George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Julianna Margulies, Past BFF - Page 2 EmptyToday at 10:30 by party animal - not!

»  George filming new film in UK
Julianna Margulies, Past BFF - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Julianna Margulies, Past BFF - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Julianna Margulies, Past BFF - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Julianna Margulies, Past BFF - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Julianna Margulies, Past BFF - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Julianna Margulies, Past BFF - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Julianna Margulies, Past BFF - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Julianna Margulies, Past BFF - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Julianna Margulies, Past BFF

+21
bellybaby
watching
Aly
The next mrs clooney
Shyla
madsky
Katiedot
Galway Girl
Maggy
playfuldeb
Lakin460
cindigirl
Joanna
hathaross
Merlin
Astras
LornaDoone
melbert
it's me
*Vane
davidarochelle
25 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Julianna Margulies, Past BFF - Page 2 Empty Re: Julianna Margulies, Past BFF

Post by Shyla Sat 02 Jun 2012, 16:19

I agree! I hope he finds someone he is really and TRULY happy with.
Apparently, he doesn't mind the course he is going in but, i wish him happiness

Shyla
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Sat 02 Jun 2012, 19:30

Sorry, but I don't buy that he was having a relationship with Julianna. I think many ER fans wanted to believe that it was something off screen also. Happens a lot with co-stars that they are linked together even when they are not. Having lunch together doesn't prove anything. I have lunch with male co-workers, sometimes just the two of us and doesn't mean I'm sleeping with them.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 02 Jun 2012, 20:29

There are different kinds of love between
males and females and when they work together and share intimate or stressful moments it creates a love that isn't necessarily
based on sex.

I've experienced that in a working situation and of course, small minded people assumed wrongly that we were having an affair !
His wife didn't though lol!
That relationship is still going strong after 40plus years too.
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sat 02 Jun 2012, 20:44

Video, Julianna talks about George.

cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 02 Jun 2012, 21:35

They totally loved each other, but were NOT in love with each other. Respect, admiration, friends, yes. Lovers, no.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Sun 03 Jun 2012, 01:11

melbert wrote:They totally loved each other, but were NOT in love with each other. Respect, admiration, friends, yes. Lovers, no.

Well said Melbert, I agree 100%.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Sun 03 Jun 2012, 01:12

I AGREE!!!!!! Very Happy
hathaross
hathaross
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Aly Sun 03 Jun 2012, 01:34

Right , Melbert.
Aly
Aly
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Fri 08 Jun 2012, 12:46

As it is Julianna's birthday today, a couple of newish articles on her.

Face Time - Julianna Margulies

I scored some face time with Julianna Margulies at a recent L’Oréal Paris event, held in honor of her new role as ambassador for the brand’s Women of Worth program. Inspired by the famous 1971 slogan “Because you’re worth it,” the program aims to support strength, confidence and positivity in women. L’Oréal made a good choice in Margulies. Within moments of meeting her, she demonstrated all those attributes and more. Aside from her many accomplishments, including playing the role of Alicia in CBS’s “The Good Wife,” she also maintains a flawless, porcelain complexion. I wanted some tips!

T.T.: What is the one constant in your beauty routine that contributes to your beautiful complexion?
J.M.: I would have to say one of the best things I do for my skin is stay out of the sun. I think the sun is very damaging to the skin. And taking care of your skin, I believe, should be a priority.

T.T.: What do you use for sun protection?
J.M.: Aside from a sunblock with SPF 30, I try to wear a hat.

T.T.: Is there anything you do to care for your skin while filming “The Good Wife,” with all the lights and makeup?
J.M.: Yes, I’d say making sure to cleanse and moisturize it well at the end of the day. I work 14 hours a day, five days a week, for over nine months. That is a lot of makeup! So I like to give my skin a chance to breathe whenever possible. I wash it well and use a toner with cotton pads after, to remove what is left. Then moisturize well.

T.T.: Since signing on with L’Oréal, have you become a fan of its skin care?
J.M.: Definitely. I’ve been using the L’Oréal Revitalift products. They are really effective.

T.T.: Where do you think your skin care dedication and knowledge came from?
J.M.: I’m sure a great deal of it came to me through my mother. She was a ballerina. She wore a full face of makeup on stage, and she was fastidious about removing it after a performance. Taking care of her skin was very important to her. She instilled this in me at a young age, which is a good time to start being aware — as a preventative measure.

T.T.: You have such striking features — a natural beauty. What is your basic everyday makeup?
J.M.: You know, I’ve learned a lot and I also leave a lot up to the pros. For instance, I’ve learned to use a damp sponge to apply foundation; it gives a smooth yet sheer and natural look. Then I spot-conceal where necessary. I like foundation and concealer by Clé de Peau. I use mascara by Lancôme. Their Hypnôse Drama is really good. For a little cheek color, I like Nars blush in Orgasm. For a bit of eye drama, I like individual lashes — but only if I’m having my makeup done.

