George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George in Tuscany
George Clooney furious at paparazzi who broke into his home to take pics of the twins EmptyYesterday at 19:45 by benex

» The Good News
George Clooney furious at paparazzi who broke into his home to take pics of the twins EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
George Clooney furious at paparazzi who broke into his home to take pics of the twins EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney furious at paparazzi who broke into his home to take pics of the twins EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney furious at paparazzi who broke into his home to take pics of the twins EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney furious at paparazzi who broke into his home to take pics of the twins EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney furious at paparazzi who broke into his home to take pics of the twins EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney furious at paparazzi who broke into his home to take pics of the twins EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney furious at paparazzi who broke into his home to take pics of the twins EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney furious at paparazzi who broke into his home to take pics of the twins

+14
Tulips
Sevens
Alisonfan
Katiedot
melbert
party animal - not!
Donnamarie
fava
Missa
LizzyNY
annemarie
Joanna
PigPen
Jette
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

George Clooney furious at paparazzi who broke into his home to take pics of the twins Empty George Clooney furious at paparazzi who broke into his home to take pics of the twins

Post by Jette Fri 28 Jul 2017, 15:52

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Katiedot on Sat 29 Jul 2017, 09:58; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : updated thread title.)

Jette
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

George Clooney furious at paparazzi who broke into his home to take pics of the twins Empty Re: George Clooney furious at paparazzi who broke into his home to take pics of the twins

Post by PigPen Fri 28 Jul 2017, 17:21

George Clooney Slams Invasive Paparazzi Pictures of Newborn Twins as He Promises Legal Action

George Clooney is slamming a French tabloid magazine which ran pictures of him and his wife Amal Clooney with their newborn twins, Ella and Alexander Clooney, at their villa near Lake Como, Italy.

“Over the last week photographers from Voici magazine scaled our fence, climbed our tree and illegally took pictures of our infants inside our home. Make no mistake the photographers, the agency and the magazine will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law,” Clooney said in a statement. “The safety of our children demands it.”

The statement comes shortly after the magazine hit newsstands in France on Friday morning.

The couple welcomed the twins on June 6 at St. Mary’s Hospital in London.

“This morning Amal and George welcomed Ella and Alexander Clooney into their lives. Ella, Alexander and Amal are all healthy, happy and doing fine. George is sedated and should recover in a few days,” the new parents said in a statement shortly after their birth.

Amal’s mother, Baria Alamuddin, previously opened up to PEOPLE after the twins arrived about the moment she met her grandchildren — and how happy the new parents looked.

“Seeing these two angels, these stunningly beautiful babies…cuddled together, and seeing the joy on Amal and George’s faces, it’s one of those deeply felt beautiful feelings you can’t express in words,” Alamuddin tells PEOPLE. “Amal and George were so beautiful, they were so happy, so contented. You just look at them and you feel like they’ve been a mother and father for their whole lives.”

I thought they had THE BEST Security around all their homes, to prevent this sort of thing from happening.

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney furious at paparazzi who broke into his home to take pics of the twins Empty Re: George Clooney furious at paparazzi who broke into his home to take pics of the twins

Post by Joanna Fri 28 Jul 2017, 17:23

I
[size=37]George Clooney Takes No Prisoners in Message to Paparazzi Who Snapped His Twins[/size]

Don't mess with Michael Clayton

From the Observer web site

By Brandon Katz • 07/28/17 11:06am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
George Clooney isn’t holding back. Andrew Goodman/Getty Images
George Clooney isn’t known as much of an action star (outside of his turn as Batman, which we’ve all agreed to ignore), but the media should remember not to mess with this guy. The actor ripped paparazzi recently after photos of his twin babies with wife, Amal, went public. The images were featured on the cover of France’s Voici magazine, prompting Clooney to go on the warpath.
“Over the last week photographers from Voici magazine scaled our fence, climbed our tree and illegally took pictures of our infants inside our home,” Clooney said in a statement, via THR. “Make no mistake the photographers, the agency and the magazine will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. The safety of our children demands it.”
Voici marketed the photos as the first-ever seen images of Clooney’s twins. The blurry pictures reportedly show both he and Amal carrying one of their children in Lake Como, where the family owns a home.

