George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney To Receive Palm Springs Int'l Film Fest Chairman's Award - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney To Receive Palm Springs Int'l Film Fest Chairman's Award - Page 3 EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney To Receive Palm Springs Int'l Film Fest Chairman's Award - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney To Receive Palm Springs Int'l Film Fest Chairman's Award - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney To Receive Palm Springs Int'l Film Fest Chairman's Award - Page 3 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney To Receive Palm Springs Int'l Film Fest Chairman's Award - Page 3 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney To Receive Palm Springs Int'l Film Fest Chairman's Award - Page 3 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney To Receive Palm Springs Int'l Film Fest Chairman's Award - Page 3 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney To Receive Palm Springs Int'l Film Fest Chairman's Award - Page 3 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney To Receive Palm Springs Int'l Film Fest Chairman's Award

+34
davidarochelle
lelacorb
Missa
Maggy
lula-mae
sadDonkey
Atalante
MyGirlKylie
Joanna
Merlin
Sabby
janieb
phys major
Tigerina
bamboochacha
Henway
silly girl
lovelylois
cindigirl
Pari
sisieq
Katiedot
melbert
Dior
watching
sarah ali
zizi
lolo"layla"
Dexterdidit
dakota007
fluffy
it's me
Cinderella
laetval
38 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

George Clooney To Receive Palm Springs Int'l Film Fest Chairman's Award - Page 3 Empty Re: George Clooney To Receive Palm Springs Int'l Film Fest Chairman's Award

Post by melbert Sun 08 Jan 2012, 13:11

Many many thanks to all who have contributed to give us a wonderful George show!!!!
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney To Receive Palm Springs Int'l Film Fest Chairman's Award - Page 3 Empty Re: George Clooney To Receive Palm Springs Int'l Film Fest Chairman's Award

Post by laetval Sun 08 Jan 2012, 13:24

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
laetval
laetval
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 08 Jan 2012, 13:30

Thanks Laetval!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 08 Jan 2012, 13:57

Now here's his real smile! Look at those gums!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 08 Jan 2012, 14:21

I know, wrong thread, but I do LOVE her earrings!

And I LLLLOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEEE his real laughing smile!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 08 Jan 2012, 14:41

Yes Katie, obviously someone has just amused him a lot.

I don't think much of the design of the award. Does anyone understand the symbolism ??
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 08 Jan 2012, 14:49

Thanks everybody for all their great photos and videos. George and Stacy look great together, although really she should invest in some flat heels instead of purposely trying to tower over him.

There was a poster on PopSugar whose comment I thought was both sarcastic and true: "I'm so sad about what a fake production this has all become. I mean George Clooney even went out and bought himself a girlfriend for this campaign. Does it get much lower than that?"

Don't get mad a me, it's not my sentiment but a sample of what I've been reading lately.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Sun 08 Jan 2012, 15:02

Whit that real smile he looks a bit like ... GONZO ! lol!
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Sun 08 Jan 2012, 15:14

Katiedot .....I did mention George in my comment!!!!Stop putting pictures of Stacy in Gerorge's thread if you don't want me to mention how she makes him look BAD!!!! I really think you are one of those mean girls! You ATTACK everyone!!!

Last edited by phys major on Sun 08 Jan 2012, 15:23; edited 1 time in total
phys major
phys major
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 08 Jan 2012, 15:22

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Watch [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] at livestream.com

from 2:35 more or less

alert! many shots of TD!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 08 Jan 2012, 15:29

Ninth laetval's photo down he has his right hand on her butt. Well, we were looking for more PDA - there it is.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lolo"layla" Sun 08 Jan 2012, 15:48

hey Mel The earings [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Dana Rebecca Designs @DanaRebecca

These incredible one of a kind earrings made a premier on @StacyKeibler tonight at #PSIFF ! pic.twitter.com/UEPZS7an
Retweeted by Stacy Keibler
Hide photo

lolo"layla"
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by dakota007 Sun 08 Jan 2012, 16:01

phys major wrote:Katiedot .....I did mention George in my comment!!!!Stop putting pictures of Stacy in Gerorge's thread if you don't want me to mention how she makes him look BAD!!!! I really think you are one of those mean girls! You ATTACK everyone!!!

