George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Good News
George to attend Telluride Film Fest? - Page 3 EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
George to attend Telluride Film Fest? - Page 3 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George to attend Telluride Film Fest? - Page 3 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
George to attend Telluride Film Fest? - Page 3 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George to attend Telluride Film Fest? - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George to attend Telluride Film Fest? - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George to attend Telluride Film Fest? - Page 3 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George to attend Telluride Film Fest? - Page 3 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George to attend Telluride Film Fest? - Page 3 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George to attend Telluride Film Fest?

+22
Lighterside
Merlin
sarah ali
Charley
lucy
Dior
melbert
watching
hathaross
MyGirlKylie
Dexterdidit
lelacorb
LornaDoone
blubelle
Casey
cindigirl
laetval
sandwiches
sisieq
pattygirl
it's me
Katiedot
26 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

George to attend Telluride Film Fest? - Page 3 Empty Re: George to attend Telluride Film Fest?

Post by it's me Sun 04 Sep 2011, 22:28

pattygirl wrote:Don't think he'd risk that either. Needs to keep his mind sharp, as there is always someone willing to "trap" him with words.

we see a show
for him is work
hard work too
sometimes (think at the radio man interview!)
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George to attend Telluride Film Fest? - Page 3 Empty Re: George to attend Telluride Film Fest?

Post by it's me Sun 04 Sep 2011, 22:30

anyway no drunk to me
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 04 Sep 2011, 23:36

I was just teasing with my Rocky Mountain High comment. Since he was in the RM with the beauty, and the thin air, it just gives you a natural high.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Sep 2011, 00:37

I miss living in CO!

That being said, if you are not used to the altitude... you gotta remember 1 drink seems as if you drank 2 and you feel more tired as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Mon 05 Sep 2011, 08:29

Frenchies has a fan pic of George posted and he looks super skinny. Is it the picture or did I miss him losing weight?
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 05 Sep 2011, 08:30

I saw
maybe his position
or some not so thin girls all together

dunno!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Mon 05 Sep 2011, 09:30

PICS : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
laetval
laetval
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Mon 05 Sep 2011, 09:42

The general low down is that George made it for a breakfast at a mountain beauty spot, which Laetval's picture shows. Didn't say how long he was staying there. But also mentioned that they had a small private showing of the Decendants, which seemed well received.
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 05 Sep 2011, 12:33

Don't think we've seen this already? Thanks Henway for the link:

From deadline

Meanwhile, today was a busy day at Telluride for George Clooney spottings. He was the subject of a Silver Medallion tribute Saturday night at the Palm, and before that the center of attention at Fox Searchlight’s small private dinner at Sheridan Opera House for some select press and key creative people, including his new film The Descendants director Alexander Payne. At that dinner Clooney also spoke enthusiastically to me about his other film that just debuted in Venice, The Ides of March, which he directed and co-stars in. “Sony has really gotten behind it, bumping the release budget from about $9 million to $40 million. The reviews have been great, only one bad one.” He said he didn’t like the unique one-sheet poster art work originally – but since everyone else told him he was wrong, he has now come around. Clooney may be the most accessible star of his magnitude I have ever run into, no entourage at all. At the post-tribute party he stayed for more than two hours. This is clearly his Telluride. The Searchlight crew told me he has gone above and beyond so far on Descendants. Searchlight’s co-topper Nancy Utley told me she feels the launch of the film “could not have gone better in Telluride. We are so excited about it.”
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Mon 05 Sep 2011, 13:02

Popsugar has pictures of George on a panel at the festival for Descendants. If already posted in that topic, apologies for the double up.

Posted September 4, 2011 7:00 am by Allie Merriam

George Clooney joined his Descendants costar, Shailene Woodley, and director Alexander Payne yesterday for a Q&A session during the Telluride Film Festival. He was there as the star of the movie after a stint in Venice, where he was the force behind the lens representing The Ides of March. It's shaping up to be a busy Fall for George between the two projects — The Ides of March, out on Oct. 7, and The Descendants, which hits theaters Nov. 23. The Descendants reviews are already good, and some are even mentioning Oscar nominations for George and Alexander! Despite the multitasking George has nonetheless found time to play host to famous friends, like Cindy Crawford, Rande Gerber, and Bono at his Lake Como pad, in addition to moving on from ex Elisabetta Canalis with rumored new interest Stacy Keibler.