George Clooney Takes No Prisoners in Message to Paparazzi Who Snapped His Twins

Don't mess with Michael Clayton

By Brandon Katz • 07/28/17 11:06am

George Clooney isn’t holding back. Andrew Goodman/Getty Images

George Clooney isn’t known as much of an action star (outside of his turn as Batman, which we’ve all agreed to ignore), but the media should remember not to mess with this guy. The actor ripped paparazzi recently after photos of his twin babies with wife, Amal, went public. The images were featured on the cover of France’s Voici magazine, prompting Clooney to go on the warpath.
“Over the last week photographers from Voici magazine scaled our fence, climbed our tree and illegally took pictures of our infants inside our home,” Clooney said in a statement, via THR. “Make no mistake the photographers, the agency and the magazine will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. The safety of our children demands it.”
Voici marketed the photos as the first-ever seen images of Clooney’s twins. The blurry pictures reportedly show both he and Amal carrying one of their children in Lake Como, where the family owns a home.

Twins Ella and Alexander were born on June 6 and the Clooney’s noted at the time that all were “healthy, happy and doing fine.” Clooney, known for his bachelor lifestyle, tied the knot with Amal back in September 2014.
No officials photos of the twins have yet to be released.

Clooney’s next project is Suburbicon, which he wrote, directed and produced. The film will be released on November 3.

Twins Ella and Alexander were born on June 6 and the Clooney’s noted at the time that all were “healthy, happy and doing fine.” Clooney, known for his bachelor lifestyle, tied the knot with Amal back in September 2014.
No officials photos of the twins have yet to be released.
Clooney’s next project is Suburbicon, which he wrote, directed and produced. The film will be released on November 3.

Last edited by Joanna on Fri 28 Jul 2017, 18:19; edited 1 time in total
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 28 Jul 2017, 17:24

GOOD FOR GEORGE !

Sorry my post from Observer newspaper is a bit messy.

Paps climbed trees....That's a REAL invasion of Privacy IMO.

Trust the French to publish.

They learned nothing from when they published
Kate and William on a balcony on holiday in France, I think.

It's wrong......Twisted Evil

Maybe the link to the pictures should be deleted now ???
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 28 Jul 2017, 17:46

Katie can you delete the link . This is ridiculous and I agree Joanna it is wrong.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 28 Jul 2017, 17:55

Agree with PigPen. I thought they ha better security than that. If the photos had been taken with telephoto lenses I could understand how it could be done undetected. But these guys had time to climb a fence and a tree and take the photos without getting caught.

They seem to know how and where the photos were taken, so either there's  weak spot in their security system or someone fell down on the job.

I know security is the primary interest for G&A, but could he also be upset because the photos aren't any good yet might lower the price they might get for their official first photos? It won't really be an exclusive anymore, will it? Or are these photos so bad they won't count?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 28 Jul 2017, 18:14

I think that any parent would be very angry about pictures being taken in that way. After all the toggers probably climbed up in the middle of the night to await their opportunity.

One couldn't prepare for that, as it would be so
inconvenient to everyone around if alarms went off in the middle of the night !

Lizzy....I wouldn't have thought that your last
paragraph would apply would it ? About "lowering the price" I mean. 
But who am I to know ?

I still think that the link to the pictures should be removed from COH out of respect to Amal and George.

After all, this is a respectable fan forum IMO.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Fri 28 Jul 2017, 18:18

If someone can get that close with a camera, they can get that close with a gun.  I would think that's likely their first thought, not the potential loss of a few dollars to a couple of multi-millionaires.
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 28 Jul 2017, 18:24

I think there is definitely a weak spot in their security. I remember George saying that people ringing the bell at the gate didn't bother him so he must not hear it through out the villa. Maybe, they never thought anyone could scale the wall.

Also , I'm sure the security of his family is more important than money from a magazine even if it is for charity.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 28 Jul 2017, 18:26

Yes Missa.....that's a good point.

Although the pictures were probably taken from a good distance with a telephoto lens.

But what you say is true.

Oh dear.....it'll probably raise the old argument now about "well known people's privacy rights."

