George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Good News
George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive) - Page 5 EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive) - Page 5 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive) - Page 5 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive) - Page 5 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive) - Page 5 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive) - Page 5 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive) - Page 5 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive) - Page 5 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive) - Page 5 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive)

+69
chiki
mosaic
francis100
What Would He Say
Juliette Hardy
Carla97
Nicky80
minette
Mary-Lou
very vera
Dior
Picachu
pizza
ktsue2002
TURIGOL
aflower1325
LieutenantGEORGE.STOUT
Lt Cdr Georgie Stout
Barbara Garabedian
fava
theminis
cupcake
NotAvailable
Mazy
pattygirl
laetval
Pink Ice 1990
Cyteen
playfuldeb
flyingsolo
A(CUTE)-CASE-CLOONEYITIS
OofOof
amaretti
tzizz
Best in Category
Vi
cindigirl
Way2Old4Dis
party animal - not!
Lighterside
Lakin460
Ello
davidarochelle
bamboochacha
adgran
LornaDoone
lelacorb
Sirius12
watching
fluffy
Michelle meyers
macs
Cinderella
Natascha
alriv
zizi
lucy
silly girl
Maggy
Missa
Atalante
Duffy
melbert
it's me
Katiedot
Joanna
dakota007
73 posters

Page 5 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive) - Page 5 Empty Re: George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive)

Post by laetval Sat 26 Jan 2013, 14:03

laetval
laetval
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive) - Page 5 Empty Re: George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive)

Post by melbert Sat 26 Jan 2013, 17:38

Why are they showing a Brad Pitt poster? Too funny!
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sat 26 Jan 2013, 17:41

I think they made that movie there too. Did you notice the identification card said it is valid until 07/13? This is a long movie shoot.

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 26 Jan 2013, 18:03

I know they did Silly Girl. I figured George put it up as a joke - like "Brad Pitt was here - you can be too"!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sat 26 Jan 2013, 18:16

See I took your seriously. Wink

I think once Monuments is made they will replace with his poster. Unless like Brad Pitt better. Very Happy

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 26 Jan 2013, 18:22

melbert wrote:Why are they showing a Brad Pitt poster? Too funny!

Inglorious Basterds......an amazing film......extremely tense in the first 20 minutes or so
and one needs a strong stomach for some scenes !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 26 Jan 2013, 22:55

Still haven't seen it, but maybe it's worth seeing?
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Tue 29 Jan 2013, 08:55

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Clooney wants to Rüdersdorf
Rüdersdorf (MOZ) scenes of the latest film project from Oscar-winner George Clooney will be filmed in the ruins of the old chemical plant in Rüdersdorf (Märkisch Oderland). A report lists until mid-February to the security risks in the industrial wasteland.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
  Popular backdrop: The Rüdersdorfer chemical plant is repeatedly used for film and photo shoots - here for a ZDF crime. The industrial ruin heard a Cologne earthworks and transport company © GMD / GERD MARKERT

If everything goes according Andreas Kirscht from Rüdersdorfer clerk's office, no one comes to the extensive grounds of the former branch of the state-owned enterprise Coswig chemical plant. Although he wears a prominent names such as Hollywood star George Clooney, in his view some women is weak. Andreas Kirscht is no exception. "The property is in danger of collapse, which is highly dangerous," he warns.

On behalf of the Babelsberg Film Studios Helmut Seiffarth currently investigating the stability of the ruins, which was produced until 1989, feed phosphate and is popular location for film and photo shoots since. Twelve years ago, originated here scenes of war film "Duell - Enemy at the Gates". Now George Clooney wants to implement the same place part of his World War II drama "The Monuments Men". At the Babelsberg Film Studios confirmed that no one. "For potential locations, we do not comment whether it is a small student film or a famous director," incited spokesman Eike Wolf from specific inquiries and refers to producer Clooney, weekend times here and there with his camera to scouting has been sighted. Of course, such a film would come several places in question - "but that does not mean that we accept that in the end, really."