IMVHO this is not how adult people talk, Katie cleared her point many times, you think she makes him look bad fine, didn't you find something else to talk about with that point?? his speech? his look? the award?? anything?
dakota007
dakota007
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 08 Jan 2012, 16:49

Thanks Lolo!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by sadDonkey Sun 08 Jan 2012, 17:01

Thank you Henway, it's me, Katie, Laetval, lolo, lovelylois, Merlin, Sabby, silly girl, watching and of course to both main players George and Stacy Give Flowers2 (Hope didn't forget anybody) Unfortunately no greenies left Crying or Very sad

I am a little confused now... So comments about the age difference in Stacy-thread, comments about the height difference in complex-thread ?!

LOL. George is cheering for the Ravens now. That must be love. Very Happy
(Sorry if in wrong thread Wink )

PS. Congrats George! Give Flowers

sadDonkey
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Location : Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, Europe, ...

Back to top Go down

Post by lula-mae Sun 08 Jan 2012, 17:10

by phys major Today at 4:14 pm

Katiedot .....I did mention George in my comment!!!!Stop putting pictures of Stacy in Gerorge's thread if you don't want me to mention how she makes him look BAD!!!! I really think you are one of those mean girls! You ATTACK everyone!!!

You don't get it Phys Major, you're not supposed to mention Stacy because she is a part of his private life, George is a serious actor/activist/director who doesn't use his private life to get publicity, no no no he wouldn't lower himself to that level, that's why you don't get a lot of picture of his girlfriend and that's why you barely get to see her, she is discreet and always fail to notice the camera.
Besides there's no reason for you to mention her, it's not like she was on every single picture.
She's not here to be seen, she is here only to support the love of her life and you should acknowledge that.
Now if you really can't help talking about her you're allowed to say that they look good together or that you like her earrings or that she is sociable and can handle herself without supervision, or that she has a beautiful oh so natural smile or even that she is not a professional of sound so how is she supposed to know that all those microphones around can make her discreet conversation sound louder.
But ideally we would prefer you to talk about George's speech because it's full of news worthy of comment, for instance have you ever heard him talking about cutting tobbacco or selling women shoes.

lula-mae
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Sun 08 Jan 2012, 19:02

Congrats to Mr. Clooney!

George and SK look good.

I'm getting used to seeing these two together as a couple.
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Sun 08 Jan 2012, 19:56

Notice in the photo that it says the base of George's award is loose? Then when he's holding it, he only has the top piece? Poor George got a busted award. Nobody could Krazy glue that thing back together for him? Embarassed

Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sun 08 Jan 2012, 19:57

Maggy wrote:Congrats to Mr. Clooney!

George and SK look good.

I'm getting used to seeing these two together as a couple.

I prefer see George with Brad Pitt, he would see more happy!!
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 08 Jan 2012, 21:55

Missa wrote:Notice in the photo that it says the base of George's award is loose? Then when he's holding it, he only has the top piece? Poor George got a busted award. Nobody could Krazy glue that thing back together for him? Embarassed

Missa, Glenn Close's award didn't have a base either. So, I don't know for sure what they're talking about. Maybe they were all supposed to have bases and they all came loose. Cheap outfit!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 08 Jan 2012, 22:20

hi lula-mae

your post is really interesting
thanks

ciao Hug1
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 08 Jan 2012, 22:23

if someone want
can take a look to all the show

in the vid I posted earlier

there are many scenes
even the George final kiss
to his wife in TD
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Sun 08 Jan 2012, 23:06

I can't view the video Sad
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Sun 08 Jan 2012, 23:09

How Does George Clooney Survive Awards Season? "I Just Drink!"
By Gena Oppenheim
Photography by: Getty Images
January 8, 2012 - 11:21 am

Receiving the Chairman’s Award at the Palm Springs International Film Festival last night, George Clooney dished to OK! about being excited to reunite with his pals for awards season and just how the veteran actor, receiving buzz for his work in the Descendants and Ides of March this year, plans to survive the always-chaotic time.
“I just drink,” George laughed to OK! of how to stay sane after the pressure of a big award show and joked, “Drinking and passing out.”

