George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George at Virtual Carousel of Hope Ball 2020 EmptyYesterday at 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
George at Virtual Carousel of Hope Ball 2020 EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George at Virtual Carousel of Hope Ball 2020 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George at Virtual Carousel of Hope Ball 2020 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George at Virtual Carousel of Hope Ball 2020 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George at Virtual Carousel of Hope Ball 2020 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George at Virtual Carousel of Hope Ball 2020 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George at Virtual Carousel of Hope Ball 2020 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George at Virtual Carousel of Hope Ball 2020 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George at Virtual Carousel of Hope Ball 2020

5 posters

Go down

George at Virtual Carousel of Hope Ball 2020 Empty George at Virtual Carousel of Hope Ball 2020

Post by party animal - not! Sun 11 Oct 2020, 10:30

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

- which just happened.........

Can't remember whether we knew about this

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George at Virtual Carousel of Hope Ball 2020 Empty Re: George at Virtual Carousel of Hope Ball 2020

Post by annemarie Sun 11 Oct 2020, 10:44

Yes we knew .

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

George at Virtual Carousel of Hope Ball 2020 Empty Re: George at Virtual Carousel of Hope Ball 2020

Post by annemarie Sun 11 Oct 2020, 10:48

[size=34]Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton join George Clooney and Oprah at the Carousel of Hope Ball benefiting the Children's Diabetes Foundation[/size]

By DAN HECHING FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 01:53 EDT, 11 October 2020 | UPDATED: 03:28 EDT, 11 October 2020

The Carousel of Hope Ball is traditionally held every two years in Los Angeles, California at the Beverly Hilton Hotel, but this year of course proved different. 
For the first time since its inception in 1978, the 34th annual edition of the starry fundraiser gala went virtual, welcoming celebrities including Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton, George Clooney, Oprah and Tom Hanks via video meeting on Saturday night.
The event, this year hosted by Jay Leno as the master of ceremonies, has to date raised over $110 million dollars towards finding a cure for diabetes. 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

+16

Performers: Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton performed for The Carousel of Hope Ball on Saturday night

+16

Holding court: Oprah Winfrey appeared during the event, benefiting the Children's Diabetes Foundation
Sweethearts Stefani and Shelton serenaded viewers of the event – which was available for public viewing for the first time in the event's history.

The event also welcomed performances and special appearances from other stars, like Burt Bacharach, Tony Bennett, Andrea Bocelli, Clive Davis, Kenny Babyface Edmonds, Josh Groban, Cynthia Erivo, Sam Smith, Jennifer Hudson, Gladys Knight, Adam Lambert, Barry Manilow, Diane Warren and Dionne Warwick.

RELATED ARTICLES

Jane Fonda, David Geffen, Anjelica Huston, Rob Lowe, Henry Winkler, Samuel L. Jackson, Maria Shriver, Judge Judy Sheindlin, Dame Joan Collins and Robert De Niro were some of the other stars to attend and participate in the event.

Making a showing: Both Tom Hanks and George Clooney also attended remotely, for the first-ever virtual edition of the event

+16

What a smile: Previous Brass Ring Award recipient Jane Fonda also lent her presence

+16

Performing: Musical guests included Kenny G

+16

Funnyman: The event, this year hosted by Jay Leno as the master of ceremonies, has to date raised over $110 million dollars towards finding a cure for diabetes
Carousel Chairman Barbara Davis – who turns 90 this year – and her committee organized fundraising at the gala through sponsorships, a live and silent auction, underwriting and contributions.  
Proceeds of the event benefit the Children’s Diabetes Foundation and the Barbara Davis Center for Diabetes – which fetes its 40th anniversary this year.  
Sir Michael Caine, David Copperfield, John Elway, Lionel Richie, Sir Rod Stewart, Pia Toscano, and Usher also joined the starry line-up.

+16

More musical interludes: Oscar nominee Cynthia Erivo sang with Sam Smith, as well as Adam Lambert for the event

+16

Sharing her thoughts: Maria Shriver also made an appearance at the event, which was viewable to the public via livestream for the first time 

+16

From the heart: Academy Award winner Jennifer Hudson also sang at the virtual show

+16

Crooner: Adam Lambert wore a lovely floral shirt when he performed 
The last Carousel of Hope Ball took place in 2018.
That event honored Robert De Niro with the Brass Ring Award – a prestigious prize previously bestowed upon the likes of Frank Sinatra, Hillary Clinton, Stevie Wonder, Whitney Houston, Clooney, Fonda, Sir Sidney Poitier, David Foster, Halle Berry, Sherry Lansing and more.
2018's gala alone raised close to $2million in the fight against diabetes.

+16

Legend: The event also welcomed a performance from Sir Rod Stewart 

+16

Singing star: Lionel Richie also shared words

+16

Harmonizing: David Foster, Pia Toscana and Andrea Bocelli performed during the ball

Hollywood legends: Anjelica Huston and Robert De Niro were some of the other stars to attend and participate in the event

+16

Casual: Actor Rob Lowe attended remotely from the back of his pickup truck, with a surfboard visible in the back

+16

Musical treasure: Gladys Knight was also a participant in the starry event

+16

Smiles: Samuel L. Jackson and LaTanya Richardson attended from a garden 

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 11 Oct 2020, 19:20

Where was him?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 11 Oct 2020, 20:52

He is in Los Angeles .looks like he chose another room to film in.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 11 Oct 2020, 23:33

Ok
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 12 Oct 2020, 11:03

Thanks, PAN. Yes, we did know he was going to do this, but I'm bad at remembering dates of when he's going to do things!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Wed 14 Oct 2020, 00:53

Hey, there's an idea for a new site feature: the George Clooney Calendar! You could add expected events, openings, show appearances, whatever.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 14 Oct 2020, 09:31

I remember doing that here years ago, but then I got tired of updating it. Let me see if I can find a system that everyone can edit.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down