At least evaluators Seiffarth is pretty convinced that is rotated in the Rüdersdorfer industrial wasteland anyway. "My first impression: it works," says Berlin, who are not working together for the first time with the filmmakers from Babelsberg. And if his investigations come to a different conclusion? "Then we have to see what security requirements are necessary," he says. The stark warning of Rüdersdorfer regulatory agency he can understand. He would probably do the same if he were sitting in the office. Regardless of whether gathered with Cate Blanchett, Matt Damon and Bill Murray, and of course the great George just the creme de la creme of the international film industry under the rickety ruin. And from March to May Clooney's biggest film with a budget of up to $ 80 million turns.

Act is "The Monuments Men" by a British-American special unit that will bring art treasures from Europe, from the grasp of Nazi security. Filming will reportedly not only in Studio Babelsberg, but also on location as the Berlin Cathedral. And probably also in Rüdersdorf been where revealed at the millennium on the former site of feed phosphate plant one of the biggest environmental scandals Brandenburg was: From about 80 leaking barrels, which were stored on the site next to the Museum Park, oil seeped into the ground and into storm drains. In addition, investigators came across a fully equipped chemistry laboratory with highly toxic substances. "Much has been blown up, but in the soil are also a lot of holes," says Andreas Kirscht from Rüdersdorfer Hall imposed the restraining order from him.

The administrator of the enclosed object speaks against disreputable of horror stories that would spread across the former work and agree not. And he reveals that in addition to the static reports meanwhile soil samples were taken and also a security expert from Sony has already looked at the site. "We are in the preparatory phase," he says.
The shooting itself, should take place in silence. "We quickly and quietly, and rotate are gone again," is how Babelsberg spokesman Wolf common practice. Spectators are welcome only in the movies.
laetval
laetval
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 29 Jan 2013, 10:38

At the Babelsberg Film Studios confirmed that no one. "For potential locations, we do not comment whether it is a small student film or a famous director," incited spokesman Eike Wolf
Anyone else getting the impression that the Babelsberg Film Studio people are getting tired of being asked about George all the time?!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 29 Jan 2013, 11:55

Possibly, but they need to let everyone know too that they're open to business for any clients, small or large, while keeping confidentiality with them.

Must find out more about Berlin Cathedral. I don't think it features in the book, but many others do. And the chemical plant could be used for all sorts of things, (including entrances to mines I guess) but it seems it's in a fragile state, so safety and insurance are paramount.

Fascinating stuff. And such a huge project! Many locations to come, I think, including the UK, France and Austria

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 29 Jan 2013, 18:35

UK, France and Austria?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 29 Jan 2013, 19:11

Believe so. Even His Nibs mentioned it.

From the book, I know Shrivenham, Wilts has to be recreated - it's still a military town, so it couldn't be used. Large parts of Northern France feature, including Saint-Lo and Paris. Belgium, Luxembourg, and parts of Italy. And of course the Salt mines of the Alps, and the castles and Bertschesgarten so southern German/Austrian borders.

It's huge! In every possible way

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Tue 29 Jan 2013, 20:01

tongue Belgium, ... pointing
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 29 Jan 2013, 21:37

so many!!! Shocked

Italy too?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 29 Jan 2013, 22:55

Well, the Monte Cassino cathedral is alluded to when the Allies went in there, but it's hard to know what will be highlighted and what won't because there is so much. In essence this is about a group ofAllied soldiers who were seconded because of their expert knowledge to rescue all the magnificent artwork that the Nazis basically hijacked from museums, cathedrals, even homes as they advanced across Europe.

