George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney at the Oscars, 2012 - Page 11 EmptyToday at 20:30 by party animal - not!

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney at the Oscars, 2012 - Page 11 EmptyYesterday at 11:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney at the Oscars, 2012 - Page 11 EmptyWed Apr 17 2024, 13:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney at the Oscars, 2012 - Page 11 EmptyWed Apr 17 2024, 13:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney at the Oscars, 2012 - Page 11 EmptySat Apr 13 2024, 04:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney at the Oscars, 2012 - Page 11 EmptyFri Apr 05 2024, 11:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney at the Oscars, 2012 - Page 11 EmptyFri Mar 22 2024, 20:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney at the Oscars, 2012 - Page 11 EmptyTue Mar 12 2024, 03:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney at the Oscars, 2012 - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 11 2024, 08:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney at the Oscars, 2012

+44
Aruna
iamnoone
m4rose
LornaDoone
madsky
bamboochacha
Atalante
Dior
Astras
EEOsandy
annemarie
macs
Missa
sadDonkey
melbert
laetval
lelacorb
pattygirl
hathaross
dakota007
Pari
zizi
NotAvailable
lovelylois
Lighterside
ladydi
blubelle
lucy
Dexterdidit
silly girl
Michelle meyers
alriv
Katiedot
cindigirl
The next mrs clooney
Sabby
it's me
Joanna
bellybaby
watching
Vi
Maggy
Cinderella
sisieq
48 posters

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down

George Clooney at the Oscars, 2012 - Page 11 Empty Re: George Clooney at the Oscars, 2012

Post by Joanna Wed Feb 29 2012, 11:17

"That old man" is Stan.... So? confused
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney at the Oscars, 2012 - Page 11 Empty Re: George Clooney at the Oscars, 2012

Post by bamboochacha Wed Feb 29 2012, 11:22

Maybe he's the one with the 'lady' fetish. Wanna bet he's a wrestling fan? flower
bamboochacha
bamboochacha
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Wed Feb 29 2012, 11:41

I think the pics of him and Sandra are awesome. They really seem to like each other. I know they did a movie together that will be released some time soon. Just don't remember who was the flavor of the month during the filming.
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Wed Feb 29 2012, 12:13

Official timelines would have filming covering the end of Eli and the beginning of Stacy, but who knows for sure? Very Happy

Speaking of Gravity, The Atlantic is naming it one of their Oscar picks for 2013. Ready to start this all again?:

Gravity
Unless James Cameron is behind it, it's unusual that a sci-fi film breaks in with the Academy. But Gravity boasts that other Oscar secret weapon: George Clooney. The multi-hyphenate actor will star alongside Sandra Bullock in the film, in which Bullock is the lone survivor of a failed space mission and is on a desperate journey to return to Earth in order to reunite with her daughter. Alfonso Cuaron, who helmed the brilliant Children of Men, will direct, indicating that this will be less Star Trek space mythology and more riveting character-based drama.

Release date: Nov. 21, 2012

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

They also mention Argo, which George produced. Possible multiple nominee again next year! I don't think I can take it. Shocked
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Wed Feb 29 2012, 12:33

I'm with you Missa, i think if i have to go through this all again next year I will need medication and to start drinking heavily Drink 3
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Wed Feb 29 2012, 12:36

Is she bored or angry in pics 1 and 2 can't tell. Love George with Sandy, that's the kind of woman he should go for.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed Feb 29 2012, 14:50

Atalante wrote:Lysa Heslov was also tweeting, so ... euh ...
LOL! Half the people in the audience were tweeting or texting during the show. You could see it on the audience shots. There's absolutely nothing rude about it.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bamboochacha Wed Feb 29 2012, 15:00

I agree - clooney and bullock. Lovely couple. bounce
bamboochacha
bamboochacha

Back to top Go down

Post by madsky Wed Feb 29 2012, 15:12

Katiedot wrote:
LOL! Half the people in the audience were tweeting or texting during the show. You could see it on the audience shots. There's absolutely nothing rude about it.

I beg to differ, hope that is what you meant by the LOL, if half the audience was tweeting then they are all being rude. If you can't fake attention at an award show that comes once a year, don't show up like Woody Allen. Then maybe you will win. He did.

madsky
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed Feb 29 2012, 15:20

I think it's rude to tweet (or text) at a dinner table (unless you've asked permission first) or in a situation when you're one-on-one with someone. In other words when someone or several people are personally trying to get your attention and hold it, then it's rude. But otherwise not.

