George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George and Amal lunch with David Milliband in Beverley Hills Oct 22 2015 EmptyToday at 01:05 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
George and Amal lunch with David Milliband in Beverley Hills Oct 22 2015 EmptyToday at 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George and Amal lunch with David Milliband in Beverley Hills Oct 22 2015 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George and Amal lunch with David Milliband in Beverley Hills Oct 22 2015 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George and Amal lunch with David Milliband in Beverley Hills Oct 22 2015 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George and Amal lunch with David Milliband in Beverley Hills Oct 22 2015 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George and Amal lunch with David Milliband in Beverley Hills Oct 22 2015 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George and Amal lunch with David Milliband in Beverley Hills Oct 22 2015 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George and Amal lunch with David Milliband in Beverley Hills Oct 22 2015 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George and Amal lunch with David Milliband in Beverley Hills Oct 22 2015

+6
annemarie
ANN
kat19
LizzyNY
Donnamarie
party animal - not!
10 posters

Go down

George and Amal lunch with David Milliband in Beverley Hills Oct 22 2015 Empty George and Amal lunch with David Milliband in Beverley Hills Oct 22 2015

Post by party animal - not! Thu 22 Oct 2015, 23:44

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

and this

Elegant in ivory! Amal Clooney looks stunning in silky dress as she enjoys Beverly Hills lunch with husband George and former British Labour MP David Miliband 

One thing that can be said of Amal and George Clooney - they have interesting friends in high places.

The human rights lawyer and the A-list actor stood out among this crowd as they lunched with none other than former British Labour MP David Miliband.

The trio were seen emerging from the posh Palm restaurant in Beverly Hills on Thursday, quietly chatting by the curb.

Power lunch: George and Amal Clooney dined with David Miliband in Beverly Hills on Thursday
He paid: The silver fox held a $20 bill in his hand as he waited for the valet to fetch their vehicle
Chivalrous: George led the way as they exited the fancy Palm restaurant 

While George certainly charmed with his banter and grey-blue suit and tie-less blue shirt, Amal looked classy in a white pleated dress that put her long and lean legs on display.

She matched her attire with beige lace-up heels that made her stand tall and proud, and large-framed tinted shades.

Meanwhile, George was recently quizzed about his own political aspirations.

She gets it right every time: The brunette attorney had on an ivory silky dress and large emerald earrings
When asked if he will run for office during a conference for Our Brand Is Crisis, he said: 'I've been asked that for almost 20 years now and the answer is just no. Who would ever want to live like that? I'm friends with a lot of those guys and I just think it's hell.'

While George has no interest in entering politics, he praised those who choose to do so as he believes it is an extremely tough job.
These look familiar: Her heels look like something Kim Kardashian would wear
Awww: George recently admitted to feeling less intelligent than his human rights lawyer spouse Amal and doesn't think there's any question that she is smarter than him
Always working: The Oscar winner is producing the Sandra Bullock film Our Brand Is Crisis

He said: 'I commend people who go into public service because it's such a horrible way to get elected, it's such a horrible time while you're in office. I think people will argue over things they believed in six or eight years ago because it's not their guy saying it.'

George recently admitted to feeling less intelligent than his human rights lawyer spouse Amal and doesn't think there's any question that she is smarter than him.

He quipped: 'I get to wear the trousers and she gets to be the smart one; that's a fair deal, that's a fair trade. I was asked, you know, 'Is she the smart one in the family?' and I don't think anyone would argue with that, do you?

'Often times I feel like an idiot talking to my own wife. It's never good.'

Always a joker: He quipped: 'I get to wear the trousers and she gets to be the smart one; that's a fair deal, that's a fair trade'
Her dress appears to be on backwards: The brainy beauty had buttons down the back of her frock

Last edited by Nicky80 on Fri 23 Oct 2015, 20:20; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Lornadoone: edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added date. Please post dates, not days of the week, "yesterday" "today" etc. the info is used when seeking archived info.) Nicky80: add pics and text)

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George and Amal lunch with David Milliband in Beverley Hills Oct 22 2015 Empty Re: George and Amal lunch with David Milliband in Beverley Hills Oct 22 2015

Post by party animal - not! Fri 23 Oct 2015, 00:48

David Miliband's latest tweet

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

George and Amal lunch with David Milliband in Beverley Hills Oct 22 2015 Empty Re: George and Amal lunch with David Milliband in Beverley Hills Oct 22 2015

Post by party animal - not! Fri 23 Oct 2015, 02:13

More pics from outside Palm, wedding guest Bruce Bozzi's restaurant.............

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 23 Oct 2015, 02:14

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 23 Oct 2015, 02:34

David Miliband is the CEO of the International Rescue Committee. Amal is holding two folders from the organization as she's leaving the restaurant.

The IRC is a very well respected humanitarian aid organization.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 23 Oct 2015, 02:38

........and has Kofi Annan and Bill Clinton on its board.......