Link
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Mon 05 Sep 2011, 13:53

George and his Silver medallion award!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Mon 05 Sep 2011, 13:56

Other pics there :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Mon 05 Sep 2011, 14:13

Thanks laetval for the many faces of GC. He looks like he's having fun with his medallion.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Sep 2011, 14:54

Here’s a little excerpt of George talking about drinking in Telluride…

"I drink -- a lot," he said. "And up here at this elevation, you can get pretty f---ed up" with just one or two shots, he noted. "It's cheap drinkin' up here!"

Read More at this Link

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Mon 05 Sep 2011, 15:03

Thanks cinderella. So maybe he was a teeny tiny f--ked up in that pic with Payne. I didn't mean that post as a criticism of him. I love him when he's "feeling good."
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Sep 2011, 15:05

That's what I said about altitude. One drink seems as if you had 2. In his case, 2 seemed like he had 4, hahaha. George, a drinker like you didn't know it?! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Mon 05 Sep 2011, 15:07

This is a typical George comment, spoken tongue in cheek.

I think he's very careful with his drinking when "out in public" and basically alone (no friends to field for him). He's touting his movies, both The Descendants, which is featured at Telluride and IOM which he is pitching word of mouth to all listeners. Since Sony wouldn't show it at Telluride, it's all he has. They said he was showing climatic clip at Medallion Presentation, but haven't read anything about it.
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Charley Mon 05 Sep 2011, 16:06

pattygirl wrote:This is a typical George comment, spoken tongue in cheek.

I think he's very careful with his drinking when "out in public" and basically alone (no friends to field for him). He's touting his movies, both The Descendants, which is featured at Telluride and IOM which he is pitching word of mouth to all listeners. Since Sony wouldn't show it at Telluride, it's all he has. They said he was showing climatic clip at Medallion Presentation, but haven't read anything about it.

I don't think it's just when English is translated to another language that some of George's comments are "lost in translation". Some people take everything literally, when they're said very much tongue in cheek.
Charley
Charley
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Mon 05 Sep 2011, 16:32

I guess that's true. I guess he doesn't realize that some of his jokes don't translate well.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 05 Sep 2011, 18:28

I guess he knows
and let it goes
sometimes can be good! Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Mon 05 Sep 2011, 18:35

Well, I personally don't have translation problems with what George says, so I take those things that come out wrong when translated, with a grain of salt. He is what he is, and I'd take him any way.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 05 Sep 2011, 18:41

me 2 ...
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Sep 2011, 19:20

pattygirl wrote:This is a typical George comment, spoken tongue in cheek.

That's the way I read it, too. He's having fun with those that think he's a drunkard! He might have a “celebration” or a “let it go” night with his buds every once in a while but it’s probably rare. It’s not that he doesn’t drink a drink, just not heavily all the time. It’s nice to settle down in the evening with a glass of wine to smooth the edge.

And what’s this I hear about a “climatic” clip? I want to see that!

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Mon 05 Sep 2011, 19:50

LOL @ his expressions in those pics. Hopefully we get some video to go with it.

Thanks for sharing, guys.
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Mon 05 Sep 2011, 20:04

lelacorb wrote:
I read this article, it seems that George is really bad!

Telluride: Clooney Caught in Ides of March Fest Tug of War

The Venice Film Festival opened with The Ides of March, and Toronto has it booked too. Telluride wanted—and George Clooney wanted—the film to play Telluride as well as part of its Clooney Tribute. So he included a clip from late in the movie—a “spoiler” he told me at the annual patron’s brunch—thinking folks would have seen the film. But no, it was not possible to book it in Telluride after all. Sony wouldn’t show it to the fest, in deference to Toronto. So Clooney’s got The Descendants here.

He says the reason he won’t be doing The Man from UNCLE is that he has scheduled a back as well an arm operation. Action heroics are not in the immediate future. He’s delighted to be here for the first time with fellow tributee and Michael Clayton costar Tilda Swinton.