In a situation such as a theatre, then no problem. It's no ruder than anything else that takes your attention away from the proceedings, such as going to the loo, grabbing a drink, saying hello to others and so on.

Tweeting takes a few seconds, no longer than that.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madsky Wed Feb 29 2012, 16:10

Sorry didn't mean to offend anyone, but at all live performances and award shows I have worked on you are asked to turn off your cell phone. The light of the phone can be distracting to the performers and other audience members.

With the breaks in the Oscars they would have live performances during the commercial break to keep the audience awake, I mean entertained, and the others are potty breaks- you could tweet then, but really are they all that important they can't leave their seat and tweet in the lobby during the break.

Sorry, I just heard from a lot of performers and they would see people doing this, and it really did annoy them. I guess I have adopted this attitude, but just know the one you are watching may have the same idea.

madsky
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Wed Feb 29 2012, 16:27

It doesn't matter who did it, it is just rude. It shows you aren't watching the show and if someone is trying to perform that sort of thing would cheese anyone off. Go try and tweet at a comedy show and you will quickly find yourself the centre of attention. Stacy was right in the front row you can actually see her put her head down and her phone was in her hand, so it wasn't even subtle. I think people have lost a lot of manners these days especially where mobiles etc are concerned. People are told to turn off their mobiles in theatres so not to distract other audience members or the performers. I've sat next to people sending messages and it is annoying the clicking of the keys etc. So yes Madsky I agree with you. But then it took me years to get a mobile and I don't talk or text on it when I'm with people or at a show of any kind. Most of the younger generation can't go for five minutes without tweeting or updating their facebook. My niece can't imagine how I managed to grow up without knowing what everyone was doing every minute of the day....
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed Feb 29 2012, 17:18

I think you're right, Dex, it may be a generational thing.

Cell phones should be off (or on silent) because if they ring it annoys everyone, not just the performers but tweeting doesn't make a noise. I agree that it's annoying to sit next to someone who's texting if you're in a dark place.

Performers (and this wasn't a performance) on a stage can barely see the audience, let alone what the audience is doing because of the stage lights in their eyes.

I think maybe you're applying etiquette rules from another situation which don't really apply here? I don't know if the house lights were dimmed during speeches etc, but it looked pretty bright whenever the cameras panned across. People were moving around, talking to each other while seated etc so it wasn't a hushed theatre situation.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Wed Feb 29 2012, 17:27

I agree with everyone about not using a cell phone during a performance.....it is also amazing how many times a phone will go off in church.

In LH's defense she only tweeted once when she was at the Oscars....5 minutes before it started...her other tweets showing her dress (which was nice) were tweeted the next day...

lysa heslov
‏ @lheslov
Follow

At Oscars omg
8:25 PM - 26 Feb 12 via Twitter for Windows Phone ·

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Astras Wed Feb 29 2012, 18:23

Missa wrote:I didn't see this photo of George with Sandy posted yet, and I love it:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Why can't he date someone he's this cute with? Sigh.

I love this photo. Her gestures towards him are very intimate and loving. I met Sandra once and she's just as down to earth as you might imagine her to be. Those two as a couple would almost be too good to be true. Hollywood might explode. blowup For the life of me I could never understand what she saw in Jesse James. But then I guess there is no accounting for taste when it comes to love.

I'm new to the Clooney girlfriend rinse and repeat, but I'm starting to gather that very few of them have met with the stamp of fan approval? Razz

Astras
Astras
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazz After Dark Wed Feb 29 2012, 18:45

It would have been nice to see George win an Academy Award as Best Actor, but alas, the better man won! The brilliantly executed unique performance of a superb natural actor. Few have the gift of pure, genuine talent. Meryl Streep does too....

At least George tried. Perhaps too desperately.
Oh, well...
I'll toast that.

Drink
cokesniff
sadomach1
Jazz After Dark
Jazz After Dark
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Thu Mar 01 2012, 01:51

Astras wrote:
Missa wrote:I didn't see this photo of George with Sandy posted yet, and I love it:

Why can't he date someone he's this cute with? Sigh.

I love this photo. Her gestures towards him are very intimate and loving. I met Sandra once and she's just as down to earth as you might imagine her to be. Those two as a couple would almost be too good to be true. Hollywood might explode.

