George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Elisabetta Canalis - girlfriend 2009 - 2011 part 2 - Page 14 EmptyYesterday at 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
Elisabetta Canalis - girlfriend 2009 - 2011 part 2 - Page 14 EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Elisabetta Canalis - girlfriend 2009 - 2011 part 2 - Page 14 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Elisabetta Canalis - girlfriend 2009 - 2011 part 2 - Page 14 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Elisabetta Canalis - girlfriend 2009 - 2011 part 2 - Page 14 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Elisabetta Canalis - girlfriend 2009 - 2011 part 2 - Page 14 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Elisabetta Canalis - girlfriend 2009 - 2011 part 2 - Page 14 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Elisabetta Canalis - girlfriend 2009 - 2011 part 2 - Page 14 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Elisabetta Canalis - girlfriend 2009 - 2011 part 2 - Page 14 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Elisabetta Canalis - girlfriend 2009 - 2011 part 2

+42
elymania
silly girl
Willow
lelacorb
fava
Tigerina
monaco
fluffy
Summer
cindigirl
socimar
noodle
marina
sandwiches
CarraVogue
lolo"layla"
bunny
Bidbod
Vi
ladydi
Henway
blubelle
playfuldeb
emeraldcity
Snoopy
Merlin
Clouddancer
Casey
Stonehenge who?
PigLove
bellybaby
Sabby
Lighterside
watching
lucy
Katiedot
laetval
melbert
it's me
Dexterdidit
Atalante
sisieq
46 posters

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Elisabetta Canalis - girlfriend 2009 - 2011 part 2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Elisabetta Canalis - girlfriend 2009 - 2011 part 2

Post by Stonehenge who? Sat 26 Mar 2011, 13:18

lelacorb, so ely doesn't need George's money?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!
LOL! This big lol! lol! lol! lol!

Stonehenge who?
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Elisabetta Canalis - girlfriend 2009 - 2011 part 2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Elisabetta Canalis - girlfriend 2009 - 2011 part 2

Post by bellybaby Sat 26 Mar 2011, 13:37

clooney1970 wrote:if they had split at the end of last year why was she in Mexico twice and seen at Rosemary's place and then dinner?

The no babies story is just stupid but if its true she couldnt handle the Jolie Pitt kids i would have loved to have seen that

The last time she was in Mexico, there was no George. The time before that? Ya, she was there with All her friends, and ALL his friends....and personally, I don't believe that she was at Rosemary's or at that dinner. I never have. Sorry, too many times rumors about where they were or what they did were proven false. There were way too many cameras around to not get at least one more pic of them. Call me stubborn....I think the time she was in Mexico when George was there, was just about the end of things....JMHO

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sat 26 Mar 2011, 15:09

you can laugh but she has a rich family and she always lived as a rich girl travelling around the world,,she favorite hobby was shopping in montenapoleone, via della spiga a milano where she lived, in the summer she usually was photographed on the yacht in sardinia or in another italian port.
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Sat 26 Mar 2011, 15:23

bellybaby wrote:
Call me stubborn....
Hug1

sisieq
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Sat 26 Mar 2011, 15:29

lelacorb wrote:you can laugh but she has a rich family and she always lived as a rich girl travelling around the world,,she favorite hobby was shopping in montenapoleone, via della spiga a milano where she lived, in the summer she usually was photographed on the yacht in sardinia or in another italian port.
Thanks for the info! lelacorb, I know it wasn't your intention when posting, but EC looks/acts like a very spoiled person.

Last edited by sisieq on Sat 26 Mar 2011, 15:52; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Changed second sentence)

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Sat 26 Mar 2011, 15:45

Things are certainly quiet about all this. Usually there is some sort of reaction-photos, denial, someone "in the know" talking to the press.
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Sat 26 Mar 2011, 15:54

blubelle wrote:Things are certainly quiet about all this. Usually there is some sort of reaction-photos, denial, someone "in the know" talking to the press.
IMHO, its because it hasn't hit the British and American press. I doubt it will until if/when official.

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 26 Mar 2011, 16:43

Welcome Lelacorb! Your English is just fine!! Don't apologize! I understood you quite well.