With gorgeous girlfriend and former wrestler Stacy Keibler on his arm, George also revealed the secret to where he lets loose at the end of the night when the flashbulbs turn off.

“We tend to have parties away from where the other parties are because they're a little more fun,” the 50-year-old told reporters at the Palm Springs Convention Center, “And usually the after parties are work. So it's fun to go with your friends somewhere and just literally have a drink and have some fun.”

OK! NEWS: STACY KEIBLER "HAPPY" TO LIVE IN GEORGE CLOONEY'S PRESENT

While it can be a lot of work for actors to attend big shows such as the Golden Globes or Academy Awards, the Kentucky native is always happy that he gets to reunite with old friends in the process.
“You run into the same group,” the Out of Sight star said, “So it's nice. There are a lot of people who are friends. It is a little bit of a fraternity.”
So, was George excited to see good pal and Ocean’s Eleven co-star Brad Pitt, who also attended the gala on Saturday night with Angelina Jolie?
“Yes! I hear he's hobbled with a cast on. So I'm going to have some fun,” George poked fun of the Tree Of Life star’s minor injury.
The Ides of March, also starring Ryan Gosling, received a Golden Globe nomination this year for Best Director – Motion Picture.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 08 Jan 2012, 23:12

here hon

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Mon 09 Jan 2012, 02:57

Thanks for all the photos, articles, links, vids, etc. Sorry, too many names to list... I have a lot of posts to read and a lot to catch up on... It's nice to see George's pretty face! Hi, George! Laughing
Cinderella
Cinderella
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Mon 09 Jan 2012, 04:27

Glad to see his hairs a little longer,he looks really good, well rested. I'm so happy for him with all the acknowledgement for his hard work, it seems to skip a year, one year he has more success, than the next not as much.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 09 Jan 2012, 05:53

and every speech
he is
so.... love1
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by alriv Mon 09 Jan 2012, 10:35

Time doesn't pass to George
alriv
alriv
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 09 Jan 2012, 12:07

A couple more from the weekend:

From ET
Former Entertainment Tonight host Mary Hart was back to fighting weight at the Palm Springs International Film Festival on Saturday, doing what she does best -- interviewing Hollywood's biggest stars.

George Clooney was the man of the hour and perhaps the season, as Tinseltown shifts into its annual term for kudos. The multi-hyphenate star chatted with Mary about his feelings concerning this upcoming award season with two films up for prizes.

"They're two completely different things," George said about his two films The Ides of March and The Descendants. "You just try to do projects that you're pleased with ... because most of the things you do, in general, don't find an audience. It's always exciting and you're happy when they do, so I'm having a good year."

(video at link)

and this, from my desert.com

Just before the screen flickered to life on Saturday, Palm Springs International Film Festival Executive Director Daryl Macdonald told the audience the Talking Pictures screenings were some of his favorites of the 12-day festival.

“They are intimate conversations about the films and filmmaking,” Macdonald said.

The two Talking Pictures screenings for this year's fest featured “The Ides of March,” followed by a question and answer session with Los Angeles Times' film industry writer John Horn and “Ides” writer, producer, director and star George Clooney on Saturday.
“Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy,” with star Gary Oldman and Variety magazine Editor in Chief Timothy Gray, followed on Sunday.

Here are highlights of the conversations.

George Clooney on:
Directing: “It's great fun; you get to push the actors around.”
Career path: “My model is Clint (Eastwood),” he said. “He's been a successful actor, but he's transitioned to mostly directing, and he set the bar very high for that transition.”

A run for governor: “Yeah, that's a good idea. Forget president! Try to run this state with all its problems. Wow! I want that job!”
How to fix the Democratic Party: “Have the Democrats sit down with guys like Harvey Weinstein and Jerry Weintraub; they can teach them how to market themselves and their programs.”

