George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Good News
George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive) - Page 3 EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive) - Page 3 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive) - Page 3 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive) - Page 3 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive) - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive) - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive) - Page 3 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive) - Page 3 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive) - Page 3 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive)

+69
chiki
mosaic
francis100
What Would He Say
Juliette Hardy
Carla97
Nicky80
minette
Mary-Lou
very vera
Dior
Picachu
pizza
ktsue2002
TURIGOL
aflower1325
LieutenantGEORGE.STOUT
Lt Cdr Georgie Stout
Barbara Garabedian
fava
theminis
cupcake
NotAvailable
Mazy
pattygirl
laetval
Pink Ice 1990
Cyteen
playfuldeb
flyingsolo
A(CUTE)-CASE-CLOONEYITIS
OofOof
amaretti
tzizz
Best in Category
Vi
cindigirl
Way2Old4Dis
party animal - not!
Lighterside
Lakin460
Ello
davidarochelle
bamboochacha
adgran
LornaDoone
lelacorb
Sirius12
watching
fluffy
Michelle meyers
macs
Cinderella
Natascha
alriv
zizi
lucy
silly girl
Maggy
Missa
Atalante
Duffy
melbert
it's me
Katiedot
Joanna
dakota007
73 posters

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down

George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive) - Page 3 Empty Re: George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive)

Post by party animal - not! Tue 02 Oct 2012, 22:10

Great! Can really imagine this casting having read the book....so many characters, the celebrity cast could be endless

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive) - Page 3 Empty Re: George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive)

Post by Joanna Tue 02 Oct 2012, 22:41

I hope there's a part for Uggie too ! Lol

Is there a doggie in the book party ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 02 Oct 2012, 23:10

No, Jo. Not one in the book. War zone areas of World War 11.

Possibly not a good idea to write one in either - might cause a Clooney/Dujardin squabble!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 03 Oct 2012, 10:39

LOL....could belong to a girl....there's got to be a girl ???? LOL
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 03 Oct 2012, 16:08

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Jean Dujardin, Cate Blanchett, and Paul Giamatti are being considered for roles in George Clooney‘s next directorial effort, The Monument’s Men, about the effort to find stolen art during World War II — but no deal is yet in place for any of the actors. Clooney would also star, and is writing the script with regular collaborator Grant Heslov from Robert M. Edsel’s book of the same name. [TheWrap]
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Wed 03 Oct 2012, 21:57

I have a strong belief that it will be great movie. It has all the potential (GC). Very Happy

Haven´t read the book and maybe I won´t, but just see the movie when it comes out. Then it will be the one and only version of that story for me.

I don´t recall reading anything of the estimated artwork stolen during the wars 1933-1945 from the school´s history books. Even though the amount of stolen art changing hands and going missing was substantial. So I would assume the subject in that respect is not so commonly known or remembered (maybe in art circles, but I mean mainstream). For the movie that is a good thing. Catchy theme but not too familiar.

Best in Category
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by tzizz Mon 08 Oct 2012, 02:22

I just watched an excellent documentary, "the Rape of Europa", about the Nazis' pillaging of art throughout Europe and the efforts to protect and recover that art. If you are interested in art and a good recounting of history, watch it. I read "the Monuments Men" and loved it, too. Can't wait for the movie, but it seems to be a long time coming.

tzizz
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Mon 08 Oct 2012, 02:25

Thanks tzizz.

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Thu 25 Oct 2012, 02:41

From Hollywood Reporter:

Fox Boards George Clooney's 'Monuments Men' (Exclusive)
6:05 PM PDT 10/24/2012 by Kim Masters

Sony Pictures, under financial constraints, is looking to Fox for co-financing and international distribution of Clooney's World War II art-heist pic; Paramount eyes an Adam Sandler comedy.

