George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George and Amal Clooney Welcome Twins EmptyToday at 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
George and Amal Clooney Welcome Twins EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George and Amal Clooney Welcome Twins EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George and Amal Clooney Welcome Twins EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George and Amal Clooney Welcome Twins EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George and Amal Clooney Welcome Twins EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George and Amal Clooney Welcome Twins EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George and Amal Clooney Welcome Twins EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George and Amal Clooney Welcome Twins EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George and Amal Clooney Welcome Twins

+13
Katiedot
janiebigham
Donnamarie
annemarie
carolhathaway
Joanna
LizzyNY
Sevens
Way2Old4Dis
amaretti
hathaross
Picachu
party animal - not!
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

George and Amal Clooney Welcome Twins Empty George and Amal Clooney Welcome Twins

Post by party animal - not! Tue 06 Jun 2017, 17:15

Okay guys!  Here they are! Welcome to the world, little ones!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Oh, and Barack Obama popped in to see them when he was in London.......

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George and Amal Clooney Welcome Twins Empty Re: George and Amal Clooney Welcome Twins

Post by Picachu Tue 06 Jun 2017, 17:38

so happy to hear this lovely news in such an awful time in the UK, all the best to George and Amal with their babies, what beautiful names they have given them and i love Stan's comment about George Smile

Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

George and Amal Clooney Welcome Twins Empty Re: George and Amal Clooney Welcome Twins

Post by hathaross Tue 06 Jun 2017, 17:39

Coming here to celebrate it with all you !!!

Our George is a DADDY !!!!!!!!!  cheers cheers cheers cheers Cheerleader Cheerleader Cheerleader Drink 3 Drink 3 Drink 3 Drink 3 Yahooooo Yahooooo Yahooooo Yahooooo Yahooooo

ELLA AND ALEXANDER !!!!   I love you I love you I love you I love you

"This morning Amal and George welcomed Ella and Alexander Clooney into their lives. Ella, Alexander and Amal are all healthy, happy and doing fine. George is sedated and should recover in a few days."    Thumbs up!   

I LOVE THEIR NAMES !!! AND I CANÑT WAIT TO SEE THEIR LITTLE PERCIOUS FACES AND GEORGE HOLDING THEM !!!  
hathaross
hathaross
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Tue 06 Jun 2017, 18:57

cheers  cheers  cheers           Hug1

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Tue 06 Jun 2017, 19:41

Yay!! Healthy babies!!! That's always the best part.

I hope they've been sleeping while they were hunkered in, and somebody took pictures of them doing it. It'll be the last they see for a while.

Fraternal twins are like any other siblings, just born at the same time and therefore competing for the same things and attention simultaneously. George needs a sustained-release, 25-year sedative. Oh, wait. He'll be 81 by then. Might interfere with all his other meds.

Congratulations, Clooneys!

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Tue 06 Jun 2017, 19:44

Great News! I LOVE YOU Ella and Alexander! Welcome to this world!
Is George really sick that he needs being sedated?
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Tue 06 Jun 2017, 19:46

Nah. I'm sure it's a joke.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 06 Jun 2017, 19:54

It's a joke now.....in a couple of months?????? Very Happy If they're not getting a nanny his life is about to get very, very different.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Tue 06 Jun 2017, 20:11

So they did choose the most popular names:
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 06 Jun 2017, 20:18

That's Wonderful News.....Thank you pan.

The names are great too.

So pleased all the waiting is over and that 
everything is good for The Clooney Family.

Love3
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Tue 06 Jun 2017, 20:25

Yeah It's about damn time!
They reported the due date is around the first week of June and the twins managed there in time. Healthy babies with everything going fine.
Otherwise I might have started getting worried.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Tue 06 Jun 2017, 20:40

YES! 
They were born on my birthday! Just great!
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Tue 06 Jun 2017, 20:48

Happy Birthday !! Lucky you carolhathaway, for getting Doug Ross,.... wait, sorry! LMAO  for sharing the same birthday day ! Razz  lol
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 06 Jun 2017, 21:44

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[size=34]It's a boy and a girl! George and Amal Clooney celebrate arrival of 'healthy and happy' twins

[/size]

