George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney and Julia Roberts at George's House EmptyToday at 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney and Julia Roberts at George's House EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney and Julia Roberts at George's House EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney and Julia Roberts at George's House EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney and Julia Roberts at George's House EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney and Julia Roberts at George's House EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney and Julia Roberts at George's House EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney and Julia Roberts at George's House EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney and Julia Roberts at George's House EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney and Julia Roberts at George's House

+10
MyGirlKylie
sarah ali
Katiedot
cindigirl
sisieq
Merlin
Lighterside
ManhattanMaven
lucy
Admin
14 posters

Go down

George Clooney and Julia Roberts at George's House Empty George Clooney and Julia Roberts at George's House

Post by Admin Sun 12 Dec 2010, 09:57

Another one of my favourites. Oprah Winfrey sent Julia Roberts round to George's house to interview each other (filmed in his guest house).

It's long, but a great interview.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney and Julia Roberts at George's House Empty Re: George Clooney and Julia Roberts at George's House

Post by Admin Sun 12 Dec 2010, 10:06

Even better, here are the outtakes from this interview:

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney and Julia Roberts at George's House Empty Re: George Clooney and Julia Roberts at George's House

Post by Guest Sun 12 Dec 2010, 14:46

Haven't seen this before. Love their interaction. Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sun 12 Dec 2010, 14:54

I always thought it was interesting that it wasn't to long after this interview that he took SL to VFF.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ManhattanMaven Sun 12 Dec 2010, 15:06

This is where he made the stupid joke about having his eyes done. People STILL don't get that he was kidding! It drives me crazy! Every 2 weeks another article will appear on the internet saying that George had his eyes done! AARRGHHHHH!! Mad

ManhattanMaven
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Sun 12 Dec 2010, 15:33

I agree Maven, that's where this RUMOR that he's had work done started. Just like his stupid gay jokes DON'T work...neither did this one! You'd think he'd LEARN there are some things you DON'T joke about because people don't understand your 12 yo humor! Talk about jokes backfiring! Rolling Eyes
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Sun 12 Dec 2010, 17:15

I love this interview....except where Julia keeps talking about peeing!
Merlin
Merlin
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Sun 12 Dec 2010, 21:39

The one thing I didn't like about this intervew was that there seemed to be a private conversation between the 2 of them that didn't involve the viewers - IMHO.

sisieq
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Dec 2010, 23:31

sisieq wrote:The one thing I didn't like about this intervew was that there seemed to be a private conversation between the 2 of them that didn't involve the viewers - IMHO.

And that's just what I like about the interview. Whether true or not, the impression given is an inside peek into their friendly relationship, how they interact actor to actor, friend to friend. For all I know they hate each other, but that's not how it seems.

Add to it that they are in his guesthouse and on his property and it adds to the intimacy of the interview.

Back to top Go down

George Clooney and Julia Roberts at George's House Empty Video -George Clooney/Julia Roberts Interview

Post by cindigirl Sun 24 Jul 2011, 20:15

Here's a fun video of George Clooney and Julia Roberts in a 2007 interview at his home in LA

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 24 Jul 2011, 20:44

One of my fave videos. They seem to get on so well, don't they?

I've just moved this to the thread where we're already talking about it so we don't have too many dupes.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 24 Jul 2011, 20:54

Thanks Katie - I screwed up again on the threads. LOL And this time I was sure I got it right!
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Mon 25 Jul 2011, 00:59

That's OK cindigirl this is one of my favs, love J&G together they remind me of close cousins goofin on each other.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by sarah ali Mon 25 Jul 2011, 01:06

i love when she puts the sexiest man alive's magazine on her face , she's sooo funny , i want them to make another movie together like the one she did with Tom Hanks "Larry Crowne" , it would be cool to see them do this type of movies together!!!
sarah ali
sarah ali
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Mon 25 Jul 2011, 01:46

Even though I find Julia a bit annoying at times, it was a funny interview.
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 25 Jul 2011, 04:45

cindigirl wrote:Thanks Katie - I screwed up again on the threads. LOL And this time I was sure I got it right!
No, no, you did it right! It's just that there already was a thread on this, but otherwise it was good.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Mon 25 Jul 2011, 15:03

@MyGirl, I thought Julia was a bit annoying too and arrogant. They must be really good friends for her to say to him "I got to pee now." And, open invitation, George can make a hamburger for me any time. LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Mon 25 Jul 2011, 17:37

I thought the" I got to pee now" was due to her being pregnant, and everyone knows how often pregnant women pee, and they have always seemed really comfortable together.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by sandwiches Mon 25 Jul 2011, 17:44

I can't stand her but the interview is cute.
sandwiches
sandwiches
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Mon 25 Jul 2011, 19:25

@Lucy 'I thought the" I got to pee now" was due to her being pregnant, and everyone knows how often pregnant women pee, and they have always seemed really comfortable together.'