T.T.: How about your eye-catching eyebrows — how do you keep them in such flattering shape?
J.M.: Another thing I leave up to the pros! I pretty much leave them alone. Then when I have a job or press event, I’ll have my makeup artist clean them up a bit. In general, with myself I’m pretty minimal. Although I will occasionally touch up my hair myself, with L’Oréal Paris Excellence Crème Hair Color — it’s supergood and easy.

T.T.: Is there a product you always have in your bag?
J.M.: I usually carry a tube of L’Oréal Colour Riche Anti-Aging Serum Lip Colour. I like that you get treatment and color all in one.

T.T.: Is there anything you regularly do to care for your hair?
J.M.: I try not to shampoo it too often. I condition it often but only shampoo it twice a week.

T.T.: When you have a chance to work out, what do you like to do?
J.M.: I don’t get the chance to exercise much while I’m filming the show. But when I’m off, I’ll work out about six days a week. I find it very meditative. I like to do a lot of cardio. And I love running.

T.T.: Are you pretty mindful of your diet?
J.M.: Well, I try to eat as clean and balanced as possible. I’m a big believer in moderation. But I’ll have a weekend glass of wine or martini. I would say I’m most watchful of my carb intake.

T.T.: You always look so polished and chic. Who are your favorite designers?
J.M.: I really like Narciso Rodriguez and L’Wren Scott. Their clothes suit my style and fit well.

T.T.: Is confidence something you’ve had to struggle with at some point in your life?
J.M.: Growing up it was not always easy since I didn’t have typical, all-American or classically beautiful looks. People didn’t quite know how to categorize me. At a certain point, I stopped caring what others thought was perfect. All that matters is what you see is perfect, to you. Confidence is beautiful. Being confident in your worth is a great place to start.

New York Times

Margulies uses iPad app to remember lines

Former E.R. star Julianna Margulies has Tom Hanks' actress wife Rita Wilsonto thank for helping her master her lines - she turned her on to an amazing new memory tool online. Margulies reveals she asked Wilson for help when she found herself struggling to remember dialogue for her hit drama The Good Wife - and the Sleepless in Seattle star suggested she try a new cellphone application, called Rehearsal 2.

The actress tells The Hollywood Reporter, "It's on the iPad. You highlight your lines with your fingers.

"I shoot 23 episodes a year, and it's all legal dialogue. It's so inhuman what they (writers) want you to do. Rita Wilson, who was a guest on our show, saw me... just sweating bullets all the time. She's like, 'Honey, Rehearsal 2'. And it's changed my life!"

London Free Press

Julianna Margulies' Good Intentions

She may play a doting mom to her television son and daughter on CBS’ “The Good Wife,” but in real life Julianna Margulies has a far more practical view on parenting.

“I’d love to go back to the stage, but I don’t think I will until my son [four-year-old Kieran Lindsay Lieberthal] is in high school and doesn’t want me around on weekends,” Margulies said Wednesday at New York’s New Museum, where L’Oréal Paris revealed her as ambassador for its Women of Worth program.

“When I was single without a child, doing theater was awesome,” the eight-time Screen Actors’ Guild Award and two-time Emmy Award winner continues. “But to do a Saturday matinee, Saturday performance and Sunday matinee, I think is very hard on a family life. I hear that when [kids] become high schoolers they don’t want you around on the weekends so I figure by then I’ll be able to do that.”

Margulies, who during her show’s hiatus in April filmed “Stand Up Guys” with Al Pacino, Christopher Walken and Alan Arkin, says the experience was like “being in a master class” among acting greats.

Although she has “no director’s yearnings,” Margulies says she is very interested in producing, something that she has gotten to do on “The Good Wife.”

Her latest thoughts on the evolution of the show’s main characters?

“Honestly I think that Chris Noth’s character has actually taken the biggest turn of all,” she says. “It’s been really wonderful to watch his progression and it’s so interesting to see that he really does want to be good. He’s becoming the good husband.…I think he really wants her [Margulies’ Alicia Florrick] back.”

When asked if there is life after the hit series, the actress is buoyant.

“I always think there is a life as long as you are willing to work hard and find it,” she says. “I’ve promised my husband [Keith Lieberthal] and my son that if it belongs in television it will be cable and a half hour because they haven’t seen much of me in three years.”

Margulies, who also serves as the face of L’Oréal Paris’ RevitaLift skin care line, says she was drawn to the Women of Worth program after presenting an award to one of last year’s winners, Gretchen Holt Witt, who started Cookies for Kids’ Cancer to raise funding for pediatric cancer research after her late son Liam was diagnosed with the disease. Each year the program awards funding to 10 women across the country making a difference in their communities.