I for one believe that they are entitled to privacy, 
despite how much the public wants information.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Fri 28 Jul 2017, 18:50

This should be a legal issue--not a privacy issue-- as photogs trespassed and very likely more serious crimes.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 28 Jul 2017, 18:52

When a celebrity is out in public they don't have privacy that is fine . When they are in their home that is their private space and should be respected.
The pictures are worth more to the paps than to the fans. Its the paps who make a fortune from the pictures. Which is why a lot of celebs release pictures that way they the paps don't make a killing on the pictures

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 28 Jul 2017, 19:10

Joanna - I knew I would take heat for that last paragraph, but I was just musing. I know (and did say) that security is their primary concern. The fact that these paps were able to get so close is very concerning (these weren't long- lens photos). When they climbed the fence doesn't matter. The fact that they did without being detected is a problem. This is exactly what security teams are paid to prevent.

I happen to agree with annemarie that celebrities are entitled to privacy in their homes, just as the rest of us are. I also believe that pictures of celebrities' children should be prohibited without their parents' consent. The parents are celebrities, the children aren't.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Fri 28 Jul 2017, 19:24

Okay- I'm reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaly going to get some flack for this.... however---
George carries baby #1 as if it's a treasure ( which he/she is).. Amal with baby #2  - eh, not so much.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 28 Jul 2017, 19:34

George is a new dad he hasn't got the hang of babies he hasn't had to deal with them.  Amal has been around them she is carrying the baby in a normal way she seems to be more comfortable with the baby.
George will get there eventually, as they get bigger he will be mored comfortable .

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 28 Jul 2017, 19:42

The only people who have discussed George's security in Como are the tabloids.  So we don't know how extensive it is. Maybe he hasn't updated it in a long time.  He may have to now.   But it's beside the point.  This is an invasion of privacy. It's trespassing.   It's wrong.  

This isn't the first time pictures of George have been taken on his property.  He hasn't seemed to care too much in the past but has drawn the line before with Matt Damon's daughter being photographed.  And now his children.

Just want to add that George must be pissed as hell about this!

Last edited by Donnamarie on Fri 28 Jul 2017, 19:44; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text)
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 28 Jul 2017, 20:20

I can't imagine that George doesn't have the tightest security possible at all his properties - especially when he is in residence - and even more now that they have the twins to worry about. IMO someone goofed big-time for this to have happened. And I'm not talking about the pictures being taken so much as the fact that these guys got onto the property without getting caught. Never should have happened.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 28 Jul 2017, 20:33

Agree Lizzy, it shouldn't have happened. But we really don't know what kind of security he has on his property. The fact that these paps got on his property without alarms going off leads me to think he doesn't have the "tightest security". We don't know if he has a security guard or cameras erected all around the property. We do know he has them on his Sonning property.

I also think we should remove the photo from COH out of respect for George. Other outlets covering this story aren't posting the photo.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 28 Jul 2017, 20:56

Well, he's damned if he does something - and damned if he's not isn't he? Which one gets better coverage now? No doubt Voici will think it's been worth just for coverage/clicks/invested advertising. 

I was never convinced we would see any official photos to be honest and now it's even more unlikely I suspect. 

His home and land is vast and those cameras were a long way away and I have seen photographers wading in the lake before now. There is massive Video and CCTV everywhere around the place so he must have been alerted.

Penelope Cruz said this week that we'll never see her children on instsgram and I think that's pretty much how the Clooneys will feel. They're not a marketing tool.

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 28 Jul 2017, 21:20

PAN, I'm with you on the idea he was going to release an official picture of his children. I thought there was a chance when they were born. When he didn't I figured he just wasn't going that route. Tho one article I read today covering this story had a quote from him a few years ago. He seemed in favor of putting out an official baby photo (he was referring to Pitt/Jolie decision to so)
to avoid the bounty hunter scenario that the media engages in. Him becoming a father I guess changed his thinking.

If George's property is really stocked full of security cameras then, as Lizzy said, someone really did screw up. Although we don't know how they are monitored.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 28 Jul 2017, 22:09

The thing is that there's a whole new level of wanting to protect now - his two helpless and utterly dependent little ones.

There were really grainy pictures from a similar magazine of Amal and her niece and nephew and her father at L'Oleandra a couple of years ago but very little was heard of that.

It appears he clearly knew these were paps rather than someone with malicious intent - and now he has three to protect - never mind his privacy. There are many public routes down to the lake. He doesn't own them all -and couldn't!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 28 Jul 2017, 22:35

PAN - The thing that bothers me about this is that George said these guys climbed the fence and got up into a tree on his property. It wasn't from across the lake or out on a boat somewhere - these guys were on his property where they should never have been able to be.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 28 Jul 2017, 22:43

So by the time he was alerted the paps must have gotten away.

