George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Good News
George and Amal on the Sunday Times UK Top 300 Rich List EmptyToday at 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
George and Amal on the Sunday Times UK Top 300 Rich List EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George and Amal on the Sunday Times UK Top 300 Rich List EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
George and Amal on the Sunday Times UK Top 300 Rich List EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George and Amal on the Sunday Times UK Top 300 Rich List EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George and Amal on the Sunday Times UK Top 300 Rich List EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George and Amal on the Sunday Times UK Top 300 Rich List EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George and Amal on the Sunday Times UK Top 300 Rich List EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George and Amal on the Sunday Times UK Top 300 Rich List EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George and Amal on the Sunday Times UK Top 300 Rich List

+10
annemarie
Donnamarie
LizzyNY
Missa
Joanna
Hebe
party animal - not!
Doug Ross
Alisonfan
Nicky80
14 posters

Go down

George and Amal on the Sunday Times UK Top 300 Rich List Empty George and Amal on the Sunday Times UK Top 300 Rich List

Post by party animal - not! Sun 26 Apr 2015, 09:55

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George and Amal on the Sunday Times UK Top 300 Rich List Empty Re: George and Amal on the Sunday Times UK Top 300 Rich List

Post by Nicky80 Sun 26 Apr 2015, 10:14

OK in the Video they say George and Amal are worth over 121 Million Pounds. But how do they calculate that? If they say only George is worth that amount I believe that but if they say George and Amal then my question is how much money Amal brings in to reach that amount?

Or another thought, George is American so if it's just him he would not be in the UK rich list but he married a english woman that nominates him to be included in the UK rich list so they have to mention Amal to make sense? Ok I think I got it. Laughing
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

George and Amal on the Sunday Times UK Top 300 Rich List Empty Re: George and Amal on the Sunday Times UK Top 300 Rich List

Post by party animal - not! Sun 26 Apr 2015, 10:20

I will get a copy of the list today, Nicki, but I think I'm right in saying that anyone on it has to be resident in the UK and declared taxes. So they have declared jointly. As the piece says they're on it for the first time........

Interesting, eh? From every angle!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 26 Apr 2015, 10:26

Here' a bit more of the explanation in a Sunday Times article. To see it all, you have to subscribe of course. Thank you Rupert Murdoch. 

So today, many rookie journos will be rushing for the rules and the headline, I'm guessing

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 26 Apr 2015, 11:06

Just check this out a bit further. The Clooneys are on the Sunday Times Rich List top 1000 at number 790.......

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 26 Apr 2015, 15:22

I read somewhere that Amal's net worth was $2 million. Can't calculate that into pounds at the moment but obviously for George to be on the list he and Amal must be declaring jointly as PAN said.

Bottom line they are pretty damn rich whether or not they are included on any "wealthiest in Britain" list.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 26 Apr 2015, 15:41

Wondering if he's on the list because he married a Brit or because he owns property in the UK? Why would he declare jointly and open himself up to UK taxes when he's the one with all the money? Does marrying a British citizen mean you have to pay taxes there? Or is it because he bought property?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 26 Apr 2015, 16:20

Probably both, Lizzy. Here is the article in the list about them - Donnamarie, your £1 million is about right

In fact the tax system is fairer, which is fairer. Paul McCartney and his wife are no
154 on the list with £730m. He made 84 on his tour and she has 150 from her share of her fathers business

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Sun 26 Apr 2015, 18:20

I think she's probably richer than him, Lizzy.
He's the one really wealthy in his family. Her family, instead, seems to be pretty rich. 
Moreover she earns a lot of money with her job, so..

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 26 Apr 2015, 19:14

As long as they both pay their due taxes etc
I don't mind how much they've got.

Most of us are Millionares anyway, compared to a
good proportion of our world's population.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 26 Apr 2015, 19:38

Jo- You're right about that. Most of us have so much more than a lot of people even dream of, yet these 1% ers make us feel like we're the poor ones. I guess everything's relative.

It boggles the mind to think of how much these people must pay in taxes, and in how many places. If you have to pay taxes where you have a home then George has to pay in the US, the UK, Italy and Mexico! Ouch! He'd better have really good accountants.

