George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Good News
George Clooney: “I Played A Male Prostitute Drug Dealer” - New York magazine interview EmptyToday at 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
George Clooney: “I Played A Male Prostitute Drug Dealer” - New York magazine interview EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney: “I Played A Male Prostitute Drug Dealer” - New York magazine interview EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney: “I Played A Male Prostitute Drug Dealer” - New York magazine interview EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney: “I Played A Male Prostitute Drug Dealer” - New York magazine interview EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney: “I Played A Male Prostitute Drug Dealer” - New York magazine interview EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney: “I Played A Male Prostitute Drug Dealer” - New York magazine interview EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney: “I Played A Male Prostitute Drug Dealer” - New York magazine interview EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney: “I Played A Male Prostitute Drug Dealer” - New York magazine interview EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney: “I Played A Male Prostitute Drug Dealer” - New York magazine interview

+2
carolhathaway
party animal - not!
6 posters

Go down

George Clooney: “I Played A Male Prostitute Drug Dealer” - New York magazine interview Empty George Clooney: “I Played A Male Prostitute Drug Dealer” - New York magazine interview

Post by party animal - not! Tue 12 Jan 2016, 18:23

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

.........easing his way into full-on junket season with unknown tales from the past maybe..........

George Clooney reveals in a new op-ed piece that one of his first acting jobs was playing a “male prostitute drug dealer” in a small Los Angeles play, and that the part was actually a “turning point” in his career.
In the commentary for New York Magazine, Clooney recalls the beginning of his career when he was cast in a play called Vicious, which told the story of punk rocker Sid Vicious. “It’s always bad to say you did a play in Los Angeles, because people just look at you and laugh,” the actor says. “It was an incredibly brutal play… I played a male prostitute drug dealer and I was the comedy relief, believe it or not.”
Clooney notes that what some established actors might consider an early embarrassment, he doesn’t see it that way at all. “I got an agent from it. I got guest shots on TV shows from it. I got my SAG card from it,” writes the star. “I always look back at that play as the turning point for me.” Clooney adds that the seemingly degrading role helped him decide, “I’m in the right business, and I shouldn’t be embarrassed about everything I do.”

Last edited by Katiedot on Wed 13 Jan 2016, 15:22; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added text)

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney: “I Played A Male Prostitute Drug Dealer” - New York magazine interview Empty Interview with George: I played a male prostitute drug dealer

Post by carolhathaway Tue 12 Jan 2016, 18:24

I just found an article with an interview with George where he mentioned that he played a male prostitute drug dealer in a play in L.A. and that's how he got an agent and also his SAG card from it.

A very young George with curly black hair us on the cover of the magazine...

George Clooney: “I Played A Male Prostitute Drug Dealer”
21 hours ago Celebrity [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 41
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Celebrity - (New York Magazine)
George Clooney reveals in a new op-ed piece that one of his first acting jobs was playing a “male prostitute drug dealer” in a small Los Angeles play, and that the part was actually a “turning point” in his career.
In the commentary for New York Magazine , Clooney recalls the beginning of his career when he was cast in a play called Vicious , which told the story of punk rocker Sid Vicious. “It’s always bad to say you did a play in Los Angeles, because people just look at you and laugh,” the actor says. “It was an incredibly brutal play… I played a male prostitute drug dealer and I was the comedy relief, believe it or not.”
Clooney notes that what some established actors might consider an early embarrassment, he doesn’t see it that way at all. “I got an agent from it. I got guest shots on TV shows from it. I got my SAG card from it,” writes the star. “I always look back at that play as the turning point for me.” Clooney adds that the seemingly degrading role helped him decide, “I’m in the right business, and I shouldn’t be embarrassed about everything I do.”

Last edited by Katiedot on Wed 13 Jan 2016, 15:22; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Added text)
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

George Clooney: “I Played A Male Prostitute Drug Dealer” - New York magazine interview Empty Re: George Clooney: “I Played A Male Prostitute Drug Dealer” - New York magazine interview

Post by Sevens Wed 13 Jan 2016, 11:53

Great find!
Love to see a young George magazine cover. I'd love to read the full interview.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

George Clooney: “I Played A Male Prostitute Drug Dealer” - New York magazine interview Empty Re: George Clooney: “I Played A Male Prostitute Drug Dealer” - New York magazine interview

Post by carolhathaway Wed 13 Jan 2016, 12:06

Sevens,

yesterday I opened a thread the same minute as PAN. Mine included a llnk with some text, but I don't know if it's just an excerpt or the whole interview:

(It starts with the picture you already posted)

Celebrity - (New York Magazine)
In the commentary for New York Magazine , Clooney recalls the beginning of his career when he was cast in a play called Vicious , which told the story of punk rocker Sid Vicious. “It’s always bad to say you did a play in Los Angeles, because people just look at you and laugh,” the actor says. “It was an incredibly brutal play… I played a male prostitute drug dealer and I was the comedy relief, believe it or not.”

Last edited by carolhathaway on Wed 13 Jan 2016, 12:08; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added link)
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 13 Jan 2016, 15:18

carolhathaway wrote:yesterday I opened a thread the same minute as PAN. Mine included a llnk with some text, but I don't know if it's just an excerpt or the whole interview
Thanks! I've merged the two threads.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 13 Jan 2016, 15:23

Wow, he's a brave man, allowing them to put this ancient picture on the cover of the magazine!!  PR coup - expect to see this all over the internet.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 13 Jan 2016, 16:08

That gorgeous hair.  There are men who would kill for that hair
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Wed 13 Jan 2016, 16:22

Donnamarie wrote:That gorgeous hair.  There are men who would kill for that hair
Donna,
just imagine to slip through this hair with your fingers *yummie*

(By the way: My husband has exactly the same hair structure as George, same colour. Shorter than George's in younger years, not as grey as George's hair is now - just the opposite to my hair, I started getting grey hair when I was 25, and now I'm fed up with colouring it.)
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Wed 13 Jan 2016, 18:25

He is a cutie .    Hug1

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down