George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George in Tuscany
Restaurant creates meal/cocktail for George's birthday  EmptyYesterday at 19:45 by benex

» The Good News
Restaurant creates meal/cocktail for George's birthday  EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
Restaurant creates meal/cocktail for George's birthday  EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Restaurant creates meal/cocktail for George's birthday  EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
Restaurant creates meal/cocktail for George's birthday  EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Restaurant creates meal/cocktail for George's birthday  EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Restaurant creates meal/cocktail for George's birthday  EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Restaurant creates meal/cocktail for George's birthday  EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Restaurant creates meal/cocktail for George's birthday  EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Restaurant creates meal/cocktail for George's birthday

+3
Katiedot
fluffy
watching
7 posters

Go down

Restaurant creates meal/cocktail for George's birthday  Empty Restaurant creates meal/cocktail for George's birthday

Post by watching Wed 02 May 2012, 13:49

George Clooney's Birthday Party at Locanda del Lago + Recipe for 'the Clooney' Cocktail
By Ali TrachtaTue., May 1 2012 at 1:04 PM

George Clooney is not just a piece of meat.

Still racking your brain over how to celebrate George Clooney's birthday this year? We know, we know, it's nearly as stressful as Christmas. Thankfully Locanda del Lago, the Italian restaurant that specializes in the cuisine of Clooney's favorite party spot, Lake Como, has you covered.

Today through May 7, (Clooney's birthday is actually May 6, but who couldn't use an extra day of Clooneymania?) the restaurant will be offering a special "Clooney Combination" at a price of $19.61, to honor the year he was born.

The restaurant, which treats Clooney a bit like preteen girls treat Justin Bieber (it boasts a painting of him on the wall), was careful to create a menu the eternal bachelor would approve of. His favorite meal is steak, therefore "Carpaccio di Clooney," or thinly sliced raw filet mignon with mustard aïoli, watercress salad and Meyer lemon confit, will be served.

Accompanying it is a cocktail dubbed "the Clooney," made with oro blanco grapefruit and blood orange from the Santa Monica farmers market, Aperol, No. 209 gin and St. Germain elderflower liqueur.

No signs point to Clooney showing up to this, though of course that's not the point. Any excuse to eat raw beef and toast a dashing gentleman is fine with us.

"The Clooney" via Locanda del Lago Does this scream George Clooney or what?

The Clooney
Makes: 1 drink.

1/2 blood orange, juiced
1/4 oro blanco grapefruit, juiced
1/2 oz Aperol
2 oz #209 gin (or organic equivalent)
Splash of St. Germain elderflower liqueur

1. Shake vigorously and serve in chilled martini glass with an orange slice to garnish.

Source
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Restaurant creates meal/cocktail for George's birthday  Empty Re: Restaurant creates meal/cocktail for George's birthday

Post by fluffy Wed 02 May 2012, 16:19

Thanks Watching, I think I could get drunk of the luuuuurvv that Mr C oooozes anyway!!! Not too fond of the raw steak yukkkk!!!! drunken
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Restaurant creates meal/cocktail for George's birthday  Empty Re: Restaurant creates meal/cocktail for George's birthday

Post by Katiedot Wed 02 May 2012, 17:50

"Carpaccio di Clooney" sounds to me like thin slices taken off George himself. Eeek!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 02 May 2012, 18:11

noooooooo

poor G butt! Drunk Errrr No
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by macs Wed 02 May 2012, 19:51

it's me wrote:noooooooo

poor G butt! Drunk Errrr No

well personnaly if i had to choose i'd go for the arm myself, they look yummy
but to each his own
macs
macs
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 02 May 2012, 22:32

bump
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 03 May 2012, 00:37

I won't say what I want a piece of...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 May 2012, 00:48

fluffy wrote:Thanks Watching, I think I could get drunk of the luuuuurvv that Mr C oooozes anyway!!! Not too fond of the raw steak yukkkk!!!! drunken

Hey Fluffy....I am a little surprised Surprised they chose a raw steak type recipe in honor of George's birthday? Because to me, in my humble opinion Oi, you! , the recipe should definitely involve Chicken.

Chicken affraid seems to be more fitting to be key meat protein
for Clooney.
asskiss1 10 out of 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle meyers Thu 03 May 2012, 00:51

A nice rump roast would be nice.... Wink

If he wore the jeans he wore when he did Ides Of march again. They fitted better

but then who needs jeans in a rump roast. too much fiber Laughing
Michelle meyers
Michelle meyers
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down