• Amal, 39, gave birth to Ella and Alexander on Tuesday morning 

• Mother and babies are all 'doing fine'

• Dad George, 56, 'should recover in a few days,' his spokesperson joked 

• The couple are currently based in  Berkshire, England, where they own a home

• It was announced back in February that the happy couple were expecting twins

• They met in 2013 and were engaged in April 2014

• George and Amal married in September 2014 in Venice, Italy

By DAILYMAIL.COM REPORTER
PUBLISHED: 12:17 EDT, 6 June 2017 | UPDATED: 15:18 EDT, 6 June 2017

• [email=?subject=Read%20this:%20It%27s%20a%20boy%20and%20a%20girl!%20George%20and%20Amal%20Clooney%20celebrate%20arrival%20of%20%27healthy%20and%20happy%27%20twins%C2%A0&body=It%27s%20a%20boy%20and%20a%20girl%21%20George%20and%20Amal%20Clooney%20celebrate%20arrival%20of%20%27healthy%20and%20happy%27%20twins%C2%A0%0A%0A%27This%20morning%20Amal%20and%20George%20welcomed%20Ella%20and%20Alexander%20Clooney%20into%20their%20lives.%20Ella%2C%20Alexander%20and%20Amal%20are%20all%20healthy%2C%20happy%20and%20doing%20fine%2C%27%20a%20spokesperson%20said.%0A%0Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Ftvshowbiz%2Farticle-4577808%2FGeorge-Amal-Clooney-celebrate-arrival-twins.html%3Fito%3Demail_share_article-top%0A%0A%0AMost%20Read%20Articles%3A%0A%0ARihanna%20shows%20off%20her%20nipple%20piercing%20as%20she%20dances%20in%20sheer%20crop%20top%20while%20filming%20a%20sizzling%20music%20video%20in%20Miami...%20after%20breaking%20silence%20over%20fat%20shaming%20with%20hilarious%20meme%0Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Ftvshowbiz%2Farticle-4576890%2FRihanna-shows-nipple-piercing-sheer-top.html%3Fito%3Demail_share_article-top_most-read-articles%0A%0AWell%2C%20she%20is%20Beyonce%E2%80%99s%20child%21%20Blue%20Ivy%20steals%20the%20show%20as%20she%20gets%20into%20formation%20at%20dance%20recital%0Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Ftvshowbiz%2Farticle-4575190%2FBeyonce-s-daughter-Blue-Ivy-steals-dance-recital.html%3Fito%3Demail_share_article-top_most-read-articles%0A%0AIt%27s%20a%20boy%20and%20a%20girl%21%20George%20and%20Amal%20Clooney%20celebrate%20arrival%20of%20%27healthy%20and%20happy%27%20twins%C2%A0%0Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Ftvshowbiz%2Farticle-4577808%2FGeorge-Amal-Clooney-celebrate-arrival-twins.html%3Fito%3Demail_share_article-top_most-read-articles%0A%0A]e-mail[/email]

[size=32]5.1k[/size]shares

[size=32]1.2k[/size]

View comments

George and Amal Clooney have welcomed twins.
The human rights lawyer, 39, gave birth to a girl, Ella, and a boy, Alexander, on Tuesday morning in England.
'This morning Amal and George welcomed Ella and Alexander Clooney into their lives,' a spokesperson for the 56-year-old actor said in a statement.
'Ella, Alexander and Amal are all healthy, happy and doing fine.'

+15

Double the joy: George and Amal Clooney, pictured in Paris on February 24, have welcomed a baby boy and girl

+15

Support system: Amal's mother Baria Alamuddin was also spotted shopping in London, no doubt buying some gifts for new arrivals Ella and Alexander

WHAT'S IN A NAME? 

According to Nameberry.com: '[size=13]Ella rose from Number 265 in 2000 to a high of Number 15 in 2013 and is at Number 17 this year. Iconic singer Ella Fitzgerald adds a jazzy edge. One other appeal of Ella: It sounds both vintage and modern at the same time. John Travolta, the Warren Beatty, Ben Stiller, Eric Clapton, Jeff Gordon, Ioan Gruffudd, Alex Rodriguez, and Mark Wahlberg all have daughters called Ella.'
'Alexander has been in the Top 25 since 1991, and is still at a high Number 11. According to Greek legend, the first Alexander was Paris, who was given the nickname Alexander by the shepherds whose flocks he defended against robbers. He was followed by Alexander the Great, aka Alexander III, who conquered much of Asia. A royal name in Scotland, it is still highly popular there. Among the many notable Alexanders in history, standouts are Hamilton, Graham Bell, Fleming, Pope and Haig.'