Stonehengewho? - Maybe Eli doesn't NEED George's money, but she certainly WANTS his money with him attached to it. And not necessarily George, but what George represents?
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 26 Mar 2011, 18:49

I think that's pretty much what all of his girlfriends want: not necessarily George, but what he represents: access to easy street and endless fame.

The fact that George is a great package that it all comes in is just a bonus to them; they'd still date him if he was obese, over 80 and looked like Elmer Fudd after Freddie Krueger had had his way with him if you know what I mean.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sat 26 Mar 2011, 19:41

I think that George isn't stupid,he know what he wants. do you think?
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 26 Mar 2011, 19:54

Katiedot wrote:I think that's pretty much what all of his girlfriends want: not necessarily George, but what he represents: access to easy street and endless fame.

The fact that George is a great package that it all comes in is just a bonus to them; they'd still date him if he was obese, over 80 and looked like Elmer Fudd after Freddie Krueger had had his way with him if you know what I mean.

Absolutely Katie! I think that golddiggers don't care what the "package" is (NO, I don't necessarily mean THAT package), as long as the wallet is thick and it is of benefit to them.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerina Sat 26 Mar 2011, 21:42

Obviously golddiggers don't care what the man looks like. Look around Hollywood at some of the others and it is just obvious. Shocked
Tigerina
Tigerina
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Sat 26 Mar 2011, 23:11

Georges money and lifestyle is always a big attraction to the girls and Eli is in not in Georges realm of money and lifestyle. If she was she wouldn't have always only dated rich guys. You are right gold diggers don't care about looks just what is in the bank or what they can get out of it. Look at Hugh Hefner, that is just gross and 80 year old man with a 24 year old fiance. Yeah that is true love, already rumours about her cheating on him. If Eli has any work we will find out eventually but whatever it is it never lasts more then a day or two at a time. San Remo was her longest gig in about a year a whole 4 weeks, she is probably resting up after "working" so hard. I don't mind not seeing her especially around George I bet he is relieved too.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Sat 26 Mar 2011, 23:14

It will only be official if George or Eli speak and Eli doesn't seem to want it all to end. I think stan may have to do it himself like he did with Larson. Maybe george is hoping she will just go away and everyone will forget about her.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 26 Mar 2011, 23:46

I could do that real easy Dex!! Um, Eli who??????
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by lolo"layla" Sun 27 Mar 2011, 00:36

right on spot dexter Thumbs up!

lolo"layla"
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerina Sun 27 Mar 2011, 02:02

I was watching QVC just now while walking on the treeadmill and was thinking "what if" I could afford to buy the 800 dollar bracelet they had on. (Man was it cool.) And then I think, I wouldn't care how money I had, it would always be difficult for me to spend that kinda money on a bracelet. Not when I can buy one for 50 dollars that would have the same effect on my wrist. I can't imagine feeling any different about it even if I could afford it. It baffles me as to what a gold digger is really about. Do the material items really make them feel that much more special? I have my own personal style and I can pull it off no matter the price tag.

I have met several gold diggers over the course of my life and they always appear the same to me. Insecure, shallow and dizzy. How they get an intelligent man is beyond me. I don't think it is possible, the man "has to be" as dumb to ever be enticed by it. It is the only reasoning I can come up with. clown
Tigerina
Tigerina
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Sun 27 Mar 2011, 02:10

I have never gone into a home that shows lots of wealth in the LA area to do my job, and seen anything but a thin woman. She doesnt have to show much intelligence, or be pretty, or even nice, but just have a great body. Someitmes, while I'm in the house, I think that if I could get close to anorexic looking, I could live like this!
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerina Sun 27 Mar 2011, 02:14

Or you mean a plastic body. They can't be anorexic and have a great body. That would have to be constructed. Honestly, what a wasted life to ever believe any of that matters in the least.
Tigerina
Tigerina
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Sun 27 Mar 2011, 05:50

So not going to be a golddigger I like eating too much. And I'm way too cuddly. The women are like trophies but they are the ones letting themselves be that then whine when they get dumped for a younger prettier one.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 27 Mar 2011, 05:57

I guess I'll never be one either Dex. I too love to eat and I'm way too old, so I'd get dumped all the time for the younger and prettier one!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Sun 27 Mar 2011, 09:03

I think her parents are comfortably well off from years of work. But millions in the bank at their disposable at the drop of a hat - no. She would be use to a particular comfort level - materialwise. Her folks are solidly middle to upper class. They don't seem to have ever been blue collar.