As for the rumored TBAs here: if Johnny Depp is here it’s not for The Rum Diaries, which the fest didn’t screen. One TBA is Jennifer Garner-starrer Butter, from the Weinstein Co.

Don't know anything other than that, assume that it showed. Wasn't anything said regarding Tribute presentation as far as I saw, haven't really been able to wonder the net. Between trying to keep up with COH, and scanning wedding photos, and watching DD movie, just not enough time. Maybe I'll get to it today. Will try.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Mon 05 Sep 2011, 20:08

Patty, he's not always careful about his drinking when his friends aren't around. I still remember the liaison he had with Lucy Wovert when he was making UITA in Miami. There are several pics of him clearly drunk, one with him slumped over in the back of the car. I think he sincerely regrets that move. Maybe since then he's more careful.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Mon 05 Sep 2011, 20:35

I think he has grown up some. Never saw those pics personally but hopefully he's cleaned up his act somewhat, in public anyway.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Tue 06 Sep 2011, 02:32

By Chris Willman at TheWrap

Mon Sep 5, 2011 11:20am EDT

It's official: Telluride is George Clooney's town now. Everyone else -- Glenn Close, Tilda Swinton, Jennifer Garner, the dogs, the hippies, even the Lauren and Bush clans up in the mountains -- just lives in it.

eerie unanimity hasn't carried over to any other film, though the U.S. debut of Cannes favorite "The Artist" has incited nearly the same effusiveness.

Also read: George Clooney's 'Descendants' Sucks Up All the Air at Telluride Fest

Love for Payne's film would have been undiminished even if Clooney hadn't made it to town. It doesn't hurt that he's effortlessly charmed everyone in the valley, and a weekend that began with the festival's controversial -- and soon-rescinded -- edict to the press to not photograph him looks to end with the actor-director having spent quality time with everyone but the town dogs (and even they may yet get an audience).

Asked at a panel how he deals with the crush of admirers, Clooney kept his tongue lodged well into the sexiest cheek alive.

"I drink -- a lot," he said. "And up here at this elevation, you can get pretty f---ed up" with just one or two shots, he noted. "It's cheap drinkin' up here!"

Also read: Venice Fest: Roman Polanski Gets Mean, Keira Knightley Gets Hysterical

Other actors have been highly accessible at this most relaxed of festivals, including Glenn Close. ("She's in it to win it," remarked one admiring publicist for a rival Oscar hopeful.) But chatter on the gondola has been divided over Close's passion project, "Albert Nobbs," as it has been for David Cronenberg's Freud-Jung-spanking parlor drama, "A Dangerous Method," and especially the unannounced sneak preview of "Butter," a broadly satirical, red-state-baiting comedy co-produced by leading lady Jennifer Garner.

Here's the buzz on 10 key films playing Telluride through the Monday night close:

1. THE DESCENDANTS. How much do audiences and critics adore Alexander Payne's first film since "Sideways"? Let them count the ways, to the probable annoyance of everyone who won't have a shot at seeing it until Fox Searchlight releases it in theaters Nov. 23. By any reckoning, the comic drama is 25 times better than the iffy trailer suggested, with its absentee-dad-reconnects-with-daughters-via-tragedy theme just one of several wrinkles in the screenplay's tonal tightrope walk. Clooney has more heart than he's yet been allowed on screen, and even actors with only two or three scenes, like Robert Forster and Judy Greer, get enough time to do comedy and heartbreak.

Industry bloggers wore their hearts on their sleeves. Wrote Hollywood Elsewhere's Jeffrey Wells, "I for one love the abrupt, subtle tonal shifts between straight drama and whaddaya-gonna-do, throw-up-your-hands, low-key comedy. Perfect." "If Searchlight makes all the right movies, the movie should sail through the award season fray," said IndieWire's Anne Thompson. Only In Contention's Kris Tapley was lukewarm, calling it "a bit Payne-light" and saying he's "not really sure" if it'll "wrangle a Best Picture nomination" -- a prediction few others are holding back on.

pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by sarah ali Tue 06 Sep 2011, 03:02

i like 6 and 8 a lotttt , soooo freakin' cute when he laughs!!!
sarah ali
sarah ali
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 06 Sep 2011, 04:44

cindigirl wrote: There are several pics of him clearly drunk
There's a whole thread here on this site dedicated to George's drinking! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Sep 2011, 06:41

Which grown adult that socializes at bars, restaurants, parties or clubs hasn't gotten smashed on some occasion. I don't see him as a drunkard. His schedule wouldn't allow the toll being a drunkard takes on the mind and body.

