George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
George to attend Carousel of Hope Gala on 20 October - Page 4 EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George to attend Carousel of Hope Gala on 20 October - Page 4 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George to attend Carousel of Hope Gala on 20 October - Page 4 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George to attend Carousel of Hope Gala on 20 October - Page 4 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George to attend Carousel of Hope Gala on 20 October - Page 4 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George to attend Carousel of Hope Gala on 20 October - Page 4 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George to attend Carousel of Hope Gala on 20 October - Page 4 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George to attend Carousel of Hope Gala on 20 October - Page 4 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George to attend Carousel of Hope Gala on 20 October - Page 4 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George to attend Carousel of Hope Gala on 20 October

+38
Cinderella
lucy
Way2Old4Dis
EEOsandy
watching
theminis
iamnoone
Dior
Missa
EinsteinsMistress
barla
laetval
lelacorb
pandabear
premiere
lovelylois
noodle
annemarie
OofOof
fava
party animal - not!
Henway
Best in Category
amaretti
Maggy
Joanna
blubelle
cindigirl
it's me
silly girl
NotAvailable
The next mrs clooney
LornaDoone
m4rose
melbert
Lakin460
Katiedot
42 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

George to attend Carousel of Hope Gala on 20 October - Page 4 Empty Re: George to attend Carousel of Hope Gala on 20 October

Post by silly girl Mon 22 Oct 2012, 00:58

Nice article....Carl Reiner was supposed to present the award to him but he wasn't feeling well. I met him once....sweet man.

George Clooney Honored at Carousel of Hope Ball
4:32 PM PDT 10/21/2012 by Bill Higgins

Shirley MacLaine stands in for an ailing Carl Reiner to present the actor with his Brass Ring award during the event, which raised $2.5 million for diabetes treatment and research.

Shirley MacLaine came to the last-minute rescue at Saturday's Carousel of Hope Ball when she stood in for Carl Reiner, who she said was “all right but not coming,” to present the Brass Ring award to George Clooney. The honoree noted that Reiner was feeling under the weather and said his Ocean’s Thirteen co-star “is everything I want to be in my life, except 90.”

Dinner chair Barbara Davis said that Reiner had started feeling poorly the day before and his doctors recommend he rest. MacLaine was already on the guest list and agreed to stand in when the word came that Reiner was staying home.
PHOTOS: Hollywood Reporter's Philanthropy Issue
The presentation came at the end of the black-tie affair that began with a two-hour-long silent auction and reception that drew 1,200 guests, including Brad Grey, Sidney Poitier, Sherry Lansing, Jim Gianopulos, Bob Daly and Carole Bayer Sager, Jane Fonda, Jackie and Joan Collins, Mike Medavoy, Ron Burkle and Jerry Bruckheimer, who said, “It’s Barbara Davis’ life force that makes this happen.”
Davis has chaired 27 Balls over the last 34 years (the first honoree was Lucille Ball in 1978), with the proceeds going to the Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes in Aurora, Colo. Saturday's dinner raised more than $2.5 million. In her remarks, she noted that “one in three babies born today will develop diabetes during their lifetime. This is an epidemic.”
The event was emceed by Jay Leno, who had to talk over the crowd noise and began by saying, “Welcome, rich people who are eating.” Part of Leno’s duties were to host the live auction, and when the bidding on a luxury package to Bora Bora began at $10,000, Leno said, “Are you kidding? You can’t even get a hooker in Bora Bora for $10,000.” (The trip eventually went for $65,000.)
STORY: 'American Idol' Jessica Sanchez Celebrates With George Clooney at 26th Annual Carousel of Hope Ball
David Foster, Quincy Jones and Clive Davis arranged the night’s entertainment, which included Fernando Varela, American Idol’s Jessica Sanchez, Kenneth “Babyface” Edmonds and Neil Diamond. The show was produced by George Schlatter.
When making the award presentation to Clooney, MacLaine mentioned that she had a small part in the original Ocean’s 11 “as the drunk hooker,” and said Clooney was the “most generous, sweetest, charming human being I know.”
In his acceptance, Clooney spoke of his work in Darfur and said, “You can’t make people do the right things, but you can make it harder for them to do the wrong things.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

George to attend Carousel of Hope Gala on 20 October - Page 4 Empty Re: George to attend Carousel of Hope Gala on 20 October

