George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Repubblica Italy Interview: George Clooney in "Tomorrowland", "I'm an old bear, but I found Amal" EmptyYesterday at 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
Repubblica Italy Interview: George Clooney in "Tomorrowland", "I'm an old bear, but I found Amal" EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Repubblica Italy Interview: George Clooney in "Tomorrowland", "I'm an old bear, but I found Amal" EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Repubblica Italy Interview: George Clooney in "Tomorrowland", "I'm an old bear, but I found Amal" EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Repubblica Italy Interview: George Clooney in "Tomorrowland", "I'm an old bear, but I found Amal" EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Repubblica Italy Interview: George Clooney in "Tomorrowland", "I'm an old bear, but I found Amal" EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Repubblica Italy Interview: George Clooney in "Tomorrowland", "I'm an old bear, but I found Amal" EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Repubblica Italy Interview: George Clooney in "Tomorrowland", "I'm an old bear, but I found Amal" EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Repubblica Italy Interview: George Clooney in "Tomorrowland", "I'm an old bear, but I found Amal" EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Repubblica Italy Interview: George Clooney in "Tomorrowland", "I'm an old bear, but I found Amal"

+8
/
annemarie
bgarabedian
JMK
melbert
mel01
LizzyNY
Nicky80
12 posters

Go down

Repubblica Italy Interview: George Clooney in "Tomorrowland", "I'm an old bear, but I found Amal" Empty Repubblica Italy Interview: George Clooney in "Tomorrowland", "I'm an old bear, but I found Amal"

Post by Nicky80 Sat 09 May 2015, 21:04

thanks to frenchies

Google Translation

George Clooney in "Tomorrowland", "I'm an old bear, but I found Amal"

The actor will star, along with Britt Robertson, the new sci-fi movie directed by Brad Bird. We meet him in Los Angeles, to tell us what is genius, where would the time machine and why marrying a Lebanese (the lawyer Amal Clooney) is a dream that smacks of "extended family"

LOS ANGELES - In leather jacket, his hair more gray and his eyes more and more cheerful, George Clooney, 54 made from a few days (May 6), happiness oozes from every pore. Gone are the times when he was annoyed with the paparazzi (especially Italian) or those in which he had to defend certain lifestyle choices, not artistic or political, but personal, on his loves. The marriage with the human rights lawyer, the Lebanese Amal Clooney, makes every day happier and has no hesitation to say during this meeting in Los Angeles to talk about his new film, the fantascientico Tomorrowland, conscript and directed by Brad Bird (Mission Impossible - Ghost Protocol). Clooney plays a former boy genius disenchanted with life whose encounter with the teenager, the optimist Casey (Britt Robertson) led him to embark on a dangerous mission to discover the secrets of a mysterious place - somewhere in space and time - known only as "Tomorrowland" which will change everything forever. The film, produced by Disney, (Tomorrowland is a section of Disneyland built in 1955) will be released in the US on May 22, by us the day before.

One of the interesting concepts of the film is that the great minds of the past met and discussed the world. If he had the opportunity to talk with these great geniuses, who would want to meet?

"Probably I would limit myself to the United States, so we would speak the same language. I would like to hear Jefferson, because he understood the Constitution and had an idea of ​​what could have been flexible in the future. It would be interesting to be with Tesla, although it was Hungarian, for his theory of alternating current. It came out of nowhere, was a genius, without him, our world would be different. Tesla Edison loved, even though he was fucked by him. But I know that Edison had fun at parties, it would be nice to do it drunk and feel that he says ".

And if he had a time machine, where would?

"The first question is: I could go back? Because there are places where I would go, but I'd peck polio! I'd go back to 1960 and the inauguration of Kennedy and hear him say 'I do not ask ...'. And I confess that I'd go back in time and see what are our plans for the future. "

What drives you now to be in a movie?

"In the case of Tomorrowland I was amused to read the script of this old bear all punching and complains all day. At 30, I was in a movie like this I would have taken the other to punch while behind me set off large explosions. This is not a sequel, not a movie of Marvel, is an original film. As an actor is something I had never done before, a character always angry, who never smiles, a bow. In the past I've played in a blockbuster called Batman and Robin and I learned my lesson. Dda then no one had ever asked to do one. "

She has often explored the Middle East, even in his cinema since she married Amal think you have a better understanding?

"I think we all understand less and less because it is a subject infinitely more complicated than it has ever been. There are forces in constant conflict against each other, our allies are friends of our enemies, and our enemies are friends of our allies it is all very confusing. It is a part of the world on fire, are difficult times. But I hope and I hope that things will work out, but it will take time. With Amal speak every day about this, but every day terrible things happen , speaking of Syria and is tragic, then Ukraine and there are problems everywhere. Of course I understand better the Lebanese, because they will all mass: we made a second feast after the wedding just for them and they were hundreds of them! Now I have a large family, I do not mind. "

It was something I was looking for a long time?