I will be really really interested to see how they manage to replicate the works of art

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 29 Jan 2013, 23:37

holograms? (sp?)

mere (even if really specific and refined one) post production
I think
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 05 Feb 2013, 16:36

Possibly a few more filming locations. Thanks Henway for the find:

Bad Grund waiting for George Clooney

Peter Jagla, NDR.de

This rumor makes the inhabitants of Bad listen attentively Grund: Hollywood star George Clooney is to turn resin into the neighborhoods of his new film. That this is not just a rumor, the mayor of the municipality, Harald Dietzmann (Independent), NDR.de has confirmed. The production company Babelsberg Film Studios was already in October approached the municipality to search for suitable locations for the film "The Monuments Men". Found was the former mine "God's help" to let the director and actor Clooney probably play a small part of his film history.

"Super, Super, Super Bad Grund"

Author /: Peter Jagla

With excitement we follow in Bad Grund rumors about new filming George Clooney. Although no agreements exist, the location is virtually certain.

Hollywood is very demanding

The land on which the mine is, is privately owned. The owner said that there was great interest in Hollywood and at the Potsdam Babelsberg Film Studios. For months he was in negotiations that were partially complicated than with authorities in Germany. The claims, which put Hollywood, the owner, were disproportionately high. Nevertheless, he was very happy when the contract is concluded soon.

Bad Grund wartet auf George Clooney

von Peter Jagla, NDR.de

Dieses Gerücht lässt die Bewohner von Bad Grund aufhorchen: Hollywood-Star George Clooney soll in der Harzstadt Teile seines neuen Filmes drehen. Dass es sich hierbei doch nicht nur um ein Gerücht handelt, hat der Bürgermeister der Samtgemeinde, Harald Dietzmann (parteilos), NDR.de bestätigt. Die Produktionsfirma Filmstudios Babelsberg sei schon im Oktober auf die Samtgemeinde zugekommen, um nach geeigneten Standorten für den Film "The Monuments Men" zu suchen. Gefunden wurde das ehemalige Bergwerk "Hilfe Gottes", in dem Regisseur und Schauspieler Clooney wohl einen kleinen Teil seiner Film-Geschichte spielen lassen wird.

"Super, super, super für Bad Grund"

Autor/in: Peter Jagla

Mit Spannung verfolgt man in Bad Grund Gerüchte über neue Dreharbeiten George Clooneys. Auch wenn noch keine Verträge vorliegen, gilt der Drehort im Harz als nahezu sicher.

Hollywood stellt hohe Ansprüche

Das Gelände, auf dem das Bergwerk steht, ist in Privatbesitz. Der Eigentümer sagte, dass es großes Interesse in Hollywood und Potsdam bei den Filmstudios Babelsberg gebe. Seit Monaten sei er in Verhandlungen, die teilweise komplizierter seien als mit Behörden in Deutschland. Die Ansprüche, die Hollywood stelle, so der Besitzer, seien unverhältnismäßig hoch. Trotzdem freue er sich sehr, wenn der Vertrag bald zustande kommt.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Tue 05 Feb 2013, 16:41

I hope you don't mind that I translated this into English. I thought some English speaking people here might want to read.

Bad Grund is waiting for George Clooneyby Peter Jagla, NDR.deThis rumor is the residents of bad Grund listen up: Hollywood star George Clooney is to turn parts of his new film in the town of resin. That is however not only a rumor, the Mayor of the Samtgemeinde, Harald Dietzmann has confirmed (no party affiliation), NDR.de. The production company Babelsberg in October on the Samtgemeinde came to around for suitable locations for the film "the monuments men" to search. The former mine "Help of God", in which Director and actor Clooney probably play a small part of its film history will let was found."Super, super, super for bad Grund"Author: Peter JaglaWith tension following rumors about new shooting of George Clooney's in bad Grund. Even if there are still no contracts, the location in the Harz mountains is considered almost certain.Hollywood makes high demandsThe terrain on which stands the mine, is privately owned. The owner said that there is great interest in Hollywood and Potsdam Babelsberg film studios. For months, he's in negotiations, which are sometimes more complicated than with authorities in Germany. The claims that Hollywood, so the owners were disproportionately high. But he is very happy,
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Wed 06 Feb 2013, 06:38

Ah. Prolly a large stash of art was hidden in a mine in the area and perhaps it isn't certain exactly where... Smart, to cover the bases. Maybe later, real mine will turn up, or this one turns out to actually be the one.

