George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Why Young Women Need To Be More Like Amal Clooney EmptyWed 08 May 2024, 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
Why Young Women Need To Be More Like Amal Clooney EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Why Young Women Need To Be More Like Amal Clooney EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Why Young Women Need To Be More Like Amal Clooney EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Why Young Women Need To Be More Like Amal Clooney EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Why Young Women Need To Be More Like Amal Clooney EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Why Young Women Need To Be More Like Amal Clooney EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Why Young Women Need To Be More Like Amal Clooney EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Why Young Women Need To Be More Like Amal Clooney EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Why Young Women Need To Be More Like Amal Clooney

+4
Donnamarie
annemarie
ladybugcngc
Admin
8 posters

Go down

Why Young Women Need To Be More Like Amal Clooney Empty Why Young Women Need To Be More Like Amal Clooney

Post by Admin Mon 26 Feb 2018, 04:08

Meh.  Puff piece.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Why Young Women Need To Be More Like Amal Clooney

Wouldn't you want George to mention you in an acceptance speech?

I can remember the day like it was yesterday.

My mother had just come home from the supermarket with a bag of groceries and magazines in her hand. As she was getting settled and starting to put stuff away, I was sitting in the kitchen and glancing at the cover of People Magazine. They printed a story about how George Clooney proposed to a woman named Amal.

"Huh, George Clooney is finally getting married," I commented to my mother while flipping through the pages to find the article.

My mother turned around and looked at me with one of the saddest expressions I have ever seen on her face to this day.

"It is awful and tragic, but she is a woman that deserves a man like George Clooney," my mother said, and continued what she was doing.

After the conversation with my mom, I decided to do a little bit of research about this woman who managed to capture the heart of a man, who had said multiple times he never saw himself getting married. Yes, Amal was beautiful, but George Clooney had dated many attractive women before. What made her so different?

Through my research, I found out a lot about what made Amal Alamuddin Clooney so different. For starters, unlike many of George Clooney's past girlfriends who have been models, actresses or just part of Hollywood's elite, she has a prominent career as a lawyer and has represented world leaders. She is known for her philanthropy work.

More young women need to start taking a page out of her book. Rather than focus on being a size 0 or wearing the latest fashion trends, they should be focused on educating themselves and being kind. According to the popular dating website eHarmony.com, men look for women who are emotionally mature and independent.

Young women today need to work on improving themselves and their name before ending up in a relationship. Build your empire before helping someone else build theirs or find someone who can help you become a better person. Never settle for the man around the corner who calls you cute every once in awhile. Find your George Clooney.
[/size]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Why Young Women Need To Be More Like Amal Clooney Empty Re: Why Young Women Need To Be More Like Amal Clooney

Post by ladybugcngc Mon 26 Feb 2018, 04:59

Razz    Yahooooo    rollingsmiley
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Why Young Women Need To Be More Like Amal Clooney Empty Re: Why Young Women Need To Be More Like Amal Clooney

Post by annemarie Mon 26 Feb 2018, 10:21

I agree with the article there are too may young girls and women who aren't educated and don't have a future .

Aspiring to be Kim Kardashian to me is sad. There are so many women they can look up to , Oprah, Michelle Obama, Judge Sonia Sotomayor not just Amal and so many others.

Amal had her success before she met George she did it by herself, with education and determination.

The idea that girls that are young believe that having a boyfriend is more important than education is just sad. This needs to change.

It all starts with young girls because they will grow up with this mind set .

Michelle Obama speaking about this issue:

When asked to give advice to girls who may think boys find their intelligence unattractive, Obama encouraged the audience to remove such negative people from their lives “whether that’s your boo or your best friend.” Then, she shared some solid advice.
“There is no boy at this age that is cute enough or interesting enough to stop you from getting your education,” she said. “If I had worried about who liked me and who thought I was cute when I was your age, I wouldn’t be married to the president of the United States today.”  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 26 Feb 2018, 11:59

Men and boys can't be left out of this . They need to be taught from a young age to be proud of girls and the women they become. 

They need to learn how to support them and help them achieve their goals.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 26 Feb 2018, 18:36

Well said annemarie.  I think what George found so special about Amal was her intelligence and passion for her work.  

Society will be much better off in the future when more women than men are in leadership roles, both in government and the private sector.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Mon 26 Feb 2018, 18:45

Donnamarie wrote:Well said annemarie.  I think what George found so special about Amal was her intelligence and passion for her work.  