The announcement ended with the quip: 'George is sedated and should recover in a few days.'
The couple welcomed the two new bundles of joy at London's Chelsea and Westminster Hospital.
Amal's mother Baria Alamuddin was also spotted shopping in London, no doubt buying some gifts for new arrivals Ella and Alexander.  
The stars are believed to have paid up to £8,520 ($11,000) for a private suite in the Kensington Wing according to a Tuesday report from Daily Mirror.
According to the publication, the women who stay in that section of the hospital can expect one-to-one midwife support as well as 24-hour consultant care. 
The facility also boasts an 'exclusive postnatal maternity suite' for the 'ultimate birthing experience' according to the hospital's site.
In addition the Kensington Wing boasts that it is the only private maternity hospital in London to be fully-accredited in the UNICEF Baby Friendly Initiative. 
The program acknowledges maternity units which adopt internationally recognized standard of best practice in care for both mothers and the children.

[/size]

+15

Stunning:The couple welcomed the two new bundles of joy at London's Chelsea and Westminster Hospital

+15

Quite the set-up: The stars are believed to have paid up to £8,520 ($11,000) for a private suite in the Kensington Wing according to a Tuesday report from Daily Mirror

+15

Touch of class: According to the publication, the women who stay in that section of the hospital can expect one-to-one midwife support as well as 24-hour consultant care

+15

This is a hospital? The facility also boasts an 'exclusive postnatal maternity suite' for the 'ultimate birthing experience' according to the hospital's site

+15

Nice duds: In addition the Kensington Wing boasts that it is the only private maternity hospital in London to be fully-accredited in the UNICEF Baby Friendly Initiative.

+15

Lounging: Pictured is one of the chairs in the ritzy wing
The proud new parents also seemed to pick out some very popular names as Ella - Norman form of Germanic name Alia - is the 17th most popular name for a female in the United States and 6th ranked in the UK.
Alexander - A Latinized form of the Greek name Alexandros - is the 11th ranked name for  male in the US and the 22nd in the UK. 
George skipped a humanitarian event last week while waiting for the birth. 
The actor joked that if his human rights lawyer wife had their twins while he attended the Aurora Prize for Awakening Humanity ceremony in Yerevan, Armenia on Sunday, he would not have been able to show his face at home.
Explaining his absence in a video message, George joked: 'I really would have been [in Yerevan] but if I came there and my wife had twins while I was there, I could never come home.' 

+15

Aww: 'This morning Amal and George welcomed Ella and Alexander Clooney into their lives,' a spokesperson for the 56-year-old actor said in a statement, as the couple are pictured together in Berkshire back in March

Look like a stud in Leather Crown like Amal

Leather Crown Spring/Summer 2017 Collection WLC167-021

Buy yours here!

Buy now

Amal Clooney traded in her Manolos for high tops while taking a stroll with her hubby. Amal wore a green parka over jeans and styled with a hat, aviators, and our personal favorite, Leather Crown sneakers.
These edgy shoes seem far off of Amal's style spectrum, but despite their distressed appearance, they are actually luxury Italian shoes.
These babies are from Leather Crown's Spring/Summer 2017 collection and feature a linen and suede upper with a leather insole and lining. Purposely battered to look vintage, Amal may have only wore these once, but she sure looks like she's made for the great outdoors!
You can get these shoes at the Leather Crown website (right). Or look below for covetable look

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 06 Jun 2017, 22:19

Just in time for George to have his first fathers day.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Tue 06 Jun 2017, 22:34

Annemarie,
when is Father's Day celebrated in the States?

Casamigos' instagram:

carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 06 Jun 2017, 23:33

Carol , it's on Sunday June 18th.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 07 Jun 2017, 00:06

Thanks PAN for breaking the news on COH! We can always count on you.