Post by theminis Mon 22 Oct 2012, 01:29

Joining discussion a bit late, but anyway, looks like a fabulous night was had by many!. Good on George for his award - and my goodness how delicious does he look!!! Stacy IMO looks fabulous, elegant and compliments him wonderfully. Love love all the pictures - thanks ladies for posting them x Very Happy
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Mon 22 Oct 2012, 12:06

I just look at it and think "Yawn". Same old same old for the George and Stacy show. Great that he got recognised but the whole thing seems so dullsville.
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Mon 22 Oct 2012, 12:20

Some see staking a claim on her man, I see an odd head grab....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Stacy Keibler is all hands-on with her George

WITH both hands firmly on her man, retired professional wrestler Stacy Keibler left on-off boyfriend George Clooney in no doubt as to where she stands when they stepped out together in Hollywood. The state of their romance has intrigued Clooney's huge army of female fans. After a reported split last month, the couple were back cosying up together at the 26th anniversary Carousel Of Hope Ball presented by Mercedes-Benz at The Beverly Hilton Hotel. Keibler caused gasps on the red carpet in her Monique Lhuillier gown.

Clooney was being honoured for benefiting research and treatment for childhood diabetes and the event brought out A-listers like Neil Diamond, Nicollette Sheridan, Jennie Garth, Julianne Hough and Carmen Electra. But it was the photographs taken of the couple later at the dinner which intrigued celebrity watchers. Keibler (33) grabbed her 51-year-old lover intimately with two hands and drew him in close to whisper in his ear. It might not have been earth-shattering news for Clooney, but a message to the watching press that possession is nine-tenths of the law -- and he's mine.

During her time on 'Dancing with the Stars', judge Bruno Tonioli nicknamed Keibler "The Weapon of Mass Seduction" because of her extremely long legs. Clooney's romance with the 5ft 11in tall former WWC wrestler began in July 2011 and they spent last summer at his Italian holiday home at Lake Como.

Marriage rumours peaked after they were spotted having lunch with both his parents and her own parents on July 25. Speculation about a split was shelved after they appeared on the red carpet on October 5 at the premiere of his movie 'Argo'. The handsome actor is famous for his long list of glamorous girlfriends. He dated Kelly Preston in the 1980s and was married to Talia Balsam for four years. Clooney dated Celine Balitran after he met her waitressing in Paris and after dating British model Lisa Snowdon, he began a relationship with cocktail waitress Sarah Larson. Before Keibler, he dated model and actress Elisabetta Canalis.

- Emile Laurac

Link

Last edited by watching on Mon 22 Oct 2012, 12:25; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Also I have [b]finally[/b] learnt how to post pics. Yay!!!)
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Mon 22 Oct 2012, 12:28

I saw that. I looked at it closer and it looked like she was wiping lipstick off his cheek. Whether it was hers or not is the question. He looks a bit unsteady. Of course to others it is all the proof they need for them to be really really together. But to others it will mean nothing. It is all the way you look at it. Wink

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 22 Oct 2012, 12:53

To me it looked like she wanted to say something in his ear. Love the way he has his hand on his wine glass.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 22 Oct 2012, 13:02

he has a unique way to move his hands

does she need to twist his head
to have audience from him?

WATCH OUT Evil or Very Mad YOU!!
HIS NECK IS
FRAGILE
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Mon 22 Oct 2012, 13:17

it's me wrote:he has a unique way to move his hands

does she need to twist his head
to have audience from him?

WATCH OUT Evil or Very Mad YOU!!
HIS NECK IS
FRAGILE
Yeah, WATCH OUT! warning

Last edited by Maggy on Mon 22 Oct 2012, 13:18; edited 1 time in total
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 22 Oct 2012, 13:18

Very Happy Thumbs up!

look!
isn't he soooooo AMMMAZING sweeeeet!?

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Mon 22 Oct 2012, 13:23

Yes, he is amazing and plucky I love you Hug1
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Mon 22 Oct 2012, 13:31

Katiedot wrote:To me it looked like she wanted to say something in his ear. Love the way he has his hand on his wine glass.

A George affects more than a glass of wine from the caress of Stacy, when someone caresses you generally look in eyes!
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 22 Oct 2012, 14:23

floggingadeadhorse headbang whoosh floggingadeadhorse
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelylois Mon 22 Oct 2012, 14:48

watching wrote:I just look at it and think "Yawn". Same old same old for the George and Stacy show. Great that he got recognised but the whole thing seems so dullsville.