Sony Pictures, having pushed a number of movies into future release dates, now has agreed to split the upcoming George Clooney drama Monuments Men with Fox, multiple sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.
Fox will pick up half the financing and distribute Monuments internationally. Clooney first discussed the project with Fox earlier this year while working with the studio to promote The Descendants for awards, but Sony came in as the backer. The picture, set in the World War II era, involves a plot to protect stolen art from destruction by the Nazis. Cate Blanchett is attached as the female lead, and Bill Murray is said to be attached as well.
Sources say Fox explored the idea of acquiring the project outright but Sony, which is said to be operating under significant financial restraint at least through March, held onto half. The budget is said to be something north of $50 million.
Meanwhile, sources say Paramount is looking at an upcoming Adam Sandler project that many insiders believed would have gone to Sony based on the comic actor's long relationship with the studio. The film is described as a broad comedy that will follow Grown-Ups 2, which is set for release next summer.
Sony declined to comment.

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 25 Oct 2012, 05:15

Ooh, Cate Blanchett? I loved them together in the Good German.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Thu 25 Oct 2012, 05:27

Explains dinner with Bill Murray and his visit to Como.
OofOof
OofOof
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Sat 27 Oct 2012, 11:37

Another write up:

George Clooney’s ‘Monuments Men’ Will Star Bill Murray and Cate Blanchett; Gets Split Between Sony and Fox
Posted on Friday, October 26th, 2012 by Germain Lussier

George Clooney is no stranger to criminal activities. With films like Ocean’s Eleven, From Dusk Till Dawn, and Out of Sight, more often than you might remember, he plays a character who steals or kills for a living. Does that make him the perfect person to direct a film on the subject?

Earlier this year, Clooney signed on to star and direct Monuments Men, the true story of art historians who attempted to protect the world’s greatest pieces of art from a thieving Adolf Hitler and Nazi Germany. He’s been trying to get the film together (along with another movie) and it seems that Sony has now agreed to split the cost of this one with 20th Century Fox. That should help get the film going sooner, as well the attachment of Cate Blanchett and Bill Murray in unspecified roles.

The Hollywood Reporter wrote about the latest update on the film, citing that Sony has been shuffling around their schedule in efforts to save money (a fact Deadline hypothesizes has to do with Ghostbusters 3 shooting next year).

Here’s the description of Monuments Men from Amazon, which reportedly will cost around $50 million:
At the same time Adolf Hitler was attempting to take over the western world, his armies were methodically seeking and hoarding the finest art treasures in Europe. The Fuehrer had begun cataloguing the art he planned to collect as well as the art he would destroy: “degenerate” works he despised. In a race against time, behind enemy lines, often unarmed, a special force of American and British museum directors, curators, art historians, and others, called the Momuments Men, risked their lives scouring Europe to prevent the destruction of thousands of years of culture. Focusing on the eleven-month period between D-Day and V-E Day, this fascinating account follows six Monuments Men and their impossible mission to save the world’s great art from the Nazis.

It sounds like a real life Oceans Twelve with half the members, and real life or death consequences. I’m so very all-in with this concept, blending collectibles and history with Hollywood thrills. Argo immediately comes to mind, and that film’s success (also directed by a prominent actor) probably is helping push the film together.

Are you surprised Sony is splitting the film with Fox? Do you wish more studios would do such a thing? And what about George Clooney teaming with Blanchett and Murray?

Link
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Mon 29 Oct 2012, 15:01

While I still have power and am hunkered down thought I would post about the casting from Deadline:

George Clooney Sets Daniel Craig, Bill Murray, Cate Blanchett, Jean Dujardin For WWII Drama ‘Monuments Men’

What a killer cast George Clooney has put together for The Monuments Men, the period drama he will direct in a coproduction between Sony Pictures and 20th Century Fox. Clooney will star with Skyfall‘s Daniel Craig, Bill Murray, Cate Blanchett, The Artist’s Jean Dujardin, Argo‘s John Goodman, Hugh Bonneville and Bob Balaban.

The drama, which was scripted by Clooney and partner Grant Heslov, confronts the final chapter of Germany’s rule, which came down to the absolute destruction of everything that makes a culture keep its standing, including the lives that are lost and the sacrifices that are made. All of this is in danger of being lost forever as Hitler and the Nazis try to cover the tracks of a murderous regime. A crew of art historians and museum curators unite to recover renown works of art that were stolen by Nazis before Hitler destroys them.