Am I the only cynic that thinks Sandra and George as a couple would be too cruel to Sandra? I've yet to see any evidence he would be a good boyfriend for someone with their own high-powered career and a young child. She could not follow him around to premieres, etc and I've yet to see him support a girlfriend at one of their events (although I'm sure there are valid reasons for that). Plus neither of them want to ratchet up the press coverage of their personal lives even more than it is. Can you say Bullooney? The last thing she needs is another potential player.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Thu Mar 01 2012, 03:43

Have to agree with Dex, cell phone use is rude and totally out of hand, mostly with the younger generation. Watching people can't even cross a street while walking without looking down at phone in hand and fingers moving, always fear I'm gonna see someone get hit by a car.
fava, SB deserves someone who can be loyal and loving. Seems that it doesn't work all that often with two stars in a relationship.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Thu Mar 01 2012, 03:47

@fava....."Bullooney" lmfao...... 10 out of 10

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Thu Mar 01 2012, 04:30

That is funny! Bullooney... I love Sandra and think she's great but because of that nic I definitely do not want them together. That's funny, Fava! 10 out of 10
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu Mar 01 2012, 04:57

How about Cloonzbull ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by macs Thu Mar 01 2012, 05:32

Was this posted already ?
somebody else was tweeting... the descendants' author, Kaui Hart Hemmings.I didn't know she was there, didn't even know what she looked like before (she looks pretty great from a red carpet picture

So sorry for that anti-‘Artist’ tweet!
Who said the Oscars were boring? Kaui Hart Hemmings — author of the novel on which the George Clooney movie “The Descendants” is based — sparked some red-carpet controversy when she tweeted before the ceremony began, “ ‘The Artist’ people were in line in front of me and now I smell like cigarettes and entitlement.” How do you say, “Was that a joke, or a straight- up diss” in French? Was the tweet a reference to the film’s French cast, its front-runner status, or a combo of both? David Glasser, COO of the Weinstein Co., which distributed “The Artist,” told us in response, “We all hope that Kaui’s comment was a joke. If not, everybody is sorry that she feels that way. We loved her movie.” And a rep for the company then added, “Harvey [Weinstein] read [‘The Descendants’] after seeing the movie and thought it was an amazing book. [He] also thought [Clooney’s] performance was brilliant.” After feisty Hemmings returned home to Hawaii, she tweeted yesterday, “Taking my daughter to ‘The Artist’ today to make up for spontaneous, one-liner tweet!”

macs
macs
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu Mar 01 2012, 07:06

Thanks for that macs.
Did you all spot her "one line scene" in the film ?
She was Matt King's secretary and was thrilled to play
opposite him in that small scene.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by macs Thu Mar 01 2012, 07:14

Joanna wrote:Thanks for that macs.
Did you all spot her "one line scene" in the film ?
She was Matt King's secretary and was thrilled to play
opposite him in that small scene.

damn, so I did see her before ! just didn't know it was her.
well now I'm busted, I didn't do my George homework and missed some bit of movie trivia... I'm such a bad fan !
macs
macs
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Thu Mar 01 2012, 07:16

]quote="lucy"]SB deserves someone who can be loyal and loving. Seems that it doesn't work all that often with two stars in a relationship.
[/quote]

Yes, Sandra has such as big, golden, caring heart, she deserves a man who does really appreciate her. She is one wonderful lady.
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu Mar 01 2012, 07:20

she was also in another one

into a group of people (at work, I guess)
listening to him
who was telling them about his wife
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu Mar 01 2012, 07:24

Oh yes I M.... and her own mother was a lady who was crying, thanks for the reminder.
Can't wait for the DVD !!!!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu Mar 01 2012, 08:00

her mother too!

Very Happy two really happy women I guess
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle meyers Thu Mar 01 2012, 10:07

macs wrote:Was this posted already ?
somebody else was tweeting... the descendants' author, Kaui Hart Hemmings.I didn't know she was there, didn't even know what she looked like before (she looks pretty great from a red carpet picture

So sorry for that anti-‘Artist’ tweet!
Who said the Oscars were boring? Kaui Hart Hemmings — author of the novel on which the George Clooney movie “The Descendants” is based — sparked some red-carpet controversy when she tweeted before the ceremony began, “ ‘The Artist’ people were in line in front of me and now I smell like cigarettes and entitlement.” How do you say, “Was that a joke, or a straight- up diss” in French? Was the tweet a reference to the film’s French cast, its front-runner status, or a combo of both? David Glasser, COO of the Weinstein Co., which distributed “The Artist,” told us in response, “We all hope that Kaui’s comment was a joke. If not, everybody is sorry that she feels that way. We loved her movie.” And a rep for the company then added, “Harvey [Weinstein] read [‘The Descendants’] after seeing the movie and thought it was an amazing book. [He] also thought [Clooney’s] performance was brilliant.” After feisty Hemmings returned home to Hawaii, she tweeted yesterday, “Taking my daughter to ‘The Artist’ today to make up for spontaneous, one-liner tweet!”