I think he's a casual or social drinker like most people that drink. I've been a teetotaler for years. When I did drink I never went pass 2 drinks so I've never been drunk, tipsy but, not drunk.

I doubt he drinks liquor every single day. He's cerebral and that types likes to have a clear mind to experience the surroundings, soak it up and write about it somehow.

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Tue 06 Sep 2011, 09:14

VIDEO : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Katiedot on Tue 06 Sep 2011, 10:50; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added video)
laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Tue 06 Sep 2011, 10:26

laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Tue 06 Sep 2011, 10:53

lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Tue 06 Sep 2011, 10:54

beautiful phto
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Tue 06 Sep 2011, 12:42

It is a nice picture. Looks like everyone was there. Wonder where George will show up next?
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Tue 06 Sep 2011, 13:01

Should be TIFF, right. That starts on 8th.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Sep 2011, 03:51

Hi Katie,

One of my friends in CO took a picture of George and another one of Tilda in the streets of Telluride. What's the e-mail I can send it to you so you can upload it here? I tried to upload folowing your instructions, but It was unsuccessful.

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 07 Sep 2011, 05:07

Hi Louis, Great! just email the photos to me: clooneysopenhouse at gmail dot com
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Wed 07 Sep 2011, 09:11

George Clooney poses with his director, Alexander Payne, at the world premiere of The Descendants.
laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Wed 07 Sep 2011, 23:17

Article from Huffington Post, written by Michael Bialas dated 9/7/11

Age of Reason: George Clooney Is Telluride's Silver (Medallion) Fox

Having turned 50 in May, George Clooney thinks and talks a lot about growing old these days. It was one of the topics of conversation during a series of interviews at the 38th Telluride Film Festival, where the Academy Award winner was awarded the Silver Medallion.

He was one of three 2011 honorees -- with Oscar-winning actress Tilda Swinton and French filmmaker and actor Pierre Etaix -- recognized by the festival for a "significant contribution to the world of cinema."

Clooney also was in Telluride promoting The Descendants, Alexander Payne's brilliant mix of comedy and drama that also had this southwestern Colorado mountain movie mecca buzzing throughout the Labor Day weekend (September 2-5).

But it was Clooney who was the toast of the town since his arrival Thursday night. After he and Payne attended a special screening of The Descendants for patrons at Chuck Jones' Cinema in the Mountain Village on Friday afternoon, Clooney was presented the medallion Saturday night at the 650-seat Palm Theatre on the outskirts of town. He returned Sunday morning to the Palm, the festival's largest venue, for another tribute, proudly wearing his shiny "bling" around his neck while casually dressed in a polo shirt and jeans.

Following a 40-minute clip reel that featured most of his significant film roles from 1998 to 2011 (no Batman & Robin here), Clooney walked nonchalantly down the aisle ("Hi guys," he said to the stunned audience) before discussing his career with Scott Foundas.

Asked how he stays so grounded after all his success, Clooney used 8,750-foot Telluride as his comical reference backdrop. "I drink ... a lot," he said as the crowd roared. "And with this elevation, you can really get fucked up, I'll tell ya. This is cheap, cheap ... this is cheap drinking up here, man."

Self-deprecating as ever, Clooney kept the audience rolling as he watched his film life flash right before his eyes.

"Sometimes acting gigs are about timing," he said, mentioning The Descendants was a perfect opportunity to take on the understated role of a perplexed father of two daughters dealing with a life-changing event. "You have to be sort of the right age to do them and the right place in your life and your career to do them. And this one was one where it felt like, you know, as I age rapidly on screen -- that's the funniest thing watching this clip reel -- you're like 'Fuu-uuck. (crowd laughter) What the hell?' I was the two-time Sexiest Man Alive, you know that, don't you? (wild cheers, applause, laughter) This is hard to watch. I'm like AARP Sexiest Man Still Alive." (more huge laughs)

Clooney is still young enough to remember the tough times and "a lot of crappy" odd jobs before making it as an actor. As a driver for Rosemary Clooney, the late great actress/singer who happened to be his aunt, the devoted nephew sometimes went above and beyond the call of duty.