In the past, Betty was spotted vacationing on big yachts only ever with her soccer player boyfriends, not herself or with her girlfriends in the sense that they hired the boat. So the likelihood is that the soccer player paid for everything. Same as her previous vacations - Miami, Ibiza, Capri, etc. They was always a rich bloke there with her. She didn't vacation that way or in those places when she was in between boyfriends or just holidaying with girlfriends.

I think the George connectioon has made her a lot of money and pushed her rates through the roof - hence her continual trading on the association. Prior to George, she probably did well financially and was comfortable (as much as a B list celeb in Italy could be) but I can't imagine that from the outset of her career, being a piece of fluff on Italian TV dancing in a barely there outfit really brings in the big bucks otherwise what would have been the point of the 3 nude calendars at that time when she was trying to establish a name and following for herself? The modelling gigs she has had over the years (and there has been many) would have kept her financially afloat because with all the presenting jobs and the acting work on the short lived TV shows, she would not have been in a position to demand a big paycheck for the time spent and the quality of the work. Those jobs seem to be more about keeping her in the public eye as a personality, not just a model. The films would have had good paycheck but the modelling (prior to and now with George) is where the bulk of her income comes from.

Does she need his cash - actually she does. She isn't so rich that she would never have the work again if she so chose (those designer handbags and puppy treats don't pay for themselves) hence the ongoing hustle with the paps and the desire to work in the States. If she was secure financially without the assistance of man, she wouldn't be so desperate and transparent in her behaviour. And we have the remember that what she makes now is what she is going to have to live on for the rest of her life (if she doesn't snag a rich bloke long term) as she doesn't have any particularly unique skill that will keep her employed and/or in the public eye long after George is off the scene. Her retirement plan really does seems to be a rich bloke or one hell of a payout from George. But are George's payouts that good? All the women have had to go back to work after their time on the Clooney tilt-a-whirl was done. When she was dating the soccer players, it was all about marriage and babies. Now she is with George, she has changed her mind and doesn't want marriage and babies - to keep the peace and fit into what he wants. She changes herself to fit the new guy's ideal mate. Not to mention the history of only dating rich men who seem to be around when she needs the check to be picked up. So whilst she is trying to obtain her meal ticket, she is padding her own bank account with famewhoring endeavours - just on the safe side. And I doubt she is putting her hand in her own pocket much.

If she was expected to live on her current bank account with no future accumulation of wealth, she would have to change her lifestyle or she would be out of money in a few years. Those designer bags that she seems to accumulate every couple of months aren't cheap. If she had to start paying her own way on vacation or travelling back and forth between Italy and the US, she would feel the cost. All the trendy restaurants, shopping outings only at designer stores, super expensive shoe collection (even though she claims to be a tomboy), flying the dogs back and forth, the pricey neighbourhood that she lives in and pays rates in, pricey hair salons, etc - if she was paying for all those things herself (which I really doubt that she is at the moment or when she was with the couple of soccer players), her bank accoungt balance would feel a hit straight away.

There isn't much about her life that is lowkey or low cost. Let's be honest - you are never going to see her in Costso, Target or Lowes. And that's the problem - she won't be able to sustain her current lifestyle indefinitely unless she gets a regular paycheck through some type of job or snags a husband with a thick wallet. She isn't trained or skilled to do anything but parade around half naked, engage in snobby behaviour when in public and sleeps only with men who are rich and can open doors for her if she gives them what they want, when they want it.