"No. I had not planned to marry me, but I met a woman I felt that I wanted to spend the rest of my life and I hope vice versa. From the moment I met her, until now, spending time with her I It gives the greatest joy. I feel I have a life partner and I did not think that would ever happen. "

Big plans to travel with Amal?

"There are so many places I want to visit with you, find time to travel not to work, but because they really want to go there. You and I on a motorcycle in the middle of the French Alps ... there is a Mexican town in the French Alps which is called Barcelonnette, here, I'd be there now. "

Children?

"I have no idea! Come on, we just got married, give me peace!".

Many Lebanese cuisine to your home?

"My wife is good at making reservations! Her mother is a good book! It's a generational thing. But in the Lebanese community I discovered some amazing things, such as tabouli. I am a decent cook. I was single for many years, I I learned to cook the pasta because I spent so much time in Italy, are good at breakfasts and stuffed turkey for Thanksgiving. "

It changed its sense of style, with regard to clothing, since he met Amal?

"Amal has its own sense of style and you buy her clothes, is a mature woman and vaccinated; certainly sometimes give clothes because they want to promote their name. When we paparazzi outside the home Amal says, want to go out with the same shirt yesterday and you shoot like that again? ".

How you are adapting to a life together after so many years as a single?

"All right! The hardest thing is to manage our time because we do so many things. She is a lawyer, which means it has a high degree of independence and can manage his work in different places. When I told her that I would be a little ' time in New York to shoot a film with Jodie Foster, I've just finished, Amal told me: 'All right, then I'm going to teach a course at Columbia University', precisely in New York. Adapting means trying to manage well our programs so as not to be never too far away and we did well. "

It is true that imposed the rules to avoid that tourists come close to his home on Lake Como?

"No, indeed, we knew nothing about it. This is what happened: the mayor of Laglio, where is my house, put a sign in front of our gate prohibiting the traffic to stop, because it is a small and c 'is always traffic, and it is dangerous because people will stop and gets out to take pictures. It's a security measure, but suddenly it turns out that I did pressure on the mayor, as was his initiative. We nothing changes, there is a great hedge, our privacy is protected and in any case will not be there for a couple of months. "

Really it does not have political ambitions?

"George as governor? No! I have many political friends and I know that their life is very difficult. I do not have to compromise as they do. I think I'm more useful doing what I do, working on things that interest me."

He will continue his fight for clean energy?

"Yes, but I will not do the spokesman, because I believe in clean energy but at the same time traveling on a private jet that consume a lot of petrol and it would be hypocritical 'green man'. But I firmly believe in the need for clean energy resources and renewable, to try to change the way we live and travel. I am not pessimistic about the future. I believe that each of us can do something to improve our planet. "

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Repubblica Italy Interview: George Clooney in "Tomorrowland", "I'm an old bear, but I found Amal" Empty Re: Repubblica Italy Interview: George Clooney in "Tomorrowland", "I'm an old bear, but I found Amal"

Post by Nicky80 Sat 09 May 2015, 21:19

Children?

Imagine......lot of Little clooneys Cool  If that day comes I need a moment to handle it :-)
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Repubblica Italy Interview: George Clooney in "Tomorrowland", "I'm an old bear, but I found Amal" Empty Re: Repubblica Italy Interview: George Clooney in "Tomorrowland", "I'm an old bear, but I found Amal"

Post by LizzyNY Sat 09 May 2015, 22:34

Nicky80 wrote:
lol!  God bless google translations. I haven't laughed so hard in ages!:

She has often explored the Middle East, even in his cinema since she married Amal think you have a better understanding. 

(Do they know something we don't? Is George transgender? Why can't they EVER get their pronouns right?!)

Big plans to travel with Amal?
"There are so many places I want to visit with you, find time to travel not to work, but because they really want to go there. You and I on a motorcycle in the middle of the French Alps ... there is a Mexican town in the French Alps which is called Barcelonnette, here, I'd be there now. "

(Oh, to hear George say, "There are so many places I want to visit with you. You and I on a motorcycle in the middle of the French Alps...".  George must have really liked this reporter! Very Happy )

Many Lebanese cuisine to your home?
 "My wife is good at making reservations! Her mother is a good book!

(Doesn't anyone proofread this stuff? Baria is a good BOOK? I wonder what her title is?)