The film will begin production March 1 in Europe. Heslov is producing through their Smoke House banner. Alexander Desplat is doing the score, and the crew is the same as from the Ben Affleck-directed Argo, which Clooney and Heslov produced and Desplat did the score. That latter film finished number one in the box office standing in its third weekend. Granted it was not a strong weekend, but Argo became the first film to do that since The Blind Side.

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Mon 29 Oct 2012, 15:06

Whatever his flaws as a director, George has an incredible ability to cast a film. All those actors are amazing. So excited to see Hugh Bonneville in there (anyone else a Downton Abbey fan?).

Stay safe, sillygirl. I'm in Sandy's path too. So far so good here.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Mon 29 Oct 2012, 15:11

My goodness what a cast ! Very Happy

amaretti

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 29 Oct 2012, 15:46

Crikey! Looks amazing. Off to look at the book now to work out who's going to be who - know GC is Stout and Cate Blanchett's going to be Rose. Fabulous

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi Mon 29 Oct 2012, 16:23

wow !!! great !!!
Vi
Vi
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 29 Oct 2012, 17:47

The author of the book is thrilled!

Twitter.com/RobertEdsel

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 29 Oct 2012, 18:04

I was only thinking the other day that I wished George would
make a film with Daniel !
Great news that. Coolio
It would be a perfect mix if Colin Firth was there too.

Give us your guesses soon party girl as to the characters ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 29 Oct 2012, 18:37

Okeydoke, Jo. Give me a mo tho! -there are no fewer than ten main characters - age range 49 - 18. It'll be fun trying to work this one out. And then I might open the betting as to whether we get it right.

All casting ideas welcome!

Seem to remember that Our Hero met up with Daniel Craig at a restaurant during the BAFTAs. Have a feeling there are more announcements to come......

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Mon 29 Oct 2012, 18:55

Great news! Hoorah!

Definitely. It already had great cast, but Daniel is awesome! Of course after GC. Very Happy

Best in Category

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 29 Oct 2012, 19:03

party animal - not! wrote:Okeydoke, Jo. Give me a mo tho! -there are no fewer than ten main characters - age range 49 - 18. It'll be fun trying to work this one out. And then I might open the betting as to whether we get it right.

Seem to remember that Our Hero met up with Daniel Craig at a restaurant during the BAFTAs. Have a feeling there are more announcements to come......

....AND....he had a public love in with Colin on the BAFTAs red carpet...
here's hoping !

BTW....Is there a part for darling 47 year old RDJr ?? Lol
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Mon 29 Oct 2012, 20:19

Joanna wrote:
party animal - not! wrote:Okeydoke, Jo. Give me a mo tho! -there are no fewer than ten main characters - age range 49 - 18. It'll be fun trying to work this one out. And then I might open the betting as to whether we get it right.

....AND....he had a public love in with Colin on the BAFTAs red carpet...
here's hoping !

BTW....Is there a part for darling 47 year old RDJr ?? Lol

LMAO Joanna, they'd have to pry you off the ceiling of the movie theatre with those additions to this already fantastic cast!
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 29 Oct 2012, 20:48

Oh yes Lighter...I'd be there every day Sofa bounce

When I was much younger I had a thing for Robert Vaughn...
and followed Magnificent Seven all over the place !
Eventually saw it 12 times and knew every word...Lol
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 29 Oct 2012, 20:53

March 1
in Europe

?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Mon 29 Oct 2012, 21:01

Sounds good, saw alot of Daniel Craig this weekend, first as the assassin Priest in Elizabeth, than The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, I like him, though he's not George.
Joanna I remember The Magnificent Seven, the boys in my neighborhood use to pretend they were the seven, use to crack me up.
Well anyway it will be fun waiting for filming to start something new to talk about.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 29 Oct 2012, 21:38

But it seems a good way off doesn't it ?
We've got to get through the winter before we can enjoy any
filming information headbang
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Tue 30 Oct 2012, 00:01

amaretti wrote: My goodness what a cast ! Very Happy
YES! I love the cast.
Kate is superb and Daniel is a great actor too. George sure did pick them right.