Like Hitler to hide stuff unsafely in damp mines and crap as he prolly didn't have a real idea of how precious the materials of some of it was.
NotAvailable
NotAvailable
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 10 Feb 2013, 10:58

I think this belongs here. Thanks to Henway:

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 12 Feb 2013, 00:13

look

Hitler's Wristwatch: A Nazi Legacy Hidden in German Museums

Adolf Hitler and his Nazi henchmen amassed huge amounts of valuable art, jewelry and other collectibles prior to and during World War II. It is a poisonous legacy which German museums and governments have failed to properly address. The moral disaster continues to the present day.

the issue is getting ...hot
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 12 Feb 2013, 00:19

pics, more at the link

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 12 Feb 2013, 01:06

Thanks, I M. If you google any one of the Monuments Men, e g James Rorimer or George Stout, it's unbelievable how much information there is too.

And The Rape of Europa on DVD is a documentary of everything that happened as well. Loads of priceless art was hidden in mines so it's no wonder His Nibs is looking in the Harz for a disused site which is relatively safe...........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 12 Feb 2013, 09:05

relatively????
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Tue 12 Feb 2013, 13:58

George wrote that script, ..., it better be good ! Top or flop ? I'm curious ! geek
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 12 Feb 2013, 20:36

TOP!!! Hoorah!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by cupcake Tue 12 Feb 2013, 20:49

l hope this movie can get George the oscar , he deserve's after all these effort 10 out of 10
cupcake
cupcake
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 12 Feb 2013, 21:19

Wink
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Tue 12 Feb 2013, 22:51

Monuments Men have their our twitter account but as yet have not tweeted.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Fri 15 Feb 2013, 23:24

Here's more info about MM and a prospective release date. Apologies if this has been posted.

A Christmas-time release date usually signifies Oscar dreams for an announced movie project. Just look at the 2012 slate, which crams everything from The Hobbit and Zero Dark Thirty to Django Unchained and Les Miserables into the Christmas frame. Add a prestige director like George Clooney to the mix – directing an ensemble of all-stars – and you can bet that Sony has awards hopes for Monuments Men, which just put its chips down on a valuable piece of 2013 real estate.

BoxOfficeMojo claims that Sony will release Clooney’s next directorial effort on Dec. 20, 2013. At the moment, that’s a crowded weekend. Monuments, providing everything holds, will open opposite Tom Hanks’ Mary Poppins drama Saving Mr. Banks, Fox’s Walking With Dinosaurs, and the senior-circuit comedy Last Vegas. Of course, Peter Jackson’s second Hobbit will still be cleaning up in theaters (having opened on Dec. 13). And Paramount’s Jack Ryan reboot has circled Christmas Day as its intended launch.

Clooney’s movie, from what we know, is a World War II-era thriller about art historians called into Germany near the end of the war to retrieve valuable works that were pilfered by the Nazis. Matt Damon was the latest name floated as part of Clooney’s ensemble, which already includes Daniel Craig, Bill Murray, Cate Blanchett, John Goodman and Jean Dujardin.

Clooney’s last directorial effort, The Ides of March, also flirted with Oscar dreams before falling short, though the actor competed for someone else’s film, The Descendants, when it came time for the awards campaigns. Given the fact that Clooney also will be in Alfonso Cuaron’s Gravity at some point next year, we have to wonder if a similar situation is starting to brew. Either way, now we know Monuments Men is coming, and we know when. Time to get excited.
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 15 Feb 2013, 23:37

Just looking at all the potential releases at the same time, the thing that I notice is that they all seem to be different genres, in which case, there probably couldn't be a better date.

