George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George and Amal Clooney at the March for our Lives EmptyWed 08 May 2024, 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
George and Amal Clooney at the March for our Lives EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George and Amal Clooney at the March for our Lives EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George and Amal Clooney at the March for our Lives EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George and Amal Clooney at the March for our Lives EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George and Amal Clooney at the March for our Lives EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George and Amal Clooney at the March for our Lives EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George and Amal Clooney at the March for our Lives EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George and Amal Clooney at the March for our Lives EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George and Amal Clooney at the March for our Lives

+7
What Would He Say
hairyhound
benex
annemarie
Doug Ross
party animal - not!
ladybugcngc
11 posters

Go down

George and Amal Clooney at the March for our Lives Empty Re: George and Amal Clooney at the March for our Lives

Post by ladybugcngc Sat 24 Mar 2018, 17:55

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sat, 24 March 2018 at 1:13 pm

George & Amal Clooney March Alongside Students at March For Our Lives in D.C.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

George Clooney and Amal Clooney step out to march alongside the Parkland students at the March For Our Lives on Saturday (March 24) in Washington, D.C.

The married couple were among the first celebs to pledge a massive donation of $500,000 to help the student organizers plan the march.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of George Clooney

Amal and I are so inspired by the courage and eloquence of these young men and women from Stoneman Douglas High School,” George said in a statement to announce the donation last month. “Our family will be there on March 24 to stand side by side with this incredible generation of young people from all over the country, and in the name of our children Ella and Alexander, we’re donating 500,000 dollars to help pay for this groundbreaking event. Our children’s lives depend on it.”

Read the letter that he wrote to the Parkland students this week.

Credit: Kevin Mazur; Photos: Getty

Posted to: Amal Alamuddin Clooney, George Clooney, March for Our Lives
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

George and Amal Clooney at the March for our Lives Empty Re: George and Amal Clooney at the March for our Lives

Post by ladybugcngc Sat 24 Mar 2018, 18:16

[size=42]eorge & Amal Clooney Show Support for Gun Violence Prevention at D.C. March For Our Lives Event

[/size]
People
Ale Russian  1 hr ago 

George Clooney and Amal Clooney joined the thousands of people marching on Washington D.C. for gun violence prevention.

The actor, 56, and his humanitarian lawyer wife, 40, supported the Stoneman Douglas High School shooting survivors at the March For Our Lives event on Saturday.

The couple previously announced they made a $500,000 donation to the even in the name of their 9-month-old twins Ella and Alexander shortly after the Parkland, Florida, shooting survivors set the plans. George praised the survivors of the Stoneman Douglas High School shooting for their bravery in a statement to PEOPLE at the time.

Since then, George also went on to pen a letter to Parkland students printed in The Guardian the day before the event emphasizing that “Amal and I are 100% behind you.”
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]©️ Kevin Mazur/Getty Images George and Amal Clooney at the march
“Congratulations on the incredible work you and all of your fellow students are doing to make the country a safer place,” he continued.

“We both feel very strongly that this is your march. Your moment. Young people are taking it to the adults and that has been your most effective tool,” George wrote. “The fact that no adults will speak on the stage in DC is a powerful message to the world that if we can’t do something about gun violence then you will.”

Addressing his letter to Eagle Eye — Stoneman Douglas’ newsmagazine — co-editors Emma Dowd, Lauren Newman and Rebecca, George urged all young people involved to seize this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

“You make me proud of my country again,” he concluded.

RELATED PHOTOS: See All the Moving Images from March for Our Lives

This is just the latest philanthropic cause the Clooneys have supported through The Clooney Foundation for Justice. The foundation, co-founded by the couple in 2016, works to advance justice in courtrooms, classrooms and communities around the world. The foundation recently partnered up withUNICEF to open seven public schools for Syrian refugees in Amal’s native Lebanon.

George and Amal also donated $1 million through the foundation to the Southern Poverty Law Center, a nonprofit organization monitoring the activities of domestic hate groups and other extremists, after the deadly “Unite the Right” rally in Charlottesville, Virginia.

The “March for Our Lives” event is the first time little Ella and Alexander are part of their parents’ charitable actions. George made sure to mention them in his initial statement and drove home the point of gun violence prevention with a powerful sentiment: “Our children’s lives depend on it.”

The actor has been vocal about what it’s been like becoming a parent for the first time and his desire for his kids to grow up aware of the world around them even though they were born more privileged.

“Just because you happen to have been born into a sort of lucky situation in many ways, certainly not into poverty and into some place of luxury, you want to make sure they’re empathetic and compassionate,” he said. “That they learn all the things I was taught as a young man about how we’re only successful as a country as the people who are least successful. I think that’s going to be a challenge, to constantly remind our kids that being born in one place doesn’t give you the right to just ignore everyone else’s difficulties.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]© Kevin Mazur/Getty Images
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 24 Mar 2018, 19:07

More photos on Getty..............