This movie is going to be a winner.

And of course, George is my absolute favorite I love you
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Tue 30 Oct 2012, 00:04

Yes. George is my sweetheart . I love you

amaretti

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Tue 30 Oct 2012, 00:16

OOOPS, correction: Mrs. Cate Blanchett (sorry Embarassed )
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Tue 30 Oct 2012, 00:40

I really need some coffee Laughing

Good thing I was able to correct that, Mr. to Mrs. lol!
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Tue 30 Oct 2012, 00:46

I just had a mini orgasm when I read that George and Daniel Craig were going to be in this film.

I remember putting together a list of my dream co-stars with George and I know Daniel was on it. Wish I could find the damn thing. I know it's on this blog somewhere!

And I think it's great that George continues his association with John Goodman. Remember they worked together in Roseanne? So cool!

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Tue 30 Oct 2012, 00:48

LornaDoone wrote:I just had a mini orgasm when I read that George and Daniel Craig were going to be in this film.

I remember putting together a list of my dream co-stars with George and I know Daniel was on it. Wish I could find the damn thing. I know it's on this blog somewhere!

And I think it's great that George continues his association with John Goodman. Remember they worked together in Roseanne? So cool!

John was also one of my favorite characters in O Brother. Smile
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 30 Oct 2012, 05:43

God, what an absolutely incredible cast! Shame films take so long to make because I really can't wait until late 2013 or early 2014 to see this. I want to see this NOWWWWWW!!!!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Tue 30 Oct 2012, 08:54

Ladies, Question - if filming is starting on 1st March 13, the Oscars should be Sunday 3rd March ergo Georgie won't be there! So if he's up for "the max" that would be a crying shame! Help! does anyone follow my theory??? I'd be interested to know! affraid
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 30 Oct 2012, 08:57

Ooh, good thinking that woman. I guess it's not too far to fly from LA back to Europe so in theory he could go. I guess it really depends on how organised he is that close to the start of filming and how bad the hangover is after the Oscars . . . !
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by macs Tue 30 Oct 2012, 10:29

Well may I join the Daniel Craig party ? (I'm even more in the mood now I've just got my last fix of 007)... This cast does indeed sound good, though I am somehow quite surprised at Dujardin, and I sure hope he's been working on his english (well I suppose after winning the oscar he is on everybody's radar to play "the french guy", but it's somehow disappointing : seriously if George'd only ask I'd name him ten more interesting french actors)
macs
macs
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 31 Oct 2012, 09:43

in another thread they say he is in
...Berlin???

Hallo joke?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by A(CUTE)-CASE-CLOONEYITIS Wed 31 Oct 2012, 11:02

hmmmmmm, I am in Munich on Nov. 5th wonder if he will be in that area then? I have been stuck in Buenos Aires since last friday, flights canceling each day into Newark due to hurricane. last week was in Miami cut trip short for fear`I would get stuck down there and I had just gotten back from Rome, been on vacation this month...wonder if my cat will recognize me...whenever I get home..I have to get home to vote.

A(CUTE)-CASE-CLOONEYITIS
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 31 Oct 2012, 13:12

right
this vote time is a big mess
for poorer....

Sad
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingsolo Wed 31 Oct 2012, 13:12

thanks for having my back!

flyingsolo
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 04 Nov 2012, 05:58

was looking over the IMDB page for this and noticed one of the cast is Hugh Bonneville.

I remember him from Notting Hill! He played Bernie the guy that doesn't recognize Julie Robert's character Anna Scott as the super movie star at dinner. Always LMAO when he asks her how much she made for her last movie and she says "$15 million"

This film casting is looking better and better! Very Happy
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 04 Nov 2012, 10:18

sweet boy!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Sun 04 Nov 2012, 21:26

I think the first guy looks like Ryan Gosling
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Mon 05 Nov 2012, 20:00

Did we know this? First I have heard of what character he is going to play.