George owns three property's so the paps may not have been on Oleandra's grounds but on the other property.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 28 Jul 2017, 23:36

Lizzy....NO heat from me !  Lol.  flower

Katie.......Please remove the link to the picture.....

Pretty Please.   sunny
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 29 Jul 2017, 01:33

Jo- Give Flowers Give Flowers Give Flowers
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 29 Jul 2017, 02:22

Well, this could be the defining factor of whether George sells his estate.  If this is a breach, he will sell and not come back, kinda like Mexico.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 29 Jul 2017, 09:57

Well, it was inevitable that someone would do this. Given how nasty the paparazzi in the UK are, I'm only surprised that it's taken this long.

How absolutely awful to have people breaking into your home - while you're there - just to steal photos of you with your kids. I can't begin to imagine how angry George is.

Thanks everyone for not posting the pictures here. Having a link on this forum to a site that links to the picture is fine as the pictures are widely circulated online. and removing a link here makes no difference whatsoever
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 29 Jul 2017, 14:14

Interesting to note follks that the Daily Fail has not touched this story at all - yet.....

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 29 Jul 2017, 15:00

PAN you mean that even the Daily Fail has scruples? Shocked

None of the media sites that I've come across covering this story are posting the photo.

Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 29 Jul 2017, 16:04

Oh Katie I'm so disappointed that you won't remove 

the link to the photos.

Maybe we could have a vote on it ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 29 Jul 2017, 18:05

Jo- I understand how you feel about the link, but give Katie a break. She's got enough on her plate running the site without help since our mods seem to have deserted us. I don't think George even knows we exist, but if he does I'm sure he wouldn't care that we posted the link - especially if he saw that we found it offensive. Just ignore it.  The whole thing will go away soon.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 29 Jul 2017, 20:29

Well Donnamarie, I think the Mail is pretty aware of the levels of wrath of George and his ability to put into words!

the story is everywhere here, BBC, Sky News, leading high end newspapers...like I said, doomed if he published a pic. Doomed if he didn't. Debatable which creates more coverage. But I totally understand his decision not to. 

They are their children and deserve their absolute protection and a normal childhood as far as it is possiblle with such exceptional parents

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 29 Jul 2017, 20:40

Yep PAN.  I think George and Amal will be very protective.  I think many well known people do their best to shield their children from the limelight.  This is new territory for George.  Becoming a dad, or mom, elicits a protective side that you may never known you had.  This episode is probably very disturbing and upsetting for him and Amal.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 29 Jul 2017, 20:46

They do deserve to have a private childhood, people can be so nasty I can understand If Amal and George decide not to release a picture of their kids . They have to protect them anyway they can.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 29 Jul 2017, 21:06

I'm with you annemarie.  I don't think there will be an official photo released.  They will be seen soon enough, possibly going through an airport with mom and dad.  Or out in a stroller.

Katie, I understand your decision about the link but I'm with Joanna.  I think we should remove the link on principle.  We have quite a few registered posters who can easily access the link from our site.  For COH to provide a link even though we condemn this invasion of George and Amal's privacy seems a bit hypocritical.  Ultimately it's up to you but I agree with Joanna to delete the link.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Sat 29 Jul 2017, 22:01

Amal and George now want so much to protect family of four.Now now now they know how precious family to be. When time in past they were family of two they invite to wedding the hole world.Even when new to family life a few hours old they to release baby names and family loose mouth about new family both side. That they look to do same as wedding invite world in! They blurlines and now see big mistake to late.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sun 30 Jul 2017, 01:19

EXCLUSIVE: George Clooney Is Even 'More Protective' Since Becoming a Father
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

George Clooney furious at paparazzi who broke into his home to take pics of the twins Empty George Clooney is Right

Post by Tulips Sun 30 Jul 2017, 01:32

[size=32]George Clooney Is Right: Celebrity Parents Know They're Getting Their Picture Taken, but Leave the Kids Out of It
by NATALIE FINN | Sat, Jul 29, 2017 10:00 AM

[/size]

The French tabloid that published photos of George and Amal Clooney's month-and-a-half-year-old twins that, according to George, were taken illegally, said in its defense that the pictures were simply "a response to a public demand."