She's cute. sorry I have only been observing for a day i wanted to keep it at 219 ( for personal reasons) another lucky number
Michelle meyers
Michelle meyers
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Fri Mar 02 2012, 07:02

madsky wrote:
Katiedot wrote:

I beg to differ, hope that is what you meant by the LOL, if half the audience was tweeting then they are all being rude. If you can't fake attention at an award show that comes once a year, don't show up like Woody Allen. Then maybe you will win. He did.
Thumbs up! Great post, madsky!!!

sisieq
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sat Mar 03 2012, 05:49

Video - watch Billy Crystal's Oscar monolog and medley. George part is at 4:26. Very funny when Billy said "Oscar will be laying George tonight".

cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Sat Mar 03 2012, 07:11

laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by zizi Sat Mar 03 2012, 07:25

Thanks again Leatval. G's sense of humor is incredible. lol!

zizi

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat Mar 03 2012, 07:28

Thank you laetval for those videos.
Loved the first one where George showed his priority
in greeting the French group, over carrying on the interview.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Sat Mar 03 2012, 14:22

Alexandra Clarke‏@alexcafc

Joan Rivers on George Clooney's girlfriend: "Stacey Keibler's Oscar dress is gold and shiny, just like the wedding ring she'll never get!"
10:30 AM - 3 Mar 12via UberSocial for BlackBerry · Details
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by zizi Sat Mar 03 2012, 14:35

In the way it is sad, more and more people are making fun of their relationship. But like the saying goes "if you don't like the heat , stay out of the kitchen".

zizi

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Sat Mar 03 2012, 16:05

I heard Joan say that she spent most of her time dissing the relationship! The countdown to the end is pretty much on. It is surprising how much attention Stacy got for that outfit she was afterall just arm candy. It's amazing how people are sucking up she better enjoy while she can. Cause once it's over it tends to go the other way.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat Mar 03 2012, 18:11

You know Dex, she's got a name for herself, and I do understand that it's become more famous WITH George. However, I think she'll do just fine AG (after George). I think she's going to get major sympathy votes from her fans especially, as there wasn't a huge amount of sympathy for Sarah or Elisabetta, or any previous.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Thu Mar 08 2012, 17:11

melbert wrote:You know Dex, she's got a name for herself, and I do understand that it's become more famous WITH George. However, I think she'll do just fine AG (after George). I think she's going to get major sympathy votes from her fans especially, as there wasn't a huge amount of sympathy for Sarah or Elisabetta, or any previous.

All of my 3 Girls had a "name" for themselves... before and after our George... for sure it got "highlighted" WITH him... although, I often feel immensely sorry and sad for Sarah and Elisabetta... I am not so sure I feel the same about Stacy though... I don't know why...

I did post an apology on IMDb for the things I "thought" / "perceived" about Elisabetta... when in real, Stacy was already on... In that sense, I do appreciate Elisabetta, for having cruised through the pain and torment in silence... so also Sarah...

Stacy, yes, my daughter too, might most probably "hurt" our George the most in the long run, sympathy votes or not, greed wins here hands-down with a smile... Anyways... our George has to literally pull himself out of that pit, in truth... Now I really don't know about other "hidden daughters" yet Very Happy OUCH!!! cyclops

Overall, George THE MAN + George Clooney THE BRAND surely are, and have been, very foolishly, THE BIGGEST victim of all!!!

Anyways... all of this has been an "education" for me personally... And just as there is always a resolution for anything / anyone, there must be one here as well, through the Heavens ofcourse... to change what ought to be changed for THE BEST... I love you
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Sun Jun 17 2012, 06:08

Link

Brazilian blogger and freelance illustrator Camilla Gray combined her love for fashion and her illustration skills to create an inspiring six-piece collection of watercolors inspired by this year's best Oscar dresses. The collection features both singles and couples, from Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt to Emma Stone or Gwyneth Paltrow. Which one is going to be your favorite?
laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun Jun 17 2012, 06:19

Thanks laetval, those are all amazing pictures.

My favourite ? Cloons & Keibler of course.... Thumbs up!
and the funniest to me is Pitt & Jolie
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11