This is wonderful news. Two new Clooneys. So happy
for George and Amal. So glad all is well with the wee ones. Ella and Alexander. I love both names Give Flowers2

: I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you

Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 07 Jun 2017, 00:10

Absolute pleasure, Donnamarie.

Couldn't quite believe that when I saw the news, it was already four hours old!

(And Fathers Day is the same day in the UK!)

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by janiebigham Wed 07 Jun 2017, 01:57

So happy for them!!! Congratulations to the whole family!!!
janiebigham
janiebigham
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 07 Jun 2017, 04:32

[size=37]George and Amal Clooney Welcome Daughter Ella and Son Alexander[/size]

BY ELIZABETH LEONARD@LIZZLEONARD1 AND JEN JUNEAU@WORDSWITHJEN

George and Amal Clooney have welcomed twins!

“This morning Amal and George welcomed Ella and Alexander Clooney into their lives. Ella, Alexander and Amal are all healthy, happy and doing fine. George is sedated and should recover in a few days,” the new parents of two say in a statement.

A source close to the couple’s family tells PEOPLE, “This is very good news. We’re very, very happy. George is going to be a great father of twins.”

Amal’s boss, Geoffrey Robertson QC of Doughty Street Chambers, also tells PEOPLE he is elated for the couple: “All I can say is that it’s a great co-production.”

Sources confirmed in February that the Oscar-winning actor-director and the international human-rights lawyer were expecting. George, 56, Amal, 39, and their families are “all very happy,” a source said at the time.
The two-time Sexiest Man Alive — and first-time father — opened up for the first time in late February about having twins on the way, saying with a smile during an interview with Laurent Weil on his French program Rencontres de Cinéma, “We are really happy and really excited. It’s going to be an adventure.”

Added the then-dad-to-be, “We’ve sort of embraced it all … with arms wide open.”

Matt Damon spoke up soon after the news broke about his longtime pal becoming a father, telling Entertainment Tonight Canada, “I was working with him last fall and he pulled me aside on set and I mean, I almost started crying. I was so happy for him.”
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][url=https://pinterest.com/pin/create/button/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fpeople.com%2Fbabies%2Fgeorge-clooney-amal-clooney-welcome-twins%2F&media=https%3A%2F%2Fpeopledotcom.files.wordpress.com%2F2017%2F01%2Fgeorge-clooney1.jpg%3Fw%3D1563&description=Dave Benett%2FGetty][/url]DAVE BENETT/GETTY

The Clooneys wed in September 2014 in Venice, Italy, surrounded by loved ones. The star-studded list of around 100 guests included friends such as Damon, Cindy CrawfordEmily Blunt and Bono.

Following the glamorous weekend nuptials, George told PEOPLE that being married “feels pretty damn great.”
RELATED: George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin: Inside Their Love Story

Since the news broke, the couple have stayed relatively private about Amal’s pregnancy.

The human rights attorney made her first event appearance following the news in late February, when she accompanied her husband to the 42nd César Awards in Paris. Amal wore a white strapless fitted sheath dress featuring an ombré feathered bottom, her baby bump just visible under her ensemble.

“It is a great honor for us to be here. It’s the first time we’re in Paris together so it’s a bit of a romantic weekend for us,” she told French reporters at the time.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][url=https://pinterest.com/pin/create/button/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fpeople.com%2Fbabies%2Fgeorge-clooney-amal-clooney-welcome-twins%2F&media=https%3A%2F%2Fpeopledotcom.files.wordpress.com%2F2017%2F02%2Famal-clooney-5.jpg%3Fw%3D1365&description=BERTRAND GUAY%2FAFP%2FGetty][/url]BERTRAND GUAY/AFP/GETTY
Following the pair’s date night at the prestigious event, they were spotted shopping at the Parisian family-run furniture showroom Baudou, where a staffer told PEOPLE the “very friendly and very, very elegant” Amal was “looking exclusively at cribs and nursery furniture.”

In March, the high-profile attorney visited the United Nations to deliver a profound speech, calling for the Iraqi government‘s investigation into genocidal crimes committed by ISIS.

Later that month, Amal stepped out in London to participate in a discussion about international crimes in Iraq and Syria at Chatham House, the Royal Institute of International Affairs. The then-mom-to-be opted for a long-sleeved red dress and knee-length beige coat over her growing bump.

