George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney as Messenger of Peace for the United Nations EmptyYesterday at 22:10 by benex

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney as Messenger of Peace for the United Nations EmptyYesterday at 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney as Messenger of Peace for the United Nations EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney as Messenger of Peace for the United Nations EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney as Messenger of Peace for the United Nations EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney as Messenger of Peace for the United Nations EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney as Messenger of Peace for the United Nations EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney as Messenger of Peace for the United Nations EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney as Messenger of Peace for the United Nations EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney as Messenger of Peace for the United Nations

5 posters

Go down

George Clooney as Messenger of Peace for the United Nations Empty George Clooney as Messenger of Peace for the United Nations

Post by Katiedot Tue 03 Apr 2012, 21:21

Catching up on old stuff:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

George Clooney

Clooney was named a Messenger of Peace by Secretary-General, Ban Ki-moon on 18 January 2008.

A committed human rights advocate, the United States actor George Clooney was designated as a United Nations Messenger of Peace in January 2008. Using his global appeal and wide ranging talents as an actor, producer, screen writer and director, Mr. Clooney has focused public attention on crucial international political and social issues while diligently working to mobilize political action against the violence in Darfur.

The actor’s efforts toward ending the Darfur crisis have included a private trip with his father in 2006 to the war-torn region, as well as trips to China and Egypt, and serving as executive producer and narrator of a 2007 documentary, “Sand and Sorrow”. This documentary follows human rights activists as they visit refugee camps along the Chad-Sudan border and includes interviews with experts from Khartoum to London to New York that chronicle the ongoing tragedy.

In September 2006, Mr. Clooney spoke to members of the Security Council at an “Arria formula” meeting along with Messenger of Peace Elie Wiesel, Nobel Laureate and Holocaust survivor. The “Arria formula” is a vehicle by which non-governmental actors can address the United Nations Security Council outside the official sessions.

In April 2007, Mr. Clooney and several other leaders in the United States film industry co-founded “Not On Our Watch,” a non-profit organization using influential people in the arts to capture global attention and resources as a way to combat mass atrocities around the world. Helping bring about a resolution to the Darfur crisis is the organization’s first official mission.

As a Messenger of Peace, he will help raise public awareness and support for United Nations peacekeeping efforts around the world.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney as Messenger of Peace for the United Nations Empty Re: George Clooney as Messenger of Peace for the United Nations

Post by Maggy Tue 03 Apr 2012, 21:37

Thank you, Katie.
I remember when that happened. I was very happy and proud for him.
Here is a very nice video of when it happened.

Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney as Messenger of Peace for the United Nations Empty Re: George Clooney as Messenger of Peace for the United Nations

Post by it's me Tue 03 Apr 2012, 21:43

ohhh
sweet memories Hug1 Give Flowers2 Love2 I love you
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 04 Apr 2012, 02:06

Thanks Katie! A very proud moment for all!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Thu 25 Apr 2013, 00:38

Has this been posted before?

theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 25 Apr 2013, 00:42

Yep :-)
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Thu 25 Apr 2013, 00:47

Ooops, sorry knew video was old but had trouble finding it here
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 25 Apr 2013, 08:36

No problem Smile
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down