George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Clooneys and family and friends in Venice
George Clooney presenting award to the Pulitzer Centre EmptyYesterday at 19:06 by annemariew

» The Political Rise of the Clooneys
George Clooney presenting award to the Pulitzer Centre EmptyThu 12 Sep 2024, 13:37 by party animal - not!

» Poking fun at Amals shoe wear
George Clooney presenting award to the Pulitzer Centre EmptyThu 05 Sep 2024, 19:34 by benex

» Aston Martin Vanquish, una presentazione da grande cinema
George Clooney presenting award to the Pulitzer Centre EmptyThu 05 Sep 2024, 18:29 by benex

» People Mag: 13 photos of George and Brad over the years
George Clooney presenting award to the Pulitzer Centre EmptyThu 05 Sep 2024, 11:11 by annemariew

» George and Amal Clooney Light Up Wolfs Premiere Carpet in Chic Date Night Looks
George Clooney presenting award to the Pulitzer Centre EmptyWed 04 Sep 2024, 17:20 by benex

» Venezia Red Carpet Wolfs Streaming
George Clooney presenting award to the Pulitzer Centre EmptyMon 02 Sep 2024, 20:18 by benex

» Brad & George double date in Venice 2024 (People mag)
George Clooney presenting award to the Pulitzer Centre EmptySun 01 Sep 2024, 20:43 by annemariew

» Amal Clooney arrive à la soirée Cartier
George Clooney presenting award to the Pulitzer Centre EmptySun 01 Sep 2024, 19:48 by benex

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney presenting award to the Pulitzer Centre

4 posters

Go down

George Clooney presenting award to the Pulitzer Centre Empty George Clooney presenting award to the Pulitzer Centre

Post by Admin Thu 22 Oct 2020, 18:40

This came out on the 16th October - did I miss something?

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney presenting award to the Pulitzer Centre Empty Re: George Clooney presenting award to the Pulitzer Centre

Post by annemarie Thu 22 Oct 2020, 19:23

This is the first time I'm hearing about this , I don't remember this one.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

George Clooney presenting award to the Pulitzer Centre Empty Re: George Clooney presenting award to the Pulitzer Centre

Post by LizzyNY Thu 22 Oct 2020, 20:20

New to me, too. I guess we can't catch everything.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 22 Oct 2020, 20:46

But, dammit!

And we still have no idea what the award is for, right?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 22 Oct 2020, 22:14

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I think John F Kennedy was awarded the Pulitzer Prize for Profiles in Courage - and looking at the website Columbia University seem

to be involved in some way.

Oh, and J R Moehringer won it for The Tender Bar

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 23 Oct 2020, 02:30

Just Googled Pulitzer Center. It's an organization that supports "global enterprise reporting" and gives grants to journalists and incorporates their reporting into educational programs. They seem to be attempting to support independent journalism across the board. There's a long description of what they do on their home page.

They are not affiliated with Columbia University's Pulitzer Prize.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 23 Oct 2020, 10:02

Thanks, Lizy. Sounds very laudable. Not sure who's really behind it, though.

I'm thinking that perhaps the Pulitzer Center is GIVING the prizes and that George has agreed to be one of the people presenting their award to someone?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 23 Oct 2020, 13:06

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I think this is something George would be really pleased to be involved with........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 23 Oct 2020, 15:06

Admin wrote:Thanks, Lizy.  Sounds very laudable.  Not sure who's really behind it, though.

I'm thinking that perhaps the Pulitzer Center is GIVING the prizes and that George has agreed to be one of the people presenting their award to someone?
That's the impression I got, too.

PAN - I don't remember who is behind the Pulitzer Center awards, but I do remember they were established in 2006. The Pulitzer Prize has been awarded for much longer than that. They're not the same thing. I think George would be delighted to be involved with either one of them since they both award and support excellence in journalism.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 23 Oct 2020, 16:05

So this is the whole thing which took place on the 14th by the look of it - and lots and lots of

stars - speaking and/or singing - virtually - on behalf of the HFPA and the Golden Globes and their yearly philanthropic awards

event:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72OLf6x1Vgs

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 23 Oct 2020, 17:17

Join us as we unveil our Annual Grants’ Program. The HFPA is giving away over $5.1 million to more than 70 organizations. Philanthropy is the primary mandate of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association and every year we announce our fellowships and grants in the areas of education, professional training, mentoring, film preservation and freedom of the press. This year the announcement takes the form of a virtual celebration featuring students from a dozen of HFPA-supported schools. These young creators worked with us to produce the original music, dance, film and poetry that you see showcased here. Providing a platform for their work is part of the HFPA’s commitment to actively mentoring the generation that represents the future. Partnering with them and the people that instruct them has been a profoundly gratifying experience and we are confident that they are in their way to a great future.

Students from Los Angeles County High School for the Arts (LACHSA), Get Lit, Echo Park Film Center, Kids In the Spotlight, UCLA Film Young Directors, Outfest LA, Inner-City Arts, A Place Called Home, Las Fotos, Tomorrow’s Filmmakers Today, and California State Summer School for the Arts – as well as the other 60-plus grantees are introduced by a stellar cast: Anna Kendrick, Aubrey Plaza, Awkwafina, Billie Eilish, Billy Porter, Christian Slater, Danielle Macdonald, Daisy Edgar-Jones, Eddie Redmayne, Ethan Hawke, Finneas, George Clooney, Jason Sudeikis, John David Washington, Jurnee Smollett, Mary J. Blige, Method Man, Millie Bobby Brown, Nicole Kidman, Orlando Bloom, Paul Mescal, Regina King, Rita Moreno, Riz Ahmed, Salma Hayek, Scott Eastwood, Sophia Loren, Tracee Ellis Ross, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, and Zachary Quinto.

In addition Jennifer Hudson and the cast of Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist perform musical numbers, and more!

James Corden hosts the show.

The HFPA also presents its first Social Justice Grant, of $300,000, to the Urban Peace Institute, a leading organization in the field of community safety, just policing, and systems reform to end violence and mass incarceration.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 23 Oct 2020, 17:23

Right, so we've got really short memories as we talked about this here: https://www.clooneysopenhouse.com/t9072-billie-eilish-george-clooney-nicole-kidman-and-more-to-present-at-hollywood-foreign-press-association-philanthropy-even

Ah well.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 23 Oct 2020, 21:15

Maybe it's just that we didn't make the connection between the Pulitzer Center and HFPA. At least I didn't - and I looked it up! Embarassed
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 24 Oct 2020, 10:58

Me neither! It wasn't till Nicole Kidman's name was mentioned in the video that I suddenly remembered that I'd typed her name recently in regards to some sort of award thingy.

Ah well.  Think I could have updated that calendar a bit better, eh!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 24 Oct 2020, 16:21

Very Happy Really? I wouldn't worry about it. I'd hate to think chasing down George stories was your top priority. Remember, you also have a life.  Drink 2 Love3 Reading Zzzzz Laughing out loud Drink 3 Yahooooo
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 25 Oct 2020, 15:53

I do have a life (or so I like to think, hmmm), but I don't have a job, so I've got the time to make more of an effort here.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 25 Oct 2020, 17:26

Very Happy Whatever makes you happy! I, for one, am glad you're back and still interested in running COH.  Thumbs up! I also hope that when you're ready to get a job there's a great one waiting for you.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down