George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
Warner Bros Moves ‘Gravity 3D’ To 2013 - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Warner Bros Moves ‘Gravity 3D’ To 2013 - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
Warner Bros Moves ‘Gravity 3D’ To 2013 - Page 4 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Warner Bros Moves ‘Gravity 3D’ To 2013 - Page 4 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Warner Bros Moves ‘Gravity 3D’ To 2013 - Page 4 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Warner Bros Moves ‘Gravity 3D’ To 2013 - Page 4 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Warner Bros Moves ‘Gravity 3D’ To 2013 - Page 4 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Warner Bros Moves ‘Gravity 3D’ To 2013 - Page 4 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Warner Bros Moves ‘Gravity 3D’ To 2013 - Page 4 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Warner Bros Moves ‘Gravity 3D’ To 2013

+28
Carla97
LornaDoone
Juliette Hardy
Nicky80
Mazy
Natascha
lelacorb
madsky
Atalante
Cynisca
msadrienne
fava
Best in Category
OofOof
very vera
party animal - not!
Maggy
Joanna
fluffy
silly girl
Way2Old4Dis
macs
Lighterside
caudata
it's me
Duffy
melbert
Katiedot
32 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Warner Bros Moves ‘Gravity 3D’ To 2013 - Page 4 Empty Re: Warner Bros Moves ‘Gravity 3D’ To 2013

Post by Missa Thu 25 Jul 2013, 00:50

New trailer, equally terrifying.

Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Warner Bros Moves ‘Gravity 3D’ To 2013 - Page 4 Empty Re: Warner Bros Moves ‘Gravity 3D’ To 2013

Post by it's me Thu 25 Jul 2013, 07:18

The 3D thing will made it million times more terrifying!!!
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Thu 25 Jul 2013, 07:37

Oooh I cannot wait but will have to....
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 25 Jul 2013, 19:33

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 25 Jul 2013, 19:34

For instance I dearly HATE roller coaster

WTFF!!!!!!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Hardy Thu 25 Jul 2013, 19:55

So far Gravity is scaring me. Tension... Suspense...

But experience to see like living through it...

Last edited by Juliette Hardy on Thu 25 Jul 2013, 20:39; edited 1 time in total
Juliette Hardy
Juliette Hardy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Hardy Thu 25 Jul 2013, 20:01

Looking at Earth below...
Shocked 

The infinity.
Juliette Hardy
Juliette Hardy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 25 Jul 2013, 20:55

Which idea below? Trying to scare the hell out of us
Or trying to use the gizmo at its best???
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Thu 25 Jul 2013, 21:01

Powerful stuff,

good to see true "suspense" back in fashion

Without man to man violence (I could be wrong there, maybe they haven't shown that..)
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Fri 26 Jul 2013, 02:57

70th Venice films take bleak view of world today
Originally published: July 25, 2013 8:02 AM
Updated: July 25, 2013 5:31 PM
By The Associated Press  COLLEEN BARRY (Associated Press), MICHELE BARBERO (Associated Press)

ROME - (AP) -- The Venice Film Festival marks its 70th edition with films starring George Clooney and Sandra Bullock as astronauts adrift in space, Scarlett Johansson as a seductive alien roaming the Scottish countryside and Judi Dench as a single Roman Catholic woman searching for a son she was forced to give up decades before.

Festival director Alberto Barbera concedes that many of the films in the lineup announced Thursday are bleak in their outlook.

"Perhaps one of the strongest themes that emerges from all the films is the lack of prospects. There's an acknowledgment of an extremely problematic situation, in some cases tragic," Barbera told a news conference.

"Cinema mirrors reality, so we can't complain if auteur films today gives us an image of our times that is not consoling."

Twenty films will vie for the coveted Golden Lion at the world's oldest film festival, which opens Aug. 28, with the jury headed by Oscar-winning director Bernardo Bertolucci.

Golden Lion contenders include Terry Gilliam's "The Zero Theorem," starring Christoph Waltz as a reclusive computer genius, and Peter Landesman's "Parkland," which examines the chaotic events at Dallas' Parkland hospital the day John F. Kennedy was assassinated. Indie director Kelly Reichardt returns to Venice with "Night Moves," starring Jesse Eisenberg, Dakota Fanning and Peter Sarsgaard as environmental activists plotting to blow up a dam.

Johansson appears in Jonathan Glazer's highly anticipated science fiction thriller "Under the Skin," while Dench stars in Stephen Frears' "Philomena."

Director Alfonso Cuaron's techno-thriller "Gravity," starring Clooney and Bullock, will open the festival and is among 17 films showing out of competition. Thierry Ragobert's documentary "Amazonia" closes the event on Sept. 7.

The lineup is strong on independent, auteur films and light on blockbusters, a delicate point for organizers competing with Cannes, which shows in the spring, and Toronto, which overlaps with Venice.

