct 2012, 20:44

I suspect David O Russell, director of Three Kings may have had a few choice words for him after the head-butting session they had. Not publicly though. They kissed and made up recently.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Thu 18 Oct 2012, 21:27

I don't think Charlie Kaufman (acacemy award winning screenwriter and writer on Confessions) has too much positive to say either.

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Fri 19 Oct 2012, 00:30

Another article:

Barbara Davis Talks Hosting the 34th Carousel of Hope Ball and Honoring George Clooney
4:08 PM PDT 10/18/2012 by Bill Higgins

Last year's Carousel Ball drew Tom Hanks, Sidney Poitier, Joan Collins and Quincy Jones.

Barbara Davis, who has been putting on the black-tie Carousel Ball for the past 34 years, will be back at the Beverly Hilton Saturday night for the 27th iteration. She has George Clooney as honoree and expects to raise close to $3 million for the Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes in Aurora, Colorado. Hers is the last of a traditional type of fund-raiser: a silent auction comes first (a wedding and 10 day honeymoon in Bora Bora at the St. Regis is one item); a live auction of a Mercedes; plus dinner with speeches and a performance by Neil Diamond. It’s a night when women wear the important jewelry and guests, who last year included Tom Hanks, Sidney Poitier, Joan Collins and Quincy Jones, exit with massive gift bags. THR caught up with her to chat about the Carousel Balls, both past and present.

The Hollywood Reporter: What’s the key element key to putting on the Ball?
Barbara Davis: You have to make the calls yourself. The people who need to be spoken to, I speak to them. People in Hollywood are very generous, but I’m a pain in the neck. I keep making calls until someone says ‘no’, then it’s a bad luck day and I quit. But this is the last week, so there can’t be any bad luck days.

THR: You’re sold-out and you’ve got George Clooney as the honoree. What could the problems be now?
Davis: People calling me about where they’re sitting. Oy, you don’t know.

THR: You and George share an interest in Haiti?
Davis: Yes, after the earthquake in Haiti, the one where George did the telethon, I worried about the people in Haiti with diabetes. There are 400,000 people there with diabetes. I was worried they couldn’t get their medicine because of the chaos. So we found someone who flew in with a prop plane and landed at the end of the runway with insulin, needles and antibiotics. The doctors met him with trucks and took it to the hospital. Whoever flies into Haiti at night in a prop plane, I didn’t know what he does in the daytime, but he did a great job for us.

THR: What’s the one thing you insist on at your hospital in Colorado?
Davis: That we’re nice and kind. It gives you encouragement. It makes you feel like everyone cares. Nice goes a very long way. It’s part of the treatment. There’s so much fear that comes on when someone is rude, rushing, disinterested.
THR: You’ve had some drama at the Ball?
Davis: One year, Jerry Buss, the Lakers owner, collapsed at his table. Oprah thought he was dead, but she’s not a doctor. Jerry was lucky -- the whole room was filled with doctors. The first doctor to get to him was Arnie Klein, Michael Jackson’s dermatologist. It’s a great room to be sick – you could get a flu shot, you could have a baby, anything.

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 19 Oct 2012, 00:49

Thanks for bringing us back on topic, Silly Girl.

Henway wrote:Must suck to be George's plus one and not get your name in print under attendees.Rolling Eyes
You reckon she's invited? I'm betting on no show.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Fri 19 Oct 2012, 00:56

Can't believe I'm back but at least it's on George's thread and not the girlfriend thread which frankly makes me not like him much...

Anyway, having a bad day and decided to see how my Clooney friends are doing and have been reading up on all things George. You ladies make me laugh and I feel like your friends.

As far as Stacy not celebrating her B-day with George and not attending the Gala, I guess I have to respectfully disagree with many who think he's off somewhere without her. I think she celebrated with friends early, went to Toronto for a paid party gig as the guy who tweeted is a professional party guy and then met up with George in Cabo for a quiet celebration with more friends. And, I'd bet she shows up at the Gala with him. I just don't think they're done. And, the only reason someone like Stacy who relies on PR for her living would go quiet is if she's with someone who doesn't want the paps to know where he is.
OofOof
OofOof
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Fri 19 Oct 2012, 00:57

Katiedot wrote:Thanks for bringing us back on topic, Silly Girl.

Henway wrote:Must suck to be George's plus one and not get your name in print under attendees.Rolling Eyes
You reckon she's invited? I'm betting on no show.

We can always hope. Would be nice to see George sans red carpet barbie on such a special night.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Fri 19 Oct 2012, 01:06

Welcome back Mizerello! I agree with you....the only time she goes quiet is when they are together. Don't be too disappointed ladies when she is there with him. We can only hope he does some photos without her because he is the honoree....

Crying or Very sad

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 19 Oct 2012, 01:44

I'm George's +1, cuz' I'm diabetic!! That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sat 20 Oct 2012, 15:04

Tips for those who wish to go: Wink

October 20, 2012 - The 26th Annual Carousel of Hope Ball takes place tonight in Beverly Hills with George Clooney being honored and lots of celebrities attending

The 26th Annual Carousel Ball for the Children's Diabetes Foundation is taking place tonight honoring George Clooney! In addition to George Clooney a huge list of stars will also be attending! Adrien Brody, Kenny "Babyface" Edmonds, Antonio Banderas, Stacy Keibler, Cheryl Burke, Carrie Ann Inaba, Shaquille "Shaq" O'Neal, Magic Johnson Sidney Poitier, Sharon Stone, Jane Fonda, Neil Diamond, Tatyana Ali, Jessica Capshaw, Sophia Bush, Alyssa Milano, Smokey Robinson, Donna Mills, Joan Van Ark, Jay Leno and many others are all scheduled to attend.

This event is taking place inside The Beverly Hilton's International Ballroom. Celebrities will begin arriving at 6:30 p.m. This event is taking place inside the hotel. You're welcome to sit in the lobby and you shouldn't have any issues as long as you're dressed nicely, act like you belong and behave yourself. Fans who run up to celebrities screaming for autographs and/or pictures or asking staff where the celebrities are will probably be shown the door and well behaved fans may be asked to leave as a result.

Pay attention to the celebrities you might want approach for an autograph and/or picture. Do they look approachable? If so, ask if you can have an autograph and/or picture. Once again, being rude will make it easy for the celebrity to refuse and probably get the fan kicked out. So if you're planning on attending, behave yourself and remind others not to spoil it for others! Sharon Stone is a celebrity I'd probably recommend avoiding any interaction with.

The Beverly Hilton is located at 9876 Wilshire Boulevard and directions can be found here.

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Sat 20 Oct 2012, 15:08

Not sure I believe you will be able to just sit there. This is a blog not a news outlet so I would take it with a grain of salt before you go rushing over there.

Last edited by The next mrs clooney on Sat 20 Oct 2012, 16:30; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : too early to write proper english apparently, LOL)
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sat 20 Oct 2012, 15:33

I'll never make it to LA but I'm looking forward to getting up tomorrow morning and seeing LOTS of pictures and maybe a video.

I'm suffering from Clooneyitis!!! lol
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Sat 20 Oct 2012, 16:17

I'm not suffering, lol.

But I do look forward to seeing lots of pictures tomorrow too. I love you
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 20 Oct 2012, 17:40

This is the first "release" that mentions Stacy being there. I hope it goes well for George.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Sat 20 Oct 2012, 17:45

Very Happy

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 20 Oct 2012, 20:06

Well, it's my bedtime now. Hope you guys can post the pictures if/when they start coming in.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 20 Oct 2012, 21:32

I hope there are lots of pics! Sleep tight Katie!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next