I agree with you watching it is a "Yawn", but I find it also sad. After all these years, he has no significant other or even a child to share all these type of awards with. Just a long string of girlfriends. Actually, his parents would have enjoyed this gala, hanging out with the old time Hollywood crowd.

lovelylois
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Henway Mon 22 Oct 2012, 14:56

watching wrote:Some see staking a claim on her man, I see an odd head grab....

Stacy Keibler is all hands-on with her George

WITH both hands firmly on her man, retired professional wrestler Stacy Keibler left on-off boyfriend George Clooney in no doubt as to where she stands when they stepped out together in Hollywood. The state of their romance has intrigued Clooney's huge army of female fans. After a reported split last month, the couple were back cosying up together at the 26th anniversary Carousel Of Hope Ball presented by Mercedes-Benz at The Beverly Hilton Hotel. Keibler caused gasps on the red carpet in her Monique Lhuillier gown.

Clooney was being honoured for benefiting research and treatment for childhood diabetes and the event brought out A-listers like Neil Diamond, Nicollette Sheridan, Jennie Garth, Julianne Hough and Carmen Electra. But it was the photographs taken of the couple later at the dinner which intrigued celebrity watchers. Keibler (33) grabbed her 51-year-old lover intimately with two hands and drew him in close to whisper in his ear. It might not have been earth-shattering news for Clooney, but a message to the watching press that possession is nine-tenths of the law -- and he's mine.

During her time on 'Dancing with the Stars', judge Bruno Tonioli nicknamed Keibler "The Weapon of Mass Seduction" because of her extremely long legs. Clooney's romance with the 5ft 11in tall former WWC wrestler began in July 2011 and they spent last summer at his Italian holiday home at Lake Como.

Marriage rumours peaked after they were spotted having lunch with both his parents and her own parents on July 25. Speculation about a split was shelved after they appeared on the red carpet on October 5 at the premiere of his movie 'Argo'. The handsome actor is famous for his long list of glamorous girlfriends. He dated Kelly Preston in the 1980s and was married to Talia Balsam for four years. Clooney dated Celine Balitran after he met her waitressing in Paris and after dating British model Lisa Snowdon, he began a relationship with cocktail waitress Sarah Larson. Before Keibler, he dated model and actress Elisabetta Canalis.

- Emile Laurac

Link

I have to laugh at this .... if you go to getty(larger picture) you will see she is grabbing him to wipe lipstick off his cheek, not sure who's lipstick though.

Warning snarkism......

So Stacy is taking care of grandpa Clooney wonder if she cuts and feeds him his food, oh wait some site did say they feed each other didn't they. But when you have luigid diets who needs help, unless you dribble! Smile)))))))))))))

Henway
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Mon 22 Oct 2012, 15:21

Henway wrote:So Stacy is taking care of grandpa Clooney wonder if she cuts and feeds him his food, oh wait some site did say they feed each other didn't they. But when you have luigid diets who needs help, unless you dribble! Smile)))))))))))))

I have to admit Hen I've seen a lot of grandpas but never one that looked as good as George. LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 22 Oct 2012, 15:32

The interesting thing about the 'face' pix that I notice is that at no point does GC look irritated by any of it, and of all the public events they've attended this is the one that's placed the most focus on them as a couple because he's the honouree. And to me he seems perfectly happy.

By the way, very good shots of the Harrison Fords and Chris Martins kissing. How long have those two couples been together? And have we ever seen GC kiss a girlfriend at a public event in the same way?

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Mon 22 Oct 2012, 15:45

[quote="party animal - not!"By the way, very good shots of the Harrison Fords and Chris Martins kissing. How long have those two couples been together? And have we ever seen GC kiss a girlfriend at a public event in the same way?[/quote]

The last time I remember was when he kissed Elisabetta at an event in Italy. And that was when she held her head up and looked down her nose at him. That was the time she wore the horrendous pink dress. I completely understand why he doesn't do PDA in the public anymore.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by EEOsandy Mon 22 Oct 2012, 15:53

party animal - not! wrote:

By the way, very good shots of the Harrison Fords and Chris Martins kissing. How long have those two couples been together? And have we ever seen GC kiss a girlfriend at a public event in the same way?

