George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
Amal on Britain's Best Dressed list EmptyYesterday at 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Amal on Britain's Best Dressed list EmptyYesterday at 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
Amal on Britain's Best Dressed list EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Amal on Britain's Best Dressed list EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Amal on Britain's Best Dressed list EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Amal on Britain's Best Dressed list EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Amal on Britain's Best Dressed list EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Amal on Britain's Best Dressed list EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Amal on Britain's Best Dressed list EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Amal on Britain's Best Dressed list

+2
party animal - not!
ladybugcngc
6 posters

Go down

Amal on Britain's Best Dressed list Empty Amal on Britain's Best Dressed list

Post by party animal - not! Thu 02 Aug 2018, 09:14

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Amal on Britain's Best Dressed list Empty Re: Amal on Britain's Best Dressed list

Post by What Would He Say Thu 02 Aug 2018, 10:27

The world we inhabit is more akin to the playground than we can ever know.....

Melania didn’t even make the top 100 in the U.S.....

I’m sure something as fickle as fashion doesn’t recognise fair play....And honesty......

But we should....Oh the Serenity Prayer means more everyday....
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Amal on Britain's Best Dressed list Empty Re: Amal on Britain's Best Dressed list

Post by party animal - not! Thu 02 Aug 2018, 10:48

Not at all surprised at that, WWHS, given her choice of jacket to visit children separated from their parents by her other half's laws and his assaults on the free press. It would be completely inappropriate.

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 02 Aug 2018, 12:03

Melania's jacket was probably why she wasn't chosen it was tacky and inappropriate. Not to mention the nasty way Trump has treated Britain.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Thu 02 Aug 2018, 13:47

ABSOLUTELY PAN and A.Marie.....

BUT we are talking last year AND the year before nothing to do with THAT incident.....which was 4/5 months ago....

But nice try.... school yard deflection.....it wasn’t me Miss it was her!!!

You have to see the general public will swallow anything...
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Thu 02 Aug 2018, 13:56

BTW.... Fashion is supposed to be an art, and like sport above the taint of politics.....in its true form.... certainly above finger wagging due to who the poor woman  in question is coupled with....
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Thu 02 Aug 2018, 13:57

Specifically over the last six months, Amal seems to save her tacky and tasteless outfits for date nights and non-working events in the U.S.  She seems to dress a lot more refine and conservative when she is in the UK.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 02 Aug 2018, 15:32

WWHS - Re: Melania - Her wardrobe doesn't seem to get much coverage here unless she wears something that creates controversy, like the infamous jacket. From what I've seen her clothes are more classically styled than fashion-forward. They look like what they are - expensive, well-tailored and fairly generic rich-lady clothes. Nothing exiting or unusual.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 02 Aug 2018, 18:22

Agree Lizzy. She could be a newsreader in any one of them..............

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 02 Aug 2018, 18:37

Very Happy This just struck me. How ironic is it that the former model (Melania) dresses like a lawyer, while the lawyer (Amal) dresses like... well, whatever...a runway wannabe?  Very Happy
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Thu 02 Aug 2018, 19:20

LizzyNY wrote:WWHS - Re: Melania - Her wardrobe doesn't seem to get much coverage here unless she wears something that creates controversy, like the infamous jacket. From what I've seen her clothes are more classically styled than fashion-forward. They look like what they are - expensive, well-tailored and fairly generic rich-lady clothes. Nothing exiting or unusual.

With the ONE notable exception AHEM....she actually dresses immaculately for her role... poised elegant cognisant of every country she visits... In the U.K. she wore a U.K designer etc.... Sad - if she was married to Obama the U.S would have her as number one on the list....Sometimes the boob job makes her short waisted, and sometimes her back of head hair pce is a bit wonky in windy weather, that aside she has an instinct when to wear her hair up or down and with what outfit.... her hemlines get a straight A’s always, and they always compliment heel height.....

There’s a lot more to looking classic .... but classic should never be a dirty word....

Mel pulls it off, and makes it look effortless, NOT CONTRIVED....

she lives with CHAOS but remains composed....
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Thu 02 Aug 2018, 19:21

LizzyNY wrote:Very Happy This just struck me. How ironic is it that the former model (Melania) dresses like a lawyer, while the lawyer (Amal) dresses like... well, whatever...a runway wannabe?  Very Happy

Hahaha..... best comment of the day.....So true....
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 02 Aug 2018, 19:50

WWHS - No insult intended to Melania's wardrobe. It is usually classic and flatters her. It just isn't very interesting or exciting. Amal's choices are often the reverse.

Melania impresses me as someone who would happily wait out Trump's presidency without ever leaving the White House. This is a job she really didn't want.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Fri 03 Aug 2018, 22:00

Amal seems to me a woman sick fashion, wearing any dress as long as it is expensive and made by famous designers sometimes is good sometimes seems ridiculous but it seems that I want to impress at all costs! Style no, who has style can wear and look gorgeous even with a $ 20 dress, this is the difference between a woman who has style is one who has a full wallet.
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 03 Aug 2018, 23:06

Being the cranky old bat that I am, and having grown up in a very fashion-conscious household (my mom trained to be a designer) I guess I'm more critical of fashion choices than most.

For me, the whole idea of fashion is to create clothes that are interesting, yes, but also flatter the wearer - through good fabric, construction and fit. Once the concept comes off the runway it should be wearable without making the wearer look like a clown. That's the designer's side of the bargain.

The other side is the customer. By the time you're a grown woman you should have a fair idea of what looks good on you. Have fun, by all means, but also be aware that there are things you love that just aren't for you. Maybe the lines or fit are wrong for you. Maybe it's the color. Or maybe it's too old or just too juvenile. Mutton dressed as lamb is really not attractive.

All that said, anyone can wear anything they want. What I think doesn't count for spit! Very Happy
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 04 Aug 2018, 01:46

Well, I know that these day's women are not just wearing what looks good they are wearing just what they like. 

There are no fashion rules, wear what you want as long as you like it and feel good in it. That being said there are some

things I have seen that make me shake my head. 

What other people think does not and should not matter if they don't like it they aren't wearing it so no worries

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down