George and Amal have spent a good deal of time in England, being snapped multiple times near their countryside mansion west of London — where they have been quietly nesting in preparation for their twins‘ arrival.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][url=https://pinterest.com/pin/create/button/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fpeople.com%2Fbabies%2Fgeorge-clooney-amal-clooney-welcome-twins%2F&media=https%3A%2F%2Fpeopledotcom.files.wordpress.com%2F2017%2F02%2Fgeorge-clooney2.jpg%3Fw%3D1678&description=Splash News Online][/url]SPLASH NEWS ONLINE
RELATED: George and Amal Clooney Expecting Twins

George admitted naming wasn’t exactly his strong suit, joking to Entertainment Tonight in March in reference to his tequila company, “My wife says I can’t name [the twins] Casa and Amigos. That’s the one thing I’m not allowed to do.”

Crawford and her husband, George’s Casamigos business partner Rande Gerber, used the opportunity to poke a little fun at the actor, gifting him and Amal with two onesies reading “CASA” and “MIGOS.”

Luckily, the star did have one skill down pat: “I know swaddling,” he told Extra in March. “I know what I’m in for.”
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][url=https://pinterest.com/pin/create/button/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fpeople.com%2Fbabies%2Fgeorge-clooney-amal-clooney-welcome-twins%2F&media=https%3A%2F%2Fpeopledotcom.files.wordpress.com%2F2017%2F05%2Fgeorge-clooney.jpg%3Fw%3D1195&description=Rande Gerber%2FInstagram][/url]RANDE GERBER/INSTAGRAM
In all seriousness, the Ocean’s Eight star was “excited but nervous” about becoming a first-time dad, a source close to the couple’s inner circle told PEOPLE in February.

“He is excited about the kids, but also has the normal amount of nerves that come with being parents,” the source continued.

Added another insider, Amal “strikes me as someone who’ll be a fantastic mother. Intelligent, loving, funny, smart, nurturing. She doesn’t seem someone who will let kids get away with being Hollywood children.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][url=https://pinterest.com/pin/create/button/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fpeople.com%2Fbabies%2Fgeorge-clooney-amal-clooney-welcome-twins%2F&media=https%3A%2F%2Fpeopledotcom.files.wordpress.com%2F2017%2F02%2Famal-clooney-23.jpg%3Fw%3D2000&description=TeamB%2FSplash News Online][/url]TEAMB/SPLASH NEWS ONLINE
RELATED: How George and Amal Clooney’s “Thrilled” Families Reacted to Twins News
A source on the set of George’s recent movie Suburbicon told PEOPLE the star, who hadn’t yet revealed the pregnancy news, hinted that he was going to take some time off work.

“That would be very rare for him, but now it all adds up,” the set source said. “He’s going to be the best dad.”
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 07 Jun 2017, 04:51

If you're in Augusta, KY, then it's party time!

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Wed 07 Jun 2017, 05:44

That picture...Is that truly their feet held by hands of G&A?
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 07 Jun 2017, 05:45

No, it's a stock photo
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by benex Wed 07 Jun 2017, 07:32

I'm so excited and I can't deny it

Last edited by benex on Wed 07 Jun 2017, 07:36; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : add)
benex
benex
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 07 Jun 2017, 07:49

Me too! I had such a strong feeling that the birth was happening on Monday that I was really disappointed when there wasn't any news. I guess I was a day early!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Wed 07 Jun 2017, 08:59

Celebrities congratulations:
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Wed 07 Jun 2017, 09:21

They can apply dual citizenship for the twins:
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 07 Jun 2017, 13:12

sunny ☀So glad they're finally here and all went well. I'm sure all they want to do is go home and cuddle with their little miracles, but I'd love to see the babies. I keep wondering who they look like, although you can't really tell this early. I know they probably want to keep the twins out of the public eye - I know I would - but I still hope someone sneaks a photo out soon.  Embarassed

PS - Happy Birthday, Carolhathaway! Give Flowers
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 07 Jun 2017, 14:10

I have had mixed feelings also of getting a peek of the little ones. On the one hand I appreciate how much George and Amal want to shield the babies from the spotlight. But George understands the media so well. The paps will be falling over themselves to get those first pics. So he may offer up an official photo to possibly People Magazine. I'm sure he has had requests from media outlets for exclusives to the first photos.

Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Wed 07 Jun 2017, 14:34

I'd love to see a picture too, but the practice of selling baby photos to magazines rubs me the wrong way. A couple of pictures released on Tala's instagram would be lovely, and normal; lord knows, my Facebook friends were inundated with photos of my niece when she was born. From a practical standpoint, they have to release something to keep the paparazzi at bay, and I'd think one has to be George holding them, because that's the million dollar shot paps will hound them for. If they release it on their own they take the bounty off the babies' heads.
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Wed 07 Jun 2017, 14:38

Statements of Amal's parents:

George and Amal Clooney welcome birth of twins

WEDNESDAY JUNE 7 2017

email print

US actor George Clooneyand his wife Amal Clooney at the 69th Cannes Film Festival in Cannes, southern France on May 12, 2016. The glamorous power couple on Tuesday announced they had become parents at last, to twins. PHOTO | AFP 

In Summary

"This morning Amal and George welcomed Ella and Alexander Clooney into their lives," said a publicist for the 56-year-old star of "Gravity" and "Ocean's 11.""Ella, Alexander and Amal are all healthy, happy and doing fine," added publicist Stan Rosenfield, joking that "George is sedated and should recover in a few days."

ADVERTISEMENT

By AFP
More by this Author

LOS ANGELES

Never known to do things by halves, George and Amal Clooney, one of the most glamorous power couples in the world, on Tuesday announced they had become parents at last, to twins.

"This morning Amal and George welcomed Ella and Alexander Clooney into their lives," said a publicist for the 56-year-old star of "Gravity" and "Ocean's 11."

"Ella, Alexander and Amal are all healthy, happy and doing fine," added publicist Stan Rosenfield, joking that "George is sedated and should recover in a few days."

Amal's parents, who are Lebanese, told AFP they were elated by the news and that everything had gone smoothly.

"We are over the moon," said Amal's mother Baria, speaking from London where she was in hospital with her daughter. "It was a beautiful delivery. The babies are beautiful and are doing well."

Amal's father Ramzi Alamuddin, reached in Beirut, said he had spoken with his daughter and son-in-law after the twins' birth and hoped to travel to London soon to meet them.

"They are in great health, all is perfect. I am very happy for them," he said, predicting the couple "will be great parents."

Oscar-winner Clooney was once one of Hollywood's hottest bachelors before falling for the stunning 39-year-old Lebanese-British human rights barrister. They married in 2014 in Venice, in a lavish wedding attended by A-listers and closely covered by media outlets from around the globe.

GOOD NEWS FOR HUMANITY 

News of the twins' birth set social media abuzz on Tuesday with many commenting on the classic names picked for the baby boy and girl.

"Amal Clooney gives birth to twins with beautiful, average names," read one tweet.

"I usually eschew celebrity news, but George and Amal Clooney having twins (boy & girl) seems like good news for humanity on some tiny level," another twitter user noted.

"Welcome to the world, Ella and Alexander Clooney," said US talk show host Ellen DeGeneres. "Congratulations, George and Amal, or as I'm now calling you, Ocean's Four."

Amal was born in Lebanon before her family moved to Britain when she was three years old.

After her wedding to Clooney, she threw her legal clout and celebrity behind a series of high-profile causes including Britain's possible restitution of the Elgin Marbles to Greece.

She has also defended the cause of young Yazidi women who were abused by fighters of the Islamic State jihadist group.

Past clients include former Ukrainian prime minister Yulia Tymoshenko and Australian Wikileaks founder Julian Assange.

She defended Al-Jazeera reporter Mohamed Fahmy after he was jailed in Egypt and was part of the legal team for former Maldives president Mohamed Nasheed following his toppling in 2012. 

Actor, director and producer George was married to actress Talia Balsam from 1989 to 1993, before his role in hit television series "ER" propelled him to international stardom.

He first met Amal in Italy in 2013 through a mutual friend and admitted to chasing her for months before she agreed to a date.

"From the minute we met, we just sort of felt like we were going to be together," he once told DeGeneres.