Hey, leave us out of this.

It's doubtful that any real fans of the Clooneys would have approved of a plan to scale a fence, climb a tree and snap Alexanderand Ella within the family's Lake Como home, as George said these paparazzi did. "Make no mistake—the photographers, the agency and the magazine will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law," Clooney, easily the most famous face of the tony Italian enclave, promised in a statement obtained by E! News Friday. "The safety of our children demands it."

Photos

The Most Powerful Kids in Hollywood

The new parents, who otherwise are said to be happier than ever devoting themselves to their son and daughter right now, were surely aware that the first picture of their babies was going to be a hot commodity. But the realization that photographers had actually managed to get the goods in such a manner (the magazine denied that the Clooney family was in any danger from the publishing of their photos) must have still come as an unpleasant jolt.

The babies were born June 6 in London, not exactly off the grid but still far away from the beating heart of the paparazzi zone, in Los Angeles. And Lake Como—where George has been a part-time resident for over a decade—would have seemed like an even more promising place to avoid exactly this sort of thing.

But then again, while L.A. has its moments, paparazzi across the pond are notoriously invasive, and they apparently haven't given up going to greater lengths than just waiting and following to get scoops. Because even if people find scaling a tree and climbing a fence distasteful under any circumstances, that isn't to say they wouldn't also pick up a copy of Voici and look at the pictures.

Meanwhile, across the pond, Tyra Banks was telling Seth Meyers on Late Night Thursday that she had only posted a full-face photo of her son York on Instagram recently because she had spied paparazzi snapping them leaving a restaurant on Father's Day and she wanted to drain the value of those pictures.

As it turned out, she had done a perfectly good job hiding him in the first place.

Photos

Stars' Cute Father's Day 2017 Photos

"I'm like, 'I've got to put this picture out before the paparazzi. I don't want them to make money off our child and have the first picture.' So, I posted the damn picture," Banks recalled. "The next day, there ain't no paparazzi pictures, 'cause mama knew how to hide that camera. She's a supermodel for a reason! And so now his picture is out there and I didn't need it to be!" 

"But you have a beautiful baby," offered Meyers, whose son Ashe makes frequent appearances on his own Instagram.

And these are just three of the different approaches celebs have taken to sharing photos of their kids with a larger audience.

Meyers said he had no intention of posting any pics of Ashe on social media and didn't do so for more than a year. But then he tried it and...he liked it. "It was just like, 'The world needs to see this little angel,'" he joked to Banks.

Tyra, meanwhile, kept the very fact that she was expecting via surrogate a complete secret until York was born in January 2016, and the first pic she shared of him that Valentine's Day was taken from the side, so his full face wasn't visible. Zoe Saldana went that route with her twins, regularly posting pics but at first only of their adorable little hands, the backs of their heads, etc. She has more recently ventured into side views, but has yet to go with a full-on, looking-into-the-camera pic.

Meanwhile, the Clooneys don't do social media and...well, they're the Clooneys. It's either going to be a glossy magazine cover with all proceeds donated to charity or nothing.

Photos

Best of the Celeb-Baby Magazine Covers

They may have had some sort of idea about how they might introduce their little ones to the world down the road, but in the meantime they obviously just wanted to be left alone.

Meanwhile, though we're not yet operating in a media landscape where to share or not to share is left up entirely to the discretion of the parents, there is no such thing as reasonable "public demand" for baby pictures taken by whatever means necessary.

Not that there isn't any demand, though. The public does love to know more—and look at pictures. And so like a lot of social policy that seems so obvious now but wasn't always that way, the evolution toward a more respectful zone with regard to how celebrities are photographed when they're out with their children has been a process.

After years of regularly utilizing the supply provided by the ever-swarming shutterbugs, a few years back a number of outlets (including this one) stopped publishing photos taken of kids that aren't sanctioned by their parents, taken in a setting where professional photographers are known to be chronicling the happenings, like at a red carpet premiere or a sporting event, or posted on the parents' (or trusted friends' or family members') social media accounts.

Photos

Cutest Celeb Kids on Instagram

Jennifer Garner and Halle Berry were among the famous parents who went to bat to help decrease the supply, calling for harsher repercussions for intrusive paparazzi in California after having too many photographers get in their kids' faces. And in 2014 Kristen Bell and Dax Shepardput their foot down in what turned out to be a successful attempt at altering the demand.

