George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Let's Convince George to run for President!
The vanishing Mrs Clooney - Page 2 EmptyThu 25 Jul 2024, 15:27 by LizzyNY

» An open letter to George Clooney
The vanishing Mrs Clooney - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Jul 2024, 22:48 by LizzyNY

» Chit Chat 2022
The vanishing Mrs Clooney - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Jul 2024, 12:45 by Ida

» joe-biden-drops-out-2024-election-presidential-race-7555388
The vanishing Mrs Clooney - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Jul 2024, 01:00 by annemariew

» Topical piece about George and his politics
The vanishing Mrs Clooney - Page 2 EmptySun 21 Jul 2024, 19:42 by annemariew

» George calls for Joe Biden to drop out
The vanishing Mrs Clooney - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Jul 2024, 20:44 by LizzyNY

» Lifetime Achievements
The vanishing Mrs Clooney - Page 2 EmptyThu 11 Jul 2024, 13:23 by Odysseus

» Biden at George fundraiser instead of Zelensky
The vanishing Mrs Clooney - Page 2 EmptySun 07 Jul 2024, 13:28 by LizzyNY

» Amal had key role in ICC bid to have both Hamas and Israeli leaders arrested
The vanishing Mrs Clooney - Page 2 EmptyThu 04 Jul 2024, 20:43 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

The vanishing Mrs Clooney

+16
LornaDoone
melbert
fava
LizzyNY
party animal - not!
Nicky80
Joanna
mel01
MeganMorris
Cece42
annemarie
Katiedot
SideEyeSally
/
Alisonfan
amaretti
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The vanishing Mrs Clooney - Page 2 Empty Re: The vanishing Mrs Clooney

Post by fava Tue 05 May 2015, 03:40

I was joking about the neglecting to feed and wearing out.  Not joking about the same conversation and comparisons of photos about the previous 3 girlfriends.  It's here in the previous threads somewhere.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 05 May 2015, 04:07

fava wrote:I was joking about the neglecting to feed and wearing out.  Not joking about the same conversation and comparisons of photos about the previous 3 girlfriends.  It's here in the previous threads somewhere.

Sorry fava. I took your comments too seriously.   I do know that every other gf has been scrutinized up and down and every which way just because they are with George. In the press and on COH.  Amal is no exception. 

But as I said to Lizzy what a way to go ..... Hug1
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 05 May 2015, 04:15

All of George's girlfriends have lost considerable amounts of weight during their time with him.  You are right Fava, they are here in other threads - multiple threads...
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 05 May 2015, 04:23

melbert that's just not true.  I don't need to read the threads to find that out.  I've followed George long enough and seen him go through quite a few girlfriends. They did not lose noticeable weight when they were with him.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 05 May 2015, 06:20

Ok, fava was clearly joking (although, sign me up for the George Clooney diet too!!) and yes, all of his past girlfriends were noted for losing weight once they started dating him. It's been discussed by fans for years.

I don't think that's particularly a reflection of George as a person; I think it's more to do with women's psyche.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 05 May 2015, 12:04

Katiedot wrote:Ok, fava was clearly joking (although, sign me up for the George Clooney diet too!!) and yes, all of his past girlfriends were noted for losing weight once they started dating him. It's been discussed by fans for years.  

I don't think that's particularly a reflection of George as a person; I t
hink it's more to do with women's psyche.  

Katiedot, I have to disagree.  It doesn't matter what the fans say.  The pictures of these women are telling.  Unless there are quotes from his former girlfriends who said as much ther is just no evidence that any of them lost noticeable weight.  I don't mean to harp on this issue but it's just a continuation of misinformation about George based on nothing concrete.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 05 May 2015, 12:15

Rose colored glasses alter perspectives.
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 05 May 2015, 13:18

melbert wrote:Rose colored glasses alter perspectives.
So does living in George's world. If his girlfriends lost weight when they were with him I think it's more to do with the Hollywood/industry ideal of beauty than with him. You have to be thin for the camera, so industry women have to be skinny - and most of George's girlfriends were in the industry - or wanted to be.