You were the one who used Mr. and Mrs. Chris Martin and Mr. and Mrs. Harrison Ford as examples.

EEOsandy
EEOsandy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 22 Oct 2012, 16:11

Yep. I did, EEO, because there are constant comments about how few PDAs there are between them, too, given the length of their relationships.

Thanks for the finds.

Conclusion: Everyone's different. Interesting that Ms Larson didn't last very long........so PDA may not mean a lot. Question: was that relationship all about guilt, post accident?

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by barla Mon 22 Oct 2012, 16:14

EEOsandy wrote:
party animal - not! wrote:

You were the one who used Mr. and Mrs. Chris Martin and Mr. and Mrs. Harrison Ford as examples.

.....finally.... Thumbs up!

If you search more, you can find the same thing (only for press) with Ely and, worser, in privacy....with her....
barla
barla
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Post by EEOsandy Mon 22 Oct 2012, 16:20

party animal - not! wrote:Yep. I did, EEO, because there are constant comments about how few PDAs there are between them, too, given the length of their relationships.

Thanks for the finds.

Conclusion: Everyone's different. Interesting that Ms Larson didn't last very long........so PDA may not mean a lot. Question: was that relationship all about guilt, post accident?

I wouldn't begin to speculate why he stayed with SL - could have been guilt, post accident, or mostly likely because of the reason he was attracted to her in the first place - whatever that was.
EEOsandy
EEOsandy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Mon 22 Oct 2012, 16:22

party animal - not! wrote:Conclusion: Everyone's different. Interesting that Ms Larson didn't last very long........so PDA may not mean a lot. Question: was that relationship all about guilt, post accident?

That's an interesting point. I read he felt really bad about the motorcycle accident - or - maybe because they spent so much alone time while they healed that they got tired of each other. I always felt bad that he made her go to one of his premieres on crutches.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Mon 22 Oct 2012, 16:37

Funny take on the Gala from Variety:

Good sport George
Carousel of Hope Ball honors Clooney
By JENNY PETERS

As Saturday night's big honoree, George Clooney must have known what was in store for him as he joined Barbara Davis and all her friends at the 2012 Carousel of Hope Ball. In the VIP room of the Beverly Hilton, Clooney passed on the flowing Moet & Chandon champagne as he glad-handed at the massive meet and greet, with girlfriend Stacy Keibler at his side.
"Look for me later," he quipped. "I'll be the really drunk one."

Cut to the finale of the biannual event, and there he was, drinking red wine out of the bottle after accepting his Brass Ring Award. That was his Dutch courage as headliner Neil Diamond forced him to sing along to "Sweet Caroline," right from the center of the ballroom at the large rectangular "power" table.

And powerful it was, as all of Davis' pals continue to support her after 35 years of this party, put on to fund her children's hospital in Denver and the research to help eradicate juvenile diabetes. Clive Davis, Sidney Poitier, Shirley MacLaine, Berry Gordy, Jane Fonda, Jerry Weintraub, George Schlatter and Quincy Jones all made that top table, as did Jay Leno, who hosted the show. David Foster brought the musical performers, including "American Idol" favorite Jessica Sanchez, Kenny "Babyface" Edmunds and Diamond.

Also joining in the revelry were Jerry Bruckheimer, Mike Medavoy, Bryan Lourd, Jim Gianopulos, Sumner Redstone, Arnold Kopelson, Carole Bayer Sager and Bob Daly. And scattered throughout the room were the gorgeous younger set, like Julianne Hough, Daisy Fuentes, Carmen Electra, Lauren C. Mayhew, Sasha Alexander and Carrie Ann Inaba.

But it was Gene Simmons of Kiss who coughed up the big bucks, bidding thousands for a wedding trip to the St. Regis Bora Bora, complete with a couture dress included, despite the fact that wife Shannon Tweed was sitting beside him. Needless to say, Clooney kept his hands firmly in his lap during that auction.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Mon 22 Oct 2012, 17:02

Hehehe. Ha ha

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 22 Oct 2012, 17:13

Yep, couldn't believe he fell for the one of he and Eli out by the lake for all the world to see, where she's sitting on the balustrade by the steps, and he's in the white suit. Someone must have known there'd be a photolense out there somewhere............