Yeah, but Jeez, I can think of a half dozen more "ladylike" ways to inform someone of your intentions. LOL OK so I'm stoic and old fashioned. You're right.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Mon 25 Jul 2011, 19:48

I get what you're saying cindigirl. She's comfortable with George and doesn't think twice about saying it. Which is no biggie, IMO. I have no problem telling my friends "Hey, I gotta go pee." Most people maybe would word it differently on camera though. lol
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Jul 2011, 23:06

I liked some of her romcoms, bu that's it. There is just something about her that doesn't fit right...
No, I am not talking about the fact she cheated on KIefer Sutherland with his best friend. No, I am not talking about the fact she was known to sleep with her co-stars lol! But talking about that...it makes me wonder if she had slept with either George or Pitt or both, hahaha... at least tried, right?!

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Mon 25 Jul 2011, 23:27

cindigirl wrote:@Lucy 'I thought the" I got to pee now" was due to her being pregnant, and everyone knows how often pregnant women pee, and they have always seemed really comfortable together.'

Yeah, but Jeez, I can think of a half dozen more "ladylike" ways to inform someone of your intentions. LOL OK so I'm stoic and old fashioned. You're right.

I agree, cindigirl, she could have worded it a little differently. But yes, it was due to her pregnancy.

sisieq
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 26 Jul 2011, 04:53

If I remember rightly, even George corrected her. The first time she says it, he raises his eyebrows and says 'you have to go to the bathroom?'
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Tue 26 Jul 2011, 05:06

Ah yes, Julia Roberts, who can't seem to get in a hit flick if her life depended on it. Sorry, HATED that I-gotta-eat-my-way-thru-Europe-and-India (or was it Thailand) flick. Eat Pray Barf?

And now Larry Crowne - I feel bad for Tom Hanks but seriously, don't plan to see that one either!

Steel Magnolias was great but of course, she was just the young ingenue who had an interesting role but wasn't the person who carried the film - it was that great ensemble of actresses they put together that did it!

The last film she was in that I enjoyed was Notting Hill and that was mostly because of Hugh Grant!

Now she's just annoying. America's Sweethearts OH PULEESE! GAG!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Tue 26 Jul 2011, 13:22

I gotta say, I've never been a big fan of hers....I never quite "got" what people found so attractive, either physically, or otherwise. And her voice is just annoying. The Pelican Brief was on recently (as I was changing the channels...) and she does all that narrative on it......just droning.
And when she puts the mag over her face...I remember when this aired, thinking that she was acting like a five year old, and George responded, just like a parent would if their five year old were doing that sort of thing while you were trying to have a conversation.
I also love that her first couple of comments to him were digs.....
G - You're blonde, look pretty
J - You're grey, you look old
G - Look how much taller I am than you
J - For the first time....
Yeah, she's a charmer....

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Tue 26 Jul 2011, 13:34

bellybaby wrote:I gotta say, I've never been a big fan of hers....I never quite "got" what people found so attractive, either physically, or otherwise. And her voice is just annoying. The Pelican Brief was on recently (as I was changing the channels...) and she does all that narrative on it......just droning.
And when she puts the mag over her face...I remember when this aired, thinking that she was acting like a five year old, and George responded, just like a parent would if their five year old were doing that sort of thing while you were trying to have a conversation.
I also love that her first couple of comments to him were digs.....
G - You're blonde, look pretty
J - You're grey, you look old
G - Look how much taller I am than you
J - For the first time....
Yeah, she's a charmer....

She's okay, I guess. Not as beautiful as publicists seem to think. Has a large mouth, laughs like a horse and has that God awful bulging vein in the middle of her forehead. As far as her "conversation", no one said she was a lady, but then again, Gee doesn't really seem to be into ladies.
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Jul 2011, 14:04

Katiedot wrote:If I remember rightly, even George corrected her. The first time she says it, he raises his eyebrows and says 'you have to go to the bathroom?'

Katie, I loved when he asked that.

What I like about this interview is when he calls her mamacita. This is how my guy friends in CO used to call us and we used to call them papacitos. But actually did not like when she came in and he said mamacita and kissed her. Also, he was not comfortable when she said he will have kids and said poor woman, she thinks she is lucky...something like that... b*tch might not have gone to bed with him... Evil or Very Mad lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Tue 26 Jul 2011, 14:11

I think George handled the interview very well considering who he was with. She deliberately embarrassed him when she asked him if he wanted to deliver her baby. And she could have thanked the assistant when he put the coat over her shoulders. Arrogance plus.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Jul 2011, 14:13

Cindi, it might run in the family. Her niece Emma seems very arrogant and so far I am not impressed with her acting skills...