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 23 Oct 2015, 03:06

Since Milliband's Instagram is about South Sudan, I  wonder if the lunch was to discuss what can be done to help ease the situation there - maybe some sort of mutual project or maybe just an exchange of information and ideas.

I'm guessing he and George have worked together before. Maybe now Amal will get involved in some way.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 23 Oct 2015, 03:07

LOL.  The DailyFail caption on the last picture "Her dress appears to be on backwards: The brainy beauty had buttons down the back of her frock".  So what are they trying to say. Is Amal so smart because she decided to wear her dress backwards (and possibly start a new trend).  Or are they insinuating that she is uncharacteristically clueless to the fact that she got dressed in the dark not knowing that she is wearing her dress the wrong way?????
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 23 Oct 2015, 03:15

LizzyNY wrote:Since Milliband's Instagram is about South Sudan, I  wonder if the lunch was to discuss what can be done to help ease the situation there - maybe some sort of mutual project or maybe just an exchange of information and ideas.

I'm guessing he and George have worked together before. Maybe now Amal will get involved in some way.

Right Lizzy. I would assume lots of discussion of South Sudan. And Syria too. Amal worked with Kofi Annan on the Syria issue a few years ago.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by kat19 Fri 23 Oct 2015, 06:41

George and Amal also had dinner a while back with David Miliband's brother Ed Miliband who was Britains Labour Party leader. Amal and Geoffrey Robertson were advising him on some foreign policy issues concerning Russia if I remember correctly. There was an article written about it.

kat19
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by ANN Fri 23 Oct 2015, 07:32

more foto

image: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Read more at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Nicky80 on Fri 23 Oct 2015, 20:33; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added pics)
ANN
ANN
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 23 Oct 2015, 12:34

Getty also has pictures.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 23 Oct 2015, 13:19

a petition !!!

can those simpa sites post images in time order ?

is it a strategy ?

sure

but wt  fff
why not get us a glimpse about... sort of...
time lapse thing?

no way Evil or Very Mad

they like to play with us 
"search what before what next"

Mad shmm
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 23 Oct 2015, 14:12

It's me order would be nice.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 23 Oct 2015, 15:25

David Miliband recently moved from New York to Los Angeles.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 23 Oct 2015, 16:13

annemarie, I didn't know that.  Interesting.  I really don't know anything about him.  He's been on some cable political talk shows discussing IRC's work but that's my only exposure to him.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 23 Oct 2015, 20:38

George looks great drool3
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 23 Oct 2015, 20:51

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 23 Oct 2015, 21:34

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 23 Oct 2015, 21:49

Here is Bruce Bozzi's Instagram. Owner of Palm restaurant and guest at the Clooney wedding

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 23 Oct 2015, 22:02

Thanks PAN, Nicky and Ann for posting all the great pictures.  George looks very handsome and Amal looks beautiful.  Oh and David looked nice too.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 24 Oct 2015, 21:09

David Milliband should have been the leader of the
Labour Party but instead his brother Ed was voted in.
A Big mistake. David has more Leadership qualities.

Maybe one day he'll return to British politics 
and take his place as leader of the Labour Party.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 24 Oct 2015, 21:12

Lovely set of pictures, thank you.

I DO like George's look there too.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Pagan Cat Lady Sun 25 Oct 2015, 05:51

He's definetly looking good on these picks, as is she.

Pagan Cat Lady
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 26 Oct 2015, 11:31

As long ago as this, George was supporting the International Rescue Committee

and this is a tweet from David Miliband about the current situation in South Sudan

..........and I've read somewhere that the new UN elected man to moniter the UN food aid programme there is a member of Al Bashir's team.........words fail me.....

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 26 Oct 2015, 12:58

Is the UN not paying attention to who they give these positions.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 26 Oct 2015, 13:29

Based on a voting system, Annemarie, so I'm guessing if half the ANC voted that would be it -bear in mind Zuma of South Africa let al Bashir leave there after an ANC conference, thus escaping the ICC's warrant for his arrest.

The ANC have voted to support any of their members who might be wanted by the international community for crimes against humanity.

Here's the article

I found it via Nuba Reports set up by Ryan Boyette. George and John Prendergast met him on their last (public) visit to South Sudan

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 26 Oct 2015, 15:40

This is not the right thread to discuss so PAN maybe you could respond on George's political and humanitarian thread.  I read a story when Bashir was in South Africa or another African country for this conference and  there was an opportunity for his arrest.  The country chose not to.  I can't remember the reason for "looking the other way" to the ICC's warrant.  Is it purely political or is it the sense throughout Africa that the ICC holds no real clout or legitimate power?  Is the rest of the African Union content to leave Bashir in power.  Don't rock the boat attitude?  Your thoughts.  This appointment seems crazy to me.

Last edited by Donnamarie on Mon 26 Oct 2015, 15:44; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correct spelling)
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down