Society will be much better off in the future when more women than men are in leadership roles, both in government and the private sector.
Correct me if I'm wrong (and I know you will).  Didn't George Clooney say his agent found his wife Amal Alamuddin?  Now, Amal Clooney.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 26 Feb 2018, 18:55

Ladybug, I was speaking to what George found attractive about Amal.  I wasn’t speaking to how they met.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Mon 26 Feb 2018, 20:13

Donnamarie wrote:Ladybug, I was speaking to what George found attractive about Amal.  I wasn’t speaking to how they met.
I love it when that type of connection happens.  Just wonderful ...  I love you
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 27 Feb 2018, 01:01

And to be absolutely accurate, his agent did not arrange their meeting. She was with a friend of George's and en route to the south of France and when his agent heard that from who-knows-whom, he phoned to say he had also met her.

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Tue 27 Feb 2018, 01:51

party animal - not! wrote:And to be absolutely accurate, his agent did not arrange their meeting. She was with a friend of George's and en route to the south of France and when his agent heard that from who-knows-whom, he phoned to say he had also met her.
PAN, I thought George Clooney stated, his agent said, I met this woman, who your going to marry.  I did not think the agent arranged the meeting.  I thought the agent was saying he thought Amal Alamuddin would be a good fit as George Clooney's wife.  And as it turns out, George Clooney the self proclaimed bachelor tied the knot. 

George Clooney and Amal's story is just like a made in Hollywood fairytale.  Amal giving birth only adds to her happily ever-after.  I became interested in George Clooney's life and career over ten years ago.  I can honestly say, he's a celebrity I've grown to love without measure. 

As George Clooney's life moves on, it will be wonderful to see how his life evolves.  I can only believe the best is yet to come.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Tue 27 Feb 2018, 17:29

OK.  She is admirable.  But isn't she also a size 0 that wears the latest fashion trends?  Maybe celebrate a woman and not say they are "deserving of George Clooney"??  Lots of great and accomplished women out there who can be emulated and who can be in a relationship with an ordinary person, not a prize awarded only to the most accomplished. And the implication that girls should be educated  because that is what men on eharmony are looking for!

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 27 Feb 2018, 17:44

I t think the point was too many young girls and women focus on their size to attract a man instead of their education and bettering them selves. 

Amal's success didn't come from her size we all know that it came from her getting an education being determined and working hard.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 27 Feb 2018, 21:05

To be completely honest, her personal qualities aside, her success also came from being born into a well-to-do family and traveling in the right circles. She had the benefit of advantages that many young women don't have.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Tue 27 Feb 2018, 21:41

Lizzy,
you're right about that. We don't all have the same premises to succed in life, starting with in which part of the world we're born, if we have access to clean water, medical support and education, if our parents are able (or willing) to feed us and care for us.

But we all are geared to others, and if my 16 year old daughter was looking for an idole and wouldn't find it between our family or friends, I'd rather have her choosing Amal than Kim Kardashian.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 27 Feb 2018, 22:17

One of the best things I think any mother can do these days is to equip them with a sense of worldliness. It's not an academic subject of course but sort of like a bit of reality - but not fed to them all at once! And it's probably even more vital in the world of social media.
An example could be when you're all in front of the TV and the ads come on that if they watch they'll see that the advertisers now have the fastest turnover of images ever to get their message across. But what it also does of course is lessen your concentration span.......

As for Amal, yep, definitely the benefit of having at least three  languages by virtue of birth and parents and grandmother who were at the top of an American university. But her school education in the UK was in the public school system here (tho academically high achieving) and university education was free. I think tho that she's pretty  down-to-earth and has a lot of common sense........

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 27 Feb 2018, 23:30

I wasn't trying to make light of her accomplishments - just pointing out that many young women don't have her advantages and have to work even harder to accomplish success.

And yes, Carolhathaway, I would much rather my daughter look up to Amal than down to a Kardashian. I'd like her to have some self respect!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 28 Feb 2018, 04:05

LizzyNY wrote:To be completely honest, her personal qualities aside, her success also came from being born into a well-to-do family and traveling in the right circles. She had the benefit of advantages that many young women don't have.
Hmmmm. Yes and no. There are any number of rich, well-connected kids who are dumb as a brick and aren't getting anywhere except on their parents' coat tails. Amal's success is based on education first. Being well-connected would have helped her later, once she graduated, but she still had to put the graft in first. No amount of money or connections gets you an education like hers.

She could have simply coasted in life, married a rich man and become a socialite who 'designs' jewelry and handbags and shit, and had a nice, comfortable, easy life but she didn't. She grafted. Her sister, on the other hand . . .
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Wed 28 Feb 2018, 04:36

That's what makes Amal a great find!
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down