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Tue 26 Jul 2011, 16:56

@LL "No, I am not talking about the fact she was known to sleep with her co-stars lol.

I guess everyone forgot about how her now husband left his wife and kids to marry her. I read about them and it seems like her husband is henpecked.

OK I'm now going to stop snarking on JR. LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Jul 2011, 18:06

Well, I don't keep up with JR or her movies. The two movies I do remember are Erin Brockovich and Pretty Woman and both movies were GREAT! Concerning her personal life, I think there are things that none of you know about. She’s a mother now and probably a very good one! Really, do you think George would allow her to interview him at his home if he didn’t trust her or like her? Just maybe there’s something good about her (personally) that we don’t get to see! Not that I think she’s a bad actress. I think she’s very interesting but, like I said, I haven’t followed her career or personal life.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Jul 2011, 18:35

Cinderella wrote:Well, I don't keep up with JR or her movies. The two movies I do remember are Erin Brockovich and Pretty Woman and both movies were GREAT! Concerning her personal life, I think there are things that none of you know about. She’s a mother now and probably a very good one! Really, do you think George would allow her to interview him at his home if he didn’t trust her or like her? Just maybe there’s something good about her (personally) that we don’t get to see! Not that I think she’s a bad actress. I think she’s very interesting but, like I said, I haven’t followed her career or personal life.

I never said I know her or I know what goes on her personal life. Also, never criticized her motherhood skills either... I never said she was not a good friend of his, in fact he said at Oprah she is a real movie star in a good way, something like that. So, I don't know why you are saying this and to whom you are addressing this comment, but I want to let it clear that it doesn't apply to me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Jul 2011, 19:33

I wasn’t addressing it to anyone in particular. Everyone else was voicing their opinion so I thought I’d write my thoughts. I didn’t mean to offend anyone. I hope that’s okay. scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Tue 26 Jul 2011, 19:41

@Cinderella - Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion. My opinion of her is low because of what I've heard about her from several different sources and I'm not ashamed of it because that's my opinion.

I don't think you've actually offended anyone - no worries.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Jul 2011, 19:50

Agree with Cindi, there are many stories like that, didn't she used a t-shit "offending" the former spouse of one of her spouses (I don't know if it is the father of her kids or one of her former husbands)? She might be a great mother, but being a mother doesn't make her a Saint. I just said what I said because when you wrote your opinion, you said none of you... you wrote on a tone as if all of us were judging her or her maternal skills or her friendship with George Clooney. I just wanted make it clear that I did not do any of those things or ,at least, had no intentions in doing it. I t was simply to clarify what I said it before and maybe came it across in the wrong way.

This was what I wrote:
Re: George Clooney and Julia Roberts at George's House
by LouisLane Yesterday at 6:06 pm

I liked some of her romcoms, bu that's it. There is just something about her that doesn't fit right...
No, I am not talking about the fact she cheated on KIefer Sutherland with his best friend. No, I am not talking about the fact she was known to sleep with her co-stars But talking about that...it makes me wonder if she had slept with either George or Pitt or both, hahaha... at least tried, right?!.

Last edited by LouisLane on Tue 26 Jul 2011, 19:52; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Jul 2011, 19:54

Cindi, thinking deeply I might not like her anymore. Didn't she say George was obssessed with Clive Owen? This comment helped feud the gay rumors that had increased over the years since the bad jokes from Brad -not-so-bright Pitt? I liked her movies and I will go see her movies, but as I said before there is something about her that doesn't fit and I am not saying I am correct on this and that I know her, but she seems arrogant.

ps: I think Eric Roberts-her brother- is super talented.

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Tue 26 Jul 2011, 20:29

@LL "there are many stories like that, didn't she used a
t-shirt "offending" the former spouse of one of her spouses (I don't know if it is the father of her kids or one of her former husbands)?"

Yes, talking about adding insult to injury, the former spouse was her husband Danny Moder's former wife. It wasn't enough stealing her husband but she had to insult her on top of it.

OMG, look at what's happening here, Eli is gone so now we're reduced to discussing Julia Roberts. LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Jul 2011, 20:44

OMG, look at what's happening here, Eli is gone so now we're reduced to discussing Julia Roberts. LOL

lol!

Back on topic: the interview is really good. I like how they seem really relaxed and enjoying themselves.

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Tue 26 Jul 2011, 21:04

We seem to be getting a lot of "mileage" out of this topic. It might be because George looks so yummy sitting in that leather recliner. Is there room for me please? I'm skinny, I can fit!
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down