Next project: “I'm working on a project called ‘Monument Men.' It's set in the late '30s and '40s, when Hitler stole all the great artworks of Europe. FDR recruited four amazing men to go out and find the art and save it.”
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Mon 09 Jan 2012, 12:48

I love the way he looks in the tux and white shirt.....mmmm.....mmmm....good.....

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by sadDonkey Mon 09 Jan 2012, 12:57

I don't like ties on him, but I guess I have to get used to it because this is what he is wearing quite often lately

sadDonkey
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Location : Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, Europe, ...

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 09 Jan 2012, 12:58

alriv wrote:Time doesn't pass to George

well...

what I was going to say is that
the day before he can appear worn out
totally

then! fresh as a rose!!! king

tell us George your secret
some rest and facials plus massages all day long??

WOT!??! scratch
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 09 Jan 2012, 13:00

bellybaby wrote:I love the way he looks in the tux and white shirt.....mmmm.....mmmm....good.....

Mopping up the mess drool droll droll
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by lolo"layla" Mon 09 Jan 2012, 23:33

for clooney lovers or fans just more videos

hope u like 'em pals!

lolo"layla"
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 09 Jan 2012, 23:56

they don't quit touching him

stop!

you consume him! Evil or Very Mad
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 10 Jan 2012, 00:20

@ Q&A

no
the jaket is too classic
no with the t-shirt
they clash

a white
simple
open collar shirt

no tie

(great answer, btw)
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 10 Jan 2012, 00:22

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Tue 10 Jan 2012, 00:38

Thanks Lolo- WOW

Lots of screaming, he keeps asking people if they're allright. Of course they are. LOL He said he was a bit cold in Palm Springs - oh boy wonder he feels in New York now.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 10 Jan 2012, 04:49

My goodness but he handles that really well. I think I would go bananas in his place! All those people in his face, screaming and trying to touch him? Brrr, not for me!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zizi Tue 10 Jan 2012, 05:07

No, I wouldn't like that either. affraid
But he always makes an effort to go and greet fans, shakes hands, signs autographs and allows to take pictures with him. Very Happy

zizi
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 10 Jan 2012, 05:52

yes
they are all his fans
and supporters Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by dakota007 Tue 10 Jan 2012, 06:03

thanks Lolo, i will get back to it again.
dakota007
dakota007
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 10 Jan 2012, 13:51

Thanks a lot lolo.
He's always so friendly and considerate to his fans, willing to spend time with them. This must add to his popularity.
I think it's a great attitude that he has towards them and he gives them respect by doing that.
Also it's a humorous way of putting two fingers up to his critics symbolically, IMO

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Tue 10 Jan 2012, 14:08

An article from Huff Post regarding George's bid for awards:

cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Tue 10 Jan 2012, 15:34

I have an idea that George is honest when he says awards aren't important to him. There is constant talk on COH criticizing his appearing on shows, in magazines, etc. talking up his movies. ("WE" also complain when he's not visible and not talking). IMO, he feels a responsibility towards his co-stars, director and the picture. They are all in contention for awards, not just him. Therefore, if he were to not "campaign", he'd be doing them a disservice, letting them down.
He cares too much for his co-workers to do anything to hurt them.
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 10 Jan 2012, 15:35

you are perfectly right
IMO
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Tue 10 Jan 2012, 15:40

Thumbs up! Patty, that's one of the things that endears me to him.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Tue 10 Jan 2012, 16:04

He does handle his fans with a kindness that you don't see many stars do. When he's working(red carpet etc.) he is always so available.Think he handles all the touching well, when asked not grabbed he even stops for a photo.
SK seems to be known and liked or better received than his last 2 red carpet GF's.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Tue 10 Jan 2012, 16:46

cindigirl wrote: Thumbs up! Patty, that's one of the things that endears me to him.

lol! Me, too... lol!

Just making a joke, Cindi... Loved it! But, maybe it's not an accident... ??? Very Happy

That's what endears him to me, too!
Cinderella
Cinderella
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next