Hell, I'm dependent on my employer to pay me every fortnight otherwise I will run into financial issues. But he is an ass or if I feel a conflict of interest, I can quit and get another job. If the guy I go out with turns out to be a jackass, no problem, I don't need him for anything. Not even pausing. What happens to Betty if she challenges George - she gets shown the door and has the Amex card taken away. So of course she molds herself into whatever she thinks is going to keep him happy - to hell with how she might feel about something. She is hunting a big fish to fry. It would be a business arrangement - even it it was never discussed as such, she will do what he wants and in return, he covers her bills and gets her a salary. No matter how you look at it, it is still choosing a lifestyle over intergrity. And George is as stained by this as Betty - he is one in the position of power to make this arrangement work. Even if she is the world's best golddigger, at the end of the day, it only happens because he allows it.
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Sun 27 Mar 2011, 09:16

That is so well said and so true! I do think she and George have split and she needs to make it clear so any new guy can step up to the plate. Pretending they are still together is in her best interest because financially she continues to gain with her association with him. The fact she always dates rich men shows she isn't as well off as some may think. If you look at her IMDB there are alot of gaps and c grade models like her don't get paid big bucks. Once it is out there that she is no longer with George her asking price will plummet cause she won't have the same appeal. Sarah Larson is now working 2 jobs and all his exes have had to work so the payouts I don't believe are as much as people think they might be. Eli has done really well she really has no right to ask for anything else. If she has chosen to move to the States then she needs to finance that herself although knowing George he will probably pay for rent for a year or something so she can't say she was hardly done by. Yes, George does allow this because these girls are disposable and he can still do what he wants to do it's when he gets someone not disposable is when I think he is more serious. I don't think he counted on Eli's persistance or games though!
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 27 Mar 2011, 10:05

Merlin wrote:Someone said Betty was worth £9 million....I would be on permanent holiday all over the world if I had that kind of money.

Hi Merlin - can you remember where that figure came from? Because if it's true, she certainly doesn't have to work.

We've got no way of working out what her income is or how much she's worth. I feel that we're underestimating it somewhat. The nude calenders must have brought in a fortune. Topless models in the UK can do very well for themselves - it's well paid. A succesfull calendar and a few endoresements will bring in near a million or more. The San Remo gig alone means she doesn't have to work for the rest of this year.

I don't mean to say that she doesn't need George's money because I'm sure she's very happy to be dating a millionaire and one who lives such a glamorous lifestyle. I don't think that a woman has to be poor to be a gold digger; it's a character trait not a physical need. Some people always think it's ok to sponge off others while other people will always stand on their own two feet no matter how poor they are. Betty, in my opinion, is a sponger.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sun 27 Mar 2011, 12:00

betty isn't a sponger becase she works from twelve years. she worked in italian tv all day for four years from 20 to 24 years make many money She always works in the italian ty ,in sitcom, fiction and she makes movie. .In genuary and febrary she works for Cavalli underwear as a model, for Lancia, Donna oro, cosmoprof for publicity and Sanremo festival.She refused many works only after that she lives with george
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Sun 27 Mar 2011, 12:01

Someone on here quoted it Katiedot....can't remember in which topic...

Found the quote...

lolo wrote:she is not poor in some web site that said clooney wealth i remember reading that she had about 9 million dollars!

Last edited by Merlin on Sun 27 Mar 2011, 22:04; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Found the quote)
Merlin
Merlin
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Sun 27 Mar 2011, 12:18

I think she has clearly made a couple of million since the George association (Cavalli, presenting gigs, jewellery, car, coffee, Leverage, Boldi movie, San Remo, etc) and prior to him, she would have done well enough being a 'name' in Italy who will attend a club or model whatever for the right paycheck over the past decade. Although how much of it does she really get? There is the manager, agent, acting agent, publicist who all get a percentage. The lawyer who reviews her contracts and negotiates her deals also gets a percentage. Then the tax office takes a chunk of the money. Then any personal staff like assistants and the like. So I would assume that she would see between 50 - 60% of the income that she earns much like most people in the industry. Sure the proposed payday is good but once she pays everyone on Team Canalis payroll, she isn't seeing those types of numbers that have been getting bandied around.