"I'm telling you right now, we don't want our daughter's face anywhere ever until she decides, because I have the utmost respect for her," Bell explained to Access Hollywood.

And while plenty of outlets disregarded Bell's wishes and continued to run paparazzi pics of her with her daughters, the actress has stuck to her own promise. Last year the mother of two offered up a knowing photo of her younger child, Delta—a far-away shot of a small silhouette in the ocean that's mostly Shepard.

Bell explained that, while she and Shephard have chosen (or at least accepted) a public life because they're actors, daughters Lincolnand Delta have not. That's a common refrain among the famous parents who've also opted not to do the baby-album thing on Instagram.

"I continue to kindly ask, Please don't post/publish photos of our kids," Ashton Kutcher tweeted July 17. "They haven't chosen life in the public eye." He added, "Yes we took them to a public place (we like sharing life with our kids) no that doesn't mean we are ok with their photos being published."

He and Mila Kunishave gone the no-shares route when it comes to their daughter Wyatt and son Dimitri, and Kunis herself doesn't even do social media. By way of appeasing the curious when Wyatt, who's now almost 3, was born, Kutcher posted a batch of eight baby photos on his blog and said one of them was Wyatt. 

"Here's your baby photo. Well, one of them is. Now can the helicopter please stop hovering over our house, there is a baby sleeping inside! And she's super cute," he promised.

Noel Vasquez/GC Images

Kutcher's plea for more privacy comes in the wake of a number of paparazzi pictures of Wyatt having been published over the years anyway because, as he said, he and Kunis like to share life with their kids and go outside from time to time as a family. And since there are still buyers for paparazzi pics of the whole family, photographers have continued to take them.

Even Kate Middleton and Prince William have their critics who say they haven't made Prince George and Princess Charlotte as visible as the people of the U.K. would prefer. However, while the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge know that endless photo opportunities are part of the job for them, they're still trying to give their toddlers as normal a life as is humanly possible until the whole third-and-fourth-in-line-to-the-throne thing trumps normality.

Social media has helped celebrities manage the media coverage of their children, making it more difficult for paparazzi to be able to sell photos of their kids by basically handing out free pictures. Beyoncé, for instance, stopped the Internet in its tracks a couple weeks ago when she posted the first photo of twins Rumi and Sir Carter on Instagram, and Blue Ivy has been the real star of Mom's various platforms for years.

Instagram

And for those who don't use social media, plenty of magazines are happy to be the place for proud famous parents to debut their babies.

Many, many A-list celebs have gone that route, including Brad Pittand Angelina JolieTom Cruise and Katie Holmes, and Sandra Bullock—who, after introducing son Louis on the cover of People in 2010, opted to only show the back of daughter Laila's head when she made her debut in 2015. 

And this isn't to say that every paparazzi photo of a child that isn't posed (some are posed, you know) was taken maliciously or that every celebrity despises the paparazzi all the time—some celebs don't mind them so long as everyone behaves themselves.

But the famous do not owe their public (no matter how much fans might have shipped Mila and Ashton on That '70s Show or how much they admire George and Amal) anything when it comes to sharing photos of their children.

Actors, artists, athletes, royals, etc. know that to ply their trade and be good at it usually involves more photographs and interest in their private lives than they might prefer if they could map out the perfect life (i.e. money, privilege, access and...that's all, thank you). But that's just them.

There is no such thing as being so famous that your babies turn into fair game.

Tulips
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 30 Jul 2017, 02:38

George and Amal releasing the babies names was expected, they knew it would become public record. The grandparent's speaking was simply them showing their pride and happiness like every other grandparent. None of them posted pictures 
of the babies against George and Amals wishes. 