He said he popped the question six months after the pair started dating.

The silver-haired actor has won a slew of top awards including an Oscar for best supporting actor in "Syriana" in 2006 and a 2013 best picture award as producer for "Argo."

He also garnered Golden Globes as best actor in the Coen Brothers' "O' Brother Where Art Thou" in 2001 and Alexander Payne's "The Descendants" in 2012.

Another power couple, pop superstar Beyonce and rapper husband Jay Z are also expecting twins later this year.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Wed 07 Jun 2017, 14:46

I alsp have mixed feelings about the wish to see pics of the babies and respecting the family's privacy.

Missa, since they're not using social medias themselves, I wouldn't understand if they published pics there. 
I'm not a fan of selling pics to magazines, and I have no idea how much they got for their wedding photos, but I recently checked about Brangelinas first twin photos. They were sold for $ 14,000,000! Which is an absurd amount of money, but just think about all the good that could be done with that money...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Wed 07 Jun 2017, 15:35

The Brangelina pics were almost 10 years ago though, before social media was what it is now. There were't a lot of options for getting those first photos out, if only to get ahead of the press and not allow some paparazzi to make millions off your babies. I mentioned releasing pics on Amal's sister's instagram, where we've seen pics of Millie before, because a proud, excited aunt sharing pictures of her niece and nephew is a pretty typical use of social media. And really, they don't need the money. $14 million is a drop in the bucket compared to what he makes on tequila alone in a given year.

I am kind of curious what the going rate for photos of George Clooney and his babies would be though...
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Wed 07 Jun 2017, 17:22

Missa, I guess we'll have to wait and see when and how pics will be released, up to now it's just guessing...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 07 Jun 2017, 17:27

I'm betting that there'll be one pic of the four of them the fee for which will go their favourite charities. And I'm guessing it will be for a HUGE amount........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Wed 07 Jun 2017, 17:43

Paps are going to take tons of photos of them so why not "sell" it, like the wedding, and use that money for charity! 

So both dark hair, Alex George´s nose....  I love you I love you I love you so maybe they are not very identical ! 
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I don´t know if I can´t wait for the first picture of them !!
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 07 Jun 2017, 18:00

I don't have a problem with them releasing the pictures and getting paid, lets face it who ever sells the first photos will make a lot of money and the Clooney's won't receive a dime. 
I think them giving the money to charity would be a wonderful thing to do.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 07 Jun 2017, 21:24

Very good point annemarie. Better the $ goes to a good cause.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Wed 07 Jun 2017, 21:35

Belated Happy Birthday, CarolH!

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by benex Wed 07 Jun 2017, 22:26

benex
benex
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hebe2 Wed 07 Jun 2017, 23:03

Glad to hear of the safe arrival of the babies. I like the names Ella and Alexander. They are timeless names. I wonder if they have any middle names too.

By the way, George and Amal, I'm available for babysitting if you're stuck and I have lots of experience with babies. My terms are very reasonable too.

Hebe2
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 08 Jun 2017, 06:13

I hope they do release a few pictures to the media because eventually someone will get a photo and make huge amounts of money from it so much better it's George and Amal who get the money because I'm certain George would put it straight into one of his charities.

It's ridiculous the amount of money these kind of photos are worth, so much better IMO that it go to charity and not some paparazzi.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Thu 08 Jun 2017, 06:23

By the way:
Thanks for all your congratulations on my birthday!
I hadn't told anybody here if these two little ones hadn't arrived the same day sunny.
But that's something special to remember...

Last edited by carolhathaway on Thu 08 Jun 2017, 06:25; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : can't spell...)
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by benex Thu 08 Jun 2017, 19:15

benex
benex
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Thu 08 Jun 2017, 19:28

These videos of celebrities reacting remind me of a Tina Fey bit where she talks bout the weird questions you get on red carpets, like "How do you feel about Charlie Sheen going to rehab?": "Um, I don't know Charlie Sheen, but good luck, I guess?" I can see asking people like Nicole Kidman, who know George personally, but it just seems kind of awkward to make "Please comment on a random celebrity's personal life" the staple of your red carpet coverage at an event.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by benex Wed 14 Jun 2017, 17:28

[size=36]George Clooney "Melted" in the Delivery Room After the Birth of His Twins (EXCLUSIVE)[/size]
Today at 9:06 am
By In Touch Weekly

Share! 