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 24 Mar 2018, 19:18

George and Oprah for all the water supplies........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Sat 24 Mar 2018, 19:31

Wonderful find PAN!!!

The Getty pictures are AMAZING!!!
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 24 Mar 2018, 20:06

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 24 Mar 2018, 21:28

Great, Benex! Excellent shots. Amazing event

And the girl in front of them in the first pic is Samantha Barry, Amal's friend who's now editor of Glamour magazine.......

Trivia observation.....Amal must be wearing sensible shoes.......

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Sat 24 Mar 2018, 21:56

George's sister, Ada, was also there; Lysa posted a pic with her.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (George and Ama are saying something but I can't understand them)

Last edited by Doug Ross on Sat 24 Mar 2018, 22:05; edited 2 times in total

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Sat 24 Mar 2018, 22:04

party animal - not! wrote:Great, Benex! Excellent shots. Amazing event
I agree PAN, 

It's nice to see George Clooney's eye's in the pictures where he's not wearing sunglasses.

[size=13]party animal - not!

[/size]And the girl in front of them in the first pic is Samantha Barry, Amal's friend who's now editor of Glamour magazine.......

Trivia observation.....Amal must be wearing sensible shoes....... 

I'm sure the Daily Mail and/or Amal's fashion blogger will let us know Smile .

I have to admit George Clooney and Amal Clooney still look like the couple I can only find in Hollywood fairytales.  It's wonderful to see them out and about.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 24 Mar 2018, 22:37

Amal is wearing boots getty has full length pictures up now.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by benex Sat 24 Mar 2018, 22:38

benex
benex
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Sat 24 Mar 2018, 23:35

benex wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

In this picture it looks like George Clooney's eyes are going in different directions.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 25 Mar 2018, 00:18

To me it looks like he is looking straight ahead.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

George and Amal Clooney at the March for our Lives Empty George and Amal Clooney at the March for our Lives

Post by hairyhound Sun 25 Mar 2018, 02:51

hairyhound
hairyhound
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sun 25 Mar 2018, 11:42

I can’t put my finger on it... I am just not comfortable with this.... The donation, though kindly  meant, somehow does not rest easy with me...If it had been done anonymously it would be a different story...

I still feel as I always have that this was a misstep....I am sure George would have made a good fist of things and let his charm and personality warm everyone.... but that was not what it was all about....

Also, we are aware of the Kardashian’s, famous for being famous by way of being Headline Hunters and Gatherers  (the march being right up their alley)!...all people should have steered clear of this association.....

Last edited by What Would He Say on Sun 25 Mar 2018, 12:11; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Sp)
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 25 Mar 2018, 12:04

This is from the Twitter feed of the man who organised it all........

just as he did at Manchester Arena

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 25 Mar 2018, 12:58

I think this event was great everyone should be proud of what they did yesterday. 

The celebrities are citizens so they helped in the way they could with financial support. Also by being there to show their support not as celebs but as American Citizens who care about others unlike the idiot in the White House.

I loved one of the signs It said , one of the easiest things to buy other than a AR 57 is a republican

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sun 25 Mar 2018, 13:05

The event yes... and the student speeches simply breathtaking... The celebrity endorsers.... no....needless...
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 25 Mar 2018, 13:45

Have to say that I screamed when I saw Kardashians there - when they apparently had no input to the event but quite liked the attention, but all credit to George for not giving any interviews - and in a way the most attention for celebrity has now fallen Paul McCartney's way, understandably.

Like the orange ribbons folks wore in remembrance.....Amal had one and she must have some awful memories....

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 25 Mar 2018, 14:03

If you go back in our history celebs as citizens have always gotten involved in these marches. 

They are citizens first and celebs second to me anyway. 

If all people  can talk about is the celebs being involved that says to me you weren't interested in what these kids had to say.

The only thing that mattered yesterday is those kids and what they are trying to accomplish. 

Not who gave the money or even the celebs that were there.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 25 Mar 2018, 22:17

(Since we're talking about who attended, I'll put this here instead of one of the other threads.) Who organized and attended the demonstrations in other countries? Were they organized/attended mostly by American ex-pats and tourists? I was blown away by all the support around the world by for what is basically only an issue in the US. Amazing!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Sun 25 Mar 2018, 22:49

I heard that there was one organized in Rome and an american family, whose son is studying abroad there, joined it.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 25 Mar 2018, 23:07

Yes Lizzy that this reached around the world was totally amazing, I don't remember ever seeing this happen any other time.
The pope even tweeted the kids.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 25 Mar 2018, 23:17

This is what happened in London:

It was led by three American expats living here and it was based around the new American Embassy.......unfortunately still a bit of a building site

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 26 Mar 2018, 00:17

Thanks, PAN. It seems like American students/ex-pats coordinated with the movement organizers here thru the internet and got things going overseas - with help from so many people who sympathize with the movement. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that so many want to help since everyone else handles this issue so much more intelligently than we do.