What the paps did was disrespectful and illegal. Now the magazine blames the fans wanting to know, nope none of us here would ever want pictures taken in this manner.
Bottom line is the paps wanted their big pay day and the mag went along with it.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 30 Jul 2017, 04:33

Well annemarie it does seems pretty clear to us.  Like you said the paparazzi wanted to score a big payday and Voici was willing to pay.  The tabloid saying it was just responding to public demand is ridiculous and outrageous.  That's their defense?  They bought a photo that was obtained illegally.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 30 Jul 2017, 04:45

Katie has stated many times that we publish the good, the bad and the ugly about George.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Sun 30 Jul 2017, 10:51

George and Amal probably hit only when they hold baby what a world they create for their family.Instead of secure and safe. They to seem to love to lead extravagant life of $$$$ on everything to homes in New York clothes vacations selling tequila for billions yes! This life good for couple who only have himself to worry bout. Now they see babies to need love and security and they to see their old life is not to be helpful to the new life. Old life built on attract of attention for Amal glamour and want to be icon and George director or political both  to lend loud voice to cause is good but bad for baby. 
They need only to love and security of family not to loud voice or causes!

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 30 Jul 2017, 12:35

Alisonfan - Very Happy Give them a break. They've only been parents for a few weeks. It' s going to take a while for them to get used to life with two babies in the house. I'm sure they realize their priorities have to change. They're both smart people. I'm sure they'll figure it out.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Sun 30 Jul 2017, 12:59

I think it's disgusting how these pics were taken, and I can really understand why George and Amal got furious. That the magazine justified their publication with the public demand for the pics, is just abhorrent IMO. Of course I would like to see the twins, but it's their parents' decision to publish them or not. And we have to accept that, if we like it or not.
I didn't click on the link above, but when I checked George's name on Instagram, of course the cover was there. I'd wish that everybody would boycott this magazine. In the end that's the only way to stop magazines from buying these pics (which would lead to stop paps from taking them), but unfortunately this won't happen...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 30 Jul 2017, 13:16

I think their priorities are fine babies fit into your life, you don't change your whole life for them. 
George and Amal live well and there is no reason they shouldn't. George now knows that he has to tighten his security and will do so. They had already decided to not go anywhere dangerous they realize the children come first and need their parents.
Them keeping the babies private shows they don't want them included in the madness that is a part of their lives. As much as I would love to see them I can respect their desire to keep their children private especially with all the nasty hateful people out here.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 30 Jul 2017, 18:44

I think the idea that George and Amal deserve what they get for being famous and living well misses the point.  
They don't have to apologize or feel guilty for the way they live their life.  They haven't done anything wrong.  The action on the part of the paparazzi is inexcusable and wrong.  We need to keep to the facts and not be judgmental and lay blame back on the parents. 

George has been a famous celebrity for years now.  Pictures of him anywhere he goes are always in demand and the media are willing to pay.  The paparazzi know it and they are tripping over themselves to get those first pics of his babies. 

I would think that George and Amal discussed whether they wanted to put out an official photo to avoid the very thing that happened last week.  They chose not too.  Maybe in hindsight they should have.  But ultimately it was what they felt was the responsible thing to do for their family.  As PAN has said earlier he was damned if he did and damned if he didn't.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sun 30 Jul 2017, 20:13

Okay, here's my question (besides wanting to know, like Lizzy, who fell down on his/her job such that someone could have enough time to "scale a fence, climb a tree..."), keeping in mind that I haven't seen the photos (and won't):

The property is expansive. There are many, many people coming and going and doing various things at any given time. How did the photographer know in which tree to lie in wait for George, Amal, and the twins at any particular time to get the shot? And that it could be done without getting caught?

I think George is right to sue the photographer or agency and even the newspaper/magazine/whatever. I'd be stationing armed drones around the place if it was me and my family. But I don't think he's looking closely enough. Methinks there is a mole in the mix. Just because someone is family, doesn't mean s/he can be trusted.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Sun 30 Jul 2017, 20:40

Way2,
of course it's possible that a member of their family / staff told the paps a time they usually go out with their babies which is bad. But it could also be possible that paps were couching for days, waiting for them to show up, and I don't think that's any better.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 30 Jul 2017, 21:00

Carolhathaway - George said these photos were taken from up in a tree on his property. A) I don't think the paps could have crouched up in a tree for days  waiting for a photo-op and B) IF they did - if they really were hanging around for days on the property someone totally screwed up and should be looking for a new job!

If Way2Old is right and someone inside is tipping off the media or the paps, George needs to lay down the law." Either respect our wishes and privacy or GTFO!"
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Sun 30 Jul 2017, 22:01

You're probably right, Lizzy.
The paps could also have used a drone with a camera, watched what was going on there and waited for them to appear. Which, of course, wouldn't be any better.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next