She has never been Tier 1 MAW. Pre George, whilst getting good money as a model but not getting the best and the most lucrative jobs. Not known outside of Italy. Working but not in demand. Now with name association, she has worked her way up to Tier 3 or maybe even Tier 2 (based on paycheck). She is doing better but the gigs she is getting are not Tier 1. Cavalli and Screen hair care would have paid well but they arent Tier 1 products. She isn't the face of Armani or L'oeral hair care. She is just still selling stuff in Italy. She has not gone global professionally. And truthfully, I don't think she will ever do better than this. She has ridden George's coattails for 18 months and this is what she has achieved. Her people have worked the angles and this is what she has made of it. Those who have wanted to willingly used the association have done so. As the big name and the big pay checks haven't arrived yet, it is safe to say that they won't be turning up any time soon. There is not going to be a multi-million dollar contract for Betty no matter who she dates.She just doesn't have the look or the presence to have a company decide to pony up that type of money to have her as the face of their products. I mean, she has done well to achive what she has in respect of her limitations. She is never going to be viewed as talented, only as a tabloid fixture. Great effort but she isn't going to be in Vogue anytime soon. Or Sports Illustrated. Or the face of a major comestics line. Or a movie star. Or a TV actor. Is she still do really well for having no clear talent in one particular field - absolutely. Will the money in her bank account sustain her for the rest of her life the way she lives now - no.

I do think that Katie has nailed it though - sponger is such a good term for her. She may work but she isn't picking up the bill for herself at all. I don't believe for a second that she has been paying for all her trips to Mexico without George. I don't believe for a second that when her family and friends where in Mexico in Dec through to Jan last year (and George was seen once on Dec 20 then he went back to the States to prepare for the trip to Darfur) that she covered the bill. No way, no how. Not the flights, the accomodation, the meals, the booze, the day trips, etc of all those people. Not a chance in hell. Now she might just date men who like picking up the tab but the succession of only very rich men and apparently her well funded lifestyle and career opportunities that come with those men, makes it looks opportunitisic. I doubt she dips into her own accounts when there is a guy on the scene. Her expectation seems to be that she deserves to be taken care of. Even the pictures of her out the dinner with friends, there is no shot of her getting cash or her credit card out to pay at the end of the meal. It always seems to be someone else's responsibility.
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sun 27 Mar 2011, 13:24

Answer? When george was 32 years old.who knew him in USA? Nobody George is a straordinary man because is beutifull, clever,symphatetic but how many success movie did he? Syryana, Good night and good luck, Michael Clayton but only after that he was 40 years old. He is more importante as a figure that as an actor
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Sun 27 Mar 2011, 14:32

Lelcorb - when George was 32 he had a starring role on ER. You know, the show that made him uber famous and gave him the opportunity to have a film career.

No one knew him? His surname guaranteed that he was known. His surname opened doors and he was recognisable to people in the industry and then the public through the fact that he worked. Back then, only movie stars were famous. Not actors on tv shows unless it was a major hit. Rosemary had been famous. Nick was well known. He wasn't some unknown who got off the bus from Kentucky who had nothing to his name and no angle to work. By the time he got ER, he had been in numerous shows as the lead and also supporting roles like on Roseanne. He was a TV actor at the time hence no film bio. He wasn't aspiring to do film as he just wanted to get a job.

Attached is a list of his work credits until he got ER. Unlike Betty who works once then vacations for 6 months, George was focused on building a career. He didn't expect to have one handed to him on a silver platter because of who he knew.

1993-1994 Sisters (TV series) Detective James Falconer
1993 The Building (TV series) Bonnie's Fiancee
1992-1993 Bodies of Evidence (TV series) Det. Ryan Walker
1993 Without Warning: Terror in the Towers (TV movie)
1992 The Harvest Lip Syncing Transvestite
1992 Jack's Place (TV series)
1992 Unbecoming Age
1988-1991 Roseanne (TV series)
1991 Rewrite for Murder (TV movie)
1991 Baby Talk (TV series)
1990 Sunset Beat (TV movie)
1990 Sunset Beat (TV series)
1990 Red Surf Remar
1990 Knights of the Kitchen Table (TV movie)
1988 Return of the Killer Tomatoes! Matt Stevens
1987 Bennett Brothers (TV movie)
1987 The Golden Girls (TV series)
1987 Murder, She Wrote (TV series)
1987 Hunter (TV series) Matthew Winfield
1985-1987 The Facts of Life (TV series) George Burnett
1987 Return to Horror High Oliver
1987 Predator: The Concert
1986 Combat Academy (TV movie) Maj. Biff Woods
1986 Throb (TV series) Rollo Moldonado
1986 Hotel (TV series) Nick Miller
1984-1985 E/R (TV series) Ace
1985 Street Hawk (TV series) Kevin Stark
1984 Riptide (TV series)
1978 James A. Michener's Centennial (TV mini-series)

Betty's work history looks nothing like that. And this was before he got famous and had options and opportunities to be involved in projects that interested him. Betty would need a vacation from the effort of just reading this list.