"Venice on paper takes more risks -- for example, taking two documentaries in competition, a first by any festival, and organizing an auteur cinema to support and promote these films," said Barbera.

Barbera, who is in the second year of a new mandate after directing the festival from 1998-2002, is intent on securing the festival's role as a launch pad for new films. Venice has premiered such films as the "The Hurt Locker," which went on to win an Academy Award for best film, and the highly acclaimed "Black Swan."

The festival will showcase 53 new feature films, all but two world premieres, with 33 countries represented in the overall selection, which also includes sections on new trends and short films. Of the 20 films competing for the Golden Lion, five are American, four British and three Italian.

The lineup includes films by three Oscar-winning directors: Hayao Miyazaki with an animated film about a Japanese fighter plane designer, Errol Morris with a documentary about former U.S. Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, and Poland's Andrzej Wajda with a movie depicting the life of Solidarity leader Lech Walesa. The first two are in competition.

The other documentary in competition is Gianfranco Rosi's "Sacro GRA," about life on the highway that rings Rome.

Three previous Golden Lion winners are returning to the Lido. They include Italy's Gianni Amelio with "L'intrepido," or "The Intrepid," and Taiwan-based director Tsai Ming-liang with "Stray Dogs," both in competition. Last year's winner, Kim Ki-duk, premieres "Moebius," his follow-up to "Pieta" that has generated controversy at home in South Korea for its graphic content.

Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Hardy Fri 26 Jul 2013, 06:21

it's me wrote:Which idea below? Trying to scare the hell out of us
Or trying to use the gizmo at its best???

Both.
Juliette Hardy
Juliette Hardy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 26 Jul 2013, 09:37

Thanks Julie Smile !
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sat 27 Jul 2013, 01:59

Warning - bigger screen on link above, trailer seems more frightening.

Now I occasionally get vertigo, so after I watched this my eyes were dancing and I went to get up and fell on the floor (all cool Im ok) but am going to now take my Stemitel tablets.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 27 Jul 2013, 02:34

oh oh, this doesn't bode well for me then. I easily get seasick and I get plane sick and I get bus sick and I get car sick if someone else is driving...

I suppose I could take some motion sickness medicine before I go see this!

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sat 27 Jul 2013, 03:38

Yep I will be taking a Stemitel before I see it - seriously Im still spinning
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 27 Jul 2013, 11:24

yeah me too. I take everything what can help against this spinning LOL or I wait for the DVD. There is too much spinning around in this movie. Rolling Eyes 
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Hardy Sat 27 Jul 2013, 11:47

Sci-Fi aficionados will love it.
Space travel thriller with wide appeal.
Might be a major success because it's unique.

3D & stars major box office draw-cards.

The director himself has diverse & successful films under his belt, with his own following:
Y Tu Mama Tambien, Great Expectations & Harry Potter.
Juliette Hardy
Juliette Hardy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Hardy Mon 29 Jul 2013, 00:19

I don't think has been posted.
It's an article about by an online trade magazine for stereoscopic 3D content creation, delivery & display.

The world premiere of Gravity will be screened in 3D on August 28th in the Sala Grande of the Palazzo del Cinema at the Lido, following the opening ceremony.

Gravity, from Warner Bros. Pictures, is a heart-pounding thriller that pulls you into the infinite and unforgiving realm of deep space. In the film, Sandra Bullock plays Dr. Ryan Stone, a brilliant medical engineer on her first shuttle mission, with veteran astronaut Matt Kowalsky (George Clooney). But on a seemingly routine spacewalk, disaster strikes. The shuttle is destroyed, leaving Stone and Kowalsky completely alone – tethered to nothing but each other and spiraling out into the blackness. The deafening silence tells them they have lost any link to Earth… and any chance for rescue. As fear turns to panic, every gulp of air eats away at what little oxygen is left. But the only way home may be to go further out into the terrifying expanse of space.

The last time Venice opened with a science fiction movie was in 2000 with Space Cowboys by Clint Eastwood, at the 57th Film Festival, directed by Alberto Barbera.

Gravity was written by Alfonso Cuarón & Jonás Cuarón. It was produced by Alfonso Cuarón and David Heyman (the Harry Potter series). Chris deFaria, Nikki Penny and Stephen Jones are the executive producers. The credits also include Emmanuel Lubezki (Children of Men, Y tu mamá también, The New World) as director of photography, production design by Andy Nicholson (Alice in Wonderland), and costume design by Jany Temime (the Harry Potter series). The visual effects supervisor is Tim Webber (The Dark Knight). Music is by Steven Price (Attack the Block). Gravity was filmed entirely at London’s Shepperton Studios. It will be distributed worldwide in 3D and 2D, and in IMAX®, by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros Entertainment Company.

Juliette Hardy
Juliette Hardy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Hardy Mon 29 Jul 2013, 12:49

'Gravity' Movie Clips Show Sandra Bullock Drifting in Space

Sandra Bullock is not ready yet to be an astronaut, at least not in real life.