“These women were so extraordinary and exceptional and most of these women you’d hear their stories and think, that’s when you quit,” the actress says. “Instead they persevered and not only helped other women but changed their communities, changed medical research, helped other women get jobs.”

Karen Fondu, president of L’Oréal Paris, says the actress’ teaming with the cause makes for an “extremely special” combination. “She is a beautiful person inside and outside,” Fondu says of Margulies. To date, Women of Worth has honored 60 philanthropic women. Nominations for this year’s program will run through May 31 and can be made at womenofworth.com.

Women's Wear Daily
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Fri 08 Jun 2012, 13:00

Thanks!!! Very Happy

Yeah, today is her birthday!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO HER!! Drink 3 Cheerleader
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Fri 08 Jun 2012, 15:38

I have a question to pose for the COH'ers......what kind of "face" work do you think she's had? I remember seeing her at an awards show (maybe the one honoring George?), and seeing her "age" - I'm not being snarky here, we all age, and I hadn't really seen her since ER - but then right before The Good Wife started, she looked REALLY good......eyelift? browlift? botox? what do you think?

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Fri 08 Jun 2012, 15:52

On The Good Iwfe... make up!!! lol!

I think she doesn´t use botox or that things... she told that the actors and actresses have to age same as everybody!
Although I think if she used something, no botox,.... other things that disappear and don´t immobilize the muscles of the face. I'm just watching a video where she appears, minute: 0.53

Look at the forehead and eyes. I don´t think she has used Botox
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Fri 08 Jun 2012, 16:17

I've been encouraged on sets to start Restalyne, and avoid Botox. There are new products that even look more natural. While a good makeup artist does wonders, almost all actresses are pressured into using something to combat age and sun damage (in my case.) Julianna just doesn't overdo the injections IMHO.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Fri 08 Jun 2012, 19:41

Julianna Margulies’s Top 10 Beauty Tips

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Sat 09 Jun 2012, 16:43

Thanks for the vid, Hathaross! No, in that vid she has a freely moving forehead, but ironically, if you look at the pics from her "beauty tips" above, most of those pics looks as if she does.....

I just remember thinking how "refreshed" she looked before this series started.

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Sat 09 Jun 2012, 17:47

He does look happy there! That's what I want to see of George! For him to be truly happy. Is that so wrong?
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Sat 09 Jun 2012, 18:46

Cinderella,
I again 100% agree with you. G does have the capacity to look very, very happy with an intelligent, successful, talented woman.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Fri 10 Oct 2014, 01:02

Julianna Margulies father passed away Crying or Very sad Sad Sad

I´m so sooo sad for her and her family.

He was very special for Julianna.

George is on NY right now, hope he can go to see her.
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Fri 10 Oct 2014, 02:45

So sorry to hear about her Dad .  Love her show and she was great with George . Hope they work together again .

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 10 Oct 2014, 03:01

Julianna Margulies' Father Paul Margulies Passes Away At Age 79

Celebrity News Oct. 9, 2014 AT 7:26PM By Sierra Marquina

Julianna Margulies is mourning the death of her father, Paul Margulies. The Emmy winner's dad passed away at the age of 79 on Oct. 7. In his obituary, posted by The Berkshire Eagle, Paul is said to be "remembered for his never ending friendship, his spectacular sense of humor and joke telling, and his kindness to all who met him.

Noted as a "tremendous leader in the Anthroposophical community," Julianna's dad is also known for composing the famous jingle for Alka-Seltzer with the lyrics, "Plop, plop, fizz, fizz, oh what a relief it is."

In an interview with Huffington Post in 2013, Julianna said her dad would often offer his opinion on The Good Wife's story line. "My dad, who's such a fan of the show, he called me last week and said, 'I don't like where the show's going. It's too dark. There has to be a human element of sympathy for these characters and I'm not feeling it.' I was like, 'Dad, hang in there. It's coming,'" she then recalled.

Julianna was last spotted out with her husband Keith Lieberthal in New York City on Oct. 4

Paul is survived by his wife Victoria, his three daughters Alexandra, Rachel and Julianna, his brother Michael, his sister-in-law Judy Margulies, and his five grandchildren. 

So sorry to hear this. My condolences to Julianna and her family.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 10 Oct 2014, 09:17

sad news
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Sat 25 Apr 2015, 13:03

Oh and this new interview on Charlie Rose which she mentions to ER and George.

hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 25 Apr 2015, 13:17

Thanks hathaross. I was watching Charlie Rose this week and saw this interview. She always says the most wonderful things about George. All true of course! And she talked quite a bit about The Good Wife which is my fav show. Terrific interview.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 25 Apr 2015, 19:04

Hathaross I moved your post here

(Lizzy i will move you post in a sec too. You posted at the same time when I spilt the thread Very Happy )
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Wed 09 Sep 2015, 17:08

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This woman is breathtaking !!!
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down