George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George in Tuscany
Super Bowl Commercials and related stuff EmptyYesterday at 19:45 by benex

» The Good News
Super Bowl Commercials and related stuff EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
Super Bowl Commercials and related stuff EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Super Bowl Commercials and related stuff EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
Super Bowl Commercials and related stuff EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Super Bowl Commercials and related stuff EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Super Bowl Commercials and related stuff EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Super Bowl Commercials and related stuff EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Super Bowl Commercials and related stuff EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Super Bowl Commercials and related stuff

+6
Cinderella
lucy
pattygirl
m4rose
silly girl
LornaDoone
10 posters

Go down

Super Bowl Commercials and related stuff Empty Super Bowl Commercials and related stuff

Post by LornaDoone Sun 05 Feb 2012, 23:27

Ok anyone else watching today?

First - loved the God Bless America and really loved that Kelly Clarkson nailed the National Anthem with no screw ups and not much deviation from the basic song! Thank you!

Also, the commercials.

So far the one that made me laugh out loud was the trailer for the new Sasha Cohen movie about a dictator. I can't remember the name of the film I missed it I was laughing too much. From the "a ruby, what do you think I am, a Kardasian?" and he replies, "No, not as hairy." To the bit where he's running a track race, is the starter, has the gun, starts running BEFORE he fires the gun then starts shooting any runner that looks like he might pass him!

Looks like it's going to be another crazy Sasha Cohen film coming out.

And the Geico commercial where the guy hires the coolest middle school girls to help him stick to his diet so they follow him around and whenever he goes to eat something they say, "Ewwww!" "Seriously?" "That is so gross!" Or something like that!

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Super Bowl Commercials and related stuff Empty Re: Super Bowl Commercials and related stuff

Post by silly girl Sun 05 Feb 2012, 23:36

Missed the opening and the Anthem....did catch the car commercial with the Rocky theme.... Nervous for Giants....

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Super Bowl Commercials and related stuff Empty Re: Super Bowl Commercials and related stuff

Post by LornaDoone Sun 05 Feb 2012, 23:42

@sillygirl that Rocky Themed commercial must have taken a LOT of takes! HA!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 05 Feb 2012, 23:43

Elton John Pepsi commercial - funny. If I'm not mistaken the singer is the gal who just won X-Factor here in the US correct?
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 05 Feb 2012, 23:58

Gotta go! BBT
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Mon 06 Feb 2012, 00:16

Yes I think she did win....so many car commercials too....

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by m4rose Mon 06 Feb 2012, 00:29

The coke commercials have been cute and the Doritos dog burying the cat was funny.
m4rose
m4rose
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Mon 06 Feb 2012, 01:09

Ok half time is a bit much....even for Madonna....she does love herself... Laughing

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Mon 06 Feb 2012, 01:56

Sounds like fun. Don't watch SB. If I watched, the Giants would surely lose. Stopped watching games (all games) years ago, when I realized the Giants NEVER won if I was rooting for them. Same with any other team I was rooting for. Better if I didn't watch. Other teams I would root for - Colts, Vikings, Packers. Always did better when I didn't watch. I'd just curl up with a book or play a game on the computer. Got the gist listening to hubby vocalizing. Football season, I was a fb widow. He watched all day Saturday, all day Sunday, Monday night and any other time there was a game. Much better than gambling, or fooling around with other women. When the games were over, he was all mine.
Will hear about the game after it's over, first on the news, then I'll get a blow-by-blow description from my grandson on Tuesday when I get my bi-weekly visit. cheers
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Mon 06 Feb 2012, 02:02

Your better off...I don't usually watch either but nothing else is on...although I did just catch the end of Titanic... Wink

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Mon 06 Feb 2012, 02:59

Well it's over! So happy for the Giants! But it was way to nerve wracking...

Did anyone see the NFL commercial about the history of the sport...could have sworn they used Leatherheads footage....

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Mon 06 Feb 2012, 04:05

Didn't watch, but those who did how was half time show starring Madonna?
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Mon 06 Feb 2012, 12:41

What I liked about it was the winning touchdown. Keep in mind I wasn't rooting for either team, I said I was rooting for the offense. Smile Anyway, the winning touchdown was hilarious! I could not help but laugh even after I went to bed. That guy is going to be remembered for his butt! At least he got a ring out of the deal. I love the Super Bowl!
Cinderella
Cinderella
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Mon 06 Feb 2012, 12:58

Yes Madonna was there....it had it's moments but I am not a big Madonna fan....too much for me. Oh and I am a Giant's fan so I was happy they beat the "evil" Patriots.... that touchdown was funny...

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Mon 06 Feb 2012, 17:40

Here are videos of the 21 best rated Superbowl commercials. Just click on next arrow to see all of them.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/06/best-super-commercials-2012-vote-beckham-mms_n_1256541.html?ref=sports#s665733

Last edited by cindigirl on Mon 06 Feb 2012, 17:52; edited 1 time in total
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 06 Feb 2012, 17:46

doritos!
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Mon 06 Feb 2012, 17:57

Liked the Doritos dog burying the cat commercial and the naked M&M party commercial.

I'm a big fan of Madonna and can say that seeing her live is much better than on tv. You can take in the whole spectacle when live. At first she seemed overly stiff like she was being too cautious with dance steps npbut by the time she got to the 2nd song with LMFAO she had loosened up. All in all it was a good performance considering the circumstances but her true concerts are much better.
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Mon 06 Feb 2012, 18:01

Oh and I thought Kelly Clarkson did a great job. She kept it simple and didn't try to do any crazy vocal stunts.
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 06 Feb 2012, 19:16

Thanks for the commercial videos cindi.
No. One for me....Becks' Knickers !!

No. Two .....Clint
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down