George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Amal talking about George and the twins in Vogue EmptyYesterday at 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
Amal talking about George and the twins in Vogue EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Amal talking about George and the twins in Vogue EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Amal talking about George and the twins in Vogue EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Amal talking about George and the twins in Vogue EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Amal talking about George and the twins in Vogue EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Amal talking about George and the twins in Vogue EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Amal talking about George and the twins in Vogue EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Amal talking about George and the twins in Vogue EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Amal talking about George and the twins in Vogue

+2
Joanna
annemarie
6 posters

Go down

Amal talking about George and the twins in Vogue Empty Amal talking about George and the twins in Vogue

Post by annemarie Tue 10 Apr 2018, 15:42

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[size=34]Amal Clooney on romancing George and raising twins: Lawyer reveals actor wooed her with emails in the voice of his dog Einstein when she'd given up on love at 35[/size]
By REBECCA DAVISON FOR MAILONLINE
PUBLISHED: 09:20 EDT, 10 April 2018 | UPDATED: 10:22 EDT, 10 April 2018

Amal Clooney, wife of actor George, has become famous in her own right as a barrister in international human rights law and as a fashion icon. 
And the 40-year-old has given a first insight into her life with the Hollywood star, revealing how they first got together and discussing life as a mother to twins.
In a rare interview, she told Vogue how her romance with George, 56, came about after she attended a party at his house on Lake Como, Italy. 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

+5

Amal Clooney has told Vogue that her husband George wooed her with emails in the voice of his dog Einstein when she'd given up on love at 35 - (pictured in 2016) 
After, the pair exchanged emails, (Amal is a fan of emailing,) with George taking on the guise of his dog Einstein, pretending he was in need of legal rescue.

Amal, who got engaged to George in 2014, admitted she already 'really liked him' before their first date at a top London restaurant, and said she had almost given up on the idea of love and motherhood because she wasn't prepared to settle.
She said: 'I was 35 when I met him. It wasn’t obvious that it was going to happen for me. And I wasn’t willing or excited about the idea of getting married or having a family in the absence of that. 

+5

Sweet: During the interview, she revealed 10-month-old twins Ella and Alexander have already said their first words and climb in bed with them both between six and 8am - pictured going to Columbia university on Monday

George had previously said that they went on a safari with friends and he took a photo of some giraffes that had come up to a smiling Amal - and in that moment, he had an epiphany that he should propose. 
Amal also told Vogue that their 10-month-old twins Ella and Alexander have already said their first words and climb in bed with the couple both between six and 8am. (Amal won't take calls before then).
She said coyly: 'We’ve had some "Mamas" and "Dadas." George was very careful to ensure that "Mama" was the first word.' 

+5

Stunning: The couple renovated their stunning £20 million property in Sonning-On-Thames, Berkshire, in late 2015 

+5

Glorious: At one point, the Clooneys had 1,000 mature trees transported to the estate by lorries and planted around the outskirts of the property
She noted that their routine is easier now than when they were first born as the bed was full of 'weird cushions and pillows and machines,' at that time.
The interviewer noted that George made a FaceTime call to Amal during the chat where he asked after the 'knuckleheads' (the twins).
Amal said: 'This is the first time since their birth that he’s been away, and the separation has nagged at him more than he’d expected.'
Back in February, George talked about Amal to host David Letterman, saying: 

He said: 'She is sort of this remarkable human being and now mother, which is something I suppose you should assume she would be wonderful at as well, but when you see it in person, it makes you feel incredibly proud but also incredibly small.' 
George and Amal mostly reside in Sonning-on-Thames, Berkshire, where they enjoy 'pool parties until 3am' and have a photobooth for guests. Behind that, sits George's screening room complete with popcorn machine and sweets.
Their house is filled with a giraffe's head (Amal is a fan), art 'that's not worth insuring', lots of photos of family, an antique map of Berkshire, a 'G' and 'A' sculpture, books and a ship in a bottle.
They also travel to Lake Como during the summer and have a small base in LA. 
The pair renovated their stunning 17th Century Grade II listed £20 million property in late 2015. 
The development includes a home cinema, 360-degree security and a 60ft swimming pool, surrounded in reclaimed York stone and a tennis court.

+5

Back in February, George talked about Amal to host David Letterman, saying: 'She is sort of this remarkable human being and now mother'

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Amal talking about George and the twins in Vogue Empty Re: Amal talking about George and the twins in Vogue

Post by Joanna Tue 10 Apr 2018, 17:10

I like the "picture" of their huge bed being covered in 
all things baby !

I like it that George missed the twins so much that 
he had to FaceTime them when he was away 
from them for the first time.

And I like it that I too have a ship in a bottle !! LOL.
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Amal talking about George and the twins in Vogue Empty Re: Amal talking about George and the twins in Vogue

Post by PigPen Wed 11 Apr 2018, 13:44

where they enjoy 'pool parties until 3am'

Nice considerate neighbors, not.

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 11 Apr 2018, 13:57

Oh dear. Pigpen, the only neighbours who would be truly affected are the Theatre and attached restaurant and bar who share the island with them and the car park And on the opposite bank is a church graveyard behind a the church's wall. Locals say they hardly know they are there

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Wed 11 Apr 2018, 16:03

Disagree... in the dead of night----- sound travels. Especially a party.
JMO-- it must cost his nibbs plenty to play nice.  There have been printed items ( and NO I can't pin point them on AOH..lol) at restaurants  and so GC has paid for the other guests meals to make up for the disturbance.  I know you know the stories I mean.

JMO- he ain't all that considerate.. just throw $$ at the problem.

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 11 Apr 2018, 16:16

Some how, I think if George were having rowdy party's and disturbing the neighbors we would know.

Just like we heard there were neighbors who were bothered by the construction.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 11 Apr 2018, 16:30

George is one of the most thoughtful, considerate and generous people I’ve ever come across.  I do remember reading a story about George paying for a nearby table’s meal because his dinner table was being loud.  I don’t think I read that anyone was complaining as much as George felt obliged because he does care what others think. Other recent examples... apologizing and making amends for the construction in Sonning as annemarie mentioned, headphones for passengers on a plane who may deal with the twins’ crying, taking in a Yazidi refugee into his family’s home in Kentucky.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 12 Apr 2018, 05:16

Don't they live on an island, surrounded by trees and quite a way from any real neighbours?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down