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 22 Oct 2012, 17:22

I hate this pic
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Mon 22 Oct 2012, 19:15

I dunno... kind of torn on the GC/SK dynamic in these pics. On one hand, it looks like George might be at the I-just-don't-give-a-fuck stage of the romance (the same could be said for Stacy's hairdo). On the other, you don't let just anyoldbody sit next to Sidney Poitier.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Mon 22 Oct 2012, 19:29

laetval
laetval
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Mon 22 Oct 2012, 19:40

Way2Old4Dis wrote:On the other, you don't let just anyoldbody sit next to Sidney Poitier.

Thanks for the pic laetval. On the other hand it could be the boy-girl, boy-girl arrangement. - Or, maybe he thought Stacy because she is chatty she would make Sidney Poitier feel comfortable. He does look a little shy here.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 22 Oct 2012, 19:45

Good picture, thanks laetval... Coolio

I much prefer these candid shots rather than the posed red carpet ones. They're the type of pictures I like to take at formal occasions.

Sidney P looks very comfortable sitting between two attractive ladies !
I bet it made his evening complete.

I notice the water has gone down....Lol
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Mon 22 Oct 2012, 19:51

If there was one thing I'd do before leaving the house, it would be to tell Stacy Keibler not to try to chat up Mr. Sidney Poitier. And I think this photo shows that it's George that's doing the talking (George and the lady to Poitier's right are leaning in, and Poitier's eyes are towards GC, not SK). Still, being seated next to Poitier is an honor you don't hand out lightly.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 22 Oct 2012, 19:54

Your point being ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Mon 22 Oct 2012, 19:57

Joanna wrote:Your point being ?

You talkin' ta me?

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Mon 22 Oct 2012, 20:00

I don't think George did the seating arrangement unless he's given up acting and is now running an event planning service. He sits where he is told just like everyone else at the dinner and Stacy being his guest gets to sit next to him. If he had taken his mom she would have been sat there. If he'd have taken his cleaning lady she would have been sat there. Why are we reading into this. It doesn't bear any relevance to Stacy being important because her assigned seating.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 22 Oct 2012, 20:08

Haven't a clue tnmc...ask Wods why the comment in the first place...Lol
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Mon 22 Oct 2012, 20:10

Sidney Poitier is 86 years old and I think "men of a certain age" would feel comfortable sitting next to an attractive pleasant woman. Bcause the night was in George's honor, I don't think it would be too far fetched to think he just might have some say in the seating arrangement.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Mon 22 Oct 2012, 20:12

True I think I agree it is a boy girl seating arrangement. He was her date and she would sit next to him. I did take notice that she is eating salad and that there is an empty wine glass in front of her....so she is taking her cleanse seriously.

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Mon 22 Oct 2012, 20:21

laetval
laetval
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Mon 22 Oct 2012, 20:25

laetval wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

George: pride or irony?
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Mon 22 Oct 2012, 20:29

Go away for a few days and look what you miss- handsome George winning yet another something. Good for him he deserves it, and he is looking mighty fine, to bad he didn't get the singing gene. That's ok he can act, dance, direct, he's fun and funny, and he's cute. Oh his date looks nice, and looks as if they had a good time.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 22 Oct 2012, 20:37

lelacorb wrote:
laetval wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

George: pride or irony?

Neither....he's trying to suppress his male urges as he looks
at his One and Only....Lol
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Mon 22 Oct 2012, 20:40

I think he's saying "Go get-em girl."
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 22 Oct 2012, 20:50

Yep, and I think he trusts her completely in all these social situations. If it were otherwise, she wouldn't be there

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Mon 22 Oct 2012, 21:23

Way2Old4Dis wrote:I dunno... kind of torn on the GC/SK dynamic in these pics. On one hand, it looks like George might be at the I-just-don't-give-a-fuck stage of the romance (the same could be said for Stacy's hairdo). On the other, you don't let just anyoldbody sit next to Sidney Poitier.

That be my point.

As evidenced by words like "torn," "On one hand," and "On the other," I'm saying I get mixed clues. I would think that was clear. Apparently not.

I'll rephrase: Conflicting signals demonstrated. A couple not all that connected by observation, but on a social/psychological level it's significant that he put his Plus One next to a universal icon.

Is that clearer?

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Mon 22 Oct 2012, 21:54

Way2Old4Dis wrote:
Way2Old4Dis wrote:I dunno... kind of torn on the GC/SK dynamic in these pics. On one hand, it looks like George might be at the I-just-don't-give-a-fuck stage of the romance (the same could be said for Stacy's hairdo). On the other, you don't let just anyoldbody sit next to Sidney Poitier.