Last edited by watching on Sun 27 Mar 2011, 14:33; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling error)
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Sun 27 Mar 2011, 15:59

lelacorb wrote:Answer? When george was 32 years old.who knew him in USA? Nobody George is a straordinary man because is beutifull, clever,symphatetic but how many success movie did he? Syryana, Good night and good luck, Michael Clayton but only after that he was 40 years old. He is more importante as a figure that as an actor

Also, people knew of him because of his Aunt Rosemary. He also made a name for himself for THE FACTS OF LIFE and ROSANNE weekly comedy programs. People "knew" who he was.

IMHO it is Clooney who made a name of EC outside of Italy.

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 27 Mar 2011, 17:10

It's absolutely George who made Betty known outside of italy. Perhaps that's something we can all be pissed off at him for?!

I don't get the insistence that she has to be a model when she's not and never has been a model nor do I understand why she has to have worked internationally in order to have made a lot of money. It sounds like we're debating the nature of fame here. There are celebrities who make a lot of money but are totally unknown outside of their own country.

Pick up a copy of Gala magazine in Germany and you'll not recognise all the cover stars. Likewise with OK in England. With the addition of some Hollywood glamour, they're mostly home-grown celebs and not all of them famous because of talent or accomplishments.

In the UK, 'glamour girls' who pose topless and make calendars just like Betty did make a lot of money and are well known. The women who date football players became so well known that they even got their own acronym: WAG (wives and girlfriends).

Betty always was a celebrity in italy albeit a b-list / c-list one. She was famous for taking off her clothes, presenting TV shows, a little bit of "acting" on TV and some films and of course for dating famous (and let's not forget rich) football players.

How rich is she? I've no idea but looking at the kind of money UK celebs of her ilk can make, then she may be very well off. If it's true that her apartment is paid off and she gets a lot of clothes given to her and she's paid to attend parties, then what expenses does she really have?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Sun 27 Mar 2011, 17:23

So the question remains - Why do all these rich and famous men go after her?
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 27 Mar 2011, 17:32

Ok, just had a quick google and this seems to be the pay structure for 'glamour models' in the UK (add about 60% on top again for US dollars) which is how Betty became famous:

earnings:
◦Page 3 girls earn from around £12,000 per year.
◦Kitty Lea earned £30,000 in her first year as a Page 3 girl.
◦The more popular Page 3 girls can earn up to £100,000 a year.
◦The top Page 3 girls, such as Keeley, can earn a lot more than that.
◦Abi Titmuss (famous glamour model) earned around £1M per year at the height of her popularity.

◦Girls get between £300 and £1,500 for a Nuts photoshoot, depending on whether the shoot is used for the cover, and occasionally much more.
◦Page 3 girls can get upto £4,000 for a magazine cover shoot for the monthly lads mags, Maxim or FHM.
◦Abi Titmuss earned £20,000 for a day's photoshoot for Nuts/ZOO.*
◦ZOO paid £45,000 for a cover photoshoot of Orlaith McAlister, just after she came out of the Big Brother house.
◦Page 3 girl Katie Richmond was offered £250,000 for a Playboy photoshoot.

Earnings for personal appearances:
◦Katie Downes was paid £300 for a 2-hour personal appearance, opening a music store.
◦Katie Downes and Rhian Sugden were each paid £500 for a day-long personal appearance, signing autographs.