Understandably, the folks at the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum are looking forward to George Clooney ’s next movie, in which the Hollywood hunk will play George Stout , the director of the Gardner from 1955 to 1970. (He was long gone by 1990, when thieves dressed as Boston cops made off with paintings by, among others, Vermeer and Rembrandt.) The movie is based on Robert Edsel ’s book, “The Monuments Men: Allied Heroes, Nazi Thieves and the Greatest Treasure Hunt in History,” about a group of American and British art experts enlisted to track down European art stolen by Hitler’s forces during World War II. Clooney (inset bottom), who co-wrote the screenplay, will play Stout (inset top), and the A-list cast also includes Daniel Craig , Jean Dujardin , Bill Murray , and Cate Blanchett . Stout, who’s widely considered to be the father of modern museum conservation, was the Gardner’s second director, and the museum still has many of his tools and pigments. Something tells us Gardner director Anne Hawley is hoping Clooney will come by to research his role. Filming is set to begin in March.

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 05 Nov 2012, 20:38

Hi, Silly Girl. Yep, I think we did. Referred to in some of the press releases last week.

Having read the book, I can just see him in this role...I'm sure he'll be doing the voice-overs for all the letters he wrote home too

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Mon 05 Nov 2012, 20:48

A(CUTE)-CASE-CLOONEYITIS wrote:hmmmmmm, I am in Munich on Nov. 5th wonder if he will be in that area then? I have been stuck in Buenos Aires since last friday, flights canceling each day into Newark due to hurricane. last week was in Miami cut trip short for fear`I would get stuck down there and I had just gotten back from Rome, been on vacation this month...wonder if my cat will recognize me...whenever I get home..I have to get home to vote.

tongue
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyteen Tue 06 Nov 2012, 10:32

Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie here, and I've heard about GC's project for monuments men movie.
I'm quite shy about posting here, I hope you won't make fun of me because my approach is very very humble Embarassed
I'm a 29 year old french girl living in Paris and my dream would be to have a part in that movie. Of course I'm not a famous actress or Marion Cotillard... just being an extra part during 5 seconds would be such a great experience.
Problem is, like many people I don't have an agent, I don't know anybody.
So I was wondering, who can I contact ? Where can I send my CV and pictures ?
May I write directly to Smoke House Pictures or does someone know who the casting director is ? I searched like crazy but couldn't make it.

I hope I didn't bother you with my questions and I thank you for reading my post Embarassed
Cyteen

Cyteen
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Tue 06 Nov 2012, 10:57

I think you are in a right place to ask
surely in no time someone can provide the information

Good luck! Very Happy

Best in Category

Back to top Go down

Post by macs Tue 06 Nov 2012, 11:39

silly girl wrote:Did we know this? First I have heard of what character he is going to play.

Understandably, the folks at the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum are looking forward to George Clooney ’s next movie, in which the Hollywood hunk will play George Stout , the director of the Gardner from 1955 to 1970. (He was long gone by 1990, when thieves dressed as Boston cops made off with paintings by, among others, Vermeer and Rembrandt.) The movie is based on Robert Edsel ’s book, “The Monuments Men: Allied Heroes, Nazi Thieves and the Greatest Treasure Hunt in History,” about a group of American and British art experts enlisted to track down European art stolen by Hitler’s forces during World War II. Clooney (inset bottom), who co-wrote the screenplay, will play Stout (inset top), and the A-list cast also includes Daniel Craig , Jean Dujardin , Bill Murray , and Cate Blanchett . Stout, who’s widely considered to be the father of modern museum conservation, was the Gardner’s second director, and the museum still has many of his tools and pigments. Something tells us Gardner director Anne Hawley is hoping Clooney will come by to research his role. Filming is set to begin in March.

party animal - not! wrote:Hi, Silly Girl. Yep, I think we did. Referred to in some of the press releases last week.

Having read the book, I can just see him in this role...I'm sure he'll be doing the voice-overs for all the letters he wrote home too

Totally agreed, when you read the book, it's quite obvious he's going to be George Stout ! Nice to see this confirmed
I find it quite interesting too that it happens that - even though this is an ensemble peice - George Stout is the lead (at least in the book) : when directing he seems to be more often casting himself as supporting than lead (since I didn't see Leatherhead, I'm not sure of how big his part was compared with the other main 2 actors ?)
macs
macs
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next