Doug Ross - I think George has a lot more money than Amal has. Her family may be much richer than he is, but that isn't her money - even if she has access to it. She's only taxable for money she has in her own name.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Mon 27 Apr 2015, 00:37

LizzyNY wrote:Wondering if he's on the list because he married a Brit or because he owns property in the UK? Why would he declare jointly and open himself up to UK taxes when he's the one with all the money? Does marrying a British citizen mean you have to pay taxes there? Or is it because he bought property.

Does marrying a British citizen mean you have to pay taxes there? Or is it because he bought property?

Both LizzyNY once it made in public domain

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 27 Apr 2015, 00:55

121 million British pounds is about 240 million US dollars.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 27 Apr 2015, 02:02

Just checked. According to celebritynetworth.com George is worth $180 million and Amal is worth $10 million.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 27 Apr 2015, 04:33

Wow.  I' guess I'm surprised that Amal's net worth is $10m.  She really has done well for herself.  I read $2m somewhere and I thought that was considerable.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 27 Apr 2015, 04:52

Donnamarie - I don't know how reliable that site is. I checked a couple of others and they said the same thing for George, so I guess it's fairly accurate.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Mon 27 Apr 2015, 06:46

LizzyNY wrote:
Doug Ross - I think George has a lot more money than Amal has. Her family may be much richer than he is, but that isn't her money - even if she has access to it. She's only taxable for money she has in her own name.

Right, I didn't think about it

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 27 Apr 2015, 11:38

Some how I think he is worth more than that he does a lot of things and gets paid well. I think these figures are just from what is public knowledge his movies and some commercials probably not all his other deals.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 27 Apr 2015, 12:03

Mail today:

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hebe Mon 27 Apr 2015, 13:45

The Mail only credits £1million to Amal but I also read some time ago that she was worth about £2million in her own right. I thought it might be more than that assuming she owned her own property. Property in London is expensive so her flat could be worth a couple of million IMO.

Of course she may have spent squadrillions on clothes already!

Hebe
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 28 Apr 2015, 06:28

George has a hell of a lot more money than she does: look at their annual earnings! 

Not sure why he'd be on this list.  I'd doubt he's paying tax in the UK because that would be just stupid.  You only have to pay tax in the UK if you're permanently living there (owning a house doesn't make you a resident) and the taxman calculates how many months in a year you have to be resident in order to qualify for taxes.  George isn't in the UK nearly long enough.

US citizens, however, aren't as lucky as the Brits: you have to pay tax to your government.  Doesn't matter where you earned it or where you live, if you're American you pay taxes, even if you've already paid tax on that same income in another country.  I'd doubt George's accountants are silly enough to pay twice in two different countries for him.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 28 Apr 2015, 11:46

Maybe they are in the UK more than we actually know and that is why he is paying taxes.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 28 Apr 2015, 11:59

What if the Sonning house is in Amal's name.  And George is not considered aresident.  Legally he wouldn't pay taxes at all in Britain. Yes or no?
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 28 Apr 2015, 14:14

Katiedot wrote:George has a hell of a lot more money than she does: look at their annual earnings! 

Not sure why he'd be on this list.  I'd doubt he's paying tax in the UK because that would be just stupid.  You only have to pay tax in the UK if you're permanently living there (owning a house doesn't make you a resident) and the taxman calculates how many months in a year you have to be resident in order to qualify for taxes.  George isn't in the UK nearly long enough.

US citizens, however, aren't as lucky as the Brits: you have to pay tax to your government.  Doesn't matter where you earned it or where you live, if you're American you pay taxes, even if you've already paid tax on that same income in another country.  I'd doubt George's accountants are silly enough to pay twice in two different countries for him.
Thanks for clearing that up, Katie. He may be crazy in love with her (maybe) but he isn't crazy and neither are his accountants ! I couldn't imagine him doubling his tax bill by taking up "permanent" residence in the UK. The US taxes are already brutal - especially in his tax bracket.