Of course none of this includes tv hosting work, appearances and what you can make by tipping off the paparazzi . . .
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sun 27 Mar 2011, 17:51

He always told that after ER he had no money and only after he became famous(1994/95). All he has done before are certainly not great thing, only smalls parts. I didn't tell that ely is a great actress but that in Italy is famous from twelve years and not only girlfriend of football players, if she is famous in USA is certainly for George, but you tell and don't know.
This are the Ely works in Italy:
[modifica] Cinema
2005 - Deuce Bigalow - Puttano in saldo (Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo), regia di Mike Bigelow
2006 - Natale a New York, regia di Neri Parenti
2007 - Decameron Pie (Virgin Territory), regia di David Leland
2008 - La seconda volta non si scorda mai, regia di Francesco Ranieri Martinotti
2008 - La fidanzata di papà, regia di Enrico Oldoini
2010 - A Natale mi sposo, regia di Paolo Costella
[modifica] Fiction TV
2003/2004 - Carabinieri 3 - 4, regia di Raffaele Mertes - Serie TV - Canale 5
2005 - Love Bugs 2, regia di Marco Limberti - Sit-com - Italia 1
2008 - Medici miei, regia di Massimo Martelli - Sit-com - Italia 1
2010 - Fratelli Benvenuti, regia di Paolo Costella - Miniserie TV - Canale 5/Rete 4
2010 - Leverage - Consulenze illegali - serie televisiva USA - TNT / Joi / LA7
Striscia la notizia (Canale 5, 1999-2002)
Controcampo con Sandro Piccinini (Italia 1, 2002-2007)
Stelle a quattro zampe (Canale 5, 2002)
Ciro presenta Visitors (Italia 1, 2003)
Superciro (Italia 1, 2004)
Striscia la notizia con Maddalena Corvaglia (Canale 5, 2005, conduttrice per una settimana)
Mai dire Martedì con Mago Forest (Italia 1, 2007)
Festivalbar con Enrico Silvestrin e Giulio Golia (Italia 1, 2007)
Buona la prima con Ale & Franz (Italia 1, 2007, una puntata)
Trofeo Birra Moretti con Anna Tatangelo (Canale 5, 2008)
Artù con Gene Gnocchi (Rai 2, 2008)
Total Request Live con Carlo Pastore (MTV, 2009)
Festival di Sanremo 2011 con Gianni Morandi, Belen Rodriguez, Luca Bizzarri e Paolo Kessisoglu (Rai 1, 2011)
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Elisabetta Canalis - girlfriend 2009 - 2011 part 2 - Page 14 Empty Old picture

Post by socimar Sun 27 Mar 2011, 18:34

lolo wrote:A dinner with, perhaps, future in-laws Clooney. Surprise Elisabad Canalis welcome to return to the United States.

No children, no family and no wedding. Only his dogs. Maybe, but this looks like a formal engagement with such presentation in the family.

"People" has launched the first new gossip: Well, Mom and Dad would Clooney went to visit her son on the set of 'last film, "The Ides of March" filmed in Kentucky. Theatre of the meeting the local "Capron", a restaurant near Augsburg, the birthplace of the actor.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
(I'm thinking this is an old pic, but I love Stan's face just peeking in the back there! - katiedot)

This picture was taken in Venice a few days before they walked the Venetian red carpet (wearing the famous Cavalli green dress) and their relationship became official. In this particular picture she was wearing a short black dress. I believe it was taken in the summer of 2009.
socimar
socimar
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 27 Mar 2011, 18:55

lelacorb wrote:He always told that after ER he had no money
No, that's not true. He's always said that after his first season in ER his accountant told him he had enough money that he wouldn't ever have to work again.

He wasn't famous before he was in ER but he was very well paid. He says that he was "the best paid unknown actor in Hollywood". When he split up from his girlfriend Celine in 1999 he paid her US$4 million.

cindigirl wrote:Eli is "a great actress?" Excuse me.
Lelacorb wrote that Ely is not a great actress.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoopy Sun 27 Mar 2011, 19:38

I am sure Betty has made a good living, enough to keep her in the current lifestyle or pay for her current lifestyle, no. Sponger is a good term. She reminds me of people who have money but stand back and let everyone else pay for everything, like they should be honored that she allowed them to buy her dinner.