Thought that Gravity's release date was end of October - but it's been a moveable feast for so long, who knows?

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 16 Feb 2013, 01:16

I thought they moved Gravity to 2014?
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Sat 16 Feb 2013, 01:18

Wow-- sounds like an ambitious schedule for MM. Guess not much playtime for George this summer.

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 16 Feb 2013, 01:44

But at least he's got an editing studio in Como........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Sat 16 Feb 2013, 01:56

Last I hear, Gravity was at the end of 2013 around October. If anyone has different info, please post it, link to article. But all I have seen, is 2013 at this point.
NotAvailable
NotAvailable

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 16 Feb 2013, 04:02

Yeah, he's going to be a busy bee this summer getting the film ready in time.

Still, I'm happy to see him on the big screen sooner rather than later. It's been too long!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 16 Feb 2013, 12:01

Love the fact that the Monuments Men twitter account features one of the original b/w photos taken at the time. It's the same as the book cover, and James Rorimer is the MM at the top of the stairs...........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sat 16 Feb 2013, 14:35

I don't think this has anything to do with the movie. This website MonumentsMen.com is a place that has a lot of the resources from that time. The I guess kind of a museum. When I first heard about the movie I searched & found this place to acquire background information.
Anyway, try to check it out further.
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbara Garabedian Sun 17 Feb 2013, 03:07

I would love to be in this movie. It looks like this one will be a hit. All done in Berlin with a great cast. Very cold out there, but I am sure they have the best hotels to stay in and lots of heaters. I will look forward to seeing this film when it is complete. Love ya george, bg

Barbara Garabedian
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by Lt Cdr Georgie Stout Wed 20 Feb 2013, 16:42

Superb cast! I hope this will be a major success, like The Great Escape, 1963. One of my favorite films which had a great cast of accomplished actors. That formula works most of the time.
Lt Cdr Georgie Stout
Lt Cdr Georgie Stout
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Wed 20 Feb 2013, 20:02

I hope it is the film that gives George the recognition he deserves as a director, the film that gives him the opportunity to escape from the usual patterns and that highlights his genius, the only way to become a great director
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi Wed 20 Feb 2013, 20:07

I hope so
Vi
Vi
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 20 Feb 2013, 21:54

GLGN #2 Yahooooo
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by LieutenantGEORGE.STOUT Sat 23 Feb 2013, 06:42

o/t -In The Great Escape, 1963, technically speaking the Germans win.
But it's spirit triumph that's the real victor.
LieutenantGEORGE.STOUT
LieutenantGEORGE.STOUT
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by LieutenantGEORGE.STOUT Sat 23 Feb 2013, 06:47

One wonders how much of the loot the Monuments Men sought was never really retrieved.
Stashed away in Argentina or Brazil? Perhaps sold on the black market?
LieutenantGEORGE.STOUT
LieutenantGEORGE.STOUT
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Sat 23 Feb 2013, 06:51

Am completely amazed!

You are the bunny that never stops.

No amount of licking can stop you from ticking, lol!

Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LieutenantGEORGE.STOUT Sat 23 Feb 2013, 07:01

Laughing

Only strengthens me! War of attrition!
Their maneuvers reveal more every time. FUELS MY COUNTER ATTACK...
And gives me ammunition. Gunslinger
And anyone reading believes the antagonists...

The PR gnomes are vacuous. Real cannon- fodder brains. That's why they work for gossip magazines. What KatieDot promotes:
"DAILY GOSSIP SITE ABOUT GEORGE CLOONEY."

How embarrassing for GC to stoop so low.
LieutenantGEORGE.STOUT
LieutenantGEORGE.STOUT
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 23 Feb 2013, 13:57

you who??
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by aflower1325 Mon 25 Feb 2013, 23:13

Monuments Men got a nudge for 2014 Oscars!

Yahooooo

aflower1325
aflower1325
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 25 Feb 2013, 23:22

"August: Osage County " too
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next