The important thing now is that the movement doesn't lose momentum.  The right wing NRA apologists are trying to derail the momentum by depicting the Parkland students as just a bunch of immature kids who are enjoying all the attention they're getting. It's disgusting!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 26 Mar 2018, 01:52

Coincidentally I met a British woman at the march and we talked quite a bit about the march, gun safety, and Trump.  And I made this exact comment to her.  I was amazed that there were marches going on all over Europe.  And it’s not even their issue.  She said in her opinion Europeans and the Brits have never understood our gun culture and as allies to the U.S. they would like to see it change for the betterment of our country.  Seems the Europeans really respect what these American kids are doing.  They get it and wanted to support their message.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 26 Mar 2018, 05:25

Great shot of the whole family:

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Mon 26 Mar 2018, 06:48

LizzyNY wrote:(Since we're talking about who attended, I'll put this here instead of one of the other threads.) Who organized and attended the demonstrations in other countries? Were they organized/attended mostly by American ex-pats and tourists? I was blown away by all the support around the world by for what is basically only an issue in the US. Amazing!

Lizzy,
I tried to find out about the marches in Germany (there were eight if them, taking place in Berlin, Munich, Hamburg, Cologne, Frankfurt and several smaller cities). The march in Berlin were organized by 'American Voices Abroad', a group which started after the anti-war rallies concerning the 2nd Iraq war in 2003. I don't know about the other marches in Germany.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 26 Mar 2018, 13:15

Carolhathaway, thanks for trying. I was just curious. It seems that the kids' March For Our Lives message reached a lot of people who really have no reason to care, except that they're decent human beings who feel sorry for us. Too bad our politicians don't get it!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 26 Mar 2018, 14:27

Not only the politicians but some citizens don't get it.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 26 Mar 2018, 15:12

Brilliant article from Vanity Fair.......following a less well known pupil for the day....

And here's something really depressing......

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 26 Mar 2018, 16:03

PAN - I think what a lot of people don't understand is that, even though some very vocal people are for totally outlawing guns in the US, most are not. The 2nd Amendment grants the right to bear arms and if done responsibly and according to the law most of us can live with that.

It's the refusal to take measures to make gun owners act responsibly that infuriates so many of us. They're so afraid that someone is going to take all their guns away and then they'll be powerless - against what? God only knows.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 26 Mar 2018, 16:55

It's as if the guns make them fanatical isn't it? And for them to be so freely available must just compound things........as many of them have said themselves they're not allowed to have a drink but they can buy a gun!

I wonder if there's an association with patriotism.....we know how the NRA seems embedded into society. Amazon have still not abandoned their streaming of the NRA channel........for some maybe it has the same effect as advertising......say it often enough and it's true........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Mon 26 Mar 2018, 17:42

I don't see Amal's extended family in the crowd.  I've read Amal's uncle is an arm's dealer.  Does anybody know if that's true?  If so, is that her mother or father's brother?
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 26 Mar 2018, 19:03

party animal - not! wrote:It's as if the guns make them fanatical isn't it? And for them to be so freely available must just compound things........as many of them have said themselves they're not allowed to have a drink but they can buy a gun!

I wonder if there's an association with patriotism.....we know how the NRA seems embedded into society. Amazon have still not abandoned their streaming of the NRA channel........for some maybe it has the same effect as advertising......say it often enough and it's true........
PAN - There are so many things that factor into this issue. Some people are just stubborn. They have this right and they've dug in their heels to keep it. They're the ones who wrap themselves in the flag.

Others just love guns and shooting things. These people go to gun ranges or target shoot or go hunting. They feel they're responsible gun owners (and most of them are) and don't see why they should be punished for something they'd never do. IMO they're the most likely to agree with limitations on guns.

There are some truly paranoid people who fear for their lives and feel they must be armed to survive. These are the Trump supporters who believe all his lies. He encourages their fear every time he opens his mouth. Law enforcement is out to get you. Immigrants are out to get you, and on and on.

And then there are the unstable, unsafe gun lovers - the immature troubled teen or the mentally impaired nut case - the creatures who seem only more empowered with every mass shooting. The more attention they get, the more of them that seem to crawl out of the woodwork.

We used to be able to agree on how to handle this issue. Sanity and safety over selfishness and paranoia. But now we have a selfish, paranoid president who feeds the problem instead of trying to solve it and a Congress that lives to kiss his butt.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Tue 27 Mar 2018, 15:56

I don't see Amal's extended family in the crowd.  I've read Amal's uncle is an arm's dealer.  Does anybody know if that's true?  If so, is that her mother or father's brother?
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down