Just seen a good example - fundraiser for a memorial, a person who owns multiple businessess gives $25, while a man who lives on limited social security gives $100? Trust the man who gave the $25 will make sure he gets credited publicly.
Snoopy
Snoopy
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sun 27 Mar 2011, 20:49

I write that George became rich with Er in 1994
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 27 Mar 2011, 22:10

"This picture was taken in Venice a few days before they walked the Venetian red carpet (wearing the famous Cavalli green dress) and their relationship became official. In this particular picture she was wearing a short black dress. I believe it was taken in the summer of 2009."

I believe you are correct Socimar. When they landed in the helicopter?
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Sun 27 Mar 2011, 22:21

Have you guys read this comment beneath that article ?

" Sources close to George Clooney announced today that back in early December, he ended a publicity agreement he had with Elisabetta Canalis. The agreement had lasted for nearly a year and a half, with the two having attended numerous events together during that time.
A friend of the actor said that the end of Clooney’s agreement with Canalis had been coming for a long time, and that ultimately, it was Canalis’s dishonesty that pushed things well past the breaking point. “George is basically an honest person. When he entered into this agreement with Canalis, he saw it only as a publicity tool. He never planned to talk about the relationship, since in reality there never was a relationship other than in a business sense. Canalis took things to a level George never expected, talking about the relationship in interviews as if it were real. Her lies gradually escalated to the point of even lying about George’s beloved father. George never anticipated or intended for anyone to be hurt due to his publicity arrangement with Canalis, but he now realizes that people he cares about were hurt. George feels terrible that his friends and loved ones have been affected by what was supposed to be a simple arrangement of making public appearances together.” "

She lied about George's father ???
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Sun 27 Mar 2011, 22:43

What!!!! What comment below what article? It would be great if true but is it?
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Sun 27 Mar 2011, 22:46

No, Atalante, the comment is silverscreen from IMDB. Its a madeup press release that she/he refuses to admit.

a more honest press release than some
by silverscreen3 (Wed Feb 9 2011 12:38:53) Ignore this User | Report Abuse

You may not be familar with the message boards over on IMDB. You'll see there are many pages in that thread with many of us arguing to show proof of where the so called press release was issued. You'll see that the OP can't give a link because the OP made it all up. The OP is going all around the internet posting such press release.

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Sun 27 Mar 2011, 22:47

blubelle wrote:What!!!! What comment below what article? It would be great if true but is it?

See my comment above. Its not true.

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by marina Sun 27 Mar 2011, 22:49

@ Lelacorb
I understood your points about Elisabetta's money and carreer but I need to desagree about your perception about George.
Nobody know him when he was 32?
Like Watching said his surname tells a lot.
I live in Brazil and my mom was a big fan of Rosemary Clooney. She ( Rosemary)still is very known here.You can buy her old CD's and movies in any shopping mall.
It was very easy to me, when he shows up in the cable TV playing doctor Ross in ER made an association with Rosemary(including the phisycal resemblance!)
Everybody knows that George is the Rosemary's nephew and few months ago, when he was going to Darfur the midia ( on TV) always introduced him as George Clooney the movie star and human rights activist, son of newsman Nick Clooney.
That family has the talent in the DNA!
Also you can see youtube- when he was a little child show up in front of the tv's cameras in his daddy's show.

marina
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Sun 27 Mar 2011, 22:51

You'll see that the fools who continue to post and defend the fake press release all around the internet do not accept the fact that they are also then calling George a liar. See their response in the above link.

I've said my peace about "them" over there.

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 27 Mar 2011, 22:53

I cannot believe that was posted on that site!! OMFP!!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Sun 27 Mar 2011, 23:08

melbert wrote:I cannot believe that was posted on that site!! OMFP!!!!
Are you talking the Italian website about the Venive Film Fest?

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 28 Mar 2011, 00:09

Sisieq, sorry, I should have clarified better. I mean I cannot believe that post from IMDb was in the comments of the Bergamosara article. OMFP!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Mon 28 Mar 2011, 00:25

melbert wrote:Sisieq, sorry, I should have clarified better. I mean I cannot believe that post from IMDb was in the comments of the Bergamosara article. OMFP!!!
No problem! I love you I agree, unbelievable!!

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Mon 28 Mar 2011, 00:28

Sisieq - Thank you for clearing things up.
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next