"She was doing a show called 4 Girls 4," Clooney recalled about Aunt Rosemary. "And it was all these old lady singers who were great. ... I think it was Helen O'Connell and Margaret Whiting and Kaye Ballard and Kay Starr. Just really fun, drinking hard, tough ladies. ... And then Martha Raye, who was a fuckin' hoot ... and a big drinker. I was driving my Aunt Rosemary and Martha was in the back. They were still in their sequined gowns, tumblers of booze. And Martha goes, 'Pull over, I gotta take a leak.' (wild laughter) Oh, man. ... Oh, man. ... And she like leaves just the door open and like (making a squatting motion) ... and I'm just sitting there ... and my Aunt Rosemary goes, 'Georgie, don't turn around. You'll learn too much about the aging process.' "

Clooney brought up Aunt Rosemary (who died in 2002 at age 74) a couple of times, citing her as an example of someone who can succeed well past the prime of life.

"In your 30s and 40s, you're trying to prove something -- to yourself and to other people," he said. "Rosemary was at 70 years old on the road singing. And I was like, 'Why is it that you're a better singer now than you were when you were 28? You can't hit the notes and you can't hold the notes like you used to.'

"She was like, 'I don't have to prove I can sing anymore. I just serve the material. And that works.' And she really was a better singer because of it. And I think that it's a good lesson as an actor, as a director, as a lot of things ... is you get ... there's a sense of calm where you go ... I'm very aware that people will react. I've got a movie coming out (directing and starring in The Ides of March) that's polarizing, I understand that. But I'm much more calm about it now. And I feel as if, you don't have to prove anything anymore."

As an actor, Clooney already is getting Oscar buzz for The Descendants, but it was his director and a couple of co-stars that he preferred to single out.

Following a 5 1/2-minute clip that captures Payne's magical touch of injecting humor into a moribund moment, Clooney said, "Alexander's just this nut, man. He has this way of turning things so quickly. Things will be very funny, then very sad and then very funny again, just on a dime. And it's a real skill. It's not something you can learn. You actually have to have that in you. I don't know many people who do."

Then Clooney praised actress Judy Greer, who had just appeared in this hysterical/heartfelt scene with him. "Her first job ever was one of the opening scenes in Three Kings with me when we were having sex on a chair. And it was her first acting gig. Sorry, Judy. ... Fine with me. But I can watch her do anything. She could read a telephone book. I love watching her work.

"And all the other actors. The girl who plays my older daughter, Shailene Woodley, who does such a phenomenal job ... unbelievable. (applause) If you haven't seen it, (there's a scene where) she cries underwater, which really pisses me off that she can do that shit."

During the 40-minute interview, Clooney discussed other career highs and lows:

"Making it" in Hollywood, despite some failed attempts while making 13 pilots and eight television series:
"I just started to realize at one point that I'd been doing a lot of really crappy television and was probably pretty bad in it as well. And so I started changing my focus to look for better TV shows. Actors have this pecking order, right? It's theater actors look down on film actors, film actors look down on TV actors, then it goes down to reality show fuckers or something. (laughter and applause) It's true. At least we have them to look down on. ... We didn't have them when I was looking down. ... And so what happens is actors always pretend that they're film actors. And the truth is, I'd always be like, 'Well, I'm a film actor. I'm doing The Facts of Life right now, but I'm a film actor. (cheers, applause) You like the mullet (haircut), don't you? ... Yeah, Tootie and Jo. ... I had to finally come to terms with the idea, literally there's an epiphany, where you say, 'I'm actually a TV actor.' And so I had to focus on doing better TV. Because what I'm doing is sort of these placeholder jobs to move myself into this fantastic film career that I've never had."