Amal is naturally thin, but I do think she has lost weight. I hope it's just stress from getting accustomed to all the new things in her life. Then, when she gets used to everything, she can relax and hopefully put on a little weight. I know it's her business, and if she's happy then it's ok, but (and this is just my opinion) being that thin isn't healthy. It does, however, make her the perfect clothes hanger for designer clothes - maybe Anna Wintour's influence?

(PS - Gayle King just said she thought Amal was the best dressed woman at the Met Ball.)
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 05 May 2015, 13:51

There is a weight chart that is used to supposedly determine by height how much we should way. At the lowest weight on that chart you are still healthy now whether you look good at that weight is another matter.I know if I got down to what they claim I should weigh I would look starved. Hey but as long as we are all happy with how we look and we feel good that is all that matters.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 05 May 2015, 14:35

Donnamarie wrote:Katiedot, I have to disagree.  It doesn't matter what the fans say.  The pictures of these women are telling.
 Sure, but the thing is, the fans are commenting on the pictures: they aren't just inventing something for the sake of it.  For the past 7 years, fans have consistently noticed that George's girlfriend of the time has lost weight, based on photos of the woman in question. I think you're the first person I've come across who thinks otherwise, which is fine, but in this case you're going against the general consensus.

I don't think anyone's saying that the girlfriends (and now wife) have dramatically lost kilos and kilos, but most seem to have dropped a dress size or so over the course of their relationship; bones stuck out more, waists seemed thinner, face structure just a little more defined.  None of them have ever been anything other than naturally slim anyway but they do all look like they'd lost weight.

LizzyNY wrote: If his girlfriends lost weight when they were with him I think it's more to do with the Hollywood/industry ideal of beauty than with him.
I would completely agree with you there.

If I had to go out and be photographed in public as often as Amal does and be subject to all the comments about how she looks, I think I'd find the needle on my scales rocketing backwards as the pounds dropped off.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Tue 05 May 2015, 14:43

Katiedot wrote:
Donnamarie wrote:Katiedot, I have to disagree.  It doesn't matter what the fans say.  The pictures of these women are telling.
 Sure, but the thing is, the fans are commenting on the pictures: they aren't just inventing something for the sake of it.  For the past 7 years, fans have consistently noticed that George's girlfriend of the time has lost weight, based on photos of the woman in question. I think you're the first person I've come across who thinks otherwise, which is fine, but in this case you're going against the general consensus.

I don't think anyone's saying that the girlfriends (and now wife) have dramatically lost kilos and kilos, but most seem to have dropped a dress size or so over the course of their relationship; bones stuck out more, waists seemed thinner, face structure just a little more defined.  None of them have ever been anything other than naturally slim anyway but they do all look like they'd lost weight.

I have to agree with katie.  I've been to several of George's premieres, (living in Los Angeles does have it's opportunities) and ALL except the Brit gal (whose name escapes me at the moment) have looked BONE THIN in person.  So they when you see protruding bones in pictures, imagine how truly thin they are in person.

I don't know if it's George's doing.  I think they see pictures of themselves and go, "Oh SHIT, I look FAT" and work on themselves.  George may have connections to people who are nutritional counselors and/or physical trainers, but I don't think he necessarily says, "Hey, you're going to look fat in pictures, here's something that will help."  I think they do it on their own.  JMO
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 05 May 2015, 14:48

I remember Stacy lost weight but I think that was because she was modeling she did the wedding gown spread for Pronovias. I don't think George has any thing to do with their weight. I think Amal is thin and has always been thin. But if she has lost weight it may be due to stress as long as she is healthy and I assume she is then fine as we have said as long as she is happy that is all that matters.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 05 May 2015, 15:05

I'm obviously in the minority here.  The only woman in my my opinion who has noticeably lost weight is Amal.  And I don't know her reasons for doing so. She  looked very fit before George but it's not our business why she did.