It changed its sense of style, with regard to clothing, since he met Amal?
 "Amal has its own sense of style and you buy her clothes, is a mature woman and vaccinated; certainly sometimes give clothes because they want to promote their name. When we paparazzi outside the home Amal says, want to go out with the same shirt yesterday and you shoot like that again?

(What a Face This is so wrong in so many ways! She's "a mature woman and vaccinated"? WTF?!! Well, at least we know she got her shots. That should come in handy when they paparazzi outside the home.)

Google really needs to hire some proofreaders PDQ. Their translations are making less and less sense - and causing more and more laughs! Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by mel01 Sun 10 May 2015, 02:11

Nicky80 wrote:Children?

Imagine......lot of Little clooneys Cool  If that day comes I need a moment to handle it :-)

I think they're trying. I got this impression from Nancy o' Dell's very inappropriate question on the red carpet at the Globes, asking if any kids could be in the future..understandably Amal looked taken aback and put on the spot as she looked at George, who told her sarcastically "they're so polite". I did feel for her then as I felt Nancy had gone too far. In the end Amal said to Nancy: "you're worse than my mother". It's unfair when people ask that, and rude, because neither of them can say for sure that they're gonna have children, even if they do want it.

mel01
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 10 May 2015, 04:15

Many think that he got snipped years ago to prevent that very thing happening.
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by JMK Sun 10 May 2015, 04:27

George dated Nancy O'Dell years ago.  She mentioned it in an interview with a magazine.  I always think their interviews seem awkward.  She takes advantage and tries to embarrass him.  Maybe she is a little bitter that he dumped her.

JMK
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by mel01 Sun 10 May 2015, 05:03

JMK wrote:George dated Nancy O'Dell years ago.  She mentioned it in an interview with a magazine.  I always think their interviews seem awkward.  She takes advantage and tries to embarrass him.  Maybe she is a little bitter that he dumped her.

WHAT, really?? Never heard this. Maybe they only went on dates but it never got further, or else it would be awkward. I actually don't detect any awkwardness betwen them, other than him not being happy about her bringing up the children issue.
In this case when she brought up the children issue George said he was expecting it, and it was obvious he particularly remembered she'd forced the question at the Globes.
   Maybe the topic of children and family is a favourite one for Nancy..i remember seeing a clip of her asking Cindy Crawford about whether she'd have a 3rd child, and surprisingly Cindy answered her very honestly, like she was talking to her best girlfriend, but that was a one-on-one interview.

mel01

Back to top Go down

Post by bgarabedian Sun 10 May 2015, 05:19

George is an old bear, but a happy one and he is smiling and loves his work and wife. I assume it is a great marriage but who know later on. I wish him much happiness and a great future. love is not easy to find and he found it. bg

bgarabedian

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 10 May 2015, 11:51

That question is asked at every interview nothing new there. I think Nancy has interviewed George so often they are used to each other and he knows her. I was the same with the will you ever marry question at every interview.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by / Sun 10 May 2015, 14:08

Cut it out with the kids questions, please! All these journalists are so inventive with their questions (not!). If I were George, I wouldn't even answer to that anymore. Anyway, I hope he is not trying for a baby, as Mel suggested, because he wouldn't know what he would get himself into at this age.

/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 10 May 2015, 14:12

@Lizzy, your comments about the Google translations are tooooo funny. Can you please do it with every Google Translation lol!
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Sun 10 May 2015, 14:39

I HATE the kids question, for anyone, because these interviewers have no idea what could be going on.  Maybe she's trying. Maybe she's gotten pregnant and had a miscarriage.  Maybe she's struggling with infertility issues. Questions this personal can be hurtful without the interviewer even realizing. 

Best weird translation: "Amal is a mature woman, and vaccinated." Well, that's good; no measles for the Clooneys! Smile What could they possible have meant?
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 10 May 2015, 17:12

I agree Missa about asking any married couple
about having children.
It's inconsiderte even if asked of a family member,
let alone someone you don't know personally.

I admired Amal's response at the time of "You're worse than my mother." Good for her I thought.
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Sun 10 May 2015, 17:19

I agree that was a good response .

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 10 May 2015, 17:36

Nicky80 wrote:@Lizzy, your comments about the Google translations are tooooo funny. Can you please do it with every Google Translation lol!
Thanks, Nicky. I'll try, but I have to tell you that most of the time I read google translations and just go "WTF????". Very Happy
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 11 May 2015, 07:01

Missa wrote:Best weird translation: "Amal is a mature woman, and vaccinated." Well, that's good; no measles for the Clooneys! Smile What could they possible have meant?
Hahahaha! Yes, I was coming here to comment on the same thing. No TB for the Clooneys!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down