[size]
Baby bliss!
George Clooney and his wife Amal Clooney just welcomed twins last week, and even though the former bachelor swore he’d never remarry or have children, he clearly changed his mind when he met his gorgeous wife! Now, sources reveal to In Touch that the 56-year-old actor immediately turned into a doting father when he witnessed their birth — and the new dad got extremely emotional when he met his babies for the first time!
“He just melted. He couldn’t say anything,” says an insider. “George knew he was going to get emotional, but this was just ridiculous. He was completely overwhelmed, crying tears of joy.”
[/size]
(Photo Credit: Getty Images)
[size]
MORE: Tori Roloff Dishes on Baby Jackson on His 1-Month Birthday: “He’s Growing Like a Champ!”
Amal gave birth to daughter Ella and son Alexander via a planned C-section on Tuesday, June 6 in London. The new family of four is planning to stay in England for a little while longer before they decide to bring them over to the United States, but an insider explains that friends and family are more than welcome to visit Ella and Alexander at the Clooney home.
George’s 83-year-old father Nick and 78-year-old mother Nina have yet to meet their grandchildren in person, but they have seen them via Skype from the comfort of their home in Kentucky, and Nick couldn’t help but gush over his grandbabies.
[/size]
(Photo Credit: Getty Images)
[size]
“The babies are just beautiful. They have dark hair,” Nick tells In Touch. “Nina swears…the little boy looks like he has [George’s nose].”
In Touch previously revealed that George and Amal were expecting twins back in January, and a close friend of the attorney said that even they were surprised that they would be welcoming not one, but two bundles of joy.
"When George and Amal found out it was twins they were surprised, but also a little scared because they both had said that one was enough,” the source revealed at the time.
But now that they’re here, both Amal and George are completely over the moon. Congrats to the happy family![/size]
benex
benex
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Thu 15 Jun 2017, 18:07

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Clooney Looked Like Dr. Ross from ER in His Scrubs for the Twins' Delivery

BY ELIZABETH LEONARD•@LIZZLEONARD1

POSTED ON JUNE 15, 2017 AT 12:10PM EDT

SHARETWEETEMAIL

BERTRAND GUAY/AFP/GETTY

Sure, George Clooney has a tad more gray hair since he donned hospital scrubs as the handsome Dr. Doug Ross in the hit ’90s medical drama ER.

But according to Amal Clooney‘s mother Baria Alamuddin, the new dad can still pull off the look after all these years.

“It was special to see George wearing the blue hospital gown similar to the one he wore in ER,” Baria, who was on hand for the June 6 birth of twins Ella andAlexander, tells PEOPLE in the magazine’s new issue.

Want all the latest pregnancy and birth announcements, plus celebrity mom blogs? Click here to get those and more in the PEOPLE Babies newsletter.

SVEN ARNSTEIN/NBC/NBCU PHOTO BANK/GETTY

RELATED VIDEO: Smitten Grandpa Nick Clooney Says George and Amal’s Twins Are “Perfect, Picture-Postcard Babies”

Play Video

Smitten Grandpa Nick Clooney Says George and Amal’s Twins Are ‘Perfect, Picture-Postcard Babies’

Proud Parents George & Amal Shared Sweet Moments With Twins' Grandparents Nick & Nina Clooney

In the months leading up to the delivery, George himself referenced his ERtraining grounds.

Asked in March how he’d fare with two kids, the star deadpanned to E! News, “I played a pediatrician on ER, so I know how to work on extra children … If there’s any accidents, I’m there. I’m the guy.”

True to form, George also brought his signature good-natured personality to the delivery room. “He’s always joking, always smiling — his spirits are just unbelievable,” Baria says.

Last edited by carolhathaway on Thu 15 Jun 2017, 18:09; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : deleted rubbish, added link)
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Thu 15 Jun 2017, 18:18

Sorry, the above link doesn't work, I guess I messed it up...

carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 15 Jun 2017, 21:51

You've done great CarolHathaway!  Thanks for all your hard work!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next