It just occurred to me that some of those rumors about them not agreeing just might be true. If she wants to move to England and make it their home base that could create a major problem. He's already giving a big chunk of his income to Uncle Sam, which I don't think would change unless he renounced his citizenship. I don't think he'd want to give another large chunk of it away in taxes anywhere else as he uses his money to fund his films and charitable causes. She may have to make some major adjustments to her professional life if they're going to spend much time together.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 28 Apr 2015, 14:44

There are a lot of assumptions being made here with absolutely no evidence to back it up. Rumors of G & A disagreeing are BS rumors by trashy tabloids. We should give George more credit than what those tabloids are saying. Unfortunately none of us know the inner workings of George's financial situation. But he's a smart man with smart accountants. I will go out on a limb and say George knows what he's doing. Before he even considered buying property in the UK he probably figured the ins and outs of what was involved. And he's putting slot of money into this new house making renovations so obviously he and Amal expect to spend quality time there.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 28 Apr 2015, 20:03

Obviously we as fans don't need to know about
George's financial situation.
It's just "not done" in the British way to 
discuss money.
I know couples younger than me where
the wife doesn't even know about her own 
husband's income or savings accounts !
Fortunately that doesn't apply to my husband 
and me. lol!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 28 Apr 2015, 21:38

I don't think the rumors are true if she wanted to live there full time they would have decided this before the wedding. I think they simply build their schedules around their time off and spend as much time together as possible. I think they are both pretty independent and love their jobs long distance or not.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Wed 29 Apr 2015, 01:43

So it they're filing jointly, that means all of their finances are likely intermingled, right?  That both surprises and delights me.  If there's any further evidence needed that he's not playing at this relationship, I can't imagine what it might be.

New York seems like a good compromise for a home base, with the homes in LA, London, Cabo, and Como for extended stays in those places. Wish my biggest problem was which mansion to spend the majority of my time in.  Wink
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 29 Apr 2015, 11:05

Just wondering, where does it say that they're filing jointly? I think I missed something somewhere.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 29 Apr 2015, 12:57

Katie - I don't think it does say that. I think there's confusion because they made the list as a couple because of their joint worth. I could be wrong - maybe I missed it, too.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 29 Apr 2015, 13:20

We don't know what the criteria is for making this list.  PAN assumed that for them to be on the list they would have had to file their taxes jointly.  And supposedly you have to be a resident of the UK too. But this is all guesswork at this point.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 29 Apr 2015, 13:52

No it doesn't say they filed jointly . George would never live in New York he hates winter said so in an interview loves warm California. I think their base is wherever they are working that is how it appears to me. When he is working she is with him and when he is off he is with her. When Amal needs to be in London or anywhere else she simply flies there does her work and comes back to where ever George is .

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 29 Apr 2015, 13:58

Donnamarie wrote:We don't know what the criteria is for making this list.  PAN assumed that for them to be on the list they would have had to file their taxes jointly.
Ah, ok then. Thanks!

To make it on this list, the Sunday Times has to think you're worth x amount of money. They calculate it in all sorts of ways, some more accurate than others. But you do have to be living in the UK to feature so I guess that's why they've decided Amal and George come as one unit so they can use his money to boost her into the list. So far as I know, she's still resident in the UK.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Wed 29 Apr 2015, 14:09

I think it was a marketing ploy, packaging George and Amal as a unit so that they'd make the list, and get more eyes on the article.

George is much too smart and savvy to set himself up into essentially giving his wealth away to a foreign government.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Wed 29 Apr 2015, 15:48

Way2Old4Dis wrote:I think it was a marketing ploy, packaging George and Amal as a unit so that they'd make the list, and get more eyes on the article.

George is much too smart and savvy to set himself up into essentially giving his wealth away to a foreign government.

You are absolutely right Way2.  The amount of money people have is pure speculation--unless British tax records are public information?  Most of George's assets are in other countries so not sure why he would even have to report them in Britain.  The news organizations added them to add interest to the list.  Also can't believe there aren't a bunch of quiet business owners, rock stars, oil billionaires resident in UK, etc. who have more money than George.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 29 Apr 2015, 20:16

fava wrote:
  Also can't believe there aren't a bunch of quiet business owners, rock stars, oil billionaires resident in UK, etc. who have more money than George.

There are Fava, but they are NOT George Clooney with his name recognition to get the hits on this site.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 30 Apr 2015, 06:05

Yes, there's a whole list of the richest people in the UK, with quite a few higher than George and Amal.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down