George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Clooneys and Gerbers sell both Cabo homes? EmptyToday at 22:10 by benex

»  George filming new film in UK
Clooneys and Gerbers sell both Cabo homes? EmptyToday at 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Clooneys and Gerbers sell both Cabo homes? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Clooneys and Gerbers sell both Cabo homes? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Clooneys and Gerbers sell both Cabo homes? EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Clooneys and Gerbers sell both Cabo homes? EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Clooneys and Gerbers sell both Cabo homes? EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Clooneys and Gerbers sell both Cabo homes? EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Clooneys and Gerbers sell both Cabo homes? EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Clooneys and Gerbers sell both Cabo homes?

+3
hathaross
annemarie
party animal - not!
7 posters

Go down

Clooneys and Gerbers sell both Cabo homes? Empty Clooneys and Gerbers sell both Cabo homes?

Post by party animal - not! Fri 15 Apr 2016, 09:31

According to TMZ........

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Clooneys and Gerbers sell both Cabo homes? Empty Re: Clooneys and Gerbers sell both Cabo homes?

Post by annemarie Fri 15 Apr 2016, 11:04

So if this is true they are building somewhere else I'm guessing with more privacy.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Clooneys and Gerbers sell both Cabo homes? Empty Re: Clooneys and Gerbers sell both Cabo homes?

Post by annemarie Fri 15 Apr 2016, 11:09

So I may have been right about this being a plan for them both who knew. Time will tell if this is true or not.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 15 Apr 2016, 11:37

Yep. Remember the golf course and housing project on the East Coast.......?

Meldman's heavily involved........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Fri 15 Apr 2016, 13:21

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

George Clooney and Cindy Crawford's husband Rande Gerber 'make $100 million from the sale of their Mexican compound'

They're known to enjoy hanging out together at their Mexican super-complex Casamigos.
But George Clooney, 54, and Rande Gerber, 53, have reportedly sold their stunning retreat south of the US border for a cool $100 million.
The pals - who are married to Amal Clooney, 38, and Cindy Crawford, 50, respectively - are believed to be investing in an even more impressive complex in Cabo San Lucas, according to TMZ.
Scroll down for video
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

+5

Idyllic: George Clooney, 54, and Cindy Crawford's husband Rande Gerber, 53, have reportedly sold their stunning retreat south of the US border for a cool $100 million

Casamigos, which was designed by revered architect Ricardo Legorreta, has been snapped up by a Mexican Billionaire.

The compound contains both Gerber's and Clooney's adjacent properties with a stunning pool overlooking the ocean.
MailOnline has contacted a representative for George and Rande and is awaiting comment. 

• SHARE PICTURE

[size]

+5
[/size]
House of friends: Such was the importance of the complex in longtime friends Rande and George's lives that they named their own brand of tequila after it

+5

Holiday home: Cindy has shared numerous pictures from the property on her Instagram account in the past, and it's easy to see just why she fell in love with the resort in the first place

Cindy has shared numerous pictures from the property on her Instagram account in the past, and it's easy to see just why she fell in love with the resort in the first place.
Such was the importance of the complex in longtime friends Rande and George's lives that they named their own brand of tequila after it.
Speaking to ET last year, Rande said: 'George and I made the tequila ourselves and had a lot of good times coming up with the perfect one. It was made by friends, for friends and that's what we're all about: friendship.'
Originally the pals didn't have intend to sell their beloved tequila, but when their distillery informed them just how much they had been ordering they felt they had little choice.
Gerber added: 'They said... either you're selling it or you're drinking too much.'

+5

Good friends: The compound contains both Gerber's and Clooney's adjacent properties with a stunning pool overlooking the ocean

George was most recently spotted meeting up with Jodie Foster, who directed him and Julia Roberts in the upcoming movie Money Monster, due out in May.
The former ER hunk sported a rather bizarre grey goatee that made just the bottom of his chin hairy with a salt and pepper mustache on his upper lip.
Money Monster has secured a spot at the prestigious Cannes Film Festival, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
In the movie, George plays a financial TV personality who offers up stock advice on his hit show.
But when a viewer loses all his money after a bad tip from the TV host, he takes him hostage and the drama begins. 

• SHARE PICTURE

[size]

+5
[/size]
Walking on water: The compound contains both Gerber's and Clooney's adjacent properties with a stunning pool overlooking the ocean
hathaross
hathaross
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 15 Apr 2016, 13:52

Well, if it's true, I guess it answers the question of whether the place was actually for sale. Don't know why they'd turn around and build another property in Cabo if they're selling this one - unless the privacy issue has become a major factor but they love the place so much they want to keep homes there anyway. I know they can afford it, but it seems a bit much to build in a place you hardly ever go to. Maybe it gets them a tax break. Who knows? Nice life. Cool
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 15 Apr 2016, 14:16

Well it answers my question on the other thread of how they were going to sell just George's property since the two homes are so close together and connected by a pass-through. And assuming this TMZ report is true.

Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 15 Apr 2016, 14:50

If you think about it we assume they rarely go there, but honestly we have no idea how often they went. We get the rare photos but we all know that we don't see every move that George makes. I do think they love Mexico but the need for privacy was important this home will probably more secluded so they can enjoy it in total privacy. 

I never understood the trees blocking the view to me that was the point of the ocean view to enjoy it.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 15 Apr 2016, 19:49

True annemarie. We barely have a glimpse into their private lives.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 15 Apr 2016, 21:11

.......so Meldman who owns Discovery Land, is a partner in Casamigos and also owns El Dorado (Cabo) in his portfolio has this new project in the Hamptons...........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 15 Apr 2016, 21:19

George and Elisabetta spent the New Year at the El Dorado resort. If anyone else remembers there were pictures of them out by the pool.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 15 Apr 2016, 22:10

Yes, that is where the Clooney Gerber houses are. 

Which is why I wondered whether their new houses might be in the Hamptons....

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 15 Apr 2016, 22:24

I thought the homes were in another part of Cabo for some reason.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 15 Apr 2016, 22:26

I don't see them moving their vacations to the Hampton's they can go to Mexico all year round you can't in the Hampton's.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 15 Apr 2016, 22:56

PAN - TMZ said they wouldn't be" homeless in Cabo" for too long so I'm assuming they're building the new home/s in Cabo. The Hamptons would be fine if they were spending summers in NY, but I doubt that will ever happen. Hot, sweaty and crowded. Ugh! NY's least attractive time of year. No one in their right mind would trade summers in Laglio for Long Island crowds and bumper to bumper traffic. The Hamptons only look good if you don't have any other alternative.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 15 Apr 2016, 23:04

Tmz said they are building an even more spectacular compound.

They also stated that George's house didn't appear in the Architectural Digest when it did.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 16 Apr 2016, 01:52

annemarie, is TMZ claiming that George's house wasn't profiled in Architectural Digest?
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 16 Apr 2016, 02:23

Yep, it says Rande's house was featured and George's could have been if he wanted it.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 16 Apr 2016, 02:56

Wow. They got that totally wrong so you got to wonder if this story has any truth to it at all. scratch
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 16 Apr 2016, 22:15

Well at this point neither George or Rande have denied it. Rande and family didn't go there for Easter or Cindy's birthday so they may have sold .

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Sun 17 Apr 2016, 02:52

Yes I think Hampton.Again George use name to sell houses.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Mon 25 Apr 2016, 01:04

They should not rebuild in Mexico - I think it's too dangerous STILL to travel there and live there. It's just a matter of time before some drug cartel decides one or the other of them might come in handy.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down