That be my point.

As evidenced by words like "torn," "On one hand," and "On the other," I'm saying I get mixed clues. I would think that was clear. Apparently not.

I'll rephrase: Conflicting signals demonstrated. A couple not all that connected by observation, but on a social/psychological level it's significant that he put his Plus One next to a universal icon.

Is that clearer?

I have to disagree. He took Sarah Larson to meet the Dalai Lama, for heaven's sake. He seems to be of the mind that he's bringing whoever he's bringing, other guests be damned.
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Mon 22 Oct 2012, 22:11

You disagree with my clarification of my own point?

Again, I simply think the fact that he appears to be not completely invested in the relationship is in conflict with the honor of being seated between the honoree and an even bigger legend.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelylois Mon 22 Oct 2012, 22:33

From Lainey gossip - I don't know if anybody posted this
George Clooney and Stacy’s crowd
October 22, 2012
Posted at 11:36 AM

Stacy Keibler accompanied George Clooney to the Carousel Ball of Hope the other night. Or maybe I should say that George Clooney accompanied Stacy Keibler. Because... well... here are some of the other people at the event:

Joan Van Ark
Charlene Tilton
Jason Davis
Nicollette Sheridan
Jennie Garth
Nicky Hilton
Julianne Hough
Carmen Electra
Cheryl Burke

I mean...this is not the usual calibre of guest at an event where George Clooney shows up, right? As far as I could see, he was the only movie star in attendance. Almost everyone else was, like, Dancing With The Stars and 80s soap operas.

But this is fascinating, non? That Stacy’s standing as Clooney Girl is so secure right now he’s willing to lower the standard of his social calendar? First he gives her a drawer and now he’s mingling with the B- to C List?

She is good this girl, she really is. He’s rewarding her for being so good, not wanting marriage or babies and all that sh-t he doesn’t want. And he’s rewarding her so... happily too, right? Check him out, not being sulky or pouty or behaving like this is beneath him, joking around with Neil Diamond. That’s the kind of date you want -- a guy who participates and WANTS to enjoy himself even though it’s not his usual crowd.

But WHY does she have such a hard time dressing up? Look at this hair. WHAT IS THIS HAIR???

lovelylois
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Tue 23 Oct 2012, 00:03

Way2Old4Dis wrote:You disagree with my clarification of my own point?

Again, I simply think the fact that he appears to be not completely invested in the relationship is in conflict with the honor of being seated between the honoree and an even bigger legend.

Nope, I disagree with the premise that his allowing a a date to sit next to a "legend" connotes any "honor" at all. He brings his date, whoever that might be, and she sits where the seating plan tells her to sit. He seems to care less about who will end up sitting next to whom, and more about avoiding attending these things alone at all costs, for some reason.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Tue 23 Oct 2012, 00:19

Sidney Poitier is a living legend. No quotation marks. He is nearly 90, an icon, a groundbreaker, a pioneer. He has left an historic mark on Hollywood. It is an honor to be seated next to him at an event. (No quotation marks there, either.) There is a reason he has a seat at the table with the honoree and the host, when he hasn't made a major movie in 15 years.

The seating chart was hardly my point, but do you not think that when the planning was in the works, the host took the guest list to George and said, "Who do you want in this spot?" At which point George looks at the list and says, "That's a no brainer. Mr. Poitier."

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Tue 23 Oct 2012, 00:29

Oh, for Pete's sake.

The word "legend" is in quotes because I was indicating that I was using your words. You'll have no argument from me that Sidney Poitier is a legend, so settle down.

And no, I do not believe that George has any say in any seating arrangements at any event he attends (with the exception perhaps of the Obama fundraiser at his home). The event is run by Mrs. Davis, who apparently makes personal phone calls to each attendee to invite them. Do you think someone who micromanages to that level (not saying that's a bad thing), delegates the seating arrangements? In some of the pictures, Mrs. Davis is sitting to George's left. Perhaps it is she who wanted to sit at the same table with Sidney Poitier.

This wasn't a party planned exclusively for George. It was a biennial charity fundraiser that happened to select George as their honoree this year. If George had a say in the planning process, I'm certain he would have selected better performers than the runner-up from last year's American Idol and an R&B singer from the 90s.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next