And based on the clips that debuted this week of her as a spacewalker in "Gravity," Warner Brother's upcoming sci-fi movie directed by Alfonso Cuarón and co-starring George Clooney, it would be hard to fault her.

"My feet feel really good on the ground," Bullock told the entertainment news television program Extra. "Someone asked me [if I wanted to fly in space] and said 'If your son wanted you to go?' and I said, 'If he asked me to go, if he was already an adult, I would go if I knew he would be fine if I perished.'"

In "Gravity," Bullock's character, first-time astronaut Ryan Stone, faces the real possibility of perishing.

Russian satellite debris tears apart Stone's space shuttle as she and veteran commander Matt Kowalsky (Clooney) are outside servicing the Hubble Space Telescope. Stone is sent tumbling into space with Kowalsky, who is outfitted with a prototype jetpack, following after her.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

In a series of suspenseful clips that were first previewed for the audience at Comic-Con in San Diego last weekend and then released online, Stone's and Kowalsky's situation grows increasingly worse. The teasers, which are referred to as "events" on the movie's official website, are the first new look at the film since a trailer debuted in May.

The first clip, entitled "Detached," begins just as Mission Control radios the astronauts to abort their work due to the incoming debris. Moments later, the shuttle is destroyed, as is Hubble, and Stone is thrown "off structure," flailing off into outer space while still attached to the shuttle's now broken-off robotic arm.

In "Drifting," the second clip, Stone is separated from the arm but is still tumbling head over heels. The view is from inside Stone's helmet as she tries to assess her situation. Her attempts to make radio contact with her fellow shuttle crewmates and Houston Mission Control go unanswered.

Finally, in "I Got You," Stone and Kowalsky are reunited, tethered together, and have somehow made it over to the vicinity of the International Space Station (ISS). Using the last fuel in his jetpack, Kowalsky propels them toward the orbiting laboratory in the hopes that one or both of them can grab hold of the outpost. The stranded spacewalkers' tether snaps in the process, leading to Stone desperately grasping to reconnect with her commander.

Were it not for the well-known actors, the clips might pass for NASA footage. The shuttle "Explorer," Hubble Space Telescope and International Space Station, as well as the astronauts' spacesuits and the view of Earth from orbit are all realistically rendered.

But it's not just the sights that convey a sense of realism, it's the sounds — or lack thereof.

"In the trailer, they wanted to make it exciting so they put, for instance, explosions," Cuarón said during a Comic-Con panel discussion that also included Bullock. "As we know, there is no sound in space. [In] the film, we don't do that."

Initially, Cuarón wanted to film in actual weightlessness, using a plane flying parabolas much in the same way that NASA astronauts train for their missions and the 1995 film "Apollo 13" shot its zero-G scenes. Ultimately though, he opted for a custom-built rig, which suspended Bullock in a 9-by-9-foot (2.7-by-2.7-meter) cube while a large robot arm equipped with the camera pivoted and spun at high speed around her.

"Sandra was completely insulated in that cube," explained Cuarón. "It took a while for her to get in the rig, so Sandra chose that in between the takes she would stay there."

"They had me strung up from the 12 wires for eight to nine hours a day," Bullock said at the Comic-Con panel. "They would just leave me hanging up there."

Cuarón said the rig was just a means to an end.

"Our focus was not the technology," Cuarón said, "It was her performance, the emotional journey and how that was going to be translated [in the film]."

"Gravity" premieres at the Venice Film Festival in Italy on Aug. 28. The 3D movie's North American debut will follow in early September at the Toronto Film Festival before it opens wide in theaters on Oct. 4.

- See more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Juliette Hardy
Juliette Hardy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Tue 08 Oct 2013, 04:24

WARNING - SPOILER ALERT - DETAILS ENDING ETC

How George Clooney Wound Up Writing 'Gravity''s Most Controversial (and Brilliant) Scene

theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 08 Oct 2013, 06:58

really interesting
thanks

I'm still a bit upset at the idea to see that film
I still thing it will be scaring

guess too much heavy feelings to bear
to me

I need to prepare
so I wanted to read this sort of spoiler
and others too

G is great
we all already knew Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Tue 08 Oct 2013, 07:30

"This is a scene that changes the entire movie"
I agree. That's the point I lost intererest. Wink 
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 09 Oct 2013, 06:27

Thanks the minis. That was a very good scene. I really thought he would come back. I was like WOW how did he do that and then ..oh it was just a dream ......It was done very well. And funny. Everyone in the cinema was laughing when he said something like "it is along story" when asked "how did you got here" hehe
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 09 Oct 2013, 06:29

laughing????
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 09 Oct 2013, 06:31

Yes it's me there are some funny scenes in the movie. It is not all sad. Very Happy 
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 09 Oct 2013, 06:37

oh thank God!!!!!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4