LIsa Snowden was one of the more voluptuous women G dated.  But Elisabetta and Stacey were already body conscious before George.  Their careers depended on it.  Stacey was already doing fitness and Betta was on that Italian TV show and doing photo spreads where much of her body was already on display.  I will stick to my opinion for what's it worth.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Tue 05 May 2015, 16:09

Deleted post. Wrong thread.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Hebe Wed 06 May 2015, 00:04

Amal used to be a smoker but apparently gave up when she started dating George. It is possible that she put some weight on after going out for lots of lovely dinners with him and then perhaps felt she would feel happier at her previous weight. After eating smaller portions and exercising by playing netball which, I believe she enjoys, she she has been able to keep her weight in check. She probably lost more weight prior to the wedding as lots of brides seem to do. Though slimmer she may be healthier than previously if she is eating healthy food and continuing to be a non smoker.

That's my theory anyway.

Hebe
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 06 May 2015, 01:50

Hebe, I also thought of her being a smoker when she met George.  As with many former smokers they tend to gain weight because they start to eat more.  She may have decided to nip it by changing her eating habits and exercising more often.  From old pictures it looks like she was in good shape before George.  But with increased exercise and being more careful of what she ate like you said she lost weight.  It may be that she feels better now that she doesn't smoke and is exercising more often.  She probably likes the way her body looks and how it makes her feel.  I'm with you Hebe on your theory.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 06 May 2015, 03:15

Good theory definitely a plausible theory.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Wed 06 May 2015, 03:47

For whatever reason, she went on a weight loss regimen after she met George. I think she liked the way she looked, and the comments she got, and the look of the ultra high-end clothes that came with being thin and Mrs. Clooney. So she kept going. Too far, IMO, because I don't think she looks like she dieted herself into better health. I do think she dieted herself into a better wardrobe. And that opinion is worth exactly what I'm being paid for it.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 06 May 2015, 04:21

LornaDoone wrote: ALL except the Brit gal (whose name escapes me at the moment) have looked BONE THIN in person.  
Lisa Snowdon. Ironically, she's also the only one who actually was a professional model whose livelihood did depend on her size.

Sarah Larson became scarily thin (and she was tiny to begin with), then Elisabetta and Stacy also lost weight.

I'm with the others here: I don't think it has anything to do with George wanting a skinny girlfriend; rather it has to do with how women see themselves and let's not kid ourselves here, thin is considered beautiful. The trouble is, most women can't accurately judge how they look for themselves: I've rarely met a woman who doesn't think she could do with losing a pound or two - the problem is, after losing those two pounds, she still thinks she'd look better for losing a pound or two more. I think that's where his girlfriends are, mentally speaking. Thin is good, thinner is better. Add to that the fact that the world's top designers will lend you their beautiful clothes, but only if you fit into sample size, plus the pressure of being photographed so often, and I can totally see why they lose weight.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Thu 07 May 2015, 02:47

Maybe I'm not seeing it, but does she look considerably thinner than she did at the wedding? She most definitely dropped weight between those first pics of then together and the summer, which could have been anything from normal weight fluctuation to OMG I'm on the cover of everything now stress,but she looks the same to me now as she did then. Why the sudden media concern? And honestly, neither the weight or health of strangers should be anyone's concern, unless invited (i.e., Angelina Jolie's cancer surgeries). Wonder why George's girlfriends all began to disappear during their relationships? See the previous 68 comments.
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 07 May 2015, 03:19

Missa,  I have no problem with the way Amal looks.  But there is so much talk here about her weight that I've chimed in just to defend her.  If you look at her at the gala and compare her look at the Florence event last year she looks the same.  If she gains or loses a few pounds here or there so what.  Just so much concern for her slim figure.  I think she likes the way she looks and that's what counts.

And I guess I'm the only one who thinks his former gfs looked pretty much the same to me throughout their relationships.  Just looked at a pic of Elisabetta and she looks body wise the same as she did when she broke up with George.  But now she's pregnant so that will be changing.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 07 May 2015, 05:08

Well I remember one picture where I commented she looked like she had fat calves. Maybe that's what triggered he weight loss! Who knew, one comment from me... brahahahahahahahaha

Yea, just entertaining myself here...
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2