When his career took off with ER in September, 1994:
"There are very few times in Hollywood where there's actually a surprise. ...There were two shows that year. There was Chicago Hope and there was our show. The predictors were all that (Chicago Hope) would double us (in viewership), that they were gonna kick our ass. And ER doubled them. That was one of those giant shockers that just sort of blew everyone out of the water. ... We had 40 million people a week watch that show, at 10 o'clock at night. It was 17 million (that) watch American Idol. It was a big difference. And everything changed from that moment on for me."

First film role (although it was never released in theaters):
"It was called Grizzly II. It was with Charlie Sheen and Laura Dern. (he laughs) And that was interesting. I'm just going to stay out of any kind of commentary on all of that."

A lackluster start to a film career, including Batman & Robin
"You don't really have any concept of it. Honestly, you're still at that position as an actor where you're just pleased to get a job. ... Bit by bit, you realize, because you get a lot of shit for things, you do some bad movies, you're bad in them ... and then you realize, 'Oh, well I better start making very different decisions. That I needed to actually pay attention to the script and pay attention to the director and then the next three films after Batman & Robin, and after I sort of got my tail feathers singed, were Out of Sight and then Three Kings and then O Brother, Where Art Thou? It was like I had a sense that screenplay really mattered. (laughs) ... So, yeah, there was some bad choices along the way, but they didn't seem like it at the time. And quite honestly, had I not done some of those films, I wouldn't have gotten the others."

Studio blockbusters vs. low-budget independent projects
"I kinda decided very early on that if they were going to pay you a lot of money, they were gonna do a crappy film. That's really the deal. So I thought, 'Well, I'm gonna do these films for nothing, for scale. And I'm gonna own a piece of the back end, so if they make money, I make money. And if they don't, I get to make the films I wanted to make.' So I felt like it was gambling on myself. So it makes you tend to choose projects that you're more interested in. And, quite honestly, look, this is the sellout part. I'll go do a commercial overseas and make a lot of money if I'm not making any money on a film. And you know what, OK ... you know ... fuck it. (huge laughs, applause) You figure if you can get this film made, then ... I'll sell some coffee." (laughter)

Favorite films
"The great era for American movies ... I send my friends as Christmas presents my favorite hundred films between 1964 and 1976. ... Network is my favorite film of all time. God bless (director) Sidney Lumet. Man, oh man. ... He and (writer) Paddy Chayefsky. Everything he wrote happened. Everything he wrote about -- news becoming entertainment, reality shows -- happened."

Becoming a director
"Part of it is ... my Aunt Rosemary was a very successful singer. And then she wasn't. And it wasn't because she became less of a singer. She, in fact, got to be a better singer. Rock 'n' roll came in, pop music, jazz music was gone. And she was done. And it had nothing to do with her. ... I really had this good understanding of the fact that you're not gonna allowed to be in front for very long. And that there's a 'sell by' date. So I wanted to have other things to do."

Enjoyed this article a lot. Really George!
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

George to attend Telluride Film Fest? - Page 3 Empty George Clooney photo from the Festival Telluride, Colorado, sept. 2011

Post by Letisia Ponce Thu 08 Sep 2011, 01:25

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Letisia Ponce
Letisia Ponce
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 08 Sep 2011, 04:21

Hi Patty

I really liked that article too. When you get a moment, could you also post it in the interviews section of the forum? I think it's good enough to keep as an article in its own right and I'd hate for it to get lost in this thread.

Thanks!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Thu 08 Sep 2011, 09:54

laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Thu 08 Sep 2011, 13:09

Great vid! Thanks.
Always gentle with ladies.. Give Flowers
hathaross
hathaross
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Thu 08 Sep 2011, 14:48

Thanks laetval for posting this video again. Does anyone know who the lady with the short blonde hair is at the end of the vid? It seemed she had a lot to say to G.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Thu 08 Sep 2011, 16:18

Don't know. Americans love to hug don't they. We don't do that in little o'l Belgium, if you'd try, you might get smacked ! Beaten
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 09 Sep 2011, 01:19

cindigirl wrote:Thanks laetval for posting this video again. Does anyone know who the lady with the short blonde hair is at the end of the vid? It seemed she had a lot to say to G.
They do seem to know each really well Cindi. Thanks laetval!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3